Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Diamante Tires and Wheels

97diamante97diamante Member Posts: 11
edited October 2014 in Mitsubishi
My 97 came with Michelin Energy tires. They developed cracks at about 35000 miles (7 years) so I replaced them with Falken ZIEX512 s. Highly recommended by Consumer Reports.
These tires sing like snow tires and look like they are going to wear out at 35-40 thousand.
Anybody have a suggestion for a next tire choice?

Comments

• mikevegas06mikevegas06 Member Posts: 272
    Try taking a look at the reviews at tirerack.com

Also, I've had very good experiences with BF Goodrich tires. They're reasonably priced and are of good quality IMO.

good luck
  • 97diamante97diamante Member Posts: 11
    Hey you people, what's the biggest/fattest 16" tire you have installed on stock rims and stock "backspacing" I.E. no spacers???
  • gregsavetgregsavet Member Posts: 8
    I have been looking for some new rims and tires I want to put atleast 20's on it cause am upgrading every website I go too says that they will not fit. My cousin has universal lug 20' s on his caddy I tested it they fit no rubbing has anyone else upgraded to larger rims? If so what size did you go too.
  • capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    You can be reasonably sure that if 20" wheels would fit, the retailers would be all over this - lots of money to be made.

I suspect there are interference problems and they occur under extreme suspension compression - something the average guy wouldn't know how to check for.
This discussion has been closed.