Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Genesis Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    I've been quoted close to $6,000 off MSRP for a 2010 V8 with Tech. The MSRP with a few accessories was about $43,900. I think I would also be able to get few Genesis Badges thrown in as well. 2 different dealers were fine with $38,000 +TT&L.
  • vikkvikk Member Posts: 2
    which two dealerships did you go to get 38000 plus tt&l. ??
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    Napletons and Coconut Creek.
  • 67896789 Member Posts: 5
    cars57:
    How are you liking your Genesis purchased in April?
  • momof3girlzmomof3girlz Member Posts: 6
    I cannot find one of these in the DC Metro area. Help!
  • katethegreat03katethegreat03 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I have been searching for a new car and would appreciate any help any of you could provide me with.

I was given an offer from a dealer here in Texas for a 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T base model with automatic transmission with about 13 miles on it. The MSRP on the manufacturer sticker says $24,440. The salesman offered me $21,600 OTD. I do not have a trade-in and will be paying cash in hand.

Should I take the offer or continue to haggle?

Thanks for the help!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    edited August 2010
    OTD is a worthless number to compare car deals on a national forum since we have no idea what taxes, doc fees, and registration fees are included in the price. The only number that people can do an apples to apples comparison with is the selling price of the car.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • calvindawhitecalvindawhite Member Posts: 4
    Took competitive car discount thing ($1500 less)

2300 down, 390 monthly.
    including tax and etc.

Great car: quiet, fast, and fairly luxurious.
  • mcshavemcshave Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2010
    I am negotiating with a dealer on a used 2011 Sonata V6 with only 1200 miles on it. Apparently the prior owner had owned BMWs before and thought he would switch over but regretted the decision, hence the very low mileage. As far as I can tell it is all base with no option packages installed.

We are currently at $25,900 (just for the car, doesn't include tax, title, etc) in our negotiations and the dealer seems to be digging his heels in at this price. I can't find used car data for the car since it is a 2011 model. What do you all think of this price, would you pull the trigger?

Thanks!
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    edited October 2010
    You're not really considering paying $25,900 for a USED SONATA, are you? Base, with no options? They sell bridges cheaper than that, don't they? Did you really mean used Genesis?
  • richt5richt5 Member Posts: 43
    Found an ad online from Lakeland Hyundai fl. 2010 - new genesis 4.6 base model for $32998.00 . Called dealer last sunday, talked to a girl - internet manager. Explained Ad and asked for a price, she said give her a few minutes , she would call back. Almost a week goes by no call back. So yesterday I call again , ask for internet manager, I get this guy , explain the situation , he says the girl I talked to does not even work in sales , but he will take care of me. Again I told him about the ad, model I wanted and I wanted a price. He said no problem, call you back in a few minutes. 5 hours later he calls back, we sold that car in the ad , but I have quite a few for $43900.00.I asked if he did a search for a base 4.6 , he says oh ya we are working on it . I said it only takes 5 minutes or less-- not 5 hours. No reply. I told him I found 3 base 4.6 in Florida while I was waiting for him . No reply. Then he says oh ya it was kind of a promotion on the 4.6 in the ad. I said you mean you never had that car for sale at that price. No reply. So dont go to Lakeland Hyundai in Fl.----- Im working my own 3 leads on the 4.6 sedans I found. Thanks for your patience.
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    There aren't any V6 2011 Sonatas. Did you mean a used Genesis since this is the Genesis forum?
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    Sorry, as you guessed I meant a V6 Genesis. I had been looking at Sonatas prior so I guess it is still on my mind.
    Yes, sorry, the car I am looking at is a V6 Genesis.
  • jim407jim407 Member Posts: 2
    did you buy the car? if so, how much you paid before TTL

I am looking for 2011 Genesis with Tech pkg

thanks
  • obewanobewan Member Posts: 8
    Test drove a 2011 Genesis base model today and loved the car. Window sticker is just over 33K, after negotiating dealership offered 28,500 + 3% tax and 695 doc fee. Total price would be $30,050. Anyone aware of a any better deals in the North Carolina area?
  • donb1donb1 Member Posts: 49
    Just looked at a fully loaded 3.8 at City Auto Park in Burlington NJ. It had the whole list of goodies plus it had a custom grill with the winged Genesis symbol (ala Bentley). The symbol was also on the trunk and steering wheel replacing the H. It was a beautiful but the sticker was almost $42K. I think I will scale down my search but would love to find out where to get the winged Genesis symbol
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    You can buy it off ebay like most others have.
  • pc_genesispc_genesis Member Posts: 6
    goto koreanautoimports dot com...u will find what u r looking for and much more

:)
  • minghiminghi Member Posts: 24
    wow... thats cheap.. just curious, which zip code's have the cheapest priced genesis
  • hudsonbuffhudsonbuff Member Posts: 1
    Retired life permits lots of time to shop and research automobiles and
    dealerships. In early September, I logged on to Alexandria Virginia Hyundai dealers web site and explored their inventory. Found a Genesis V6 MSRP $33.8K that was color I wanted. Called number and asked for person listed as POC for e price. Short negotiations over the
    phone and drove it home with all paperwork done in three hours from
    picking up the phone. OTD price was $29K even. Left on trip to Indiana.
    At 2000 miles it showed average speed of 66.8 mph and average of 28.5 mpg. Very satisfied with ride and drive. Recommend car and
    dealer.
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    That's a fantastic OTD price. What did you pay for the car before TT&L? If you got out the door for $29K, it must have been somewhere around $26.5K for the car, correct?
  • arboledaarboleda Member Posts: 2
    Bought the 2011 4.6 in black on black. Paid $41,400 including destination plus TTL in Lindon Utah. I didn't qualify for either of the $1500 rebates. I thought my price was OK though not great. I'm in love with the car :)
    What's the best purchase price anyone has gotten on a 2011 V6 Genesis sedan. Looking to purchase in the next 3-4 months. May also go with lease, if changing mind about getting new Sonata.
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    If your decision is not yet cast in stone you should take a look at the 2011 Buick Lacrosse CXS (with touring package). The exterior design is fresh, elegant and contemporary while the combination of tech, quality of materials and luxury features are admirable. When shopping I looked at the Genesis but the interior styling was too staid and the rear-wheel drive in the snow belt was a no-no.
    I live in Savannah, GA so snow will not be a problem for me. Also, while I like what Buick has done with it's Lacrosse, I just can't see myself ever driving a GM product again. It's more so the small warranty and the not so caring service dept. But it is a great looking car, just doesn't look better than the Genesis to me.
  • harrybush00harrybush00 Member Posts: 76
    I'm in the LA area and paid ~$36.5 for a 2011, V8 sedan. There was still a $1000 LA auto show rebate, which played a big part in speeding up my decision.

check out my blog!
    http://mygenesisblog.blogspot.com/
  • firegarzfiregarz Member Posts: 2
    I have a comment, that could possibly also serve as advice for some. I am the owner of a 2009 Hyundai Genesis. Even when my vehicle hasn't been bad to me (I had my fair share of problems, but that is beyond the scope of this forum), my dealership experience has been worse than awful. I paid around forty thousand dollars for this car, but when I go back to my delaership (HUB HYUNDAI WEST in Houston), I am treated like the owner of a fifteen thousand Hyunday Accent. The waiting room is a 10X10 rat cage, with the most uncomfortable chairs you can ever imagine, and no entretainment whatsoever. Just awful! What a far cry from the treatment that I received from my Lexus dealer (I used to have a GS300 before the Genesis). If you want "cheap", go for the Genesis. That's how your dealer will treat you. I'd rather spend a little bit extra and enjoy the next several years being treated the way I like and deserve. My last piece of advice: If you still decide to buy the Genesis, don't buy from HUB HYUNDAI. You will come to regret it eventually. Just like I did.
  • akg4yakg4y Member Posts: 22
    I just drove home a 3.6L Genesis with premium package (no nav) for $31,500 ($33k out the door) including cargo mat & net, rebadging (not including the true airbag replacement, just the decal on top of the steering logo), ipod cable, and wheel locks. I qualified for the $1500 competitor rebate but nothing else... great experience at the Williamsburg, VA dealer, dealt with Mariester but everyone there seemed really nice. Basically I emailed a bunch of dealers all around VA, MD, and NC and they gave me the best price.

One other dealer said he would beat it by $500-750 but he also claimed he could get the car/color combo or had it already and that was a flat out lie because nobody had the car I wanted for a month so I didnt trust him enough to drive 1.5 hours to find out some other surprise.

The car is awesome.
  • laziestfoolaziestfoo Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Houston, TX - Just bought a new Hyundai Genesis Coupe:

2011 Base Model
    2.0L, 4 Cyl
    Floor Mats + Trunk/Hatch Spoiler + IPod Connection Cable

Price Paid = $21,000 + $700 (Customer Advantage (ie shipping fee) Charge) + TT&L
    Got 1.9% Financing for 60 Months with $5,000 down

I thought it was a fair price, but I bet you could negotiate the shipping fee (they call it Customer Advantage) down. Just make sure you are clear that you are negotiating the price of the car plus "Customer Advantage" (ie shipping fee) at the beginning and get the salesman to write that on his sheet of paper.
  • jack616jack616 Member Posts: 10
    I just leased a 2011 Genesis sedan with premium and navigation. I will pay $339.00 per month. I put down a total of $1900 (included taxes and first month's payment). I drove the car a couple of days ago and absolutely loved it! I was between the Infiniti g37x (which I also got a $339.00 price on with $1900 total out of pocket down from Peppi Infinity) with navigation and the Genesis. The Infiniti is a sharper looking car, but I felt the pick up was better on the Genesis, has a quieter drive, and the seats are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat it. I think I did OK - I hope! :)
  • bruinftbruinft Member Posts: 8
    I noticed that a few dealers in LA still have 2010 Genesis Coupes available. Anyone have any experience purchasing a 2010 model instead of a 2011?
  • professionalrprofessionalr Member Posts: 5
    How did you get payment that low? The website advertises 399 leases on the genesis msrp at 33k.
  • jack616jack616 Member Posts: 10
    Here is a copy of a post that I made in reply to someone else that will explain:

#393 of 394 Re: Looking for MF and residual on 3.8 [binbot] by jack616
    Feb 01, 2011 (4:13 pm)
    Replying to: binbot (Feb 01, 2011 6:47 am)
    Hi. My car was 38400 and the price was brought down to 31,???. I did all of the paperwork over the phone. - (I never walked into any showroom other then to drive the cars I was considering. All of my car negotiations for the past 7 yrs for my family I have done this way and have found this way to be far less aggravating and more beneficial for me.) This is for 12000 miles a year and a 36 month lease (they don't do 39 months). The only thing that I did not like or know about was that there is a $400 fee when the lease is returned at the end of it if I do not purchase the car which I have never done - I would suggest to you that you (when all is said and done) try to negotiate that $400 off - I would have if I had known and tried to have gotten it off of the selling price (they said Hyundai has that on all of there leases).

Originally I had a price of 1500 down with a price of 394 per month (out the door price) with Lester Glenn. It was a little better then what I had gotten from other dealerships. (I had actually negotiated a better price for a 2011 Infiniti g37x of $339 a month plus $1900 down out the door price, but preferred the Genesis.)

I was lucky. It was the last day of the month and since I wanted the Genesis over the Infiniti I decided to call the sales manager, Ed Matthews, who I had spoken with before. I told him the price I had received for the Infiniti and that I preferred the Genesis and would he meet it. He asked if I would take the car that day (January 31st). I said yes and that was that! (I guess there is some truth to waiting until the end of the month!)

I cannot say enough about the sales manager, Ed Matthews, from Lester Glenn Hyundai in Toms River and the young lady Lauren Afflitto who I originally worked with. When we went to go and get the car all of the paperwork was done. AFTER all was completed, Ed told me that he had realized that he had made a mistake after he had agreed; but that it had been his mistake and that he felt compelled to honor it. (Totally opposite of how some of these dealerships work!) The dealership also will give me free oil changes and wheel rotations.

I don't know where in NJ you are, but you might do well to check them out. They were amazingly professional and incredibly nice. (After I checked out the car which looked very good, Lauren (original sales associate) was called outside by Ed. When she came back she told me that Ed was not satisfied with the job that had been done to clean the car and that he had her call the prep people to do a better job. I am a fussy person and expect a car to be perfect. He wanted it to be better then perfect!)

I hoped I answered all of what you wanted to know. Best of luck - I LOVE the car! (If you do speak with them tell them that Leslie sent you!)
  • rileydog1rileydog1 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2011 Genesis Sedan in Nov. 2010 for $43.6k out the door. I have owned BMW's for my last 3 cars, 3.0, 535 and my last was a 330 CIC. I love BMW's but when I test drove the Genesis Sedan I fell in love! (I know my friends told me I was crazy) It may not handle like a 5 series but it will blow any 5 series off the road except the M5 0-60. The GS is quiet, very quick, very comfortable and excellent sound system. The Nav system is very cool and easy to use.
    I have lost track of how many times I have been asked by passer by's if the car is a Bentley, Mercedes or a new concept car. When I tell them it's a Hyundai their jaw's drop. I have just over 3,000 miles on it and love driving it. I have taken it to Big Bear twice for ski trips and each trip I have gotten mileage of 28,5 m/g round trip. That is over 320 miles round trip. My 330 CIC bimmer never got that kind of mileage and that was a 6 cyl.!!
    Thanks to my 24 yr old son who told me to go test drive the Genesis Coupe, which I did. That was a rocket ship and way too much speed for this old guy. Even my 24 yr old loves to drive my GS and he knows cars.
    Before you blow this off cause it's a Hyundai, go test drive a V8 Sedan. It is fun and comfortable to drive. :)
  • hsudoghsudog Member Posts: 29
    Was that for the manual or automatic?
  • stcroixboystcroixboy Member Posts: 63
    Hey Rileydog, it sounds like you have been in snow a few times with your Genesis.

How does it handle with the stock tires or have you added snows?

I am in the Chicago area and would like to upgrade from my front wheel drive '07 Azera to the Genesis, but I am concerned about the rear wheel drive.

I absolutely love my Azera with zero issues in 60,000 miles but the 2011's look very much the same and the Genesis has really caught my eye.

Thanks in advance!
  • quiklabquiklab Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    I got my 2011 Genesis Sedan with Premium Nav for $32k + TTL. Dealer's MSRP is around $38k. They gave us the competitive rebate of $1,500 and 1.9% for 48 months.

Bought it from Stevens Creek Hyundai in Santa Clara, CA (around SF bay area). I used Zag.com w/ AMEX for pricing. They honored the price and on top of that, gave us the rebate and excellent financing. I recommend this dealership for anyone shopping for a Genesis.

FYI, we received quotes from other dealers and almost all of them include the competitive rebate. Just remember to ask if the price they're quoting you already include rebates. Kinda sneaky if you ask me.

Happy hunting!
  • hc106hc106 Member Posts: 10
    firegarz, you went to the wrong dealer! I bought a 2007 Azera from Baytown Hyundai and have taken it back for all routine service. It has been one of my best dealer experiences, the service department personnel are friendly, courteous and helpful.
  • mv288mv288 Member Posts: 2
    thanks for mentioning zag.com w/amex. I did not know about that. it seems quite a good site. it reduced the MSRP by $5828(including competitive rebate) and the final price is down to $32,523.

that same 48 months finance is now available at 0.9%.

as of 4/30/2011.
    I'm finally ready to buy the Genesis 3.8 with no nav. Does anyone know the factory plant employee pricing would be for a family member? Right now I have my brother checking on that for me and if anyone here knows I would be greatly appreciated for the info. Thanks
  • mssurreymssurrey Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2011
    Does anyone have any news on what deals are being had on the 2.0T G/Coupe Premium?

And does anyone know when the 2012 coupes will be coming out?

Thanks in advance
  • jordfidjordfid Member Posts: 5
    A local dealer is offering a 2010 3.8 with around 5K or 6K miles, GRAND TOURING (no sunroof) with automatic, for $22G.

Anyone have any suggestion as to what to offer, or where to finish on this one.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Other question is whether I might get a better deal on a brand new 2010?
  • jordfidjordfid Member Posts: 5
    A local dealer has a price that mandates you must finance with them, and a price that is thousands higher if I provide my own financing.

I have already arranged financing on my own, and the dealer said that they could offer the same financing kind of thing, but I don't buy it.

I just know that there is something fishy aout their posting a low ball price and hard to imagine that with the lower price I'd get the same 4.75%.

Anyone have any sugggestions?
  • mv288mv288 Member Posts: 2
    I would go with the dealers financing to get a better deal for myself and allow the dealer to offer a better deal. You can use your financing terms as a base line to negotiate better terms with the dealer.

At any rate 4.75% APR seems very high, even for 84 months. Which part of the country you are talking about?. I still see 0% APR for 36 months and 0.9% for 48 months in 95120 zip code.

Do check out zag.com for some base line pricing. For our Genesis I started at 15% lower than the zag.com price.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    you can always get a high interest rate financing with low OTD price
    Then refinance the car at lower rate.

Do the math and it may be worthwhilw.
  • rambler16rambler16 Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased a 2012 Genesis this evening priced as follows:
    MSRP. 35,050
    Sales price. 31,794
    Competitive rebate. 1,500

Net price. 30,294

Purchase from Glendora Hyundai in Glendora CA

Tried to get a 2011 which they quoted me 28,724, but they did not have a color we liked. They made the above offer on 2012 instead.

I utilized the ZAG AMEX quote and they were the lowest on the 2011 and substantially lower than anyone else on the 2012.

The sales process and professionalism of Pierce, Vince and the entire staff was unusually fantastic.
  • intrepidspiritintrepidspirit Member Posts: 662
    I visited Glendora Hyundai and ended up buying a 2012 Genesis with premium package from Win Hyundai in La Puente. The deal was as follows:

MSRP 39,885
    Purchse Price 34,015 (includes 1,500 rebate).

People were good to work with with no haggles. Price offered was approved price. Glendora personnel could not authorize price but wanted to try to match Win price by presenting to manager. There was no point in having them do so as I already had the price.
  • pensionpension Member Posts: 7
    Aah, California. Best I could do in Georgia was $35,700 for same but they gave me $29k for my 2009 MB E350 with 46k miles so I dont feel cheated. Love the Genesis, regular gas, warranty etc.
  • happycamryhappycamry Member Posts: 48
    I pulled the trigger this week and ended up very happy with 2012 3.8 with premium in white pearl and saddle for $34,410 plus TTL.

I'd like to thank the folks here for terrific buying insights that allowed me both a great price to target, and which dealer to be less likely to play games.

Several others here in Florida recommended FitzMall in Clearwater for great pricing and a clean deal, especially compared with sneaky dealings of some other Florida dealers. We drove a ways to pick it up Saturday, and, oh man, what a thoroughly pleasant and hassle free experience it actually was!

Fitzgerald has very good internet pricing at their site to start with but with the Hyundai Circle pricing or zag.com pricing, they truly deliver. You'll save another $400 or so over zag.com if you can qualify for Circle pricing, which currently has another $250 incentive plus the $1,500 competitive model rebate.

Gary is their new internet sales manager and I have to say I would have driven a full day to repeat this buying experience--by far the best in my many years of rough, tumble and sometimes bruising experiences negotiating to buy a car.

I have no connection with this dealer and could have chosen several others closer to me. Man, was it worth the drive.