Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Sentra 2009

budhbudh Member Posts: 109
Any idea when we can expect the 2009 Sentra to be available? Any changes expected? (I would really like stability control to be an option on the higher models, at least.)

Bud H

Comments

• waynetamwaynetam Member Posts: 18
    I'm disappointed that 09 Sentra still doesn't have ESP which is proven to save lives.

2009 Nissan Sentra and Sentra SE-R
    The sixth generation Sentra, which debuted in 2007, offers style, space, quality, performance and interior flexibility for active lifestyles. For 2009, Sentra is again available with standard 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine, standard 6-speed manual transmission or available fuel-efficient Nissan Xtronic CVTä (Continuously Variable Transmission).

Sentra is also available in Sentra SE-R and Sentra SE-R Spec V models – both featuring sporty styling, enhanced performance and additional standard equipment versus non-SE-R models. Sentra SE-R features Nissan’s refined QR25DE 4-cylinder engine rated at 177 horsepower and 172 lb-ft of torque (on regular unleaded fuel), matched with an Xtronic CVT™ (Continuously Variable Transmission) with paddle shifters for smooth, sporty performance. The 6-speed manual-equipped Sentra SE-R Spec V features a high-output version of the QR25DE engine, with top end engine modifications that help it achieve 200 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque. Contributing to the Spec V’s outstanding performance is unique suspension tuning, larger diameter brakes and an optional Helical Limited Slip Differential.

For 2009, Sentra offers minor revisions, including:
    · Revised trunk lid design
    · New velour charcoal and beige seat cloth and door trims (2.0 and 2.0 S models)
    · Revised driver-side and passenger-side seatbacks (2.0 SL)
    · Additional (two total) 12-volt power points (2.0 S, 2.0 SL, SE-R. SE-R Spec V)
    · MP3 playback capability (2.0 S, 2.0 SL, SE-R, SE-R Spec V)
    New auto speed-sensing door locks
    · New 2.0 SL Premium Package with moonroof and heated driver and front passenger’s seats
    · New SE-R Upgrade Package (moonroof, Nissan Intelligent KeyÔ)
    · New SE-R/SE-R Spec V Premium Audio Package
    · Five new exterior colors: Red Brick, Metallic Blue, Sonoran Sand, Midnight Sky and Artic Blue

The 2009 Nissan Sentra is available in five models: 2.0 (CVT), 2.0 S (6MT, CVT), 2.0 SL (CVT), SE-R (CVT) and SE-R Spec V (6MT). It goes on sale in October 2008.
  • shirschbergshirschberg Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a Nissan Sentra 2.0S. We very much
    like the car, but there is allot of road vibration and you
    FEEL every bump the car goes over. The mechanic took
    some air out of the tires (which were slightly over inflated)
    but we stlll get a VERY rough ride over bumps.

Is there anything that can improve this condition such
    as a higher grade struts on the front?

Thanks
  • cwolf2007cwolf2007 Member Posts: 3
    We also brought this model this month but did not feel those bump you mention about.
    On the other hand, we find the acceleration is not sensitive as we need to press a lot to make the car start to move. The car even not move when the at "D" position without acceleration or brake.
  • ovyboxovybox Member Posts: 21
    Same on my 2008 Sentra 2.0S CVT.
    The suspension is a bit stiff (do not feel bumps) but that's fine cause I drive on interstate mainly.
    Acceleration is less sensitive than on other cars.
    Love the CVT gearbox.
  • jenb4jenb4 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone else have the bluetooth on their 2009 Sentra?

How many speakers do you hear it from?

Thank you!

J
  • rward1rward1 Member Posts: 1
    My O9 trunk leaked, the wet smell got pretty bad. The dealer said it was the License plate lights..but I expect the trunk seal does not work. The buzzer does not stop sometimes and the Key has to be reinserted over and over to shut it off. The dealer sprayed it with something? Now the tire pressure light comes on and then goes off...on..off..buzzer..light it never ends with this car.
  • surengsureng Member Posts: 2
    If i reduce my speed to 20mph with a brake and if i allow the car to stop itself i feel a stiff ride at 15mph even without applying the brakes and that gets alright after few seconds. The dealer is saying this is how all the Nissan Sentra runs due to CVT transmission. But i heard the CVT gives problem only during acceleration.
    Secondly i find the steering is hard....
  • shopclassgirlshopclassgirl Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    Sureng: I am also having the issue with my 2010 Sentra SR. Below 20mph the car tries to lunge, it's minimal, but annoying and just doesn't seem normal. I also experience a drag/lunge/hestitation going from braking, then back to gas pedal at or around 15 - 25mph. I even feel drag when slowing from 40mph to less than 40, but the biggest nuisance with my trans is at 25mph or less, for instance, when in traffic. The dealer told me to try and give it some gas to maintain the CVT ratio...but if I do that to rid the problem, I'll hit the car in front of me (in traffic situations.) While, Yes, the CVT is awesome, as far as I'm concerned, at the higher speeds (40mph and over), very smooth and super quick, but what's wrong with the lower mph's on the CVT. And why don't I hear anyone else complain of this? Maybe we both have lemon transmissions!!!!! I'm still seeking dealer assistance on my 2010 SR. I hope to report back something positive soon. :(
  • nissanwas4menissanwas4me Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    I have just had my Nissan in the shop again for it's general maintenance and told them again how heavy the car feels when driving. I likened the steering to that of a truck. It was explained to me when I picked up my vehicle that models below the Altima. have this electronic steering rather than hydraulics. Now not being a mechanic but coming from a family of brothers, I knew what he was talking about. Bottom line for me is the car is not responsive, if you have to swerve it is very difficult to bring back to the correct lane. This can be frightening and hazardous. I have complained about this from the first time we took the car in for maintenance, but this is the only time I was finally told this is the design and it makes for more difficult steering and handling. This was never explained when I purchased the car and has soured me on Nissan. I have owned four other Nissan products and been very happy but when the service folks can tell you the car is hard to drive, this is a bad design, and only on the less expensive models, you begin to form your own opinions. For me when I am able to trade this car away I will, and I am currently looking, I will not be looking at another Nissan. I am very disappointed that the only answer I have is live with it or get rid of it. :confuse: :mad:
  • b0bbertb0bbert Member Posts: 2
    Sureng/shopclassgirl:

I have the same prob w/ my 2010 Sentra SR. You described it exactly!
    I went to the dealer to test drive another Sentra, it had signs of the same feeling around 20mph. It really is annoying, and wish i had taken longer test drives on the back streets. On the highway its awesome, just don't do any city driving, or around town.... about 70% of what i need it for.

I've had a few episodes w/ it..

#1 transmission range switch failure.. replaced.
    #2 TCM short.. replaced. <9K mi

symptoms: The car would start up and not display the gear on the dash board. shifting thru the gears wouldn't change the display. I had to turn off the car, and try it again. When in this state it would drive horrible. The problem is intermittent and sometimes causes a check engine light, but the last few times they haven't found the codes stored.

I'm hoping that replacing the TCM has fixed this.. :lemon:
  • shopclassgirlshopclassgirl Member Posts: 2
    b0bbert, I'm sorry to hear of your similar troubles and the even further difficult issues you seem to be experiencing.

I hope all of what's been replaced is at least covered at no charge, under warranty, as would be expected. I truly hope you get everything finally taken care of. And most of all, I wish we, and the rest of our family of "Sentra Suckers" fare better in our next auto choices!

My latest issues are when I'm bearing left while going downhill, I get this almost knocking sound coming from the left rear, like in the strut, or possibly a bearing. YES, they said tech found nothing and everything looks normal! If I hear "it's normal" again, I'm going to go "abnormal" and hit something! The auto industry is the biggest rip in this country and the car makers know once you drive off the lot, you're stuck and their job is done. I can't stand it. Lawmakers find such other meaningless things to fight for, yet the business practices among the auto dealers will always go without a second look.

The quality I once associated with Nissan was definitely NOT put into my Sentra. That's seriously unfortunate!! :cry:
  • rutroh50rutroh50 Member Posts: 1
    car was bought new in june 09...it has run great till this morning....went to start it and all I heard was the starter doing the clicking sound....car has 26k miles. Jumped it with wifes car and started up fine...drove about 7 miles and went to start this evening and dead again. I will run a bit longer tomorrow to see if it holds. Did not leave anything on overnite. Here in TN it got real cold last night but battery should not be bad yet. any IDEAS????? :confuse:
  • b0bbertb0bbert Member Posts: 2
    its been awhile - thought I'd report in.

yes, the parts I've had replaced have been covered by warranty. I've stopped asking the dealer to look into the lunge at ~20mph and the 40mph roughness.

TCM issues have been resolved w/ new parts, been happy for ~30k at this point.

The CVT weirdness I've just gotten used to it, I still gripe to myself about it, and would not buy another Nissan or CVT because of it.