Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• vwtiguan12vwtiguan12 Member Posts: 2
    If you're talking about the AWD Tiguan, those are indeed hard to find. But, if you're talking about the FWD, it seems like dealers can't seem to get rid of them; there are just too many of those in inventory. Too bad the Germans aren't making enough of the AWDs.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, JANDM. VW Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00051 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If this vehicle is indeed in short supply in your area then yes there is a decent chance that will hurt your ability to negotiate a low selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    Just closed this deal in tristate area:

2012 Tiguan SE - All Wheel Drive - 4 Motion
    Panoramic Roof
    Navigation
    VW All Weather Mats and Cargo Liner/Blocks Kit
    $279 Total Out Of Pocket & $418.00/month includes TAX and 10K mi/yr 36 months

Happy Holidays Carman & Members and thx for all you do!
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    Just closed this deal in tristate area:

2012 Tiguan SE - All Wheel Drive - 4 Motion
    Panoramic Roof
    Navigation
    VW All Weather Mats and Cargo Liner/Blocks Kit
    $279 Total Out Of Pocket & $418.00/month includes TAX and 10K mi/yr 36 months

Happy Holidays Carman & Members and thx for all you do!
    Happy Holidays to you as well richneedsaleas. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • die4valordie4valor Member Posts: 31
    what dealer did you use?
  • die4valordie4valor Member Posts: 31
    car man:
    what's the money factor & residual for a 2012 tiguan SE FWD with roof and navi for 36 months/10k miles?

thanks!
    Hello die4valor. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE FWD with sunroof, navigation, and 10,000 miles per year are .00096 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    edited January 2012
    Hi Car_man.

Would you please provide me with the money factor and residual value for a 2012 Tiguan SEL FWD, 10,000 miles per year, 36 months. I read that VW is providing $1250 in leasing cash. Is this correct?

Thanks, Car_man!
  • thespy79thespy79 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    Trading in my car VW jetta 2009 13000 miles, owes 8000, trade in value 13k so net is 5K. Tiguan 2012 SE sunroof and nav, mf 0.00146, about 368/mo, residual 19000K, 10K miles/year. Thanks very much, really enjoy learning on this website
  • mctrees02mctrees02 Member Posts: 27
    It looks like they marked up your interest rate from 2.304% to 3.504%. That equates to roughly $20-25/month in additional payments.
  • thespy79thespy79 Member Posts: 2
    I ended up getting 13500 for the trade in net trade in value of 5500, the MSRP was marked down to almost at invoice. with tax credit i pay 305 a month for 27 months and then 320 for the rest. 36 month lease 10K. I thought it was a good deal and took it, did not even ask about money factor. The people at the other dealer were complete **** they originally were quoting me at 408, and the trade in was being eaten up by fees and not being applied to the cap. I don't want to badmouth them so i wont name the dealer in Washington state. They were giving me the typical "we are losing money" "my manager this my manager that" (not knowing i had someone that was quoting me at over 65$ less a month than their best offer).I will say that everyone really needs to do tons and effective research when dealing with these people. You work hard for your money don't let peeps take advantage of you.

Thanks for the reply.
  • ottoukiottouki Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car-man
    I am actually about to lease this Tiguan SE for 4000 out of pocket and 360/month.
    for 12k miles/ year. is it a good deal ?
  • mctrees02mctrees02 Member Posts: 27
    what's the price before TTL?
    what residual are they quoting?
    what money factor are they quoting?
    is there a trade-in?

On it's face it looks like too high of a price but it's impossible to know without knowing the answers to the above questions.
    Hey hpowders. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00055 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The $1,250 cash incentive on lesses of this truck that you heard about is indeed correct. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ottouki. The easiest way to evaluate this deal would be to look at this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. These numbers make it easier to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrbbudmrbbud Member Posts: 3
    My lease on my 2009 2WDR SE Tiguan expires next month.

For that lease I paid $1500 out of pocket with a monthly payment of $350.00 for 36 Months and 10,000 miles a year.

What kind of numbers can I expect for a similar deal on a new 2012 2DWDR SE.

MrBud
  • nhbankernhbanker Member Posts: 21
    Could I please get the MF and residual for Tiguan SE with sunroof and navigation for 36 months with 15,000 miles? Any MArch incentives?
    Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, nhbanker. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • mwinbosmwinbos Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man: Can you provide me with the March money factor and residual for a 36 mos. lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE with 10K miles per year? Looks like there's still the $500 cash incentive - is that right? Thanks so much!
  • yoelbyoelb Member Posts: 1
    Hey gang...

Here is what I am looking at...

$2000 down
    $450 /month including taxes

.00022 money factor
    10K /year miles.

$36,050 sticker price
    $33,861 for the "negotiated" cost
    $18,746 residual

How does that sound??

Thanks!

Y
  • jen76ricjen76ric Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a pepper gray Tiguan in Richmond, Va for an out the door price of $24,400 w/car mat package. Hope this was a good deal!?

Has anyone purchased the extended warrant or this car or from VW? I declined but now I am tempted...
    Greetings mwinbos. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00022 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Yes, the $500 cash incentive does indeed still exist on leases of the SE.

Car_man
    Host
  • nennifur13nennifur13 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there. I am new to the world of leasing, so before signing, would like to know if this is a good deal. Any advice would be appreciated. This is in Orlando, FL if that makes a difference.

2012 VW Tiguan SE w/ sunroof and navigation
    12,000 miles/year
    MSRP $31,615
    Negotiated price/Initial Cap Cost $29,600 (they claim this is $500 below invoice)
    Money factor 0.00022
    Residual value 54% ($17,072)
    Trade in value $1,550
    Cash down $1,450
    Cash Cap Reduction $810.14
    Adjusted Cap Cost $28,588.36
    Monthly payment $349.75/36 months

And I have an 814 credit rating.

I was reading that the Adjusted Cap Cost = Initial Cap Cost + Fees - Tradein/Cash down, so with these numbers, that means they are charging me fees of $1988.36. Is this amount in range with what it should be?

Is this a good deal? Should I try to negotiate anything differently?

Thanks so much!
  • ortegaortega Member Posts: 105
    Hey CarMan:

Can you provide the April MF and residual for a 2012 Tiguan SEL w/Premium NAVI for 36 mos/15k miles/yr?

thanks!
  • no32no32 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I'd like to lease a new Tiguan this month, and I want to go in prepared with the April money factor and residual for a base SEL, 36 months, 10k. I'm new to leasing, so also wondering what other fees apply in California.

If anyone here can help, I'd be grateful.

Thank you!
    jmp
  • gdudegdude Member Posts: 4
    Planning on leasing a 2012 Tiguan SE 4-motion with sunroof and use my trade-in as down payment, about $1500. Don't want any out of pocket, just the trade-in. Don't have a good credit history, last time i checked less than a year ago, my score was like 665. Given that, what would be my MF and residual for 10k mi/yr? Planning to get in the month of April. Most of the numbers given here before were for top tier people, i think.

Maybe out of topic but how does the FWD handle in mild snow conditions?

Thanks
  • carbocarbo Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone comment on this proposed deal on a 2012 VW Tiguan SE with Sunroof and Navigation in AWD.

MSRP $34,070
    Sale Price $32,000

36 month lease
    10K miles a year
    1st payment down only
    $438 a month + tax

Thanks.
  • no32no32 Member Posts: 2
    For anyone who's interested, yesterday I took home a Gray/Black 2012 Tiguan SEL (not premium nav or audio) with the following lease terms. This is in Northern California.

36 month, 10k/year
    MSRP: 35,030
    Sale Price: 33,222
    Residual: 52%
    MF: 0.00004
    VW April Cash Bonus / Cap Reduction: 1,500
    Monthly incl. tax: 412
    Drive off / tax & fees: 1,804

Credit scores in the low to mid 700's.

I think buyers are in a good position to negotiate on the higher end models. Hope this helps. Good luck.

-JMP
  • p1dallasp1dallas Member Posts: 11
    Hello Car-Man,

Could I please get the MF and residual for Tiguan SE with sunroof and navigation for 36 months with 15,000 miles? Any April incentives?

Thanks!
    Hello,

The dealer is giving me the following info for this lease:

36 months / 15 K - 52% residual - .00147 MF

Is the MF marked up on this deal? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
  • texraidertexraider Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    P1Dallas

I am in DFW and also looking for a tiguan lease. What model are you looking for (s, SE, SEL)? What is the MSRP and the actual sales price? What dealership gave you these #'s?

Thanks!
    (Bottom)
    edited April 2012
    Hey Texraider,

I worked out a deal with Lewisville VW and got the following deal:

SE with Nav and sunroof, mats and 1st aid kit. MSRP $31,615- Purchase price was $30,500, .00065 MF, $625 acquisition fee.

Good luck! ...

with your ....

(Bottom)
  • anweiszanweisz Member Posts: 6
    being offered vw tiguan SE with sunroof and navigator:
    lease 10000 miles x year
    36 months
    Money factor .00022
    Residual 55%
    Negotiated price: 27,800
    750 down plus tags,license, 625 acquisition fee.
    Is this a good deal?
  • gdudegdude Member Posts: 4
    The negotiated price seems to be very good, 1500 below invoice,right?
    Hey ortega. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00002 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

VW is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jmp. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL with 10,000 miles per year are .00002 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for p1dallas. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE with sunroof, navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

VW is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • ashleigh919ashleigh919 Member Posts: 79
    Hi Car_man and kyfdx,

I'm trying to figure out where my math and the dealer's math are differing so greatly. I'm looking at a 2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion. The terms are as follows:

Cost: $34,000 (I know this is below invoice)
    Bonus cash: $2000
    Trade: $2000
    Net Cost: $30,000

Residual: 50%
    Money Factor: 0.0008 (1.194%)
    39 months
    12,000 miles

I live in Massachusetts where the tax is 6.25%.

The dealer is telling me it is $420 a month, including tax.

The Edmund's lease calculator (and when I do the math myself) tell me this should be $396 a month, including tax.

1. Where is the dealer getting this different amount?
    2. Are the residual and money factor correct for May?

Also, another dealer has an ad for $327 for an SEL 4Motion with Nav (not a necessity for me) with zero down, i.e. before my trade. Their dealer fee is $1200, rather than $699 (the first dealership), with a doc fee of $375, as opposed to the $399 doc fee from the first dealership. The fees are NOT rolled into the quoted $420 a month. Is it even possible to get this car for $327 a month with zero down?

I really want/need full power seats, auto lights, and the auto dimming mirror that only the SEL has. I'm trading in a 1996 that has all of those, so I would hope that a car that is 16 years newer would have it, but I might have to go with the SE with the sunroof and navigation at this high price. Thanks for your help!
    Hi ashleigh919. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is actually slightly high. VW Credit's current buy rate for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL is only .00051. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your payment.

Using the numbers that you mentioned in your post, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $371. I doubt that it is possible to get this vehicle for $327 per month with nothing down.

Car_man
    Host
  • skizzaskizza Member Posts: 3
    Carman,

I am looking for the current residual and money factor for a 2012 Tiguan SEL w/premium Nav (no Dynaudio) at 39 month lease and 12,000 miles.

Also, do you know when these figures are expected to change? Is it monthly? I am trying to take advantage of the $2,000 lease incentive on this vehicle, but inventory seems limited on the color we want, so we may wait until a later time.

I appreciate all of your help!
  • galuchjrgaluchjr Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

I'd like to get your opinion on a quote I received from a dealer in the NYC area. It is for a 2012 Tiguan SE w/ Sunroof and Nav.

39 months/12,000 miles
    Cost 30,317
    Residual .52
    Money Factor .00049

$3000 due at signing for taxes, registration, 1st month's payment

$389/Month

Love to hear what you think.

Thanks.
    Hi skizza. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00045 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This lease program is scheduled to run through July 2nd.

The cash incentive on leases of this truck is now $2,250.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi galuchjr. The lease program that you mentioned looks good to me. It's great that you have the selling price of this truck...that is a very important number. However, it is difficult for me to evaluate without having something to compare it with, either the MSRP or invoice price. Let me know what one of these numbers is and I'll gladly tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • djudju Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

Would appreciate a critique of the following:

2012 Tiguan SE FWD w/sunroof and nav

MSRP: 31580

CASH SALE PRICE: 29800
    AQUISITION FEE: 625
    CAP COST: 30425
    CAP COST REDUCTION: 2059

ADJ CAP COST: 28365

RESIDUAL: 16737 (53%)

MONEY FACTOR: .00089

TERM: 39 Months 12000 Mi/Yr

DOWN PAYMENT: 3000

MONTHLY PAYMENT W/TAX: 349

Thanks for your time!
    I'd be happy to take a look at this deal, dju. Let me begin by saying that the money factor that you were quoted is a slightly high. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE is only .00056 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your vehicle's payment.

As far as the selling price goes, there is around a $1,200 or so spread between this truck's MSRP and dealer invoice price plus another $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it, giving you a total of around $2,200 to play with. The $1,780 discount that you were quoted looks pretty good to me.

Just make sure to address the money factor issue and you should be all set.

Car_man
    Host
  • kfulbeckkfulbeck Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,

VW is currently offering a Southern CA regional deal of 0 down $269 + tax/mo for 36 months for the Tiguan S.

I'm interested in seeing how close I can get to this for the Tiguan SE with sunroof & navigation. The quote I received was $322 + tax with 0 down, same length. Does this seem like a good deal to you?

Could I please get the money factor and residual numbers for the 2012 Tiguan SE (sunroof & nav) for 36 months, 10K miles per year?

Thanks very much!
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Member Posts: 55
    Hi Car_man,

Would you share the money factor and residual value for 2012 Tiguan SEL with 15K miles per year, 36 mons. I am in Houston, TX. :)

Thanks!
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Member Posts: 55
    Hi Car_man,

Would you share the money factor and residual value for 2012 Tiguan SE with sunroof & Nav. 15K miles per year, 36 mons. I am in Houston, TX.

Thanks!
  • marylandguymarylandguy Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Can you give me the current money factor, residual % and any incentives for a 2012 Tiguan S 4Motion 36month 10k/year lease for the month of August? My zip code is 20817.

Also, any thoughts on how much I can push to reduce the disposition fee?

Thanks,

Marylandguy
This discussion has been closed.