Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Sterring Wheel Loose?

boston08boston08 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Oldsmobile
Hello I have a 1995 Oldsmobile Aruora That i just bought in April, Now the sterring wheel is loose it moves up and down and you can feel some play in it while driving! So i was wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a thing like this? At first it didn't pass state inspection because of the play the wheel had in it,,So the place i bought it from somehow got a sticker on it..Than he told me it was suspoes to be that way incase i got in an accident so i wouldn't be trapped in my car..I feel that is bull s*** because why would the state not have known about that? Anyways please some help here before i go back to where i bought it from and give them hell..I drive with 2 little children in the car with me..So i don't want to put them nor myself at risk for an accident..Thanks

Comments

• Options
    :( Anyone please help?
  • Options
    Ok aparently noone looks at this forum..Another wast of my time i guess
  • Options
    jlhartnettjlhartnett Member Posts: 12
    It is likely that one or both of the tilt column pins have fallen out of your steering column. It is a common problem in 95 Auroras. Look around on the floor or behind the dash to see if you can find them. They look like cylinders about the size of a dime at the ends and one end has a threaded screw hole.

Here is a link to more information on how to fix the problem:

loose steering wheel

It's really not a hard job once you get into it. I had the problem about a month ago.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your reply.. =)
This discussion has been closed.