Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaguar - Denso Navigation System Problems

2»

Comments

• jag_abudhabijag_abudhabi Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    thanks bdimond for the advice to claire that also gave me some insights on installing a GPS in a non nav Jag

1. what about if i get an entire working Nav unit removed from a Dead jag xj X308 (1997–2003) or X350 (2003-2007) they all seem to have a Nav unit. do you think the dimension of the xj Nav console can fit into a Xtpye dash board panel. are the radio a/c console etc..dimensions of the XJ and the x-type similar? they look similarand a like
    2. kindly recommend the model number of the double DIN radio with GPS capability that will fit exactly into the xType dash boards.
    Expound below.
    http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Jaguar_X-Type/photos-interior/s- - tereo-controls/
  • I just purchased a 2006 Jaguar X-Type Sport Wagon. It is a rare "Special Edition" unit - the only one I have ever found. Although is loaded with features, it does not have navigation. I'm told that if your Jaguar does not have either an original unit installed at the factory OR the navigation pre-wiring - also supposedly done only at the factory - you cannot do an upgrade.
    The result I want is to have a professionally installed, reliable, "integrated" type of system. Does anyone have the specialized knowledge needed to do that kind of an upgrade, or tell me what the alternatives might be?
    Michael St.James
  • my van is turning on with a fully charged battery but then turns off and drains the battery and i have changed the alternator and taken it to auto parts to check altinator and it says its fine please helppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,837
    Hi - you're in a discussion about Jaguar navigation system problems. I'd suggested heading to this Chevy Venture Problems discussion instead.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cboyettecboyette Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 Jaguar xf with a cracked nav screen the dealer said it would cost $3100.00 for new display head. do you know where I get just the screen or who can repair it.
  • stype2000stype2000 Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anyone can help me. i have had my w reg 2000 s type for just over a year. the built in sat nav has never worked. i managed to get a cd disc from a friend out of a 99 t reg s type, but when i put the disc in i get a message on the screen saying caution reading disc, and thats it.
    Is it the wrong disc bearing in mind that mine is a cd and not a dvd. or is it that my cd unit is knackered?
    i also think its a Denso but i maybe wrong.
    Any help would be great. many thanks.
    Dave
  • See this thread. If yours is a [non-permissible content removed] import marmlom's instructions in post 6 really work

http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=47737#p432267
  • gcj1gcj1 Posts: 1
    Even though this is old information it was quite helpful (thanks to Andy #26) to me with the similar failure on my 2005 Jaguar s-type. My controller part number ended in -AA. I do not know if it was the original or a replacement (Jaguar dealers were of no help). I could not find an AA for sale, but found many AB, AC, ADs that were for sale. I did find a salvage yard that would let me return an AB off of a 2003 if it did not work with no restocking fee!! I ordered the AB for $200.00 (great price if you been looking you know this was a good price). I got access by pulling the cover away, then removed 4 screws that held it in place, pulled the 4 wire plugs, wired up the AB unit, screwed into place and it worked fine. It had a disc in it and I used it.
2»