Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Turning a Rav4 Sport into a Basic

marzi1marzi1 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Toyota
I just purchased a '07 Rav4 Sport V6 - I'd been looking for used Rav4 for some time and as it turned out this was the car that drove well and that I could afford. i was happy about the V6, but could care less about it being a Sport.

After driving it for a week, I'm feeling the Sport is a drawback. I would much prefer a smoother ride to better handling.

What do you think of the idea of trying to turn it into a Basic, by trading the low profile alloy wheels for standard wheels and having regular shocks put in, rather then these 'sport tuned' shocks?

Do you think it will make much of a difference (I test drove both and do think the basic was better, thinking back on it). Will I get descent value for the alloy rims? I would only pursue this if there wasn't much of an out of pocket expense.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Comments

• sage3sage3 Member Posts: 47
    Personally I would not bother with it. You may not notice the difference after a while of driving the vehicle, plus it may lower your resale down the road since the sport tends to be more expensive.
  • marzi1marzi1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response.

I think you're right. Not a smart idea. Also, I've gotten use to the ride.

Now if I can only solve the intermittent loud low humming noise (and the much worse then posted gas mileage).
  • sage3sage3 Member Posts: 47
    Try the "Toyota Rav4 Noises and Sounds " discussion it looks like a few people touched on the humming noise topic.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Here's the link: Toyota Rav4 Noises and Sounds

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.