Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Explorer Sport Alarm system is going off for no reason.

sport624sport624 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in Ford
Yesterday my 2001 Explorer Sport's alarm system went off for no reason. I used my key-fob to turn it off but when I released the button it went right back on. This happened in a parking lot during the mid-day sun. This has never happened before. I thought it was just a fluke, but this morning - EARLY THIS MORNING - at 3:49 AM EST my alarm woke me from a sound sleep - as it must have for the entire neighborhood!
I had to disconnect the battery to shut it off.
Is there a problem with aging Ford Explorer Sport alarm systems going off for no apparent reason? If so, what can be done by an neophyte repairman?

Comments

• irishgirl85irishgirl85 Member Posts: 1
    Last night my alarm started going off for no reason. I disarmed the vehicle then re-armed it; again and again. I tried locking it internally instead of from the key-fob but the darn thing just kept triggering. 24 hours later i have had enough! Going to the Ford dealer in the morning for an explanation. Keep ya posted!!!
  • goody32goody32 Member Posts: 1
    I just recently purchaced a an excellently running 1994 ford explorer w/ all time 4x4, manual stick, fully loaded.
    Sometimes i see a theft light from time to time. Is this a factory alarm, and if so, how do i work it? I was not given a remote at purchace.
  • sport624sport624 Member Posts: 2
    7 months ago, I asked this question... Edmunds has yet to answer my question, and I am certain I have not been alone in having this problem>>>

My 2001 Explorer Sport's alarm system went off for no reason. I used my key-fob to turn it off but when I released the button it went right back on. This happened in a parking lot during the mid-day sun. This has never happened before. I thought it was just a fluke, but this morning - EARLY the next MORNING - at 3:49 AM EST my alarm woke me from a sound sleep - as it must have for the entire neighborhood!
    I had to disconnect the battery to shut it off.
    Is there a problem with aging Ford Explorer Sport alarm systems going off for no apparent reason? I need an answer before I go somewhere to find out I have a blown fuse that cost $1 and then pay $56 plus tax for someone to say, "Yep, blown fuse!" That will be $57 plus tax!
  • seterseter Member Posts: 5
    I lost my keys so i went to the junkyard and bought a lock and tumbler. After intalling it the alarm is going off and now it wont start. any ideas? How do I disable the alarm?
  • seterseter Member Posts: 5
    i found that i had to tear the door apart, remove the switch off of the back of the lock cylinder and turn it,
  • kawatiskawatis Member Posts: 1
    MY ALARM SOUND WEAK WHEN I PUT IT ON . I USE TO BE LOUD WHATS WRONG WITH IT WHY ITS NOT LOUD ANYMORE.
This discussion has been closed.