Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• talon4x4talon4x4 Member Posts: 21
    The dealer sent me the lease worksheet and I'm trying to make sense of why our numbers don't match. The first thing I see is how the depreciation is calculated. When I look at the Edmunds site it says to subtract residual from cap cost. Now I thought the cap cost was the agreed upon cost of the car?! But maybe its not that simple. Because the agreed upon price is $31,791. However on this worksheet it says adjusted cap cost $33,115.56. The $33,115 is coming from the agreed upon price + acquisition fee - amount paid in cash. $31,791 + $625 - $569.11 = $32,416. Hmmm.....now there is something else that doesn't add up. What's on the worksheet and how the numbers actually add up are different by around $1,200. Maybe I'm overlooking something here?!?

Is there anyone around that can help me make sense of this? I was hoping to go shopping tomorrow. :D

Ohh and it looks like the money factor is now .00066 or at least that is what's on my worksheet. That extra .0005 actually makes a pretty big difference in the monthly payment. A $27/month difference in my case.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi talon4x4. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE with Sunroof, Navigation and 10,000 miles per year are .00016 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

If I was in the market for this vehicle, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over the invoice price that is listed here (preferably towards the lower end) minus the $500 lease cash minus the $500 coupon that you have if it's from the manufacturer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi chillyal. It would be much easier for us to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this truck's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given an in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • chillyalchillyal Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

I was given no prices just 1900 down 365 month for an SE 4 motion

And 1600 down 306 month for a S 4 motion niether have sunroof or nav.

I guess I better go back andget some real numbers from them.

We are also looking at the ford escape on sat. any thoughts on that one?

Your the best
  • jt401jt401 Member Posts: 1
    Help with two questions please. Need Feb. buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease 2013 Tiguan SEL FWD with 12K miles/year for top credit tier. Also would appreciate if others can tell me what they are being quoted for 2013 Tiguan SEL FWD with 12K miles/year lease. Any additional info is appreciated. Thx
  • jeffkreshjeffkresh Member Posts: 1
    2013 tiguan S
    with panoramic roof
    12k miles a year
    3 years
    1000 down
    $268 a month and that is including tax.

I think I did well, and my wife loves the car, silver really makes it look expensive.
  • zdogszdogs Member Posts: 18
    Got a Tiguan SE 2WD (without nav/sunroof) for my wife tonight in Central FL. Pretty smooth process completed totally via e-mail. Selling price was $26,530 + fees. (Here in FL most dealers charge a "dealer fee" of $599-$799. This dealer charged $579 which is one of the lower ones around.) It's just a game and as long as you can get to at least $600 or so below invoice before any rebates, it's basically a wash. Payment for 36 mo/12k miles came to $325 (including tax) and all I paid up front was the 1st payment. Wife turned in a Jetta that had 5 months left on the lease and they basically bought it for the pay-off amount which was slightly more than what Kelley BB said the trade-in would be worth, but they made up the difference to do the deal. Oh - and they threw in the mat kit. Overall, I think it was a pretty good deal.
  • talon4x4talon4x4 Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2013
    Picked up a 2013 White-Gold Metallic Tiguan last weekend. Figured I'd share my info here. Its an SE with 4motion, navigation, sunroof, leather, winter floor mats, mud/splash guards, window etching and first aid kit. The terms are 10k/year on a 3 year lease. We used our $500 auto show coupon and the $500 lease cash. I believe the MSRP was a bit above $34,000. My wife isn't home so I don't have the paperwork with the exact breakdown but here is an overview.

We are paying $390/month (8.75% tax included) and had $1000 due at signing.

I'm really happy with that deal. Thanks CarMar for posting the info, it was a real help!!
    edited March 2013
    Thanks chillyal :). That's how I always negotiate a lease. I negotiate the lowest possible selling price for the vehicle that I want and then have the dealer calculate my payment using its buy rate lease money factor. That assures me of getting the best possible deal.

As far as the Escape goes, it certainly will be a whole lot cheaper to lease than the Tiguan. All things being equal I'd rather have the Tig, but it's definitely going to cost a little more. Traditionally VW trucks have been overpriced to lease, but the deals on them have been getting better.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jt401. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SEL FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00002 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through VW Credit. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Kudos jeffkresh. That is a very attractive payment on a Tiguan. The prices certainly have come down on them lately.

I hope that your wife enjoys it.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow is your username a reference to the Eagle Talon. A friend of mine used to have one. I remember all of the brands that went away, Chrysler, Plymouth, Oldsmobile, Daewoo, Saturn, Mercury, Isuzu, Hummer, now Suzuki...and those are just the recent ones.

I digress...I'm glad that we were able to help you out. Thanks for stopping back to share the details of your deal. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • privera10privera10 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

I need some advice and hope you can help.

I am at the end of a lease on a 2010 GTI and I'm looking at a Tiguan. The GTI Buy Out price is about 2K lower than it's trade in value.

First question: I am getting conflicting responses about using the GTI's positive equity towards the Tiguan. One dealer says they had to buy it 90 days before my lease is over, another seems to be open to it. Is trading in a lease unusual? This is the first time I attempt it>

Second question: I am interested in a Tiguan SE, w/sunroof and navigation. The True Car price (which I'm aiming for) is $29,848 and includes $825 destination fee. Could you work up what the lease would be with 12000miles, 36month, and no out of pocket cost? Would you mind telling me what the Money Factor and Residual % it is you use?

I believe there is a $1000 VW loyalty incentive going on this month? Is there any other cap reduction I should keep in mind?

Thank you so much for your advice!
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    What is mf and residual on see with sunroof and navigation? Also what rebates are available?
    Hi again Car_man,

So I moved on the Tiguan. Here's what I got:

SE, 4motion, Sunroof and Navigation for $31600
    36 months, 12000 miles/yr
    Dealer took to GTI equity ($2100) as down payment
    No out of pocket and $350.39 a month

I believe he called it a "keys 4 keys" sale...

Does this sound good, just curious.

I love the car!

Thanks.
  • vdubluv4vdubluv4 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I have an offer for a 2013 SEL Tiguan (4Motion) for $3k down $321 a month (inc tax, title, license), residual value approx $20k (oh and 12k mi/year). (I think sticker price was $38k) Sounds great! Am I missing anything here or is this awesome?
  • va_4011va_4011 Member Posts: 2
    This is an excellent deal. Would you mind sharing the dealer details.
  • va_4011va_4011 Member Posts: 2
    What is the best lease price for 2013 Tiguan SEL FWD with 12K miles/year with 0 down?
    What is the best lease price for 2013 Tiguan SEL (4Motion) with 12K miles/year with 0 down?

Thanks in advance
    Hi privera10. More often than not consumers do not have any equity on their leased vehicle that they can use on their next deal.

I need both the MSRP and selling price of the new car that you're interested in to work up a payment on it for you. I can tell you though that VW Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE with 12,000 miles per year .00003 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck. There's an additional $500 loyalty cash incentive on top of that. There's also some regional cash as well. If you tell me what state you are in I can tell you if there's any in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cliffpoz. VW Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck plus another $500 for loyal customers. These's some regional cash on top of that that I can tell you if you're eligible for if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey privera10. Wow that's great that the dealer gave you two grand in equity on your GTI. What is this truck's MSRP? If will help me to evaluate the selling price and deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car-man,

Thank you for the reply.

According to Edmunds the MSRP is $34,270 with the options it came with: sat radio, navigation, 4motion, sunroof, splash guards, rubber mats, and first aid kit.

The selling price on my lease documents is $31,600

There was nothing out of pocket.

My monthly payment is $350.49 for 36 month/12,000 mile lease

I feel that I got a decent deal, but there's always that little nagging voice that says I could have negotiated more/better...

I'm curious to see what your numbers are, maybe they'll help me learn how to get an even better price next time around.

Thanks!
  • hugo5hugo5 Member Posts: 68
    Hi Car_man
    I am interested in leasing the same car, Tiguan SE with Sunroof, etc..10 000/month. Has any of the above info changed for March (would you know for April ?) and what would the same be for the SE without sunroof?
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    Sorry carman, I was looking for residual and mf for 10k miles, 36 month on tiguan sel 4 motion with nav and sunroof. What regional cash in NYC area as well as national incentives?

Thanks!
  • mushybreaksmushybreaks Member Posts: 6
    Carman can you inform of any regional cash back for Walker vw Metairie, LA 70003

In a market for Tiguan SE with Nav.
  • sdoran2sdoran2 Member Posts: 2
    Just leased a 2013 Tiguan SE but was not offered the $1,000 incentive you mentioned, only the $500 VW loyality here in Denver. How do I double check on my 10K per year lease that I got the .00003 % 54% as I have credit score of 838. Have not found many resources about double checking figures and some of the math dealer used seems fuzzy/fishy. MSRP $31275 Neg $30675 Down/Trade $5601 ($11k trade - loan balance, $500 VW, $500 my $) residual $18340, rent $2100, $500 doc fee, $625 Acq fee, $630 Simonize (Fargo scam?) Taxes/title $100. First time leasing. I gave up my beloved 2006 Touareg for 120% fair price MSRP. Don't have a warm fuzzy feeling here and already have cases open with VW cares & VW credit and ready to call in the big guns about fuzzy math. Thanks
  • ktwallisktwallis Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Hi all,

First time leasing a car - and just want to check in that I'm getting a good deal. I'm willing to do some more negotiations if necessary but want to make sure there is room to negotiate first!

It's also been difficult to get info on the Tiguan S as most postings are about the SE/SEL models.

I've been offered the following on a 3 year lease Tiguan S fwd with sunroof:
    $25500
    $1800 down including taxes
    $285/mo
    12K miles/year
    $14500 residual

Good deal to sign away?

Thanks in advance!!
  • sdoran2sdoran2 Member Posts: 2
    Follow up. Dealer fat fingered RLMF at .00113 when it should have been .00013 (still high) which would explain the massive overcharge in Rent $2100 vs $212. Asked dealer to redo paperwork with corrected rate of .00003/59% as VW Credit has not received my paperwork yet for me to ask for an audit. Will keep you posted on the results. Thanks for posting all the figures in previous posts so I figured out why my payments were so high $247 vs $315.
  • justwatchingjustwatching Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car_Man -

Can you post April money factor and residual value for a 2013 Tiguan SE 4MOTION 36 months/12,000 miles.

Thank you.
    Apparently I can't get it without the mats and first aid kit, as I was told they all come with it. I don't understand that, since it's an option, but help me out here.
    I was quoted an
    MSRP $32505 - Edmunds says $31,960
    Invoice $31188 - Edmunds says $30,706
    selling price $30188 ($1000 incentive off HIS invoice, I was told)
    $1000 out of pocket
    $374/month

Is this a good deal and can I assume that the roughly $500 difference is what the dealer is making, but not telling me about?
    Also, he said the $500 returning customer cash is worked into the initial fee, so I really only have to pay $1000 when I pick it up...does that make sense, or is he now pocketing $1000 (either one is not the end of the world, but I am still trying to get this car for $1000 out of pocket and $350/month.
    Anybody think I can get there?
    Does anybody have the MF and Residual for April and incentives/deals for this month?
  • jedirambojedirambo Member Posts: 1
    MSRP 38,000
    INVOICE 33,987
    TRADE IN 7200
    3800 TOWARDS LEASE 3400 CHECK/CASH BACK
    335/MONTH
    15K A YEAR
    .00002/52PERCENT RESIDUAL

Pull the Trigger? Please help going to the dealer tomorrow
    where did you get the MF and residual? On first look, and I am no expert, but I have been dealing with a similar car...if the MSRP is 38 000, I don't see how the invoice price could be so low. Invoice should be around 36 500, if you check on Edmunds for your model:

http://www.edmunds.com/volkswagen/tiguan/2013/options.html?sub=suv&style=2004358- 20#step1

what is he selling you the car for before your trade in value and is that including the $1000 incentive that is currently offered by VW? What's the sales tax in your state?
    Is there anybody that has the MF/Residual and incentives for NYC for April, or is there any other site that might have it. Sorry, I am running out of time with my old lease.
    MSRP $34,420
    $650 out of pocket (first month and fees)
    $365/month
    dealer is paying for my last month of my returning Jetta

Signed the order form, signing lease on Friday
    Looks like a deal I shouldn't have to think about twice

Any thoughts?
    Car fax says they have one entry, what does that mean? Should I invest the $40 to check or is that just registration inspection?
    Do I have to worry about something like this when leasing a brand new car?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Car fax says they have one entry, what does that mean? Should I invest the $40 to check or is that just registration inspection?
    Do I have to worry about something like this when leasing a brand new car?

I wouldn't... usually the first entry on a CarFax is:

"Entered through Port of New Jersey" or something like that...

Looks like a decent deal.. When we looked at Tiguans a couple years ago, leasing wasn't really feasible... Upper $400s for one like yours...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi hugo5. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00003 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck plus another $500 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cliffpoz. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SEL with 10,000 miles per year are .00002 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This truck has a $2,750 cash incentive available on leases of it in your area plus another $500 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mushybreaks. This month there's a $1,000 national cash incentive on leases of the 2013 Tiguan SE plus another $750 regional cash plus another $500 loyalty cash on top of that if you're eligible for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go justwatching. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00003 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,000 national cash incentive on leases of this truck plus another $500 for loyal customers plus some additional regional cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00003 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive nationally on leases of this truck plus another $500 for loyal customers plus some additional regional cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hugo5. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hugo5, I would consider using CarFax on a used vehicle, but I personally don't see any need to use it on a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • relipro1relipro1 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for residual, MF for 3 year/36K lease as well as any April incentives. Located in Jersey/Philly Metro area.
    Hello relipro1. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan S with 12,000 miles per year are .00046 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car. It is waiving the first month's payment on leases of it as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • djzhudjzhu Member Posts: 12
    Just offered this deal:

39mo, sign then drive, 10K
    MF- 0.00025
    Residual- 0.55
    MSRP- 34425
    Sale- ~30700

Monthly $361 including tax (9.8% tax in WA). Thoughts?
  • carrinocarrino Member Posts: 42
    Car man, Just leased a 2013 Tiguan se with sunroof and Nav and 4 motion. 15k miles a year, 800 out of pocket for 39 months @396.00 a month. Your thoughts?
    Congratulations on getting your new Tiguan carrino. Do you know its MSRP and selling price? That would make it much easier for me to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • carrinocarrino Member Posts: 42
    Car man,
    MSRP of the Tiguan was $33,365 and selling price is $31,669.

Thanks
    Thanks for the additional information carrino. OK so you were quoted a $1,696 discount on the Tiguan that you're interested in. If we back out the $750 cash incentive on leases, the dealer discount is around $946. that doesn't look like much, but the margins are thin on VWs. There's probably only a $1,250 spread on this vehicle. So in short, the selling price that you were quoted looks good.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.