Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 Chrysler Town & Country Should I Buy One

dodgeshadowguydodgeshadowguy Member Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Chrysler
Hello all , I'm thinking of buying a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country -Touring ? Is there a Curse of owning a Chrsyler verses Dodge GC? I'm A longtime Dodge owner Guy.

Known Facts: 22,900 miles, About $15,000
Looks Good, Some minor Paint Blemishes
Runs good, No Computer Codes Smells Clean)

( I Test drove another one the other day ran the A/c
Smelled Like a dirty Gym Sock comming from the Vents)

Please Advise( Nicely)

Comments

• edmunds14edmunds14 Member Posts: 1
    I think $15,000 for 06 T&C with 22,900 miles is a bit too much. Check autotrader.com and you can do better.

From what I gather in this post, Dodge Caravan is better built than T&C and has fewer problems. I wish someone provides a comparison of the two sister vehicles.
    I am in the same boat as you are and want to know if the two are comparable - I have a 92 Plymouth Voyager (Caravan family) with 170K miles and still going strong.

>> Hello all , I'm thinking of buying a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country -Touring ? Is there a Curse of owning a Chrsyler verses Dodge GC? I'm A longtime Dodge owner Guy. Known Facts: 22,900 miles, About $15,000
  • jtljjtlj Member Posts: 5
    i have an 02 caravan with only 32,000 miles on it wont start when motor gets hot i tryed to trade it in dealers only offered me 500 dollars for it beware of chrysler vans
  • jmgrojjmgroj Member Posts: 2
    My advice, if your going to buy an American car buy a ford they parts share with mazda. STAY AWAY FROM CHRYSLER
  • scoutllscoutll Member Posts: 40
    It's just like any other vehicle. You get good ones, and you get bad ones. We had a 88, 92 and 03 that went forever without a problems, the 88 had 200,000 on it when traded without problems. The 92 had 130,000 without problems, The 03 still runs strong for the current owner with almost 200,000 on it now. Our daughter and son-in-law have a 06 with 35,000 on it. It gets abused, used as a taxi for their 4 kids plus umteen neighbor kids, a nursery, pick-up truck,. whatever you can think of, and keeps right on ticking. We had a 2008 GC SXT that was quite troublesome. Traded it for a 09 Town and Country that is absolutely fantastic so far. Within our immediate family (brothers, sisters, kids, parents ect..., we have owned at least 25 Chrysler vans in the last 20 years with one bad one (the 08) and one transmission failure (my brother's 94 at about 150,000 miles). I would personally not hesitate to buy one, or recommend one. I am basing this on experience, and not something I read on a webpage, in a magazine, or in some silly journalist's blog or review somewhere. Just remember, they sell somewhere north of 200,000 of these things in a bad year (like last year). Many more in a good year. The vast majority of owners who don't have any gripes do not come on sites like this to shout about it. The few who have problems do............
  • lgradlgrad Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2006 T&C touring model with 26,000 miles purchased new in March of 2007.
    I love the Stow and Go feature. It is a very nice drving van with NO problems .
    If you are in Florida, I would show it to you and perhaps I might even sell it to you.
    This is a good time to buy a car.

lenengrad
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    My wife and I purchased an 05 GC SXT two months ago that had 57k miles on it from a soldier for $7200.00 and we just love it. It fully loaded with every conceiveable option on it, even has dual flip down dvd screens. We sold our 96 T&C after the a/c compressor failed and felt was time for a newer model vehicle and was lucky enough to find the GC on craigslist. The owner only wanted what he owed.
  • dodgeshadowguydodgeshadowguy Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to all who responded, it has been 14 months now since we bought and the only problem was the rear A/C Evap coil but it was covered under the warrenty and now it is has a recall on the same part, hopefully it was discovered with our car and started the recall,, But so far Chrysler is ok ( knock on wood )

Thanks again
  • roiegatroiegat Member Posts: 2
    We just bought a 2006 T&C and have been very happy with it. The price was around the same as you said, and the milage was around 28k. We were able to talk the dealer down around 800 dollars and my wife was able to get the fianancing rate lowered as well.

We really stuck gold with it since it has all the bells and whistles. The dvd system keeps the kids quite. The stow and go is really nice. I love the power lift gate feature since I'm pretty small for a guy. The only thing I miss is bluetooth which I had in my other car. But no biggie I'm going to get an external speaker for my iphone for that.

Overall...a great minivan.
This discussion has been closed.