Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X6

Comments

• bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Ok. I'm deciding between the V8 and a used Cayenne turbo S (2006). They will price out within 5% of each other. I need advice. Which would be better overall value?

First of all if you want new there is a newer Cayenne turbo S 2009 coming in august. price will be high,So the new GTS or the Turbo is an alternate

I say don't get an old car whatever you decide get something new.
  • anon3anon3 Member Posts: 147
    I've been following X6 development closely for over a year. I saw the first one last August on the BMW center test track in Spartanburg, SC. Recently, I test drove the 3.5. My sales person let me take it out for a few hours one afternoon (instead of the usual 10 minute test drive. Buying 10 BMWs from the same sales person tends to put you at the top of their list.)

I have always been a fan of the X5 and I like the X6 even better, especially after seeing it up close and in person. The photos make it appear smaller than an X5, but in person it is NOT a small vehicle. While I loved the exterior in person, it has a downside. The cargo floor and rear hatch are higher than the X5's, which you would not expect from the photos of the sloped rear roof. The combination of sloped roof and higher cargo floor produce a very small and dark rear window that greatly reduces visibility from the rear-view mirror. The demo vehicles all had light colored interior and I expect that a black interior will create a very dark and cavern-like cabin, so I will steer clear of my usual black leather interior choice.

Handling was excellent for a vehicle of this size and weight and I think it handles noticeably better than the new X5. The published performance numbers for the X6 six cylinder are 0 - 60 in 6.5 seconds, essentially the same as the V-8 4.8i X5. Performance felt very adequate and it was all too easy to hit 90 mph. I will wait to order the turbo V-8, but I could easily live with the X6 3.5.

There literally was a crowd of people surrounding the X6 in the show room. Judging by their comments, the X6 will attract a lot of attention if not buyers. I'm still not sure who the X6's target market is, but it was a hit with the show room crowd that seemed to be mostly 20 and 30-something professionals.

Since you can buy a well equipped X6 for the same price as a 535xi wagon or an X5 3.0, I suspect it will sell pretty well at that price point to people who want to drive something different, but don't want to give up the convenience of an SUV and who don't have a large family to haul. Just how big that particular market is remains to be seen.
  • corlt1corlt1 Member Posts: 29
    When I saw the pictures, it looked small. Yesterday, I saw the real thing and it looked massive and sporty at the same time. Drivers were trying to manuever through traffic to get close to it. For the remainder of my commute home, I was wondering, "What was the point?" Today, I looked at all the X6 videos on youtube and realize, that this vehicle has an emotional appeal that interests me. I'm just wondering what the resale value would be on a what's the point vehicle.
    So, you GIVE UP utility and GIVE UP handling and gas mileage

I could agree with utility and gas mileage but its consider to be 1 of the best handing SAC.
  • johna4johna4 Member Posts: 1
    I have been following the X6 for the last several months.
    My local dealership in NJ had 3 that just came off the truck.
    The service guy parking them said all were sold. There were 2 black and 1 with a greenish Hue.(I believe the color is called Tasman metallic) The color was gorgeous.

The car looks incredible in person. I love it. Aggressive and bold styling.
    When the service guy was moving the X6 it had an amazing engine sound.
    I have 15 months left on my Range Rover Sport lease. I think I will get out of the lease a few months early to get into the X6.

I haven't been this excited about a car in a long time.

Good luck to all
  • carnut86carnut86 Member Posts: 16
    I have to agree with you johna4, the car looks incredible in person. I stoped pass my local dealer to check out the ne m3 convert, and they had one X6 on the lot fully loaded in black. I was blown away. when I looked at the pics in the C&D, R&D etc I thought it was a waste of metal. but when you see it in person it hits you like a ton of bricks. Good job BMW!
  • burgh210burgh210 Member Posts: 1
    I have only seen the X6 in red and light green. I am in the process of ordering one in Black.
    but when you see it in person it hits you like a ton of bricks

It sure does.

have only seen the X6 in red and light green. I am in the process of ordering one in Black.

I have seen red black and silver .

Some guy in my area already got 1 in silver whenever I see it go pass by my home It looks amazing :surprise: :surprise:
    link title

Also a very nice test drives">link title

link title

link title
    The car looks incredible in person. I love it. Aggressive and bold styling.
    When the service guy was moving the X6 it had an amazing engine sound.
    I have 15 months left on my Range Rover Sport lease. I think I will get out of the lease a few months early to get into the X6.

I haven't been this excited about a car in a long time

I guess that means a RR sport owner is about me to jump into a bmw.

Range Rover better bring in their new SUV replacement before they start loosing more customers

So will you be getting the inline 6 or the v8
    Recently, I test drove the 3.5. My sales person let me take it out for a few hours one afternoon (instead of the usual 10 minute test drive. Buying 10 BMWs from the same sales person tends to put you at the top of their list.)

Hour test drives sound like good. Well buying 10 car from the same dealer and from the same sales guy will definitely put any1 at the top.

Have always been a fan of the X5 and I like the X6 even better,

Same here or but I have always liked the cayennes as well

especially after seeing it up close and in person. The photos make it appear smaller than an X5, but in person it is NOT a small vehicle

I had the same feeling when I saw it the first time in silver as well its very unique and looks very much like a future concept car.

While I loved the exterior in person, it has a downside. The cargo floor and rear hatch are higher than the X5's, which you would not expect from the photos of the sloped rear roof. The combination of sloped roof and higher cargo floor produce a very small and dark rear window that greatly reduces visibility from the rear-view mirror. The demo vehicles all had light colored interior and I expect that a black interior will create a very dark and cavern-like cabin, so I will steer clear of my usual black leather interior choice

Every1 buying the x6 will have to compromise with things like small rear window and visibility thats the price you have to pay when you want the exterior to look different.

Handling was excellent for a vehicle of this size and weight and I think it handles noticeably better than the new X5. The published performance numbers for the X6 six cylinder are 0 - 60 in 6.5 seconds, essentially the same as the V-8 4.8i X5. Performance felt very adequate and it was all too easy to hit 90 mph. I will wait to order the turbo V-8, but I could easily live with the X6 3.5.

So the handling is much better than the x5 have you ever driven the cayenne which I have heard that handling is better than the x5?

When driving did you feel that those figures were correct for the x6 inline 6. 0 to 60 in 6.5?

If its so easy to hit 90 mph and you could easily live with the x6 inline 6 then why did you go for the turbo V8? Perhaps you want more speed?

Did the dealer give you any reason why the v8 has been delayed?

Repeating last year’s victory, the 3.0L straight 6-cylinder twin-turbo engine was once again awarded the prestigious award for 2008.

Does this make the inline 6 the better choice?

thanks
  • corlt1corlt1 Member Posts: 29
    I rented an Infiniti FX35 and loved the handling and ride, but wanted more room in the cargo area. The X6 appears to be marketed against the FX and has about the same dimensions. The FX50 is out with 390 hp, but the only noticable changes are the front end and the interior, which is somewhat disappointing as the FX design is getting old. That said, the X6's design is fresh and appears to be targeted towards the empty nest market that wants handling and speed, with the occasional cargo capacity and back seat.
    So the handling is much better than the x5 have you ever driven the cayenne which I have heard that handling is better than the x5?

I have test driven the Cayenne. It felt more isolated from the road and the interior felt cramped. I'm also not willing to test the widespread rumors of the Cayenne's un-reliability. I've had 5 X5s and never had any trouble with them, so I'll stick with a known partner.

When driving did you feel that those figures were correct for the x6 inline 6. 0 to 60 in 6.5?

Unfortunately, the test drive did not include a visit to a test track. It felt "quick enough", but as you would expect, you have to push a heavier vehicle harder and run it at higher RPM to get top performance... much more so than in the lighter, smaller 3 or 5 series with the same engine.

If its so easy to hit 90 mph and you could easily live with the x6 inline 6 then why did you go for the turbo V8? Perhaps you want more speed?

The turbo six delivers "adequate" performance, but not everyone is satisfied with "adequate". More power will transform this vehicle from good to great. No longer a sheep in wolf's clothing. My other BMW for weekend and track driving is a 2006 M6, and I've found it to be hard to switch to a six cylinder during the week. And I've never liked to feel like I "compromised" by choosing the less expensive and more practical engine. I want to look forward to getting behind the wheel with maximum "fun" factor of driving.

Repeating last year’s victory, the 3.0L straight 6-cylinder twin-turbo engine was once again awarded the prestigious award for 2008. Does this make the inline 6 the better choice?

"Better" depends on your requirements. The turbo six is less expensive. It gets better gas mileage. It's cheaper to insure. You don't have to wait as long for it. It has been in production longer and has had no significant reliability problems while the Turbo 8 is still unknown. So the turbo 6 is definitely a very smart choice. But none of us has driven the turbo 8 in production mode, so who can say which is the better choice? Right now, we don't have a choice of engines in the X6. Personally, I'm more interested in seeing what BMW does with the hybrid X6.
    I agree. The closest competitor to the X6 is the new FX. But I would say that Infiniti markets against BMW, not the other way around, since BMW has been the benchmark for so long.

It's interesting that the FX50's normally aspirate engine with 390hp and 369 lb ft of torque has published 0 - 60 numbers that are equal to or better than the X6 turbo 8 with 400 hp and 450 lb ft of torque (depending on who did the test.) I'll have to research it, but maybe the FX is lighter. Maybe these are just preliminary numbers and the actual performance of the turbo 8 will be better. BMW traditionally is conservative on its published performance numbers by about .3 seconds because they publish average numbers and not the best possible numbers.

In any case, it doesn't appear that the turbo 8 X6 will have a significant performance advantage over the FX50. And with Infiniti matching or beating BMW handling in other models (like the M45), it may be a little hard to justify the extra $10k for a comparably equipped 8 cyl. X6.
    Is it true that the V8 version release has been delayed several months??? Are they having problems with this model already? I'm half interested in the V8 model, but I'm beginning to think this would be a bad move.

The Turbo 8 will be released with the 2009 model year X6 vehicles. This was planned. The engine is not delayed because it is "having problems" according to people I know at the BMW center in Spartanburg. It is true that the Turbo 8 will be a new engine and it will appear in the X6 and the new 7 series first, as has been reported many times over the past few months.
  • crh47crh47 Member Posts: 20
    Anybody else notice that the new X6 looks exactly like the 2003 Dodge Avenger concept?? Take the crosshairs off the front and screw the twin kidneys and you have yourself a BMW.
    link title

Video motor trend
  • pakman4pakman4 Member Posts: 3
    I just got my X6 last weekend wanted to post my initial impressions. I was driving a 2004 545i sport package, so going to the X6 was a big jump. My initial impression so far is that I like the fit and finish of the interior and the exterior is great. While it's not quite as fast as my 545, it has plenty of power to move this somewhat heavy vechicle. The two shortcomings that I have noticed so far are no handle above the drivers and passengar doors, the nav screen is very hard to read in daylight with sun glasses on.
    I did post you a reply before but wont be asking you anything cause i am pretty sure I wont get a reply..

Anyway congrats.
  • tomahawk07tomahawk07 Member Posts: 1
    Can you share with us your gas milage experience? Test drove a 35i today and the sales agent said to exspect 18 to 23 (in spite of the Sticker which read 15/20)
  • sixfivesixfive Member Posts: 45
    And a better car according to Motor and Truck Trend. Not sure i'd want to be seen in a BMW that bad. I like the idea of this truck after owning a 5000 pound well handling german SUV. and I like BMW's execution but - really - this is for the same people who buy a porchse cayenne for not other reason than to be seen and have no idea what BMW or Porcsche puts into thier cars. My family includes these types - they buy cars that cost more and offer relatively less. Porsche and BMW love my family. i can't understand them :confuse:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    LAURENS, South Carolina — BMW's new X6 may not be the most useful "packaging" job on the road, but word's getting around quickly about insane handling of BMW's gnarly crossover "coupe:" The 5,000-pound X6 can practically outcorner a 911, and Inside Line's own testing shows the blunderbuss slithers through the slalom quicker than BMW's 550i sedan

Is this the x6 inline 6 or the v8 which can outcornet a 911 and quicker than a 550i through the slalom?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Dunno - maybe ask Bob over in Straightline?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a large finance magazine is looking to speak to consumers who just purchased a new BMW X6. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than June 23, 2008.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    The target market for the X6 obviously has utility well down the list of priorities. And in person, the X6 is quite striking. But since it is designed to only hold 4 people, instead of having it bigger and heavier than the X5, if they had made it 2 inches narrower and shorter, and 200 - 300 lbs lighter, than the X5, then they might have hit a niche. Then, the 300hp twin turbo could do some damage, and the vehicle would be that much more nimble. Right now, I look at the bulk of the thing, the 4-person capacity and smallish cargo area, and wonder why, pray tell, do they think they need to make it that big? Is there some sort of pissing contest to see who can make the biggest, baddest-looking SUV, or SAV?
  • puaropuaro Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am Anjelica.Where do you come from in Russia? I have known a man named "muchkus". Please let me know.Bye
    There's more to the X6 than just the looks. To quote the August '08 Short Take in Car and Driver on the X6 5.0 Xdrive: "This baby also laps the Nurburgring within a couple seconds of the previous-gen (E46) M3." They also said "... we expect it to hang with a 335i to a mid-13-second quarter mile."

The X6 isn't just about looks and styling. Dismissing it as a vehicle that people buy when they just want to be seen in the vehicle and not actually drive the vehicle is an over simplification that appeals to people who don't want to think very much.
  • muchkusmuchkus Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Anjelica! I'm reaaaal. I live in Moscow now. Are you the girl who were the 2-nd captain? You like the X6? I'm buying that one, the 4.4 Twin Turbo, used to call Xdrive50
  • puaropuaro Member Posts: 3
    Privet!
    Ty deystwitelno iz Kazani ili ya oshibyus? Tebya zwali Ruslan i ty gil naprotiw Hudogestwennogo muzeya? U tebya byla tak ge dacha na Kordone. Esli wse eto deystwitelno k tebe podhodit, to ya ochen rada, chto tebya nashla. U nas teper X5 4.4 - dlya znatokow. Ya giwu w Awstrii. Day mne znat, esli ty deystwitelno TY.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    The X6 is a niche vehicle, and it won't appeal to everybody. I doubt BMW is planning on making this a vehicle a volume selling priority.

When this vehicle was planned 3 years ago, premium gas wasn't nearly $5 a gallon in the US.

Even if you have the money, the X6 will have limited appeal in the future. The people that really want one and think it's cool will keep it viable for the 1st 6 month to a year. But after that, you have to keep customers coming when the "newness" factor wears off on a vehicle. You've gotta turn fringe shoppers into buyers for long term success.

People still spend money on things that don't make sense. Land Rover has done quite well with the Sport. A very expensive 65k vehicle that's the size of a Ford Escape on the inside, and guzzles gas at an alarming rate.

I'm sure the X6 will thrive for a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if this vehicle doesn't make it 5 or 6 years down the road. Especially if fuel prices are $6-7 gallon in the US 2 years from now.

BMW financial posted a 300 million dollar loss this year with high residual leases coming back to bite them. They can't afford to subsidize cars like they did in the past with crazy high residuals to keep payments ridiculously low for US customers.
  • sixfivesixfive Member Posts: 45
    by an Infiniti FX that costs $10-$15 grand less and weighs 600-700 #'s less. I'm sure they can stuff a turbo 6 into anything and make it faster than an old m3. I'm sure it drives well for what it is - as I said it's a BMW and it means something.

The question is why is bMW doing this? Why does the company who thrives on cutting excess weight and putting nimble machines on the road and that lives by a reputation and impeccible brand image building a tank? It looks cool now but like many bangled cars, will have an accelerated life cycle and look dowdy before long. It makes no sense in todays oil price environment. But it will still sell to folks who know nothing about BMWness and want to show up in a BMW. (note generalization taking place- Of course somewhere a true lover of fine auto's will get suckered)

"Dismissing it as a vehicle that people buy when they just want to be seen in the vehicle and not actually drive the vehicle is an over simplification that appeals to people who don't want to think very much. "

I dismiss it because it's a pig. I could care less how it drives if it's 800 pounds of extra weight to carry nothing. At least the toaureg/cayenne could off road and hold some stuff to justify it's 5000 pound mass. So while I was lazing my mind into simple concluisions about a car I never will be in the market for nor find having any appeal, I also noticed the fakes in my family loving how big the grill was. While BMW owners are not all like my relatives, I can't see the real enthusiast driver or BMW enthusiast buying a iron pig. But maybe I'm too optimistic.

I dismiss the Porcshe v-6 Cayenne as well becasue it's ridiculous to pay 25k more for a car that you can get with a people's car badge with the same motor and underpinnings. At least that family member admits thier mistake and after driving our new Murano, unfortunately they feel awful about their 35 months of remaining 800 dollar payments. I would be bummed too. Our VW was way more comfy and luxurious. I guess my perspective would indicate a preference toward value. My predisposition comes from my profession.

I cracked up when my sister in law's 5 series was in her driveway for 3 years and she never tried the nav or the i-drive. Too scary she said. She wanted to get the payment to a huge number so she could tell everyone what it was and we could be impressed. She's perfect for the x drive and her lease is up..I can see where this is going...
  • lovemyclklovemyclk Member Posts: 351
    "Privet!
    Ty deystwitelno iz Kazani ili ya oshibyus? Tebya zwali Ruslan i ty gil naprotiw Hudogestwennogo muzeya? U tebya byla tak ge dacha na Kordone. Esli wse eto deystwitelno k tebe podhodit, to ya ochen rada, chto tebya nashla. U nas teper X5 4.4 - dlya znatokow. Ya giwu w Awstrii. Day mne znat, esli ty deystwitelno TY
    ."

:confuse: ;)
    First of all thank you for all the replys.

Unfortunately, the test drive did not include a visit to a test track. It felt "quick enough", but as you would expect, you have to push a heavier vehicle harder and run it at higher RPM to get top performance... much more so than in the lighter, smaller 3 or 5 series with the same engine.

Did you feel it was quicker than the x5 4.8 v8?

Got your v8 delivery yet?

What color did you choose?

Active steering?

I've read many negative posts about bmws and the especially the x5.

You are the only 1 who has driven so many bmws with all positive feed backs.
    Is there some sort of pissing contest to see who can make the biggest, baddest-looking SUV, or SAV?

LOL its possible. porsche will be next within 2 years to show its next gen cayenne.
  • bhwbhw Member Posts: 1
    I think Hellwig should re-read his own article. How does the X6 get by on looks alone?

He even says, "'On the skid pad, the X6 generates a 0.87g...a better number than three out of the four V8 Sport Sedans we compared last month.' 'The X6 is equally fast through the slalom, posting a best run of 65.3 mph...plenty of grip combined with a well-sorted suspension and responsive steering allows the X6 to transition quickly and push right to the limit.' 'Stopping power is another area where the X6 manages its weight well...There are sports cars that take 10 feet longer to accomplish the same feat.'"

It's almost as if he forget which car he tested.

The X6 creates a new standard and raises the bar for SUV expectations.
    Couldn't agree more

The X6 is a beauty, Well not to everyone, Some people will always say its heavy can't compare to a sedan ugly will be a flop useless etc etc...

As for me I would always choose the X6 rather than a large or sports sedan.

X6 is unique unbelievable car like handling only cayenne has similar abilities.

The only doubt I have bmws don't have such good reliability or electronics history.

Those turbo lags in the engine :blush:
    To anon3

Hey,

I am still waiting for your reply of my previous message.

Since your the only 1 here whos getting the v8 and already test the v6 would really like to hear your experience.

I am assuming you already got your v8 but no feed back yet.

I also remember some1 else in the x6 forum buying the x6 but after posting he bought the x6 v6 never replied again...
    Iwant to share my first ever BMW driving experience.

I test drove the x6 inline6

I can't explain how satisfy I was. The handing was amazing as well as the acceleration. The interior was great like every BMW. I can't describe in words how special I felt while driving

the car was fully equipped with all the options including active steering and 20 inch wheels.

I don't know why would some1 choose the v8 the inline 6 was more than fast enough for me 0 to 60 came in less than 6.4sec it felt even faster
    I am still waiting for a reply :cry:

Where is everyone?

Have you forgotten to post about your x6 experience (anon3) :blush:

I've heard there are problems in the inline 6 turbo?

Any1 know anything :confuse:
  • quattroporte12quattroporte12 Member Posts: 178
    bmlexus ill reply lol
    I drove the x6 3.5 a while back just for fun, back when i still had my 04 x5 4.4i (it got totaled, sadly) (sport pkg on the x5, the x6 didnt have the sport pkg). I think that the x6 was MORE than adequete on power (i think it def felt faster than my x5, not as much low end torque but the peppier, sportier of the 2). In terms of handling (didnt want to really push it with the guy right there) the x6 was definatley more light on its feet even without the sport package, but thats also because of the steering im sure (anyone thats ever driven an e53 x5 should know the steering is HEAVY, and i mean heavy. Makes it feel really solid though and it has great feedback). Personally, the x6 is one of my dream cars. Ive loved it since the spy photos, and the drive felt nothing like an suv (my x5 drove GREAT, handled like none other (seriousley, it gripped like crazy, and had practicly no body roll) but it felt like an suv because you had great visibility, where as the x6 was almost like a sports car, i forgot i was in any type of SUV/SAV/SAC vehicle at all).
    In terms of engine reliability, my dad has a 335xi coupe, hes had to get the fuel pump replaced once, which is apparently a common problem, but thats about all ive heard. Those engines are great, i have the I6 in my e90 330 and love it, theyve been making it for over 30 years, theres a reason.
    If you get an x6 please put up pics and please get the sport package, those wheels are amazing and...its a bmw...sport is the main selling point, you want the car to drive as well as possible
    Hi,

Sorry to hear about your x5. How did it happen?

I didn't get you, are you saying that the x6 steering is heavy or the x5 steering?

Well, I've driven the x6 iniline6 once, after testing the car, the sales guy tells me not to buy the car: sick: confuse:

Ever heard of a thing like that?

He said the turbos won't last long, when I asked him, how long will it last, he said about a year or 2?!!!

He advice me to get the x5 instead.

I mean come on, a toyota corolla lasts more than 5 maybe 10 years, but a bmw that costs triple the price will last a year or 2?

This was the first bmw I ever drove, it drove like a dream, but after what the sales guy said, it was a let down.

If I was in a position to not care about reliability, then the x6 would’ve have been in my garage now.

I myself loved the x6 since the spy shots,
  • quattroporte12quattroporte12 Member Posts: 178
    DONT.
    LISTEN.
    TO.
    THE.
    SALESMAN.
    honestly...more than half of the salesmen out there are hired because they have good people skills and know how to sell a product (not to descredit the ones that actually do know what theyre talking about). Trust me, i know a lot about a lot of cars and almost always have to correct my salesman when im out looking at one. The X6 will last JUST as long as the x5 which is MUCH more than 2 years. That salesman probably could make more money by selling you the x5 or something like that. The engine in the x6 is the same as the one in the 335, a car which has had great reliability since its release. While german cars generally arent quite as reliable as japanese cars, if you take care of a bmw it will EASILY last to 120,000 miles, easily. My family has owned them for over 20 years and my dad has keept each model for 8-10 years. Like any other car it will require maintinence, but bmws are greatly engineered cars they ARE NOT going to fall apart 2 years after you buy them. If i were you i would go to a second dealership and hope to get a salesman that knows what he is talking about. (AND the fact that he says the turbos wont last long?? then how come bmw is putting them in their x5s in 6 months and has already put them in their new diesel engines (335 and x5 35d) and in the 1 3 5 and 7. what he is saying makes NO sense) And to answer your other questions i think that the x6's steering is a little lighter than the old x5s (my x5 had REALLY heavy steering but it felt good) so that probably made it feel a little lighter on its feet, but it didnt make the x6 feel sloppy in any way it still felt very connected. PLEASE get an x6, it really makes me angry when salesmen discredit a brand or model that they know nothing about, i dont understand how he could think that the x5 could have SUCH better reliability than the x6 when they are made in the same factory and share so many parts. They will be comparable in reliability. Trust me. Please get the x6 that is such an amazing car
  • gardisgardis Member Posts: 185
    I'm amazed that you guys think the X6 is larger than the X5?? I've seen them at my dealer in Fairfield County CT, and that car looks bigger than the X3, but slightly smaller than the X5. How could it possibly weight 5,000 PDS???

Anyone that can afford an $80,000 car -- more power to you guys. It's the epitome of only one thing: ostentation. Period. Simple as that, and I'm a devoted BMW owner. People look at someone driving that vehicle, and say, how much money does he make, in a way they don't comment on the 5 series, or really any other BMW model. My two cents.
    Gardis CT
  • gardisgardis Member Posts: 185
    I'm amazed that you guys think the X6 is larger than the X5?? I've seen them at my dealer in Fairfield County CT, and that car looks bigger than the X3, but slightly smaller than the X5. How could it possibly weight 5,000 PDS???

Anyone that can afford an $80,000 car -- more power to you guys. It's the epitome of only one thing: ostentation. Period. Simple as that, and I'm a devoted BMW owner. People look at someone driving that vehicle, and say, how much money does he make, in a way they don't comment on the 5 series, or really any other BMW model. My two cents.
    Gardis CT
  • achonkoachonko Member Posts: 51
    Gardis,

Is the Porsche Cayenne GTS an epitome of ostentatiousness, or the Range Rover Sports or HSE?
    These vehicles cost an average of $10k more than the X6.
    "It's the epitome of only one thing: ostentation. Period. Simple as that, and I'm a devoted BMW owner. People look at someone driving that vehicle, and say, how much money does he make, in a way they don't comment on the 5 series, or really any other BMW model."

People look at an X6 and say how much money does he make. Really? Which people? How many people have you witnessed asking that question? Has anyone ever rolled down their window at a stop light and asked you how much money you make because you drive a BMW? Do you think this happens more often for an X6 than for a 750iL or an M5? Really? Maybe you get asked that question if you drive an X6 through the hood.

If you really are a devoted BMW driver, then you know that driving a BMW is more about how you feel when you're behind the wheel than how you look. It's about looking forward to getting into the driver's seat and being part of a driving experience. So some people look forward to getting into a BMW that is roomy, quiet, comfortable, and has signature BMW handling. That's the X6.
  • xsnergxsnerg Member Posts: 4
    I've had the X6 for nearly a year, and while I generally love it, I've been having a recurring problem that the dealer hasn't been able to figure out.

When I first start the car in the morning (between 5 and 6 am -- this may be important), my navigation screen will be blank. Even if I turn the car off and on again, several times, the screen won't appear until after I've driven, parked for a while, then return to drive, again. However if I turn on the car at around 7 or later, the screen will start up normally, which is why I wonder if this might be temperature related. Now, it's not exactly cold here in San Diego, but early morning temps can be pretty low :confuse: . BMW dealer hasn't been able to figure it out; it's with them for the second time for this problem right now, over one week each time.

I'm searching here for a solution because we had a problem with a Prius that also only occurred first thing early in the morning. Toyota couldn't figure it out, either. I learned from a Forum that people on the east coast had had similar problems and the culprit was the water pump. I asked Toyota to check that, and they told me that both water pumps were on the verge of failing and that the car wasn't safe to drive until they were replaced.

So, any similar problems, or ideas?