Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Impreza Maintenance Schedule

ty55ty55 Member Posts: 3
I have an '07 Subaru Impreza 2.5i And was curious if anyone knew the required "lease maintenance schedule". What exactly needs to be done and when?

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Stick to the shorter schedule, i.e. service each 3750 miles.
  • ty55ty55 Member Posts: 3
    I mean what needs to be done for the 15000 30000mile etc ... maintenance.
    That varies even by model, so I would refer to the owner's manual for that.

For instance, the old 2.2l engines needed a timing belt at 60k miles, while the 2.5l only need the belt changed at 105k.

The coolant for the 2009 models can go even longer than that!

It keeps changing, so your best bet is to check your specific manual.
  • ty55ty55 Member Posts: 3
    Well mine is a 2007 2.5i, but you say the maintenance information is recorded in the owner's manual?
    Should be, check it out.
  • merrycynicmerrycynic Member Posts: 340
    There is usually a separate maintance manual schedule coupled with the manual. You can also view it on www.mysubaru.com. Please note that you might at first be directed to your local dealers suggested rip-off, uh,I mean suggested schedule, look further for Subaru's Official schedule.
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    The coolant for the 2009 models can go even longer than that!

137,500 miles, to be precise! Although it is fairly academic, since most people will have the water pump replaced at 105K with the timing belt, and the coolant will consequently be replaced then.

Having looked at the maintenance schedule, I have decided that everything except the 30K intervals is fluff, so I will just do oil changes at 5K and tire rotations at 10K apart from that. Subaru is behind the times with spark plugs that only go 30K miles (in the NA 2.5). :-(

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

Timing chain on the 2011 models, does that mean you can really go 137,500 with the stock coolant? Wow....
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    Timing chain, but only on the Foresters for now, right? Impreza soldiers on with the oooollllld engine and the timing belt?

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

Correct. I bet we see the FB25 replace the EJ25 engine across the lineup very soon, though.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    From some discussions I've been privy to, we'll see the NA motors get the FB motors but the Turbo motors may or may not get the new motor...

-mike
    Subaru Guru and Track Instructor
  • saedavesaedave Member Posts: 694
    From some discussions I've been privy to, we'll see the NA motors get the FB motors but the Turbo motors may or may not get the new motor...

I'll bet on the next turbo being a 2.0l FB with perhaps 215-220 HP. That might permit using the same block as the next normally aspirated 2.0l Impreza...and get rid of the present turbo's expensive sand cast block.

More power could be possible; Japan market turbo models have long been 2 liters.
    Yeah I bet the NA engines are replaced first, at a minimum.
    I don't think we'll see a 2.0L Turbo sold in the US. If anything, we might see a 2.7L STi or even a 3.0T H6. The STi must hit about 350+hp to stay competitive and to distance itself from the WRX. Going to a 2.0 in the WRX would be a step back in terms of perception.

Perhaps we will see a small car with a 2.0T but not an impreza.

-mike
    You mean the FT-86 Toyobaru, maybe?
  • genericaccountgenericaccount Member Posts: 8
    I lke that cor :)
    Not the FT86, that car is actually going to be bigger and heavier and much more expensive than originally anticipated.

I think Subaru needs to introduce a smaller than Impreza car to get their CAFE numbers up.

-mike
    I think Subaru needs to introduce a smaller than Impreza car to get their CAFE numbers up.

Mike,

Probably correct, but all wheel drive may not be a realistic part of that vehicle...unless the numbers for the Nissan Juke AWD are good enough. AWD on demand might also be more efficient.

The Juke's 1600 cc turbo might even be a little bit too big to get the required numbers.

Dave
    my guess is they will go with a hybrid AWD for the small car.

-mike
    my guess is they will go with a hybrid AWD for the small car.

Perhaps with no center differential mechanical link to the rear wheels, but that would seem to be a real challenge for stability control! Electric motors only in the wheel hubs or one in the center rear with a differential.

It may depend on what suitable parts are available from the Prius.
  • smithjr77smithjr77 Member Posts: 4
    From experience with "computer controlled" AWD is they only function when getting unstuck and moving slow and you still don't get that sheer grip that Subaru's get. (Check out videos on YouTube). VW, Nissan, Toyota, etc all function about the same. It's not anywhere near the same as all-time AWD like Subaru. I like having all-time AWD because the car doesn't have to "think" about it and I have solid traction (except on ice).

My 2008 Impreza Outback Sport (5/MT) now has 100,500 miles and I routinely get 29.7 - 31.0 MPG on each tank (95% open highway) at about 73-74 MPH and cruise control. Not bad for AWD!! I'm very pleased.

Maintenance wise, I do my regular oil changes ("dino oil") every 5-6k miles and have the tires rotated at the same time. My original factory tires went for 72,000 miles. I do the spark plug changes and am due for the timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, etc. My Subaru mechanic only changes what needs to be changed instead of changing what doesn't, to make extra money.

Now, if Subaru will ever bring their diesels over to the US??? They are loosing a market share. I also hope they don't remove AWD from their model lines.
    These are the best videos for the new models:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P21lwEYY-D0&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRniF4JQN2U&NR=1

The 2nd is my fave, it's Subaru AWD ...

or

... FAIL! :D