Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey tomj21. Volkswagen Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It's tough to predict what automakers will do with their future incentives programs, but if I had to make an educated guess I personally doubt that VW's lease program on this model will get much better than it is right now before it is forced to phase its lease support out because of low residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tomj21tomj21 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man!
  • collaboratorcollaborator Member Posts: 2
    VW has a great lease deal available now! For 36 month lease the residual is
    52% and money factor is as low as 0.00080. with mininum down payment
    required. Contact me I can help.
  • collaboratorcollaborator Member Posts: 2
    Contact me I have the inside scoop. I can explain it all to you.
  • heidi_carheidi_car Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and looking for advice on a lease price my dealer is quoting. For the 2011 Tiguan S, 4 wheel drive, they are quoting a sales price of 24,300 (down from their quoted retail price of 28,000.) No downpayment, 55% residual, and a .00104 money factor with a monthly payment of $335 for 36 months on 12k milage.

This looks to be a fair deal to me, but was the first quote the dealer gave me, insisting they can't negotiate on leases. Still, the sales price they are using looks competitive. Any advice?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,208
    Looking for MF/residual for 36 month, 12K/yr on SEL 4Motion and SE 4Motion..

I see there is 0% available on 60 month purchases. Does that affect the discount the dealer can offer off MSRP, or is the incentive fully paid for by VW?

Any lease cash incentives?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• trixie1112trixie1112 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, could you provide money factor and residual info as well as any incentives for August 2011 for a Tiguan lease? Thanks in advance!
  • jhcompliancejhcompliance Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to this post also. I was quoted in Smithtown NY the following:

2011 S 4-Motion AWD $321.36 month for 36 months with $2203.12 down. First offer from dealer. How did you finally make out?
    You're welcome tomj21.

Car_man
    Host
    HA. Hey kyfdx. Here you go.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SEL 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00037 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion are .00045 and 51%.

In addition to these special lease money factors, Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the SE and $1,500 on leases of the SEL through VW Credit.

The special financing offer is fully funded by Volkswagen. Whether you take advantage of it or not should not have any impact upon your ability to negotiate a good deal, other than the fact that you are foregoing any available cash incentives by using the special rate.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks, Car_Man! You provide a wonderful service.. ;)

So.... are there any cash incentives for buyers that don't take advantage of the 0% financing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi trixie1112. VW Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00102 and 55%.

There's a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the '11 SE, but no cash yet on leases of the '12 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • trixie1112trixie1112 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much - very helpful! Now, if only I can get a fair deal on my trade - so far, no dice. Wish me luck, though!
    You're very welcome trixie1112. Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
  • griftagrifta Member Posts: 8
    Looking for leasing information on a Tiguan SE w/ Nav/Sunroof.

Need Money Factor, Residual Value for 36 month 12k miles lease.
    Here you go grifta. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE with Navigation, Sunroof, and 12,000 miles per year are .00036 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • tomfinntomfinn Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a 2012 Tiguan SE 4 motion with sun and nav. Any idea the money factor and residual value for a 3 year, 12,000 mile lease?
  • wdunawaywdunaway Member Posts: 1
    What are Volkswagen Credit's money factor and residual on a 2011 Tiguan SEL FWD at 36 mos / 12k miles? I've been offered .00069 and 46% at cap cost of 33612.01 in Orlando, FL.
    Here's the info that you're looking for, tomfinn. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00102 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wdunaway. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SEL FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00034 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • terriblet1terriblet1 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Looking at a 2012 SEL 4 Motion, loaded to the gills. Can you help me? What is the 36 and 48 mo rate lease money factor and residual value for 12,000 and 15,000 miles? Priced at $38k before tax/title/fees.

Any input is helpful, thanks!
  • epijunkyepijunky Member Posts: 4
    Hey Car Man - I'd greatly appreciate it if you could let me know the money factor and residual for a 2011 tiguan SE FWD (no nav or moonroof) 12k miles, 36month lease?

Also, if anyone could let me know what "fees" volkswagen tried to get them to pay so that they can pad the bill? For example, some dealerships charge an "application fee" which you dont have to pay, etc.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi terriblet1. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00065 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00164 and 45%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey epijunky. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00044 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $4,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

At lease signing you will have to pay your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit, and VW Credit's acquisition fee. An "application fee" sounds like something along the lines of a doc fee, which is not much more than dealer profit.

Car_man
    Host
    Are the incentives really that high on 2012 Tiguans?

I only ask, because most dealers have very few, and what they do have sells in days... Seems crazy that VW would put incentives on them..
    (I've been shopping them)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bostonbenbostonben Member Posts: 71
    Sounds like the incentive only applies to 2011 models, but still, $4500 seems really high. Can you confirm which Tiguan models that incentive applies to?
  • epijunkyepijunky Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Car_Man! Is that 4500 incentive active right now for the month of october?
  • summersauce625summersauce625 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man

I got a quote for 2012 Tiguan SE with Sunroof and NAv for a 36 months lease at 10k miles per year for 433 per month with around 609 upfront. MSRP is 31500, final price is at invoice 30140...is this a good deal? Can you let me know the current buy rate? Based on the sept buy rate you shared, my calculation is only around 410with 7% tax included, could you tell me if my calculation is correct? The dealer said 600 upfront is the doc fee plus tag and title... I feel the doc fee is high, is this standard? Thank you in advance!
  • akotikakotik Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Car_man,

Really appreciate the info you provide here!

I got a quote Oct 8 for a 2012 SE 4Motion with sunroof/nav, 36 months, 10K miles/yr at 58% residual, .00102 money factor. I told the guy the Sep lease rate was .00065 and he insists it's now .00102.

The discrepancy brought a few general questions to mind that will likely benefit other forum members. I hope you can find some time to respond to these.

1) For a given lease term/mileage combo (36 months and 10K miles/year), does the residual % change across trim levels or with/without 4Motion, sunroof & nav?

2) Do the residual and money factor vary by dealer? I'm in Boston (5-6 dealers in area) so I'm wondering if VW Credit gives different terms to different dealers.

3) The quote included a $625 "acquisition fee" and a $454 "registration & document fee". These smell like profit to me. Are these fees set by dealers or by VW Credit?

Thanks!
  • max_andersonmax_anderson Member Posts: 37
    My wife has about 6 months left on a 48-month VW Touareg lease. She is worried she is going to go over her mileage limit and she is just about due for a brake job which is about $700. So she went to the dealership and they said they could get her out of her lease early and she could lease the following:

2012 Tiguan SE (FWD) - MSRP $30,515

This is suburban Cook County, IL.

The payment they quoted her on a 48-month lease with 12K a year is $489 per month (taxes rolled in) with nothing down. They say they based this off of a residual of 50% and a MF of .00176. They told her that her lease rate is about $40 more per month because of their willingness to take her Touareg back 6 months early.

Do these numbers make sense to you? Thanks in advance!
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Hey Car man...can you please post the October finance numbers for both the 2011 and 2012 Tiguan SE? Assume 12k or 15k miles per year. Also...are there still the cash rebates available for those models?

Thanks.
    There isn't any cash incentives on leases of the 2012 Tiguan in October.

Car_man
    Host
    Good catch bostonben. I apologize for the confusion the $4,500 was on the 2011 Touareg. The 2011 Tiguan has $1,500 dealer cash on it in October.

Car_man
    Host
    I apologize for the confusion epijunky. I mistakenly looked at the Touareg. In October there is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 Tiguan S, $1,250 on the SE, and $1,750 on the SEL.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi summersauce625. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE with sunroof, navigation, and 10,000 miles per year are .00103 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Dealers are free to charge whatever they want for doc fees. Just make sure to take the fee into account when looking at the total selling price that you are being charged for the vehicle that you're interested in.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi akotik. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 10,000 miles per year are .00102 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This is a national lease program that should not vary by dealer.

The acquisition fee is charged by VW Credit so that's not a dealer profit center. Registration is charged by the state, so that isn't either. The doc fee on the other hand is not really anything more than dealer fluff and should be treated accordingly.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi max_anderson. What selling price is the dealer charging you for this truck?

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sprinkler13. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 2WD are .00044 and 47%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these trucks' residual values would be 2% higher.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 version of this truck, but nothing on leases of the 2012 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Piaya20Piaya20 Member Posts: 10
    Hi CarMan,

I would like to know what are the current lease rates (money factor / residual %) for 2012 Tiguan SEL with Premium Navigation (2WD) - 15,000 miles for 36 months and 24 months respectively.

Thank you.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, Piaya20.

Volkswagen Credi's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00080 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers fir an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00080 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • adamvwadamvw Member Posts: 5
    I would like to know - what benefits does VW year-end sign-n-drive event offer for leasing a 2012 Tiguan? What qualify for sign-n-drive normally? can it be an order (take 8-12 weeks) or it has to a transaction taking one off the dealer's lot? Is it sign-n-drive only for leasing? what about buying/financing? any advantage to wait until December for sign-n-drive to start?
  • jandmjandm Member Posts: 2
    I will be negotiating a 36 month, 12,000 mile a year lease for a fully loaded 2012 Tiguan AWD SEL 4 motion., with premium Nav. I live in Portland OR

Can you tell me the current money factor and residual value on this car?

It does not appear the dealers in the area have this car in stock. Should I expect this to impact my ability to negotiate the "purchase price" for purposes of this lease?

Thanks !

JANDM
  • robbie26robbie26 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,

I am preparing a 36 month/12,000 mile a year lease for a 2012 Tiguan SE 2WD ->no nav/sunroof. I live in North Texas. Right now, it appears that the MSRP is $30,225, possibly negotiated to $28,000.

Can you tell me the November money factor and residual values are on this car?
    Also, any guess to what my money down look like? FYI-I want to put down as little as I can.

Thanks
  • Piaya20Piaya20 Member Posts: 10
    Hi CarMan,

I would like to know what are the current lease rates for NOVEMBER (money factor / residual %) for 2012 Tiguan SEL AWD 4Motion - 15,000 miles for 36 months.

Thank you.
  • gotpsagotpsa Member Posts: 7
    Car_man,

Could you please provide the VW Credit lease numbers for a 2012 SE 4Motion (without sunroof/nav), 36/36k. Thank you!
    Besides the lease rate (money factor/residual) that everyone is asking, what is your negotiated price for the lease? One dealer in my area is willing to do invoice price for ordering a 2012 SEL 4Moton with Prem Nav, which translates to about $1500 off the MSRP $38,080 (invoice $36,558 according to autos.yahoo.com).

Oh, btw, VW put the backup camera back on SEL model now.
  • vwtiguan12vwtiguan12 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I'm interested in leasing a 2012 VW Tiguan 4motion, and I would like to know what the current money factor and residual value would be for a 3-year lease with 45000 miles for a base model S 4motion and a SE 4motion - both automatic. Also, I'd like to know what I would expect to pay per month. Thanks!!
    Saw this deal at a NJ dealer site, looks like a typical lease deal from VW Credit. What you guys think? Not sure how much if it is a SEL 4Motion with Prem Nav.

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan S FWD
    $279 PER MONTH LEASE FOR
    36 MONTHS
    Lease a 2012 Tiguan S fwd with automatic transmission for $279.00* a month. 36-month lease, $2,499.00 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees). *Based on MSRP of $25,160.00 (including destination charges) for a 2012 Tiguan S fwd with automatic transmission, excluding title, tax, options and dealer fees. Monthly payments total $10,044.00. Requires dealer contribution of $465.00, which could affect final negotiated transaction. Purchase option at lease end for $15,446.00. At lease end lessees responsible for $0.25/mile over 36,000 miles and excessive wear and tear. Dealer sets actual prices. Lessee responsible for insurance. Closed-end lease offered on approved credit by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. Supplies limited. U.S. cars only. Additional charges may apply at lease end. See your Volkswagen dealer for financing details or for general product information call 1-800-Drive-VW. Must take delivery from dealer stock.
  • kuyajejekuyajeje Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Hi Carman
    What is the residual value and money factor for 2011 se 4 motion 36 month lease 10000 miles & 48 month lease 10000 miles, thanks for your help
    Got email from at least 2 local VW dealers saying the Sign-then-drive event starts now with zero down, zero first month and zero deposit. Incidentally I called 1 local dealer and he said all local dealers out-of-stock of 2012 Tiguan for now and ask me to call back 5 weeks later. This is an exact repeat of what happened last year with redesigned Touareg.
This discussion has been closed.