Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

94 Chevy Blazer 4x4 light flashes

will_sswill_ss Member Posts: 1
I have a 1994 S10 blazer and has auto 4x4 and when i push 4x4 hi it just flashes at me but will go into low. But when i unplug the battery to reset the computer then plug it back in it will go in to hi once

Comments

• woodsman3woodsman3 Member Posts: 8
    I believe your 4x4 push button pad is bad, mine did the same thing. Dealer replace the pad assembly and now it works fine
  • woodsman3woodsman3 Member Posts: 8
    You might have a couple problems, look and see if you have a vacuum switch in the middle of your fire wall, make sure all hoses are connected. Check and see if there are any vacuum leaks. Then if that does not fixe it your push button pad assembly might be bad. Good Luck
  • waterggoowaterggoo Member Posts: 2
    When I apply the brakes and sometimes while driving I hear a repeatedly clicking under the steering column. sounds like a flasher
  • lrosettolrosetto Member Posts: 1
    i am trying to set my timing but can not find the one wire you have to disconnect before you use a timing light (help please).4.3 vortex I have it set now with 18 inches of vaccumm and it is running great but would still like to check with light.
  • nitrodudenitrodude Member Posts: 1
    bought this car for my 16 yr old daughter and when I bought the vehicle in July I tried the 4 wheel HI and LO and it did work . Now we got the first snow fall and it doesnt engage but no matter how I try to put it in the 4 wheel drive all that happens is the light just flashes on the switch, no matter what HI, LO or ALL WHEEL DRIVE and of course she ended up in the ditch from inexperience driving NEED TO TRY TO FIX THIS ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE THANK YOU
  • wil634wil634 Member Posts: 1
    First check fuses. Next replace the transfer case switch it is located in front of the transfer case it has two wires on it. They go all the time. next check for vacuum lines. They run off your cruise control reservoir to a vacuum switch near the firewall and then to the 4wd diaphragm . This diaphragm is located under the battery. You must remove the battery tray to get to it. It sometimes rips. If I were a betting man I'd go with the transfer case switch.
    Good luck
  • rsikesrsikes Member Posts: 1
    Vacuum hose to tranny on 1999 Blazer hanging under vehicle. She switches from 2WD to 4WD on her own. I cannot find where in the engine compartment the hose connects.
  • therattlertherattler Member Posts: 4
    Hello, my 95 chevy blazer 4x4 will NOT engage. I found a vacuum line off that is attached to the hood I believe it goes to the transfer case switch, but i have no clue where it is located, the hose that is loose is approx 20 inches long. Thank You for your time.
  • gabhanjacisagabhanjacisa Member Posts: 19
    OK, this morning, my dash lights went out and the dome light, rear interior tail gate light, and floor lights came on. The dome light is dimmer than what it normally is, but lights up normally when I open the door, as it should. No dash lights at all, all other lights stay on while driving if I have the headlights on, if I don't have the headlights on, there are no lights on. Any suggestions beyond checking fuses? And I tried another headlight switch I had laying around, no help.

One other thing I forgot to mention, when the dash lights went out, I heard a click. I found a blown 20 Amp fuse, replaced it with a new one, but no luck.
  • gabhanjacisagabhanjacisa Member Posts: 19
    OK, this morning, my dash lights went out and the dome light, rear interior tail gate light, and floor lights came on. The dome light is dimmer than what it normally is, but lights up normally when I open the door, as it should. No dash lights at all, all other lights stay on while driving if I have the headlights on, if I don't have the headlights on, there are no lights on. Any suggestions beyond checking fuses? And I tried another headlight switch I had laying around, no help.

One other thing I forgot to mention, when the dash lights went out, I heard a click. I found a blown 20 Amp fuse, replaced it with a new one, but no luck.

So, I have noticed that I have no exterior lighting, only head lights. I have no running lights, tail lights, or license plate light. My guess is that something shorted out on the dash control panel? Anyone know how to remove the instrument cluster so I can look at it and/or replace it?
  • fenridfenrid Member Posts: 1
    I have a 98 blazer that I bought recently. On the first heavy snow, I found out that not only does the 4wd not engage, but now I'm stuck in what appears to be 2wd lo transfer. The switch lights originally would indicate 2wdhi, but now I have no lights except a quick all light flash when I first turn on the ignition. I tried disconnecting the battery without affecting it. I can't drive to a mechanic in Low,, Does anyone have a method for resetting things back to 2WDHI?

Thanks!
  • tom1955tom1955 Member Posts: 1
    Our Blazer will not shift into 4 wheel high or 4 wheel low when you press the button. The 4w high light will come on, but doesn't kick in.