Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Aveo Steering

xerox135xerox135 Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
my 2005 aveo blew a seal and is now leaking power streering oil all over my drive way that is not coverd under the 5 year 60,000 mile warrenty the car has 41,000 mile 1,000 dallors to get fixed man that pee me off should bought a honda anybody else have this problem thanks for letting me vent

Comments

• poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    I don't think your car has a 5-year 60,000 warranty that is probably why its not covered, but I may be wrong.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    I don't think your car has a 5-year 60,000 warranty that is probably why its not covered, but I may be wrong.

No...You are correct...its 3 year, 36 K miles...The newer longer warranty began in 2006.
  • xerox135xerox135 Member Posts: 5
    no it has the 5 year 60,ooo mile power train warranty or thats what the dealer told me
    no it has the 5 year 60,ooo mile power train warranty or thats what the dealer told me

If its an 05, and he stated that, he lied...Look it up in the owner's manual. Poncho is correct.
    The book says its has a 5 year 60,000 miles powertrain warranty look it up on the net if you dont believe . It only cover motor and trans
    Looks like its time for me to eat some crow!

I went back and dug up my 2005 window sticker and it does indeed say 5 year/60K mile drivetrain warranty.

For the life of me, I would have sworn it was 3 year/36K mile. That must be for anything "non" drive train...

In any case, I am guessing that your dealer doesn't consider the power steering pump part of the drive train. Sorry ...

Oh, well, let me go warm up that crow...
    Nope the only thing it covers is motor or trans bummer
This discussion has been closed.