Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 VW Passat CC

Comments

• samiksamik Member Posts: 1
    I have a CC 2.0T Automatic. I've been tracking the mileage since I've bought the car 3 months ago and I've been getting only 20 mpg. Thats pretty disappointing, considering that the i drive 70% on highways and around 30% in city. VW claims around 20 mpg in city and 30 on highways, so I was expecting my average mileage to be around 25 mpg, but I get only 20 mpg.

What are other people with the 2.0 T getting with their CCs? Please do respond.

Thanks.
  • ccownerccowner Member Posts: 5
    I bought the same car in March of this year and I too drive mostly on the turnpike. My average mileage has been on average 25-27 MPG, nowhere near 30. My average speed is 75-85 MPH. I too was expecting a greater percentage. My previous car was a BMW 740 that was averaging 20-24 same drive daily. So I too am disappointed in the minimal increase in MPG.
  • With average speeds of 75-85, you are getting very good mileage. Please recall that pre-2007 EPA estimates were based on average highway speeds of more like 50 and the newer standards are based on no more than 65 (the legal limit most places). The CC should easily get 30 mpg or even better if you lower your speed to something safer like 65-70. I repeat, if you continue driving in excess of 75, you are getting very good mileage at 25-27 mpg.
  • threxxthrexx Member Posts: 42
    I still can't seem to find any reliable meaning to the road noise statistics that Edmunds gives.

They just did a full test of the VW CC and specifically cited "Road noise" as something that could stand for improvement on the car. So I look over at the specifications and see they measured 67.0 dB at 70mph cruise.

I think to myself "That'ss not great, but not high... I'll look around to some other tests". So then I find the BMW 750i they've been driving for some time now. I've never seen them complain about noise, and I'd think if noise were at all noticeable in a flagship near 100k dollar luxo cruiser like that, they'd be complaining much more quickly than they would in the CC... and yet they measured 66.7 dB at 70mph... just 0.3 dB less than the CC, and made no mention of noise levels. Same with the ES350 which by most standards is a car people would probably expect to be quieter than a similarly or lesser priced VW, but it got a rating of 67.5 dB (0.5 higher).

Dan Edmunds actually replied to an email I sent in to Edmunds asking about consistency in road noise measurements and gave a lot of great info. He stated some things I already figured like wind direction, temperature, track surface, etc can all make a difference. He also stated a couple things I hadn't thought of, like how one noise can be technically as loud or maybe even quieter than another noise, but be far more noticeable and irritating. To a decibel meter it doesn't matter, but to the human ear it stands out.

So I guess it sounds like I'm answering my own qualm here, but I guess this just further enhances my case for the need for more thorough sound measurement testing... testing that's done in a more lab like environment and is broken down into frequency ranges to demonstrate noise that stands out more than others. Dan said they were working on something like this, so all I can say is... hurry up! :P
  • 5539655396 Member Posts: 529
    We tried out a CC V6 in Tucson. The one complaint we had was road noise. Not horrible, but louder than it should have been. And, I would expect it to increase with tread wear as there is less and less rubber to isolate it. I expect it may be worse on the roads up north. Some concrete highways have sections that shift with truck traffic, causing one edge of a section to be higher than the next. The result is a slapping sound that is very irritating, A test should definitely be included for this.
  • alman08alman08 Member Posts: 282
    An Alfa Romeo 164 had a lot of road noise and engine noise, yet I LOVED that noise the car made. A toyota MR2 turbo and Honda S2000 would love to scream all the way to 6000 RPM and I loved that noise those cars made.
    Some would love the kind of road noise that a Chrysler 300C made, yet I disliked it...
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    I've noticed the same kind of inconsistencies with turning radius. It seems that all reviewers knocked the 2003-2008 Mazda6 for turning radius but raved about the new Malibu which has a larger turn radius than the Mazda6 and never mentioned once that I can remember reading. I believe if one writer/tester/reviewer would have zero'd in on the over 40' turning radius of the Malibu......most would have mentioned it. I firmly believe most reviewers get biased from reviews they themselves read and zero in on items that other reviewers have written about. If they tested the cars with a "fresh mind" so to speak I think we would get a lot better reviews.

Why don't they? It's a lot easier and faster to paraphrase what somebody else has already wrote! I'm not suggesting plagarism but when you read some of these reviews it comes close.
  • Yes, but what do you think of the CC?
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Sorry to bore you. The CC is a gorgeous looking car inside and out. A 170hp TDI/DSG version would be perfect IMO. I look at the early comments in this thread and can't believe the negative reviews of the exterior.
  • Me either. It is one very attractive and distinctive sedan in a sea of boredom. I would buy one in a minute if it were available here with a TDI.
  • miamiccmiamicc Member Posts: 6
    I have had my CC for 6 months now, and I have had to change every bulb on the rear lights. It does not seem normal for a new car to run out the bulbs so quickly. The Passat uses different light system, so I am thinking there is something wrong with this configuration. Anyone has had similar problem?
  • purdygirlpurdygirl Member Posts: 2
    I have had my CC for about two months now and I absolutely LOVE IT! When I first got it I traveled long distance from Charleston, SC to Charlottesville, Va which is a little over 500 miles. I went about 75 mph most of the time and when I reached Charlottesville I still had a quarter of a tank left. I have the 6-speed manual and lots of power. Before my CC I had a 2001 1.8T Jetta that I loved but decided it was time for something new. The VW dealership gave me $4000 for the car which had some things wrong with it which I thought was impressive because in Kelly Blue Book it was running for $4250. The price on my CC was $30,000 and by the time I walked out of it I got it for $22,000 (I put the $4,000 down on it as well). I have had no problems at all! There is some noise when accelerating but I LOVE to hear that engine roar! I also have Sirius and the sound system is great. The only thing I don't like is that it only holds four people but overall I would recommend this car to anyone!
  • purdygirlpurdygirl Member Posts: 2
    I got my cable from Best Buy for my IPod. To get AUX to work you need to press CD twice. If you have any questions someone from Best Buy will got out to your car and look at it for you so that you get what you need. Hope this helps.
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    If your car has nav you could have gotten the proper cable which is part number 000 051 446 C. I assume you don't have nav. 000 051 446 C can't be had at best buy. Only dealers carry it. It's great because you can get full integration. Oh well.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A national reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Volkswagen (VW) vehicle recently (within the past four months). Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, June 5, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jmfosjmfos Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking at for a 2010 cc sport and wanted to know if the incentives/pricing will get better in October 09 or will be the same as September 09?

Is pricing better on leases or buying?

Also, I got a insurance quote on a 2010 cc and it was $19 per month higher than my current 02 passat insurance rate with everything being the same. My problem is that I got a quote on a 2010 passat and it came out less than $2 more per month. Why would the cc be that much more expensive to insure then the almost the same passat?
  • akt1000akt1000 Member Posts: 15
    This is a question for the forum hosts.
    Why is this forum not listed under Volkswagen CC? That forum just states,
    "There are currently no discussions about the Volkswagen CC.
    Please sign in to start a new discussion."

I am afraid that this is probably making a lot of people miss the great discussions in this forum.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    Insurance: In my area, central TX, State Farm quoted me an insurance rate lower than anything else. IS 250, IS350, TSX, TL, 335i, Mazda 6 (even 4cyl)

Not sure how it compares to the Passat rates tho.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Look now. And thanks. :)
  • jmfosjmfos Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Ivan_99. My insurance is USAA.
  • speedman1speedman1 Member Posts: 18
    I recently recieved a quote from a local VW dealership and was wondering if this is a deal worth considering. Below are the details.
    2010 VW Passat cc Auto MSRP $29,400
    Selling Price $25,925
    Monthly Payment $351.89
    Due at Signing: $1,693.74 includes ($901.15 Tax, $351.89 first payment, $235.20 MV,$205.50 Doc fee + tire tax

Money Factor 0.00134 Residual 54%

Its worth mentioning that orginally I was quoted $394.50 however, I was than told that the lease #'s he used were for a 2009. So he adjusted the lease numbers. Any insight would be great. Thanks!
  • lastory1lastory1 Member Posts: 8
    can i get the lease figures for a 2010 cc sport no options 36/39 months 15,000 miles
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    It does look like a decent deal. However, the Doc fee is high and the only fee truly required is the destination fee. Other fees are applied via the dealership.

I have never paid a doc fee when I have leased 3 cars. If there is a doc fee, I understand the dealer needs some money, but $205 is really high. But, I would hate for the dealership to lose a deal over a doc fee. It comes down to principal, and they are already getting a deal from the cost of the car. The Doc fee is just frosting on the cake.

I would jump on this deal, however work on that doc fee. At this time, the dealership needs to be thankful they have people wanting to buy from them. Asking for more hand outs such as this is very unprofessional.
  • scamp479scamp479 Member Posts: 5
    Hello
    I just bought a CC. Love It!! was planning on a passat, but once i drove the 6cyl CC i had to have it. It makes the old Passat body look so well Vanillia. Sorry Passat. So on to my question. I had the hands free installed and it works and sounds beautifully. I have had issues with other cars. Either it sounds like crap in the car or the person you are talking to thinks you sound like crap. The problem is this mysterious fourth button. I am reffering to the "phone" button on the left side of the nav display. It does mute the radio, but I refuse to believe this is its only purpose. I just took my car to the dealer for my courtesy checkup and no one there could tell me it's function. I am not surprised since I am in NW Arkansas. This dealer has sold 3 CC's in 6 months. I have been cruising Vw sites and boards trying to solve this mystery. What makes it even more frustrating is that nobody ever brings this up. The "tech" guy at the dealership looked like he was 15. At this point I probobally am more familiar with the operational controls of this cars than anyone at the 3 dealerships I have gone too.
    After driving the old body style i had to have the CC. Yes the ride can be a bit sharp. but i just attribute that to the feel of the road. I went for the 6cyl. I ended up paying @ 45k in all, but well worth it. After having this car for 8 months I still have not seen another on the road. If you cant afford a C class Merc or and Audi this is the car to have. No maint for 3 years certanly sweetened the deal. I live in NW Arkansas, and this geography is about as close to Germany as I'll get. I love driving this car!! I must hear from people in parking lots etc.. "Thats a Volkswagen?" all the time. The 09 comes naked, absolutly no badging at all. Only the VW on the front and back. Deosnt say pasat or cc and that makes people wonder even more.
    I bought the CC , and only 4 seats was a selling point. I dont want to haul around everyone. My dogs go to the vet in the Toureg, no kids to haul to soccer, so I liked the 4 seats. This is a car to road trip in for a couple, toss some bags in the trunk and off you go. Plus if you have a chance look at the hump on the rear floor, i think this is a result of the low body stance. Much lower than the old body passat.
  • Well, I guess you are head over heels....now, if only more people felt that way
  • kmouradiankmouradian Member Posts: 36
    That's $1935 UNDER invoice on a 2010 model. How did you manage that? Didn't think there were any extra incentives on the 2010 models yet. Did you wind up leasing it?
  • ivan0327ivan0327 Member Posts: 3
    Does the $351 lease payment include taxes?
  • melonball3melonball3 Member Posts: 25
    Wondering if anyone has the Money Factor and Residual on the VW CC 4 cyl Sport Manual, 12K/year, 36mo or 39mo.

Thanks.
    -cc
    36 months; money factor .00134; 54% @ 12,000 miles
    I use the term "Sputter" loosely becasue I have no other way to describe it. I recently purchased a new 2010 VW CC Sport (2.0T). I have had the car only for 3 days now but I noticed something strange.

If you take off from a dead stop and just let go of the break, do not apply any pressure on the accelerator, and the car feels like it "sputters". For those who have driven a manual car before, imagine letting go of the clutch without giving it sufficient gas, you'll produce this engine "sputter". Funny thing is that if you look at the RPM gauge and it doesn't move. You can also feel this car sputter/shake if you do the same thing going in reverse.

Of course I became concerned with this and took the car immediately back to the dealer. When I got to the dealer the service agent made me take a test drive with a mechanic. As soon as I put the car in gear and took off he acknowledged what I felt. So then they bought out the service manager. He told me that he has the same vehicle and experiences the same thing in his car.

He claims that it has to do with the type of transmission DSG. He allowed me to test drive to other CCs. One of the CCs had only about 40 miles and another with about 5K miles, and both vechiles did the same thing.

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced the same issue or had any thoughts?

Want to know more about DSG Transmission - I found this link useful: http://cars.about.com/od/thingsyouneedtoknow/a/ag_howDSGworks.htm
    I had a similar effect when driving a DSG. I had a bad habit of letting up on the gas just before the shifts. It confused the DSG and resulted in jerky (clunky at times) shifts.

Probably just one of the quirks you need to adjust to.
  • 604doc604doc Member Posts: 182
    I've got the DSG in my '08 R32. It does the same thing. The other thing that I don't like about the transmission is when you are driving up a hill in stop and go driving. The clutches sometimes release right when you don't want them to and the cars rolls back a bit, or they engage harshly and the car jerks forward. Otherwise, the DSG is great.
  • The put the DSG in the CC now? They started with the 6 speed Tipronic. When was the change made?
    I'm not certain if the 'roll back' would occur with the CC as it has the 'auto hold brake' (or whatever) feature...kinda strange taking your foot of the brake and the car just sitting there...
    Quote I have received is:

Sale Price: $25,156.95
    12K mi/yr
    36 months
    $1,161 due at signing TOTAL

$359/mo INCLUDING PA 9% lease tax

This is the first dealership I've been to -- going to another this morning -- my feeling is that this is a pretty decent first offer.

I had in my head (based on the current advertised lease deal $279 with $3,299 due) was that I was going to be around $335 BEFORE tax.

Any thoughts on this? I am in the Philadelphia marketplace.

Other notes: I test drove the car last night and am very impressed with the performance and well, the interior amenities put a few other cars interiors to shame -- including my current car, a Lexus IS 250 (though I do NOT like the CC badges on the back -- the 2010 base model I drove some how didn't have it on it which I was happy about).

Anyone have any feedback on the color combos as well? I am leaning white with the two tone, or silver (seeing a silver vehicle today). I always go black, BUT my new home doesn't have a garage so I feel I will go nuts keeping the black clean. I kinda like the two tone interior??
    Do you have the November numbers that just came out? Thanks.
  • peiboypeiboy Member Posts: 6
    local dealer has the cc v6 at 10,000 off sticker as per rebates, leaving the 2009 cc v6 at 29,995. i am contemplating whether to buy that car vs. leasing a 2009 cc 2.0t.

First, thoughts on the v6 for $29,995.00? Then, the dealer offered me the 2009 2.0t for $439.00 per month, $1669 due at signing for 36 months, 15k. ny comments appreciated.

Thanks.

John
  • jag777jag777 Member Posts: 2
    I have had the pleasure of owning the V6 with AWD, Nav and bluetooth for 5 months - Sticker 42540 + 300 for Bluetooth. Cash paid - 36,900 before tax and tags.
    I think the car is terrific and well worth the money I paid. The fit, finish. leather seats, handling, engine, nav are all first rate not to mention the beauty of the exterior and interior. I have had the privilege of owning many more expensive cars but none better. I hope I feel the same a few years from now
  • cripaldencripalden Member Posts: 5
    i am looking at an 09 now but do not see the dvd screen in it so will probably look to get a 2010.

in order to get the best price, where do i look these days? they are offering $9k off the 09 right up front, that would do it for me to buy it fast (probably) if i could get the same price on the 10.

chris, rochester ny
  • cripaldencripalden Member Posts: 5
    what are they offering for a 2010 off the sticker and what is your location?

i just started shopping & will not buy until i have gotten the best possible price. i would get an 09 but there are none i can find in my location with the dvd screen.

chris, rochester ny area
    haven't really considered the 2010 because they seem to be pushing the $10,000 off of the 2009 (or $6000 off with 0% financing), which seems to be a great deal. The only real difference in the 2010 seems to be the touch screen stereo and bluetooth standard. I'm assuming that the $10,000 is coming off of MSRP??

It seems like you really need to purchase these cars for them to be worth it as the lease offers don't seem that great. Does anyone know the money factor for the 2009 2.0t lease. My dealer is giving me some very wide varying numbers on the lease.

john
    sorry, i am in boston....
  • The 2010 comes with a 6 speed DSG transmission and the 2009 had a 6 speed Tiptronic. The DSG is one of the smoothest auto shifters out there, and because it is really a manual transmission shifted via computer, it gets better mpg than the Tiptronic. However, saving $6 to 10K has its merit as well.
  • golf9596golf9596 Member Posts: 5
    Chris,

I was offered a 2010 w/dsg sticker 29,400 with an internet offer from Dorschel for 27,700 plus taxes. This is close to sticker. They said this must be a clean deal. I'm not sure if I will wait until spring or summer, but the car great. Hope this helps.
  • lastory1lastory1 Member Posts: 8
    Can someone give me the lease figures for a 2009 CC LUX with chrome tips, dynaudio, bluetooth. 36 months 15,000 miles
    Question. Well first off sorry to hear about the bulbs. Bad batch maybe? I havent had problem one. I was wondering if you had the fog lamp bulb #'s? Or the DRL's? I am a little annoyed that i can not run the fog lamps without the headlights. Sometimes i like the DRL and fog lamp look. I would like to swap out the Fog lamp bulbs and DRL's for some that look "bluer" or similar to the main head lights. Looks funky to me with the "blue heads and "yellow" old school fogs.
    Hey lucky CC owners. I was wondering if there was a way to have the conveniance package upgraded after purchase? What I want is to add on the automatic window/ moonroof to auto close or open as advertised in manual if you have a package? Is this a simple software upgarade that the dealer can do?.
  • hsilv58hsilv58 Member Posts: 2
    When it rains water is been retained in the doors and when you open them you get your feet wet when it comes pouring out.
    I have taken the car 3 times to dealers for service and they still have been unble to correct it. At first the service managers had never heard of the problem and after speaking to VW they finally admit that there is a design flaw but still unanble to correct it. The last time they had the car for 2 weeks. Question I have is when there is water and you live in Atlanta and the temp dropped, what happens to the working of the doors and windows.
    Has anyone had and experiance with the lemon law in Georgia? :sick: