Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Coupe Wheel Vibration

Comments

• shimmy2shimmy2 Member Posts: 3
    I too am having the same issue of the shimmy @ 55+ speeds. The dealer replaced both axles, steering knuckles and some other steering component and the problem still exists!! I took it in a final time and the dealer tried one more time after numerous road force balancing the tires, switching tires and wheels from another car, etc. The rep form Honda drove the car and first told me this is normal and the car has to learn the way you drive. He also was watching the RPMs and said this is a normal vibration. I was then told to drive the car for another 2 to 3 thousand miles and the problem should go away. Are they kidding me? I was also told it was the torque converter and the vibration was related to the RPMs. I then took to car to my friend who is a ASC Certified mechanic and let him drive the car with me. We got the car at highway speeds and he put the car in neutral and turned the engine off... Guess what - the problem was still there!!!!
    The RPMs or engine has nothing to do with this issue. This is a suspension issue that they cannot figure out. I am now seeking other avenues since both the dealer and American Honda have dismissed this issue claiming there is no issue since this is a normal characteristic of the car. Good luck to anyone else having this issue.
  • jonathan73jonathan73 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2012 SE 4 months ago, and unfortunately I am having the same problem. Did you ever get it resolved?
    I'm sorry to hear you are having the same issues. The shimmy looks like it went away for a while, but it came back when I did a tire rotation at the Honda dealer. I then took it back to the dealer which the tires were road force balanced again for the 4th or 5th time and the shimmy still exists!!

This is driving me crazy!!!!!! I paid a lot of money for this car, and do not expect to have these issues with a new car. Does anyone have a good lemon law attorney in Norther NJ that I can contact?
  • skypilot10skypilot10 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2012 Accord with the same problem. Been to 4 dealers and had the tires checked out 4 times. they haven't got a clue what's going on. My question is ... what do I do now??
  • dinofldinofl Member Posts: 53
    I'll tell you what was told to me on this forum in Feb 2010. You are screwed. Either try to live with it, like I did, or try and trade it for something else, like I finally did after 18 months. My new VW CC is like a dream compared to that piece of junk. Honda will not and basically cannot fix the problem. It's inherent in the design and apparently some cars are worse than others or we are just more sensitive to it. Best of luck.
  • dgoncalvesdgoncalves Member Posts: 5
    I'm in the process of contacting the V-P of Honda Japan. I've been told by a reliable source who's in contact with Honda Japan on a regular basis that this issue may be present in North American models. Send me a message if you are interested in getting this contact info in the next week or two. I should have it by then.
    BTW, when writing, please identify what city / state or province you are in.
    I have a 2012 Honda Accord with the same vibration problems and same problems getting the dealer to fix it. I live in Rougemont, NC and bought the car from Bryan Honda in Fayetteville, NC. They are trying but they continue to focus on the tires. Going there on 7/3/12 for 3rd visit.

Hopefully the gentleman dgonclaves can find out something positive for all of us.

Paul
  • gtoman2gtoman2 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Hello there I have the vibration as well it started a few days ago I have 14,000 miles on it 2012 accord. I called the dealer I bought it from and he said bring it in they will fix it even if it needs rotors. He mentioned rotors? so I guess maybe they have trouble with the rotors. please drop me a line if this happen to you I live in Nashville TN Gary
  • jpotter5jpotter5 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 Honda Accord with 23k miles on it and I have been pushing our dealership for answers on it and they are supposedly aware of the issue but I have been told that there are not enough people complaining about it to warrant having them to turn this over to their engineering dept. for a fix. I was basically told to deal with it. However, the service manager that I have been dealing with said the vibration is coming from the steering rack and that they have to get special permission from Honda to do any adjusting to it because most people don't know how to adjust them. The service manager came from GM and he said they used to adjust them all the time and he has had some luck on the couple he has done on the new Accords. I have also test drove the new ones with the intent of trading but they have the same issue. I bought my car from Jerry Damson Honda in Florence, AL but the car actually came from Nashville, TN.
  • keibie40keibie40 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2012
    I have the exact same problem with my 2012 Accord LX -P Sedan. I purchased it on June 30th 2012 from Honda Of Decatur but the car actually came from the Jerry Damson Honda Dealership in Huntsville AL. My irritating vibration began the very next day. After countless visits to the Service Director, 3 wheel alignments and 4 road force balances to all 4 tires it still vibrates. I have been told by the Honda Zone Manager (today) that it's not bad enough for them to justify doing anything further toward correcting the problem and to live with it because it's **the characteristics of the car** and they all vibrate. I have also driven 3 different new 2012 Accords on their lot, with the intentions of hopefully working out a deal to swap it out on July 2nd. Just as you experienced, all 3 of those had the same vibration. So, 27 days of hell and still no resolution and a refusal to try. I purchased the car, with 120 miles on it and I am now at 1,700 miles. The Huntsville AL dealership and the Decatur AL dealership have joined sides with the Honda Zone Manager and I am stuck in the world of vibration hell. Thanks much and I sincerely hope that your car gets fixed successfully. If you are successful after they adjust the settings of your steering rack, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    Hi dgoncalves. Yes I am interested in getting the contact information. I would greatly appreciate it if you can share it with me. The City is Owens Cross Roads. The State is Alabama. Thank you very much in advance.
    Sorry to disappoint, but you might have better luck. I opened a "case' on 7/23/12 after 24 prior days of fighting with the only 2 Honda Dealerships within a 60 mile radius of Huntsville Alabama. One from which I purchased the vehicle on 6/30/12 and another. The Hunter Regional Representative personally came in and worked on my car. No resolution. The Honda Zone Manager was called in. He drove my car with and without me. Yesterday 7/26/12 Honda's final decision was "learn to live with it" and "it's the natural characteristics of the car.". He based decision on the fact that several other new 2012 Accords were driven and all had the same vibration. Complete denial that a problem exists with these cars and complete refusal to do anything further. Good luck and let us know how it works out.
  • factfinder1factfinder1 Member Posts: 3
    I am experiencing the same vibration as the rest of you, very frustrating, as I have leased Honda Accord 4 cyl for over 20 years. this past May, the dealer gave me a better deal on the V6, so why wouldn't I least it, right! I never had problems with any other Accord, what would be different about the V6? I have felt the steering wheel and front end vibration at different speeds, some days more than others, since a few days after I drove the car of the lot. I have had the car in the service dept 3 times now and on the last visit (3 hours) their shop forman drove my car, worked on it for hours, admitting their was a vibration. All they do is balance the tires, claim they had bad balancing machine and had now purchased new equipment. nothing has changed. I also asked to test drive same car as mine while waiting for shop forman to finish working on my vehicle. The service dept presented me with the same exact Accord V6 and I drove with service rep on I-95. As soon as speed hit 55, we both felt and saw the steering wheel vibrate, felt it in both driver and passenger seats! I have a meeting with district Service/Parts Mgr this week. I am thinking now, after researching and reading all these posts that I will have to either contact attorney or the local media. Lucky for me, our Sunday newspaper had a large article on #1 Consumer complaints, vehicle-related problems! If anyone has been given a straight answer and/or resolved this issue, please let us all know!!
  • machaney01machaney01 Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in the contact information you have. I am battling the same scenario with my 2012 accord EXL. I purchased mine 6 weeks ago and have had it back to the dealership 4 times, met with a Honda Rep and been in contact with a case manager from Honda in California. All have been telling me this is normal, and to learn to live with this vibration. I find it to very frustrating that Honda will not stand by their reputation and make customer satisfaction their priority. I am located in the boardman Ohio area.
    Has anyone successfully had their issue with the shimmy resolved? I have my 2012 accord for 6 weeks and had 4 unsuccessful repair attempts. I am very unsatisfied with Hondas customer service. They have this arrogant attitude about their product as well as a poor response to resolving this issue and feel that this is normal for a brand new vehicle to have a vibration/shimmy. Hopefully honda starts to wise up and realize that if they continue to operate with such poor business acumen their product reputation wil have diminished.
    Claybartrug, I would appreciate the contact information for the legal department. I would love to share my experience with him as well about my vibration/shimmy.
  • dgoncalvesdgoncalves Member Posts: 5
    I'll assume noone has had their shimmy / vibration issue resoved as of yet. Today I will be contacting the chairman of Honda Tokoyo, Japan with full details of my steering wheel shimmy issue along with scanned copies of the dealership reports. Every dealership I've taken my car to has had one of their techs test drive my Accord V6 - each one of them agrees that there is a steering wheel shimmy. Yet they all are quick to tell me this is a normal characteristic of the car. If that be so, maybe they should be advertising that all new Honda Accords come equipped with an amazing steering wheel shimmy.
    On the other hand, just imagine what Honda could do for its image if it were to take a few steps back, truly analyze the shimmy issue to its root cause, then issue a recall or at least a service bulletin to finally resolve/repair/replace the defective part(s) causing the problem. It may cost Honda in terms of cash, however their image would benefit hundreds of times more.

Honda... are you listening to your loyal clients?
    Thank you for your efforts on our behalf. I've had 3 new Honda's and had no reason to expect I would have the problems I've had with my 2012 Accord V6. My last visit to the dealership was to give the regional Honda Rep. a ride in my car. I did and she saw and felt the problem. However, she would NOT admit that this was a "problem". We also took another 2012 Accord V6 off the lot and took it for a ride. After it started shaking, the Rep. stated "Paul, this one is worst than yours". When I asked her if we can now consider that this is a problem, again, she would not admit to it. She is supposed to be conrtacting Honda Engineering. It is sad to see Honda treat us customers like we were idiots. They have to know that this will trash their reputation.
    I just returned from Honda dealer where I met with "District Parts and Service Manager". He drove my car with shop forman in back seat, me in passenger seat. Hard to tell when he's driving if the steering wheel vibrates! His conclusion was "the car operated as designed." I requested that the District Mgr also state in his report the the car is safe to drive, which he did. He also kept mentioning that the tires get "soft or flat spots" as if they might temporarily cause some vibration, but would not admit that he felt anything other than normal sensation of "feeling the road". I explained to this Honda rep that I had no confidence in the Accord V-6, nor did I feel safe in this vehicle. I will be pursuing this, hopefully for all of us that have been long time Honda customers. Has anyone experienced this vibration/shimmy in a Honda model other than the Accord V-6? The reason I ask is I have leased Honda Accord EXL 4 cyl for 20 years, that means I have driven 6 Accord 4cyl and this 2012 is my first (and last) V-6. I have never had any problems with any prior Honda Accord. Whatever is causing this vibration/shimmy must be a very costly issue to fix, because I also cannot believe that Honda would treat any customer in this way. Thankfully for me, I have a few connections in the media and legal field.
    You have assumed correctly, in my case. You have one huge thing in your favor. You have the supportive testimony of multiple technicians. I have acknowledgements from my a Honda Service Director and the Honda Zone Manager, but all are declaring the shimmy as normal and just the way that the cars are designed to drive. They have lobbied against me after I drove my case all the way up to the Vice President of American Honda. American Honda has instructed the local Honda Dealerships, **do not attempt any further shimmy repairs on my car**. I refused to close my open Case, but Honda took upon themselves to close the Case anyway. I will gladly join your cause "strength in numbers* and hopefully my recent loss won't hurt our cause and fight. Send me an email and I will gladly send you my scanned copies of records and the emails that I drove all the way up the food chain.
  • claybartrugclaybartrug Member Posts: 9
    These Forums allow guys like us to connect and share information like never before. To all who are getting "stonewalled", why did they settle with me if this is normal?
  • rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    edited August 2012
    The Accord vibration issue is not the only problem with the current generation Accords. The VCM problem with the V6 has also been discussed at length on this forum in another thread.

The common thing with these and other problems customers are having with their Honda vehicles is Honda's response(s) which are usually "The vehicle is operating as designed."

Well, I am one of those who opted to not bother fighting Honda. Although I have plenty of time to do battle, I simply haven't the energy. Unfortunately, most of these fights seem to have one result: Honda refuses to fix or repair their poor vehicles. Our two most recent Hondas were a 2010 Accord EXL V6 and a 2010 Ridgeline RTL. Both were top-of-the-line, costly vehicles but both were plagued with problems that Honda acknowledged but refused to fix. Really a shame, as Honda made good vehicles several years ago.

After owning a total of seven Hondas, we no longer own any. My suggestion to all of you that are plagued with broken Hondas is to get rid of them and find a better car. There are many outstanding cars available on the market that don't suffer from all these maladies--find one and enjoy life. Don't waste any more time or energy on Honda--it's not worth it.
    My 2011 Accord Coupe V6 was my 4th Accord, and 2nd V6 coupe. I would not have bought a 4th, if the first three had not been terrific. Apparently 2007 was the pinnacle year for the Accord. I had a 2003 V6 Coupe - drove it 60K Highway miles on factory tires. Every mile was smooth fun. I bought two 4 door sedans in 2007; one V6 and one 4 cylinder automatic. Both were outstanding. Our baby had gotten old enough to get in and out of her car seat without help, and I wanted back in a V6 coupe, even though the 07 EXL Sedan was perfect.

One thing that is worth mentioning, is that our Regional Honda rep paid to change my wheels because in 2008 the new body style came with a new wheel type for the V6. There was a replacement of many many sets of wheels on that 2008 V6 coupe, due to unexplained vibration / shimmy issues. He looked around the country to see if any of those replacement wheels were still in a parts warehouse somewhere, but none could be found. He suspected that the 2011 coupe might be plagued with the same issue, since 2011 coupes had a brand new wheel design. This ultimately led to me getting to select an aftermarket wheel and tire combo, which did not change the vibration / shimmy AT ALL.

The Honda Legal Dept rep told me my settlement would have been more, but they insisted that I keep the $3000 BBS + Bridgestone Serenity set as part of the settlement. I didn't want them, as I was 100% sure I wasn't replacing this frustration with another Honda. These are for sale if anyone has a non vibrating Sedan or Coupe and is interested...LOL!

As a recent post said, do the best you can and get out of the frustration car, and into something better. I believe this is good advice; this type of thing takes a lot out of you. Unfortunately things change for the worse sometimes, and apparently this is one of those times for Honda. My dad and grandad were diehard Chevy guys for decades until a 1979 model stopped that, and was handled by the manufacturer in a simaliar manner of denial.

Hope the other info helps
    If I had purchased, not leased this 2012 V6, i certainly would just get rid of it, but then that would passing the problem on to another unsuspecting consumer. I don't plan to "fight" Honda, i would like to bring a little more attention to the public on this issue. Has anyone gone to their local media on this subject? This is part of my approach, to hopefully stop other potential Honda customers from falling into this trap, because that is exactly what Honda has created, a trap for the consumer.
  • lorna3lorna3 Member Posts: 11
    I have the same issue with my new Accord. Dealer has confirmed a postive "shimmy/shaking" while driving 60-65 mph on highway, and they cannot repair it. Honda MFG has stated it is a "characteristic" of the Accord. What the ____? Does that even mean? Who is their right mind would continue to pay/drive a vehicle that does this? I was also told it was just "my oppionion" that I don't feel safe. It is not a comfortable feeling when driving on higway, that steering does that. So, basically I am spending over $20,000. to drive on the back roads. This is insane? Has anyone had any luck returning?
  • dinofldinofl Member Posts: 53
    I was in the same boat as you. Honda has just told you to go jump in a lake just like me. Bottom line.. Keep it or sell it. Those are your only options.
    Honda is now acknowledging that there are random thermal breakdowns in the front upper ball joints. After 2 to 3 hours of consistent driving under hot conditions you will begin to hear moderate but pronounced gear-binding noise in the front end while driving slowly or over a rough surface. You should also notice that your shimmy worsens under these conditions also. Honda still denies shimmy problems with these cars, but any accredited front-end specialist will tell you that defective or worn ball joints causes shimmies. Supposedly Honda Engineers are working on a corrective ball joint. No ETA on the fix yet. Please know that these malfunctioning ball joint can/may cause premature wear to the other suspension and steering components. Honda says that this is not a vehicular safety concern and that us consumers should not be concerned either. Sure, bull$$$$. I am going aftermarket with **Problem Solver Moog Replacements**, and just pay out of pocket for a front-end specialist to do the work. My family's safety is too important to me to wait on Honda.
  • carguy162carguy162 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased the 2012 honda accord ex-l v6 last week. The steering wheel vibration situation came to my attention the first time I drove the accord on the highway at about 65mph. Through the 200 miles, I can almost feel the vibration every time I drove. I contacted the dealer and they said they will check the wheel alignment tomorrow. After reading all the posts, I suspect that a simple wheel alignment is going to fixt the issue. If there is a class action lawsuit against honda about this issue, I want to say that I am willing to stand against the greedy car maker.
    I can understand how you feel. You are describing my car perfectly!! I also have had the A/C worked on 3 times as well. I have been driving on back roads ever since. The most the dealer will do, is buy back the vehicle and I would have to pay 4000.00 to break the lease. Thats crazy...
    The part I am most upset about is, why would a MFG...knowing there is a problem, let people to continue driving these vehicles with these major defects? My familys safety is just as important. I want Honda to take the car back and refund me the 4000.00!
    Hopefully the allignment will work for you. They did that with mine, and a week later it was worse. Then they kept it for a week. Rotated tires, put new tires on, balanced again. Then they confirmed it has a definate shimmy/shaking and they cannot fix it. They informed me their was nothing they could do, and to contact the MFG. So, I am doing what I can to get them to take vehicle back.
    Yes, I did send a letter to our local new station. I plan on fighting Honda as well. My dealer confirmed shimmy/shaking at highway 60-65 mph. I just take back roads for now. I don't feel safe on highway! We shall see what happens. Just starting the process!
    The alignment did not resolve the vibration, and the service manager told me that it was normal for the car to vibrate when it changed from 6-cylinder to 3-cylinder as the engine was designed to. I find it hard to believe that a new car will vibrate under normal driving conditions. BTW, I was looking at saftercar.gov and there are three complains about this issue right now. If all of us who are experiencing this problem here file a complaint, I think that will give honda more pressure. The complaining website is https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
    there are a lot of us experiencing the same problem with our honda accord. I am also considering to contact the local media. I also found this website https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ which allows us to file claims. The website is administrated by The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI), an office within the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Hopefully they will bring more pressure to honda on this issue.
    I have the exact problem with my 2012 Accord. The problem started 2 months ago. I have made numerous calls to Honda MFG. Dealer/Service Department states it in "unrepairable". I am getting same response from the MFG as you. Just wondering....do you still have vehicle? how was it resolved?
    I got a settlement and promptly got rid of the Accord.
    Mind telling us what your settlement was and how you maneged to get it?
    I still have the vehicle, it still has the progressively worsening shimmy and Honda is still being jerks about it. After only 2 months of ownership and constant annoyances with shimmying, combined with Honda's refusal to acknowledge the existence of it and BBB declaring that I have no case, I am giving up. Honda has at least acknowledged the defective Upper Ball Joints in the 2012 Honda Accords but has no fix and no ETA for a fix. Moog makes a special line-up of *Problem Solver Parts*, which are designed specifically for areas of known weaknesses with various vehicle manufacturers. 2008 - 2012 Upper Ball Joints are at the top of that list. I have decided to pay out-of-pocket for the Moog Problem Solver Parts and Pay a locally accredited independent Front-End-Suspension Specialty Shop to do the install and realignment. I should not have to do this, but my piece of mind and reduced aggravation is worth it. Good luck my friend.
  • sahondabuyersahondabuyer Member Posts: 11
    If I were you, I would escalate your issue all the way to Takanbu Ito the Honda CEO in Japan. I saw and email for him that may work tito@honda.com. I would copy the owner or GM of your local dealer. Tell them you plan to notify the local media and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as you feel this is a safety issue. You have to get to someone with ability to make something happen. Write your email to Mr. Ito as a very disappointed customer with major concerns over your safety in the Honda vehicle. Just by copying your dealer you may get some action but you need to be sure you email the head person for your dealer... not your salesman. Good Luck!!
    I am having the same issues, the MFG will do nothing...as they keep saying it is a characteristic of the accords to shimmy/shake. what the? does that even mean? I have parked the car in driveway. I am getting an attorney, have filed with BBB and reported to the NHTSA.Sent a letter to the local media as well.
    On another note, upon gathering up all the info to send to attorney...I noticed the vin# on vehicle dosen't even match the contract I signed! Hmmmm...I wonder if that's a problem! You would think dealer would be more supportive and not want all this going on. The shimmy in my car is worse, now it even does it in park! oh, and it is pulling to the right!
  • srae1001srae1001 Member Posts: 3
    I am having the same problem as many others with my 2012 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan. My car shakes and shimmys from 50-70 mph. It was horrible when it was a cooler temp outside yesterday. I wrote my dealers service manager and the GM after the service lady was rude with me for calling back to complain that road force testing it did not solve the problem. She said she did not think there would be anything they could do. So after I emailed them they are taking my car today to look at it. They said they are aware of the complaint going around and they want to try all they can to resolve the issue. So we will see.

Reading all these posts make me think this will not be something they can correct. Next question is then what do I do? Has anyone been successful returning their Accord? I wonder also if it is not every single Accord doing this if I can just trade mine. This is such a pain to deal with. It is very disappointing to spend so much and be in the dealership over and over with a new car.
  • leontinkerleontinker Member Posts: 3
    I have contacted the NHTSA about the shimmy in my 2012 Honda Accord V-6. I have taken my car to the dealership where they have performed all of the services that all of you speak about that you have had performed. However, after contacting the NHTSA, I was told by them that they only have 3 complaints regarding this vehicle. I was also told that in order to initiate a recall they would need more complaints. There are 150 of you on this board with this problem. Please contact the NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236 if you have not done so.
    Thanks to the aid of my local Ford Dealership, I am longer the owner of this problematic vehicle. My sincere best wishes and support to all of you who continue to courageously fight this difficult battle.
    Hello,
    I was just wondering, how long it took for settlement? I am in process with attorneys and have filed suit. I have also filed with Better Business, NHTSA, and a local news channel. I hate driving this car! I do not feel safe at all!
    Hello,
    I have the same issues with my 2012 Accord. I have filed with the NHTSA, BBB and local news station. Recently seeking Lemon Law with an attorney. I am hopeful that Honda Mfg. takes the car back! I hate driving it. Avoid thw highway as much as posssible. The shaking is horrible! Dealer unable to fix. I have been told the same thing by MFG. I guess they are waiting for someone to get seriously injured or even killed before they do anything. It's a shame, that Honda is not standing by what they are selling.
    edited September 2012
    PLEASE ALL STAY ON THE DEALERSHIP AND MAKE SURE THEY FILE A COMPLAINT!! WE NEED MORE COMPLAINTS FOR A RECALL!!!

I went back to Honda and they kept my car for 5 days (gave me a rental). They balanced and replaced the tires to no benefit. They then test drove other cars, and after seeing that many other vehicles on the lot had the same issue they filed a complaint with corporate and put my original tires back on. I have my car back and they have have filed the complaint with Honda Corporate about a few other cars that came in after mine in those 5 days as well. They told me they do not think it will take long for a recall. I hope this is true because I HATE driving this car. They have ensured me that they do not think it is a safety concern. I am mad but I guess if a recall does not come out soon I will seek to go after them using the lemon law. My sales lady went on and on about how I am covered under the lemon law when I showed up to return my rental and take my car back. My car shakes, vibrates shimmies whatever you want to call that that makes my teeth rattle on back roads and highways.

I took these comments from this site to my dealership when I took the car back the second time telling them what I have read and I am not playing around. My service receipt states that Honda Corp is investigating.
  • rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    Oh man, this thing is getting way out-of-hand IMHO. While I would like to see Honda do a recall on the Accords for all those owners suffering out there, there's not much sense in recalling something if there's no fix for the problem. AFAIK, Honda hasn't been able to fix any of the "vibrators" yet, so I'm at a loss as to what a recall would do. Thank God we dumped our vibrator last December. I wish all of you good luck in finding a resolution.
    I agree. My family and I are so relieved to be rid of our vibrator. No more frustration, no more wasted time, no more fruitless efforts and no more safety concerns or fears.
  • wwebster9wwebster9 Member Posts: 1
    Warren Webster, Miami, FL
    Hey Everyone,
    I've been looking for answer to the same issue everyone is having. At first I thought it was a tire balancing issue and had Pep Boys re-balance as well as re-align the car countless times. Then Pep Boys thought it might be the axles. I took it to my mechanic who told me there was nothing wrong with the axles and advised me to take it to Honda. Honda looked at it and said there were some stuff that needed to be tightened, but that they dont see anything wrong. A clinet of mine that is a wheel and tir placed was able to help me find this forum. This is so frustrating, especially since I use my car for work to meet with clients. I would like any help that you guys could give me.
    edited October 2012
    Please make sure you post your complaint to the NHTSA website. I took mine to Honda and they have filed a complaint with Corporate and they keep calling to update me. They called yesterday from the dealership saying Honda is close to coming up with a solution. They are waiting on Honda Corp to come up with a recall or solution.

Initially I took them these posts and complaints telling them that everyone has had tires balanced and even replaced but the problem was not corrected. Once they experienced the same thing and gave me a rental for a week they realized it could not be fixed and filed it with Corporate. They then told me that a few other people came in with the same problem and they found some in the lot that did the same. If nothing happens I guess I will have to go after the lemon law protection but for now at least they are admitting its a problem. Don't give up. I see many people saying that when they go to the dealer they are being told it is simply a characteristic of Honda cars. Not true! I am glad my dealership is being nice.