Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln MKS New Owner Reports

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
Got a new MKS? Share your first impressions here.

Comments

• sardonesardone Member Posts: 5
    I took delivery of my leased MKS 1 month ago and currently have driven it 500 miles. It is Cinnamon with the Light Camel interior, the Ultima and Tech packages and 19" wheels.I decided to lease the MKS for 2 years because I felt it offered the best bang for the buck but wanted to have the opportunity to evaluate the EcoBoost engine when it becomes available. I love this vehicle! I feel it has adequate power and an excellent ride. I didn't choice the vehicle because I wanted a Sport Sedan but because I wanted a Luxury Sedan and I have not been disappointed in my selection.
  • xando05xando05 Member Posts: 42
    I took possesion of my MKS the first week of October. I've driven approximately 1000 miles so far without any issues.
    I haven't owned an American made vehicle since 1997 and so far I've been impressed with the overall quality of the Lincoln, especially the fit and finish. My Lincoln was built during the month of June 2008, so it was probably one of the first vehicles off the production line.

RIDE: The MKS ride beautifully! The MKS is very smooth and quiet. It absorbs bumps like a champion. I was skeptical at first about the ride, especially with the 19" tire specifications. After two separate test drives I was convinced that Lincoln softened the suspension to create a luxurious and stable ride with 19" wheels. I would've preferred the 18" wheels but they are hard to find, plus the car weighs over 4000lbs and 18" wheels might've been a little to small for such a large car. The 20" wheels are beautiful, but they cost a lot more, and I was really nervous about how soft the car would ride on rough surfaces.

TECHNOLOGY: The best I've ever seen in a car. Bar none. The Sirius Travel Link is amazing. I have so much more to learn, even after a month of ownership. The system is very user friendly and easy to master. The SYNC system is a pleasure and very versatile. I really need to spend more time in the vehicle to really appreciate the benefits of the SYNC system. The sound system is superb. The THX surround sound will make you smile everytime you turn it on. The turn by turn navigation works perfectly taking me where I want to go.

Interior: Very spacious. Very supple leather seating surfaces. The seat heaters work well except for the fact that the system is a little loud on the maximum setting. Some of the interior plastic trim and controls should be of better quality especially for a car of this level.

Exterior: I chose black and so far I've been very happy with the paint color. When you shut each door, you do get a good feeling that you bought a heavy, quality built car.

Handling: The car handles very well for a large vehicle. It feels pretty tight around turns especially highway on-ramps and off ramps.

Brakes: No complaints so far. Straight and solid stops at all times.

Power/Transmission: The engine shifts smoothly under most conditions. The downshifts are a little more pronounced, but it could also be the fuel pump shutting off.(a special economy feature of the MKS when you lift your foot off of the accelerator). The car has a decent amount of power, especially torque on the lower end. While traveling up steep grades through the Rocky mountains of Colorado outside of Denver, the MKS requires a good amount of pedal pressure to conquer the hill. A few more horsepower would be the icing on the cake.

I wish I could comment on more of the vehicle's features, but I haven't spent a lot of time "playing" with all the buttons.
  • adrianmksadrianmks Member Posts: 1
    I leased my MKS in September of this year and since I have had it when the brake is applied there is a scrapping sound as if the rotors or brakes are bad. After taking it to the service center they tell me nothing is wrong with the brake system. I have taken it back at least three different times and no solution.

Has anyone else out there experienced this problem?

Other than that the car is incredible, but I think safety should be the first priorty.
  • displacedtexandisplacedtexan Member Posts: 364
    ...but I think safety should be the first priority.

I agree, but other than the noise, have you noted any problems with actual brake performance?
  • brucelincbrucelinc Member Posts: 815
    Someone posted about this on another site and indicated that there was a service bulletin on it. I would check with another dealer.
  • ccardamoneccardamone Member Posts: 4
    My Friend bought the MKS in September and has about 2,500 miles on it. She wants to dump due to the fact that she can't find a comfortable position with the steering wheel and it is causing her arm and shoulder pain. Back to the dealer several times with no relief. I'm also tall and I felt cramped inside the driver seat. She wants me to find out how she can get out of this 3 year lease and get back to the Chrysler 300. My friend is a realtor and LIVES in her car and this is causing lots of problems. Any ideas?
  • rovertechrovertech Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 MKS that I picked up in Nov. It has 2000 miles on it an the same noise started about a week ago - at first it came and went. Over the holiday the grinding noise got extrememly loud when hard breaking or applying brakes while turning - it sounds like it is really damaging the brakes/rotors. I have called roadside assistance and they will be here shortly to flatbed it to a dealer. My locks are also malfunctioning. First American Car I have driven in over 15 years - the last one was an Mark7. I have been in Merc., BMW, and SAAB since. Thought I would try to do my part - I hope the problem is resolved quickly as I am in a 39 month lease and I thought I was going to love this Lincoln!
  • rovertechrovertech Member Posts: 2
    Have you resolved your brake issue yet? My dealer has told me the same thing - NOTHING WRONG - the noise is unbearable when it occurs and clearly has you doubt the safety of the car - as I am sure you are aware - what is your current status with having Ford/Lincoln resolve the issue?
  • hlee1947hlee1947 Member Posts: 4
    Love my MKS ultimate AWD, but the radio goes off and the audio may be off for a whole day or just a few minutes. It will come back on with a screeching sound or a loud bang similar to a gunshot. Ford promised a fix during jan 09 and this has been going on since Nov 08. any help out there???
  • techwiztechwiz Member Posts: 3
    I have the same issue. I have taken my brake issue to the dealer 4 times and they acted on some type of similar service alert and that did not work. They also lubed my struts (issue still there). So far with my MKS, the lock rods have stopped working on both sides of the front (2 dealer visits). This is the problem where you press the unlock button and it automatically locks. I also had the back of my front seats fall off into the laps of my kids while driving (2 more dealer visits). I had a BMW 2006 750i and thought I'd give American cars a try. Overall, the car is great if they can just fix this break issue. I have sent two letters to Ford's Board of Directors and Public relations to tell them there is an issues with their brakes. Hopefully, they will figure something out soon. :
  • rahcrahc Member Posts: 1
    On the first week the back locks did not work took a month to fix, then horn did not work, GPS turns off, ac, radio the whole screen gets stuck, and seat belt slides up. I had this car for 6 months and more things go wrong :sick: . I don't want this car its to much trouble.
    Could this be a lemon, :lemon: what could I do?
    Has any one had similar problems and where they corrected?

Help please,

Thanks in advance
  • ram88ram88 Member Posts: 1
    My wife has been driving this for 7-8 months total 10k miles and absolutely no issues with the car.
  • rlsrljrlsrlj Member Posts: 13
    There is not a thing wrong with my new MKS. It's a 2009 and and is just like brand new, but I really do not need such a large car. I am wondering how much I could get for it. It only has 9000 miles and is loaded with every option. I leased it for 39 months-at this point pay-off is around 38,000. Does anyont think I will get close to this? Thanks!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    You might try asking this over in the Smart Shopper Forum. There is a topic for Real-world trade in values. Although you're trying to sell outright, you might get a good ballpark figure asking there.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ee9c851/38309
  • reffsreffs Member Posts: 2
    I just got a 2009 MKS. I have 3500 km on it. (Canada)
    It has been wonderful to drive. Powerful, sure footed and technologically impressive.

I have had one problem. the subwoofer sounds like it is loose. My home theatre sound system booms. This one vibrates and rattles. The dealer staff say there is nothing wrong with it but there is. I don't want to sound like some "suped up" '85 honda. Anybody have this experience?
  • mikemartinmikemartin Member Posts: 205
    Sorry to hear of all the problems you guys are having with your new Lincoln MKSs.

This just proves the adage that if you want reliability, get a Lexus or Acura.

The shame is that Lincoln is charging 40k to 53k for a dressed up Taurus (same car).
  • freddy500freddy500 Member Posts: 1
    Hi;
    New to this forum.Why? cause I purchased an 2009 MKS and ready for the "nuthouse"
    I too have the grinding noise problem with the brakes at 900 miles.
    1-Front brake pads changed and rotors cut. no change
    2-Rear brake pads changed and rotors cut. no change But it does not happen all the time but when it does it feels like the car is falling apart.
    I go a few days with no problem then it starts so I run to the dealer with it the mechanic takes it and it doesn't act up.
    I wonder if their listening up there?
    Hello Freddy,

I wronte to the office of the president and they said they had a new type of brake pad out. They put those "new" brake pads on my car about five months ago and for about three months the break issue went away. Some five months later I am right back to where I started. When I first reported this problem, I brought my car back and forth to the dealer 12 times only to get the "we did not hear anything" story. I just don't have the time to start that again. I have come to the conclusion that while Lincoln now has a very goold pound-for-pound contender, the car falls shorts with the breaking system. The breaks work fine; however, the possible repurposing of an older system into this new auto architecture is just a miss. The breaks are mushy and make noise "mostly" during the first 15 mintues of a cold start. In cold weather the problem is componded 10X. I still love the car but when my lease is up, this is the one sticking issue that might stop me from getting another.
  • quiltingalquiltingal Member Posts: 10
    Can any of you owners of the 2010 MKS, tell me how the security approach lamps in the side mirrors work?
    I know that they come with the smaller blind site mirror, but just wondering what and when the light in the mirrors come on.

We're going to look and test drive one in about a week, but figured if anyone had one, they would know more than the sales people.
  • fluffypuppyfluffypuppy Member Posts: 1
    My Lincoln 2009 MKS has 18000 miles in it; I had an oil leak from leaking seal. I needed to take back my car 3 times to the service when they finally found it and fixed. The car is slow and underpowered. Overall, the performance and quality as well as the service fall short. I take back my car severall time to the dealership was told me that the car is ok, but when I tried to get up on the hill the car stopped, and the engine roared, so I had to swith back the shift manually in order to get up on the hill, that should be happen with the most cheappest car on hte market, and the Lincoln not the cheapest. :lemon: :sick:
  • heiny1heiny1 Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 09 Lincoln MKS with the same brake problem. I know your reply is over a year old. Anything new??

Thanks!
    Hi, yes. about one month ago I received a call from Lincoln corporate and they told me that a new set of brake components were created for the MKS to remediate the issues. Those components were installed on my car and I no longer have the issues. You should go back to your Lincoln dealer and tell them that you heard there are new brake components for the MKS to stop the sticking and noise and they should know what to do. The correction is based on your complaints and only your compliant will get you the fix since this is not a recal.
  • kargkarg Member Posts: 20
    I really find it quite amusing when people make the comment the Lincoln models are just "dressed up Fords".

Um - hello - Lexus dressed up Toyota...

Um - hello - Acura TL - dressed up Honda...

Um - hello - Infinity - dressed up Nissan...

Um - hello - Cadillac - dressed up Chevy/Buick/Olds/Saturn/GMC...

They ALL do it!

The issue I have is making it sound like the 2010 Taurus or even 2009 Taurus is a BAD car. Nothing could be further from the truth!

I just saw an early model of the Caddy's SRX and chuckled at how similar it looked to the Saturn Vue. Or - how about the Caddy of the 80's that was basically a Cavalier with leather and different headlights/tailights - need i say more.

Same with the older Lexus, Acura, Infinity of yore. They were all VERY similar in look/style to their sister cars from Toyota, Honda & Nissan.

I do think the Lincolns of yore at least stood out a little more in style and not just different front/back ends. Often the 'newer' engines debuted in the Lincoln and carried down to the siblings.
  • ray89ray89 Member Posts: 3
    Any one else have this problem? There are no seals at the bottom of the doors and dirt and debris form on the interior of the rear doors. My dealer says they havent heard of this problem, but admit it is a poor seal. they have added stick on rubber seals, but they wont hold out the water or dust either. They checked and could find no recalls on this issue.
    I also have the brake problem.
    The brake grinding issue has been solved. There is finally a TSB on it that works so see your dealer for that.

The way the doors/rocker panels are designed may be the worst idea I have ever seen on a Ford product. The advantage is that it is easier to get in and out - no rocker panel to bump your ankle on. You have pointed out the drawback - dust & debris forms between the bottom seal and the seals to the interior. You can fix the problem but you will have to do it yourself.

Go to any auto parts store and get some weather stripping tape - 3M brand is good. You will need the 3/4 thick stuff that is also 3/4 inch wide. The outside edge of the rear doors have a good rubber seal but it stops before it reaches the seal at the bottom of the door. Start there with your weatherstripping tape and carefully apply it until it reaches the seal at the bottom of the door. It needs to make a curve to go from the vertical rubber on the outside of the door to the horizontal rubber on the bottom. I did this to mine 2 years ago and it solved the problem neatly and completely.
  • mksowner2mksowner2 Member Posts: 2
    Old issue. Ford knows about it. I learned Ford tells the service reps to tell customers that's it normal, and safe. I raised holy _____, got someone's attention, the regional rep got involved, the worked on the rotors, etc, etc., and the prob went away. Ford misdesigned the whole thing. They want the complainers to quietly go away, and then redesign the brakes in a couple years. The MKS is a horrible, horrible automobile, and Ford knows it.
  • mksowner2mksowner2 Member Posts: 2
    The 2010 MKS, and likely the other model years from what I have recently read, is just simply a horrible automobile. The front suspension is an unbelievable disaster. It detects every little imperfection in the road, and transmits it to the driver in a way the is almost painful and results in tremendous driver's fatique.

When new, this problem didn't exist. Over time, it developed and got worse, to the point where I hate getting in the vehicle. I much prefer driving my daughter's Jeep Grand Cherokee.........That must tell you something. Every little bump in the front right is grossly exaggerated, and those folks who ride in the car suggest it could be the wheel bearings, the swing arms, the bushings, etc, etc. Manhattan Lincoln in Rockville, MD said nothing is wrong with the vehicle, although they admit the phenomenon is there. Appparently, the vehicle is poorly designed. My friends who have driven in it swear they will never get a Lincoln as long as they live. Ford apparently doesn't know what to do about it, and is conspicuously silent. The last problem I had with the vehicle was the breaks, and that is a whole different story.

I and others hate this car. The front suspension system is poorly designed, and Ford is at a loss. I love the other firmer rider cars like the BMW, and the CTS. This car, however, is the vehicle from ______. Don't buy one. I can't wait to just dump it.

Ford's reported quality control problems continue. Adios Ford.
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    edited January 2012
    I was looking at used 2010's. Are the problems still present in that model year?
    Trust me, your problems sound minor comparing my experience with 2011 Lacrosse CXS loaded. A very long list of issues and I am certain GM had taken the same stance about fixing. NOT! That GM rep was lucky I was behind the wheel. He kept saying he did not see a problem with all my issues. I snapped when I pointed up the last issue on my list, the side blind zone alert quit functioning properly. It would not let you know of presence until plus or minus 3 feet of rear bumper. I demonstrated by letting vehicles catch me and then pass. And he had the guts to say he did not see a problem with it. And my experiences with an 09 Malibu LT2 were similar. I strongly suggest staying away from any new GM products. (They had some good ones in the past, but not anymore, including Cadillac.)
    BTW, my wife has a KIA with 70K. Absolutely no repairs needed. Unless you count recent brakes, battery, tires, and wiper blades.
    I was looking at used 2010's. Are the problems still present in that model year?

I am not exactly sure what problems you are referring to. There have been some service bulletins that apply to the 2010s. That is good - TSBs help the techs quickly solve issues. The brake situation that affected MKS, Taurus, Flex, etc. is a known issue and the TSB solves that problem. The root cause was the anchor brackets that hold the calipers. The TSB calls for revised brackets - the same ones used on 2011 and later Explorers. Just replacing pads and rotors does not solve the problem in the long term.

If you purchase a used 2010, I would want to make sure it has had that Brake TSB applied. Note that there is no safety issue at all - it is simply a brake noise issue. A few Ford products, including the MKS, had an issue with the Transmission Range Sensor. Again, a known issue with a TSB. That only impacted vehicles built during a very specific timeframe.

Some 2009 MKSs had a couple of other known issues that were eliminated in 2010 - rear parcel shelf vibration when playing songs with heavy bass and rear doors that didn't lock/unlock properly. Both issues were quickly resolved and 2010s were not affected by either of those issues.

I own a 2010 and wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. I would also recommend finding one with the ecoboost engine. Lastly, I would recommend ignoring a poster who is trying to be a drama-queen.
    Thanks for reply. Why the ecoboost over the other? Looking at new pricing, unless there are major changes besides that powertrain, the pricing does not justify from what I can see.
    And looking at the build it site, there seems to be flaws in FLM's thinking. Some of the wanted features were not even listed such as the automatic cruise system. And, unfortunately, to get many of the wanted features, it includes the sunroof. I don't want no darned sunroof. And it is very unwise to package it that way because all that glass hurts CAFE numbers, especially stop and go. That glass adds a very significant weight. I don't know how much on this vehicle, but think 60's Mustang. They had the convertible, regular squared off back window, and the fastback. The fastback was the preferred for traction because that long sloping glass added 65#. It was badly needed to improve weight distribution. Even Ford knew it because in their official manual for hopping up the muscle, done in multiple steps according to your desire, one of the first steps was move the battery to the trunk, rt. side.
    The ones you mention here seem to be the most common and manged to get attention. Some other forums have more individualized items and may never get fixed, sadly.
    Drama queen? I certainly have been called that over in the Lacrosse forum. I admit it is almost unbelieveable that anyone could have so many issues. But there is little doubt that forum had GM employees trying to whip up a favorable position. First clue was when half of them disappeared just as GM was going back to work. And the final one came over an odd phrase. I've travelled around and met people from all over this country during military service, yet I'd never heard that odd phrase before, or since, except once. It came from the GM rep when he was riding in my car.
    And when I posted in that forum of the incident, that person who made it disappeared from the forum.
    I appreciate any insight, but will use with caution.
  • reffsreffs Member Posts: 2
    In Canada the Eco Boost is a $10,000 option. (approx) It is tough to justify that pricetag. Turbo isn't worth $10,000 in my opinion as I find the MKS to be well powered without it but I admit every once in a while it would be fun to have. I note they don't charge $10,000 on their other models. Just to Lincoln owners who they obviously see coming a mile away and try to milk them for every penny.
    Drama queen? I certainly have been called that over in the Lacrosse forum.

I apologize, e_net_rider! I wasn't referring to YOU as a drama-queen at all. I was referring to a poster who called the MKS a horrible automobile but didn't indicate any desire for help or advice - seemed he just wanted to whine.

The "ultimate" package has all the goodies but it does include the dual panel moonroof which you said you don't want. The adaptive cruise and parking assist are individual options. However, most people who get those also get the ultimate package so finding one without a moonroof but with adaptive cruise will be nearly impossible.

There is nothing wrong with the base engine and if you do not think the ecoboost is worth the difference in price, you could certainly scratch that off your list. The benefits are: Massively stronger acceleration, a bit better real world fuel mileage, less engine noise when accelerating or cruising (due to different gearing), less need for downshifts on hills or when passing, and just a general feeling of effortless power. The ecoboost develops its power at very low RPM - it just provides for a more luxury-oriented driving experience, in my opinion.

I totally understand your use of caution when evaluating my opinions or those of others. If you have heard of other concerns, however, I will gladly share my 2 cents. I have owned a 2010 MKS for over 2 years and I keep pretty up-to-date on Ford products.
    When someone buys a new car, it is not to create a list of defects. They will be disappointments and at each individuals capacity they will reach a breaking point.
    It seems to me the only ones bashing needlessly would be competition and those making outrageous claims of greatness while simultaneously bashing the person with trouble might likely be company employees.
    I come looking for help and I appreciate it. Thanks for your input. At this point I find it a bit difficult to pay an extra $7300 dollars to move to ecoboost +glass +active cruise +active park. Otherwise the two are very close, the cheaper having 13,000 more miles.

I hate shopping, for anything. And these big ticket items are not easily returnable.
  • ray89ray89 Member Posts: 3
    This is a follow up to my last post. My Lincoln dealer found a TSP on this problem and sent for the parts to fix it. They got all new lower seals and retainer panels for the bottom of all four doors. They were replaced under warranty. Guess what, they don't work much better than the originals. This winter slush would freeze and actually form a seal and stop further snow and slush from entering. I'm going to try fixing it with some weather stripping or any other proven suggestions from you readers, ray89
  • datagendatagen Member Posts: 107
    Hi brucelinc, this is datagen. It has been a while. Remember I got the 2009 MKS. I should have listened to you guys. That car tuned out to be such a disappointment. The painted faded in the doors to where they had to repaint them. The bearings, steering, brakes, and heating elements in the seats all went out. What broke the camel's back was the transmission. At 27,000 miles it started leaking. I turned the vehicle in 4 months early just to get rid of it. Worst than all of this was the dealer service. It was so bad I started taking it to a Ford dealership. I had a MKZ which was much better but I was so burnt by the way I was treated at the dealership, I tuned the MKZ in early as well. I took a different turn altogether now and so far so good, :shades: .
    Yes, I remember you - if I recall correctly, you were one of the first owners. Sorry to hear of all your issues. I am really surprised about the faded paint. Also, the heated seat problem is unusual. They use a heat pump system for the heating and cooling and I haven't heard of any problems with that. I have heard of PTU leaks on the 2009 AWD models but haven't heard of any transmission leaks. In any case, you had too many issues for anyone to maintain confidence in the car.

I don't blame you for moving on.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    from Helena Motors. The original driver was an executive of Ford Motor Credit Corp in California who drove it 7800 miles. Helena Motors bought it last April at the SW Auction.

If there were any issues with this Ruby Red sedan, they were solved when the Ford Exec drove it first. After taking delivery, we drove up to Banfff, Lake Louise, Jasper, & down to Kamloops on our way into WA. We covered over 2,000 miles in Nine days with nary a problem.

The brakes are very quiet when using them while NOT in cruise control, but braking with the CC on, there is a difference in the sound and feel.

This is our 4th Lincoln since 1980 & it is the best. The others were Town Cars & we are keeping the 94 Signature as it only has 153,000 on it.

When the wife got adamant about wanting AWD for snowy roads, I sought out the SHO, but when she sat in it, we looked further & came to agree on the MKS. (Confidentially, I was afraid if we didn't buy the MKS she might come home with some foreign AWD.)

Luxury ride with power to spare. :)
    The 2011 has two lights in the trunk, puddle lights under the side mirrors, but not one light under the hood. How come?

When putting the directional lever in "D" - the parking brake does not automatically release like it does on our '94. How come?
    No light under the hood because they ran out of bulbs. You have ambient lighting in the doors, cupholders, footwells and even cool lights that proclaim LINCOLN when you open the doors. :)

Imagine your 4 year old grandson alone in your MKS with the engine running while you run back in the house to grab a forgotten item. Playing around, as 4 year olds do, he puts his innocent little foot on the brake and puts the gear selector in "D." His little foot slips off the brake and onto the throttle, unleashing the massive low-end torque that your twin-turbo engine produces. Aren't you glad you set the parking brake and it stayed set?
    " grandson alone in your MKS with the engine running

The above is the real issue. Leaving your car with the engine running is the cause of the crash, not a kid left alone in the car. Another red herring from your compouter. ;)
    And do set that parking brake!
    2 reasons. First, several years ago, I believe it was Ford, released an internal type memo stating they had found not using the parking brake was causing dry starts in drive train components. That would be everything from the parking pawl in tranny out toward wheels. The main shaft bearings in tranny, differential gears, output bearing, CV shaft joints, etc. Any forces against those components from a slight incline while parked forces lubricant from the contact points of those load bearing items. So it is a good idea to set parking brake before releasing foot brake once parked.
    I've also discovered that it is a bit of a challenge for my wife to use both feet at the same time ;).
    The other reason, many years ago a local Chrispy Creme almost had an extra wide entrance at the front. wife went inside and one of my daughters pushed the stick into neutral. The decline decreased closer to the building so after rolling from the far side of the lot it slowed and stopped just a couple of feet short of contact.
    SET THE PARKING BRAKE!
    CTS, huh! My experience told me GM has horrible seats that after short ownership you start to feel heat wires and whatever else is under thin padding such as support frame. Shopping my way out of 2011 Lacrosse CXS, I went to Caddy dealer. Sitting in one, it felt OK at first. I bounced heavily on seat quite a few times and could begin to feel the same stuff. $80K Caddy! Next I sat in new Chrysler 300. Same thing. Read professional reviewers comments on seats designed for heating and cooling and you find they don't like the seats for reason of comfort. Of the lot, my MKS seats are the best.
    As to suspension, from the low end to the high end, it is difficult to match road to the vehicle suspension. Heavier vehicles tend to be more forgiving with smoothness.
    My experience, top Cherokee seats are quite nice for comfort and handles bumpy road rather nice, but you need to corner much slower for roll. Vehicle is high up.
    11 Lacrosse CXS with touring package. First GM to use hyper-strut maybe and it had electronic suspension. Even though it weighed over 4400 pounds, it only rode smooth on smooth road. There were times I thought the no touring, Michelin equipped, rode smoother and quieter. But there was no doubt the steering control was better with hyper-struts & touring package. Yet some interstate had enough surface imperfection that rear sway would be induced forcing a constant adjusting of steering wheel for straight travel. Putting electronic suspension into "touring" would stiffen enough to stop rear sway most of the time but also make ride harsher. "Touring" position would have better been named "sport" because it stiffened suspension.
    And that electronic suspension?, it's likely the same as CTS. As to it in newer MKS, no experience. I think it is a good idea, but not totally proven to me. I'd put load leveling ahead of it.
    And I'm rather sure that a smooth ride can't be guaranteed with it until they have a sensor ahead of each tire that can determine how that wheel should act when it contacts that patch of road.
    BTW, tires harden with age and use. Have you changed tires? What are on the vehicle?
  • brookse1brookse1 Member Posts: 2

@techwiz said:
    I have the same issue. I have taken my brake issue to the dealer 4 times and they acted on some type of similar service alert and that did not work. They also lubed my struts (issue still there). So far with my MKS, the lock rods have stopped working on both sides of the front (2 dealer visits). This is the problem where you press the unlock button and it automatically locks. I also had the back of my front seats fall off into the laps of my kids while driving (2 more dealer visits). I had a BMW 2006 750i and thought I'd give American cars a try. Overall, the car is great if they can just fix this break issue. I have sent two letters to Ford's Board of Directors and Public relations to tell them there is an issues with their brakes. Hopefully, they will figure something out soon. :

You can't differentiate between "break" and "brake" but you have a 750. I get these car depreciate like cr*p and getting it used means it costs as much as a new Chinese econobox, but if you're going to pretend to be a car expert (which no one is BTW), get past grade 10 grammar. Thanks.

• brookse1brookse1 Member Posts: 2

@karg said:
    I really find it quite amusing when people make the comment the Lincoln models are just "dressed up Fords".

Um - hello - Lexus dressed up Toyota...

Um - hello - Acura TL - dressed up Honda...

Um - hello - Infinity - dressed up Nissan...

Um - hello - Cadillac - dressed up Chevy/Buick/Olds/Saturn/GMC...

They ALL do it!

Why stop there? The 3-series BM-POS is the base for the other cars. The Mercedes-C-rap... same thing. Ever see an Audi A-series? All garbage. Unless you spend $70,000 for Eurotrash you get just that. Wish Ford made a $70,000 car to compete with these cars. (Oh wait, they did: the Ford GT that hands EVERY $200,000 Eurotrash car its [non-permissible content removed]....) Ford does a good job for the price, and in some cases, a great job. But they need to keep pushing Lincoln up.