Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Mazda CX-9 model changes

citivascitivas Member Posts: 144
edited March 2014 in Mazda
Is there any credible information yet on what is expected to be different in the 2009 model of the CX-9?

Are they going to be fixing all the radio issues for example, so you don't have to buy a couple after market devices and boxes to use sat radio and an ipod at the same time?

I've read something about a change in he engine too but I don't know if it is credible or if there are details.

Comments

• cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    No credible info from me, but I heard about
    - trip computer in US (already available in other countries)
    - direct injection (not sure about 2009 or even 2010)
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    I heard something about a trip computer as well, but not the direct injection. I also heard that you can get iPod, Satellite and Nav to peacefully co-exist.
  • cincyfballcincyfball Member Posts: 1
    New or enhanced for 2009:
    * Trip computer standard on all models
    * Bluetooth phone capability added to Sport model
    * Sirius satellite radio added to Moonroof, BOSE® Audio Package and Rear Seat Entertainment System Package
    * Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink® added to Grand Touring model
    * Heated seats and heated outside mirrors added to Sport Power Seat Package
    * Trailer tow preparation standard on AWD
  • citivascitivas Member Posts: 144
    To me the core issue is the radio / tech integration. If they fixed the ability to have sat radio and an Ipod integration unit that actually lets me control the ipod from the screen and have it charge without needing multiple, not quite right after market add-ons, and fixed the info displays so you didn't have to hit buttons to see your exterior temp, etc., I would forego the current model year mega sales and wait, even if it meant paying way more. But if they don't fix that and I missed the sales on this year's model my interest in the vehicle would seriously diminish.
  • nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    I would try to find a very early 2009 model as soon as they come out and play around with the equipment, since I'm sure salesmen and even Mazda Corp. might not be able to correctly describe what you need if you try calling them. There should still be a lot of 2008s on the lot by that point if you find that the integration is mediocre.

I agree with you, though, that if you don't have the NAV, that one-line display is crap-tacular. An Audi-like display in the dash would have been nice, with multiple lines, but noooo, we got the K-Mart special.
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Thanks for the info.
    Mazda might have to raise MSRP for those add-ons.
    I bought a ScanGuageII to act as a trip computer.
  • citivascitivas Member Posts: 144
    Thanks. From this list -- the same as a previous poster -- I am not convinced they will have meaningfully changed anything for the new model other than the trip computer and it isn't clear what that does. Most of the changes just are making some options standard in various configurations.
This discussion has been closed.