Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Project STI

blacksti666blacksti666 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Subaru
Whats up subaru crew so i am working on project sti its got some modifications; fmi, 3inch downpipe, cat back exhaust, boost controller, cold air intake, bov. I have a 20g turbo ready for installation and working on fuel injectors and fuel pump and a racing clutch if u have any comments or different ideas let me know just want a lil quicker so i can beat mr. big mouth srt4 which shouldnt be hard pushing about 450 to the crank 400 to wheels. Please help thank you. :-)

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Sounds pretty sweet - got any pics yet?

300+ hp not enough for ya? :D
  • blacksti666blacksti666 Member Posts: 4
    ya i got some exterior pics but i need some help with the fuel injectors cuz i dont wanna go to big. 300s enough but i dont wanna lose to a neon lol
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Well let's see. I see no mentions of a few key items...

Suspension
    Tires
    Brakes
    Driver Training

Before even putting 1hp extra on an STi one, should seriously consider the above items. They will help you to become a far faster and safer driver w/o even cranking up the power. This is how I run laps around STis, EVOs, etc at the track with my 05 LGT WAGON. :)

If you want specifics, I can get into details of what should be done in the above areas.

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
    ya i got some exterior pics but i need some help with the fuel injectors cuz i dont wanna go to big. 300s enough but i dont wanna lose to a neon lol

If you are slower than an SRT4 with a stock STi, you seriously should look into some driving lessons on track at an Auto-x or HPDE in your area.

-mike
  • blacksti666blacksti666 Member Posts: 4
    of course i have it off the line but the srt4 has 10 grand in it so of course ill lose if i even have some peformance parts he runs low 12s right now i ran a 13.2 with the sti. So i dont think its the driving skills but thanks for ur help.
    Like I said, how about some suspension and brake upgrades....

-mike
This discussion has been closed.