Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Neon SRT-4 or Turbo Civic Si?

nitrousxlnitrousxl Member Posts: 12
edited July 2014 in Honda
How reliable is the Dodge Neon SRT-4? 0-60 in 5.6 secs seems incredible for such a cheap car, but my mom had a regular Neon and it broke down after about 40K miles. Is the SRT any different? The 06+ Honda Civic Si is more expensive and does 0-60 in 6.3, but the interior, exterior, and handling seem better. Has anyone tried the GReddy turbo? Would it allow the Civic to beat the Neon?

Comments

• okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    there are some nice neons at carspace. stock neon with a few external mods will net you 300hp. check out orangesrt4 carspace and see what you think. :shades:
  • nitrousxlnitrousxl Member Posts: 12
    Looks cool but the Si seems like a better platform to handle all the power (with the LSD, electric steering and wider tires). Still wondering about the SRT-4's reliability (although I doubt it would beat a Honda) and the Civic's 0-60 time with the turbo.
  • carmaxsrt4carmaxsrt4 Member Posts: 4
    I would look hard hard at the srt bud. i am a car sales man by trade i have sold honda for 2 years and dont get me wrong the si is a fast car but my 05 SRT4 eats civic (even turbo si's) up all day long. the srt4 is not even in the same weight class for a civic. the srt4 is in a class with evo VII's and sti"s. the srt was built to be a rally car is ias not mean to be a luxury car. the int. is very basic. exti. is ok but lots of great kits out their. but for raw power the srt has 260hp with 280lbs torque out of the box with a ton of mod out thier. it is a fun ride.
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    srt is definitely the stronger car. external add on mods will bring 300 plus on the dyno.
  • carmaxsrt4carmaxsrt4 Member Posts: 4
    yeah that just bolt ons. i have a friend down in tenn. who has the stage 3/4 turbo, stright pripes, and some bolts ons.(cold air. chip exc.....) and his dino's at 520hp
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Haaa, the SRT4 is not in the same class as an EVO or and STi.

Heck I haven't seen a neon at the road race course in a few years. They used to have a good setup with the ACR spec class but since then they've really fallen in terms of following, at least in terms of racing on a race course. Maybe they are good on the drag strip, not sure though.

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
  • nitrousxlnitrousxl Member Posts: 12
    Is the Neon's handling that much different from the Civic's? Also how reliable is it? My mom had a regular Neon and it broke down after 4 years.
  • allstarkid24allstarkid24 Member Posts: 1
    I have an Srt-4, i am thinking of selling it and buying an si, i am on the same boat with you, i dont really know if its worth it, but for sure if i do get an si i will turbo it
  • whitesrtwhitesrt Member Posts: 1
    Dude, the SRT-4's can dominate in a straight line and the ACR SRT-4 is a good track car, the SRT-4 won the FWD Rally ever year since, I dont know how it isnt a good track car dude.
This discussion has been closed.