Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Upholstery problem

vigevenovigeveno Member Posts: 5
edited April 2014 in Toyota
I have a 2008 base RAV4 I purchased in October 2007. This past January, I noticed the front door panels and portions of the seats were starting to pill and fuzz. The car had 5500 miles on it at the time. We had purchased it as our fun travel buggy, so it really doesn't get everyday use. It now has about 10,000 miles on it and more portions of the seats are pilling and fuzzing. My dealer and Toyota are aware of the problem, but that's a whole other discussion. I sew, so I do realize that I might notice unusual fabric wear before others might. I've taken the RAV to a local car upholsterer, and he tells me that the fabric really shouldn't be doing what it is doing. What I would like to know is has anyone else experienced this problem?

Comments

• carperson1carperson1 Member Posts: 3
    I have another type of problem with my upholstery. I have a 2006 Rav4 and it stains very very easily. I spilled water on the front seat once and still can't get the marks out. Have had 3 other maintenance issues with this model--and have experienced poor customer service--so don't recommend it.
  • pax4pax4 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Carperson1, Try Peroxide solution its great for removing stains such as wine,blood and will do no damage.
This discussion has been closed.