Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

JGC electric fan vibration?

eurojeep2000eurojeep2000 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Jeep
If the electric fan is vibrating can it be fixed easily? what can I do to fix the problem. It just started today the steering wheel vibrates and the fan shroud and radiator vibrate when the fan is on. Any one had this problem?

Comments

• Options
    tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    prob replace fan
    with key off take flash light and look the fan over sounds as if you lost a fan blade
  • Options
    gurlpearlgurlpearl Member Posts: 4
    is it hard to replace ? Autozone has the shroud, fan blade , and motor for $95.00,...my shroud was damaged from the blade hitting it, I've yet to look at the blade to see it's condition,..so,....if the blade is in tact (but probably out of whack after damaging the shroud,..what caused the original resignation (vibration) possibly the rubber mounts or the shaft and or bearings in the motor,...shold I let a pro replace the whole assy. ?
  • Options
    tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    wasent to hard to replace
    replace compleat fan assmbly i got mine from jeep for 140.00 compleat and was not to hard to replace bearing went out of mine
  • Options
    I'm trying to find a site that will chow me the body parts like the hood , grille quarter panels fenders and there mopar or after market order numbers I need the 4 inch hood strip (cowl) that is between the hood and the grill, I don't want to buy a chilton book but I will if I have to
  • Options
    I got one from Auto zone for for $95.00 and it was really easy to change, thanks for your response Lenny :P :shades:
This discussion has been closed.