Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Genesis Prices Paid and Buying Experience

12345679»

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• ncsu4ncsu4 Member Posts: 2
    Dealer offer $39,395 + 623(fee) + 1,271.40(Sales Tax).
    Is it good price?
    I really need your advice.
    Thanks
    where is the dealership you recieved this quote. Whats the name of the dealership.

Invoice on this car with dest/ charge is $ 44,215 even if you add the dealers 623 fee's your still 4k below invoice.. I would ask the dealer what rebates and incentives he added to your deal to get you to this number.

Overall it seems like a real good deal. dealer wants to sell it.

• ncsu4ncsu4 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot.
    A few hours a go, I got another offer form other dealer shop.
    They offer me exact $41,000 as OTD price.
    I think that price is still negotiable.
    ncsu

There is 3500 in incentives/ rebates on the 2013 genesis

Dealer cash................... 2000
    financing thru hyundai is 1000
    military .........................500

Make sure you have each dealer break down your deal then add these rebates to lower your offer.

You also have to figure that your buying a 1 year old vehicle. As of jan 1 2014 this car is considered a year old model.. If your genesis is stolen or totaled in a accident what is the depreciation value on a 1 yr old genesis??????? Your INS co. will deduct that value along with any deductables you have on car.. Bear that in mind when working on getting the lowest possible price..

post back pricing breakdown.

ncsu4,.................... 2013 r- Spec pricing

How did you make out with pricing. I'm curious to know what kind of pricing you finally bought at.

I'm getting pricing here in N.Y at 39k with rebates incentives included plus taxes. MSRP is 48,075 Invoice is 44,518 w dest/ charge.

• pbblimppbblimp Member Posts: 6
    I've been offered an untitled "new" 2012 4.6 Genny for 31,000 + 200 document fee. I think I just may take it, even if it is a little bit high. Not sure...

I looked at the CarFax for the car just to see what info it may have. The car's manufacture date was 10/03/2011. That makes it 2 years, 1 month old. I am presuming that the 60 mos/60K mile comprehensive warranty would be something like 35/60K. I guess I can live with that; it's still better than most other $31K car manufacturer warranties. And I've still got 95 mos/100K on the powertrain.

Here's a way off-topic question for anyone: If I do buy a car that's been on their lot for 25 months, what would I do about the engine oil -- change immediately or let it break the motor in? Actually, I'm pretty unclear about all the fluids in the car...would Hyundai be able to deny me a warranty claim if I didn't immediately have all the maintenance performed for a 2-year old car. It would seem ridiculous, but I'm not sure. (I know that the brake fluid alone needs to be changed, per a recall.)
    Sounds like a question for the dealership. I would change the oil after 3k on that car being it sat for 2 yrs. I would think oil does not break down from sitting idle for 2 years but i'm no expert.

I'm looking to buy a 2013 R-SPEC Sedan for 38k or 38.5 plus taxes..

Did you get any pricing on the rspec while in dealerships.

I'm working on a great deal for a 2013 r-spec 5.0. I have a dealer willing to sell me this car for

38,300 Plus doc fee, and taxes. Not one dealer in NEW York or jersey has come close to this price. If i could pull this off it would be close to 20% off the MSRP of 48,000. Dealers have very limited stock left and most dealerships do not have the platinum metallic color which i like.

Has anyone come close to my numbers. There is one post for this car at 39.7 k plus taxes.

I going to try and buy it this week dont want to lose out on the one color i like.

keep you guys posted

• dclivedclive Member Posts: 35
    To answer that we'd need to know the "doc fees" (aka additional dealer profit, I gather? Or are those just legally required state fees, in which case, don't include them in your posts, as you didn't...)
    NY is capped at 75. I just recieved a dealer match in new jersey but his doc's are 399.

edited November 2013
    Here is my best deal and breakdown on a 2013 r-spec 5.0 sedan Genesis
    MSRP................................48,000
    Invoice............................. 44,215
    below invoice .....................-3223
    incentives/ rebates.............-2600

Total pre tax and doc fee..... $38,392.

If i buy the black or white in New York... doc's are 75
    if i buy either gray color Genesis in NJ.. doc's are 399

Use my numbers as a buying guide for the R-spec. I'M 100% sure this is rock bottom pricing for NOV.

Hope my legwork can help you guys.

• scwells72scwells72 Member Posts: 4
    I picked up a 2013 R-Spec for $39.7K + TT&L a couple of months back. It's not surprising that folks are seeing them $1-2K lower than that now that the 2014s are actually en route.
    I seen pictures of the 2015. I dont care for the front grille. I'm sure with the upgrades to the trans and tech features it will be a better car. From what i'm hearing late spring the Genesis will be offered as a 2015 model. I go from Ny to Myrtle beach often so this car will be my new toy for a couple of years til i upgrade. So far my thoughts on the Rspec....... Quiet inside the cabin, rides nice, love the radio and is very fast.

• walt1walt1 Member Posts: 9

After looking for a couple years, finally pulled the trigger and got a 2013 R-Spec for $37K + TTL in California. Thx for everyone else posting to help get me there.

• dreamer123890dreamer123890 Member Posts: 5

Im trying to close the deal on a 2013 base 3.8. The best i am getting is the $27k range in the DFW area. Is anybody seeing any better pricing?

• sacchoe1sacchoe1 Member Posts: 1

Just Purchased a 2013 Certified Pre-owned (10 yr 100k power train warranty) base Genesis 3.8 with 26k and White Pearl color for $21,030. I had the dealer also throw in genesis badging as part of the deal. Was this a good deal? I am in California.

• bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64

Little late now that you have signed the deal to see if it was a good deal, isn't it?

• dreamer123890dreamer123890 Member Posts: 5

@sacchoe1 said:
    Just Purchased a 2013 Certified Pre-owned (10 yr 100k power train warranty) base Genesis 3.8 with 26k and White Pearl color for $21,030. I had the dealer also throw in genesis badging as part of the deal. Was this a good deal? I am in California.

Seems like a good deal to me. I purchased a 2013 base black genesis loaner with 6k miles for $26k. Got the new car warranty with it. It looks brand new. Driven a few hundred miles and love it. I dont know if i did great but i certainly like the car a lot and think its worth the money - which is pretty much what one would pay for a new camry xle or accord exl.

If someone buys the new 2015 model please post your thoughts on the Hankook tires. I'm scratching my head with the tire selection on this new genesis. Why?

• ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233

I have no problem with the Hankook tires, although I know them to be of less quality than what I would expect in my new 2015 3.8L "Ultimate" sedan. Just so nobody asks, I drove a pretty good deal into the bargain, and came away under $48K for mine with everything possible except the kitchen sink (I didn't see that on the options). The 'list' was about $50.5K and with all the goop they tried to glue on it was over $51, but I made it clear what I wanted and that I wasn't going to pay for it if it were gilded.

• dukiedougdukiedoug Member Posts: 12

I am looking at used Genesis sedans, am curious what type of mpg people are getting. Thanks

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720

@dukiedoug said:
    I am looking at used Genesis sedans, am curious what type of mpg people are getting. Thanks

Check this out:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/11146/hyundai/genesis/hyundai-genesis-real-world-mpg#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• da_ramada_rama Member Posts: 1
    Been an Infiniti owner in the last 11 years but now a Genesis AWD+tech convert. For about about 3 months, Studied and researched and waited for deals for Q70, Genesis and the GS350 as the successor to our M37 X. I'm very happy with the purchase- sticker price was $49,255 [$50,145 with dealeship B.S. add-on] but got it for $44,000. Just could not justify paying 13K more [thats if I could haggle 5k off the MSRP of 62K] for the the Q70 AWD 3.7 which was on the top of my list, and just like the GS350 AWD these 2 are comparable in specs/dimention and options with Genesis. Please do your own research the analyst in me took me to lots of data and created my own spreadsheets. I'll try not to bore you with declamation about its AWD system supplied by Austrian Magna manufacturer to its tighter premium weave carpeting . I admired Audi, MB's, or Lexus, as pioneer in the auto industry and has set the standard in many ways, I have nothing againts their owners if they have the means to pay for the pristege that comes with name recognition I'd like these company to continue to prosper I have stocks in them. I actually bought the genesis for my wife though Ive been driving it more than I expected, a good balance between the comfort she like and the sportiness this 40 year old geek myself cared about. Dont really care to impress anyone but just myself and my wife, I'm in an income bracket where mid 50k's vehicle is reasonable purchase and my last 2 had just been that, but now feel more comfortable parking next to my boss director or vice president whos driving a maxima and an ES 350, and doubles and triples my pay grade respectively [ the're really frugal]. Told them its just a Hyundai, "dont worry your not paying me too much". investing the 12k I save in retirement and college fund, planning to hand this genesis down to my son when he starts driving in 8 years where the bluelink speed monitor and geo fence will serve me will in my big brother role. Services, insurance or repair[if ever]also needs to be factored in the cost of ownership. if you are an infiti owner and have question about my infiniti to genesis experience be glad to share