Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• catscanmancatscanman Member Posts: 1
    I am ready to turn in my Jetta and want to lease a Tiguan S 2011(do not need all the bells and whistles on the SE). Most important is AWD and the blue tooth for hands free. I got one quote for 342.00/month with 2200.00 down(15,000 miles/year). I also have 2 payments left and want to know:

1-Is this a reasonable payment on the the new lease for a Tiguan S (3 years-15,000/year).
    2- Should I wait and make the 2 final payments or try to let VW pick them up and make sure they do not try to weasle them in to my new 3 year lease payment.
  • austinariesaustinaries Member Posts: 2
    Hi car_man,

I would be grateful if you could let me know the February money factor and residual value of both the 2011 Tiguan SE AWD and the SE AWD w/ Sunroof and Navi assuming a 36 month lease term and a 20K/yr mileage allowance for both options.

Thanks!
  • wagon08wagon08 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    Hello - Sorry

MSRP = 29,075 and the negotiated price is 27,500 on the Tiguan Se

Also curious as to what they will do with my 2008 Beetle Conv. Do they buy that from VW at a discount and put it on their lot , considering there is no 2011 model and this car is in mint condition and 14k under mileage. My buy on that car would be approx 16k but curious if the dealer buys it cheaper

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited March 2011
    Hi austinaries. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual values for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00016 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you need to drive more than 15,000 miles per year, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease-signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty, $0.15 versus $0.25.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $250 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of this truck through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks for the additional information, wagon08. The Tiguan has surprisingly small margins. There's probably a $1,200 or so spread between this truck's MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add the $250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it to that and there's less than $1,500 to play with in your negotiations. That's right around the discount that you were quoted, so you're probably getting this truck for right around invoice...which is an excellent price.

The dealer that you turn your Beetle in to certainly will have the opportunity to buy it and put it on its lot, but I don't know what its purchase price would be.

Car_man
    Host
  • redbreastredbreast Member Posts: 1
    CarMan,

I am at the end of my lease on my Passat, and am interested in a Tiguan S lease. Can you tell me the money factor and residual rate for March?
  • drshrink317drshrink317 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I am trying to evaluate the following quote I received in Virginia Beach, VA.

MSRP: $35,110 SELLING PRICE: $33,245
    INVOICE: $32,918 + $820 (destination fee) = $33,738
    RESIDUAL VALUE: 42% ($14,735.70)
    MF: 0.00271 (for tier A credit) TERMS: 48 months MILES: 10,000/yr.
    MONTHLY PAYMENT: $564

From what I’m seeing on this forum, the MF rate appears to be high & the Residual seems too low. Does this seem like a good deal? What are the numbers for a 36 month/10,000 miles lease?

Thank you for your assistance.
  • lenbraunlenbraun Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in leasing a 2011 Volkswagon Tiguan SE 4-motion (all wheel drive) with Sunroof and navigation package. I would like to know the MF and residual value of the car for March, and what would be a good monthly lease payment for a 36-month lease, 10,000 miles per year, no money down, or up to $2,000 down.

Thank you.
    Hello redbreast. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan S with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2011
    Hey drshrink317. The money factor that you were quoted is definitely high. VW Credit's March buy rate lease money for a 48 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SEL is only .00146.

The selling price that you were quoted looks good, it's around $500 over invoice once the cash incentives are taken into account, but see if you can get the dealer to use the buy rate to calculate your payment.

The numbers for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SEL with 10,000 miles per year are .00028 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi enbraun. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion with sunroof, navigation, and 10,000 miles per year are .00009 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • fiddellfiddell Member Posts: 9
    How much could I expect to lease one with SEL 4Motion with nav? Nothing down, 36 months and 12,000 miles? Assuming it's based on a decent price.
  • deal_finderdeal_finder Member Posts: 3
    Car Man What is Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion with sunroof, navigation, and 15,000 miles per year, respectively.

And what credit score is considered top tier?
  • jdiz3jdiz3 Member Posts: 21
    Hi Carman,

do you know the april numbers on an se w/ awd & nav. 36/15k? thanks.
  • ssedhassedha Member Posts: 4
    Been negotiating with a couple dealers for the Tiguan SE.

Option 1: Tiguan SE
    MSRP: $29,270
    Price offered by dealer: $27,000
    Monthly Payment: $380 with just first month + title fees down
    Term: 12k / 36 months

Option 2: Tiguan SE with Sunroof & Navi
    MSRP: $31,480
    Price offered by dealer: $28,085
    Monthly Payment: $390 with just first month + title etc. fees down
    Term: 15k / 36 months

What do you guys think? Any more room for negotiations???
    Here you go jdiz3. Through May 2nd Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00016 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days and I'll gladly provide you with an update on the new May numbers.

Car_man
    Host
  • zyaaaaazyaaaaa Member Posts: 36
    I've been reading here for a few days - lots of good info so far. I'm working on getting my wife out of the Xterra and into a Tiguan. I think she'd be good with the SE with the moonroof/nav package, probably 3 year / 36k lease (in Florida).

Any observations on the best time of the year to lease? No money down would be best, but any information is appreciated. Also, any ideas on fico range required to qualify for their advertised lease specials? Thanks!
  • greenhousegreenhouse Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man. Any May numbers available yet?

I have a lease offer for a 4motion SE (no navi/sunroof)
    MSRP 31,255.
    Dealer price $27,200
    $1300.00 down includes 1st payment
    $350.04 per month
    12K/36 months

I think it's a good deal, but I'd appreciate your feedback.
  • greenhousegreenhouse Member Posts: 2
    Anyone???
  • plutspluts Member Posts: 2
    I'm interested in leasing a Tiguan for 36 months. Do you have the money factor for May? I'm ready to move on it ASAP so would appreciate info. Thanks!
  • plutspluts Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man... just checking to see if you have the new May #'s?? Are they the same as above? .00016 and 50% on the Tiguan AWD with 15k per year?
    Hi greenhouse. The vehicle that you are interested in only has a spread of around $1,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a whopping $4,000 discount on it. Are you in the Northeastern U.S.? I ask because Volkswagen is providing extra cash incentives on this truck there. The dealer must be using something to give you such an awesome selling price.

Just make sure that they use VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor of .00013 (for a 36-month lease of a Tiguan SE 4Motion) to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello pluts. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan S 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • vw_leasevw_lease Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    hi all... i'm looking to lease a tiguan se front wheel drive w/ sunroof and nav. i have average credit so what's a reasonable monthly payment for 36 mo./ 12K miles per year? i like the idea of dealing with all vw dealers in my area thru email... what info should i ask for in my initial email to them? should i give them my social security # so they can run a credit check?

thanks!!
  • walksalotwalksalot Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Car_man!

Looking to buy or lease a 2011 Tiguan SE 4-Motion with sunroof and navigation . Was recently quoted $30,099 (including all dealer fees), 60m loan at 0%; zero down; OR 36 month lease with $0 down, payments of $455, INCLUDING all D.C. taxes, tags, and dealer fees.

Edmunds MSRP: $33,435
    Edmunds Invoice Price: $32,091

Are either of these a good deal?

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)
    Hi walksalot. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck is excellent. There's certainly nothing wrong with financing it at 0$ for 5 years. If you choose to go with the 36 month lease, make sure that the dealer uses VW Credit's buy rate of .00013 to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • mtobonmtobon Member Posts: 1
    Chapman VW Dealer in Tucson, AZ does not honor Lease Agreements after being signed by the lessee!
    I went to close a lease deal on Memorial Day, which I’d started working on a couple of days earlier while my car was in service. Even though the vehicle my wife and I wanted was not available at the dealer, they agreed on having it delivered, provided that we signed the lease agreement -which I did based on the terms we had already settled upon, including a trade-in. A couple of days later, I called the dealer to get an update on the new vehicle’s arrival date, and to my surprise, they replied that in order to have the vehicle delivered I would have to come up with a higher monthly payment due to the fact that VW Credit did not approve the lease as it was settled because of my credit score. To add to our frustration, we never heard directly from the manager who we were dealing with to give an explanation, when we had been assured that the deal went through and we did not have to worry about anything .
    Bottom line is that this dealer’s lack of respect and total neglect for customers is just outrageous. My wife and I have been VW drivers for many years, but this kind of treatment is a total insult to the people who the Volkswagen is supposed to advocate for, by branding itself as the “people’s car ”. So, I wonder what kind of people does actually VW advocate for? It’s VW’s dealership network full of unscrupulous sales people and dirty business tactics?
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    This completed at the Stratford CT dealer. Great no hassle deal, no other CT or Westchester Dealer could beat it or meet it.

2011 Tiguan SE with Roof and Navigation, AWD MSRP 32,900.00

10k miles / yr $407/mo for 36 months includes CT Tax, TOTAL OOP $700.

All weather mats set and liner included as well as some touch up sticks.
  • l0vemyvwl0vemyvw Member Posts: 3
    Hi! Did you work with a specific salesman? I'm looking for a Tiguan with that exact configuration and the rates I've been receiving haven't been enticing (at all).
  • tdibeartdibear Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_Man I just got an offer for a Tiguan SE FWD 12k/36 month for $369 a month including CA tax...I'm a tier C credit rating...This look good to you?? Thanks again for your advice throughout the forum!!! :D

MSRP-29K
    Gross Cap Cost-26942 including acquisition
    Owner Loyalty-1K & $2131 Down
    You're welcome, tdibear. The selling price that you were quoted looks good. It is right around, or possibly a little below dealer invoice minus the available $500 cash incentive.

VW Credit's "C" tier money factors are probably around .00080 or so higher than its "A" tier factors. So, you're probably looking at a factor of right around .00100 or so. Make sure that the dealer is using that factor and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • tdibeartdibear Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_Man...So i pulled the trigger based on your post. Rate was .00125 so I figured that was pretty close to your .001 rate...Again appreciate you helping out everyone so much!!

Final Deal=$26317 for the car...
    I put $2500 down & they added 1K for my owner loyalty bonus from golf tdi so total cap cost reduction was $3500...After taxes& licensing(500+), acquisition fee(625), security deposit(400), 1st months payment (369) etc it brought my true cap cost down to around $2033...
    Monthly payment $337+32CA sales tax=$369 a month!!!

Here's my last question and hopefully someone on forum has some experience with this. Most finance guys are a real piece of work, and mine was no exception :mad: . Making rude jokes (jokes he thought were funny) and comments about my pregnant fiancee' (whom i was buying car for & wasn't present b/c car was surprise) is besides the point, he tried selling me only one thing as I was very adamant about not purchasing any extras. An "excess wear & tear addendum" to the contract that 'allegedly' covers me for up to $5,000 if anything comes up at inspection during turn-in. Charged $750 for it. I knew I had 60 days to cancel after reading fine print on back & just wanted to get it then as I figured I could cancel if I found out it's not worth it. Anyone get reamed by VW during a turn-in or anyone's bill over $500 for wear-tear charges?? Or anyone had experience with this sort of coverage and wished they didn't get it? Thanks!!!
  • paulg68paulg68 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2011 Tiguan SE FWD through a local dealership in Phoenix. I negotiated a $1250 down lease with A-credit with $1,000 owner loyalty on a 36 month/36k for $344 per month including taxes. We did transfer the tags from my previous car (plate credit of $155) but other than that we are enjoying the car so far.

This is my first lease ever so I am a bit nervous about the mileage factor and the idea of having to deal with the return condition but as I am pretty fussy about my car's outward appearance I think it will turn out okay.
  • maxx20maxx20 Member Posts: 4
    Hi -
    Looking at a lease deal on a AWD Tiguan with nav and sunroof/leather.
    36 month lease 12k. 334/mo. w/0 down. or 275/mo with 2k down.
    or
    36 month lease 15k 355/mo ) down or 296/mo with 2k down

msrp is 33,435. Sale price 29,675. money factor 1.27, residual is $17,051.85.

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    36 month lease 15k 355/mo ) down

This is good... Do you still have drive-off costs?

That MSRP seems low for leather/sunroof, AWD and NAV...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

they say that is everythhing included. tax, tags, title, reg. fees, acquisition,no sec. deposit. Its the SE AWD with nav/sunroof,leather.

Says the resid. 17,051. is it worth paying for the 15K? my calculations is 25 cents a mile.
    3000 miles per year for 3 years = 9000 miles...

It's 250 miles per month extra... That's a lot less than $0.25 per mile.. More like $0.09/mile?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

oh, your right. I was est. 3000 total not 3000 per year. Thanks. Sounds worth it to me.

So the deal seems fair?
    Better than fair.. Historically, Tiguans haven't leased out that well... You've got one of the better deals that I've seen..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. You've helped a lot.
  • nickr1nickr1 Member Posts: 51
    Hi, I went to a dealer in Dutchess County NY to see a 2011 Tiguan but they had only one. The dealer said they rarely have the car, it's in short supply and sells immediately. Since I am very busy with work and took time out to go see the car this was a major disappointment all around. Is this just a lame dealer or are all VW dealers in NY in short supply of this car? I'm so tired of hearing the same old lines: we don't know the inventory coming, they tell us nothing, most deals we have to find the car first etc etc. I want to see colors, model types, I want to have some fun and gain some knowledge. What gives with this car, or is it just this dealer? Thanks.
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    That sounds ridiculous.

To get the lease price that I got I had to work with 5 dealers by email, never once set foot into the showroom and had all of them bidding without lame excuses.

Try Jim Curran in CT or Eric Goldstien in Stamford. The White Plains guys also worth a try. You do not need to go into the showroom once you know what you want. P.S. They also deliver to you and sign paperwork at your own place.
  • jefe_08jefe_08 Member Posts: 1
    Also looking in the NY area, did you end up getting a good deal? I've been trying to work with dealers through email as well...
  • l0vemyvwl0vemyvw Member Posts: 3
    I'd recommend speaking with Jim Curran in Stratford, CT (Curran VW) or, if you are willing to talk with someone a bit further away, Frank Marvici in West Springfield, MA (Fathers & Sons VW). I dealt with many dealers via email and these two gentlemen were the absolute best. I ended up going with Frank but this was simply based on the fact that Fathers & Sons had the vehicle I wanted on the lot. Both dealerships were a true pleasure to deal with and I'd recommend both highly.
  • userlauserla Member Posts: 10
    Hi car_man

Looking at an SE + Sunroof & Nav or a base SEL. Wondering if you have July MF's and residuals for comparison. Probably looking at 36 months. I've heard 39 months is standard with VW?

Thanks
  • dscottmodscottmo Member Posts: 2
    Am looking at same car and not having great luck. Am in area without many local dealers. What was your strategy for getting this offer? Thanks for your insights.
  • dscottmodscottmo Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2011 SE AWD w/Moonroof + Nav and have a dealer offer of $1500 down + $436/month for 36 months w/36,000 miles. How does this sound? I am a past Audi lessee. Do you know of any loyalty credits, etc. they might offer. Just turned in my TT last month. Thanks!
  • nickr1nickr1 Member Posts: 51
    What's the purchase price, that's the number that matters most. If they give you a good deal on the price then your payments will be lower, if they don't discount the price then it's a bad deal. Personally, I feel that sounds really high for what the car is. $1,500 down and $436 for 36 is $17,196 total, that's what you're paying to rent this car for 3 years. In my mind, the SE is not a $30,000 car, not in today's market, today's economy, so how can anyone justify paying 17k and not owning it?

VW advertises the Tiguan for $279 a month for 36 months plus $2,499 due in advance, that's $12,543 for a 3 year lease. This is likely a stripped down car and maybe not even AWD, who knows, they don't say in the ad and the ad is on this page?

Focus on the purchase price, get it lower, that's my advice, but then, I think all these kinds of cars are wildly overpriced, it's as if the dealers never heard of the recession.
  • tomj21tomj21 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Hello,

I am looking to lease a 2011 Tiguan AWD SE with sunroof and navigation for 36 mos. and was wondering what VW's current buy rates for money factor and residual values are. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I know that the 2012s are due in September and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on when the best time to lease 2011s might be? I'm assuming residuals will drop once the 2012s hit the lot but money factors probably will too as VW tries to move old models off the lot.

Thanks in advance!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, userla. VW Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE with Sunroof, Navigation, and 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an SEL are .00039 and 45%.

You're right, VW Credit's 39 month numbers are not very attractive.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.