Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Jimmy Tail Lights and Brake Lights

bthurmanbthurman Member Posts: 1
My daughters tail lights will not go off. All other lights have gone off. Emergency brakes are not mashed in and Brake pedal is not stuck. Any ideas???

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I recommend posting your question in Chevy Blazer GMC Jimmy Electrical Problems.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • root12root12 Member Posts: 1
    I have trouble with my brake lights. one would always work including third brake light. Turn signal is fine.
    fuses are fine.

I've replaced the brake switch and now all three of my brake lights are not working? Turn signal are fine on both sides.

HELP!!
  • dean45dean45 Member Posts: 2
    I had this happen recently also, my cause was the emergency flasher switch (red plastic pushbutton) on the top of steering column being broken, leaving the contacts inside out of alignment - this assembly is part of the turn signal wiper switch - a word of caution, there seems to be several different assemblies - changed with a unit from the junkyard & everything back to normal - good luck with yours
  • trikepilottrikepilot Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    I own a 2004 3500 Chevy Crewcab. I am having problems with my tail lights. I have turn signals, running lights, but not brake lights. I have checked all the fuses in the cab and under the hood. Can't seem to find the cause. Any suggestions ?? Thanks in advance!
  • duntovduntov Member Posts: 133
    Check the sockets in the taillight housings and see if the socket are getting solid grounds. The socket has a internal ground tab that is connected to the ground wire to a common ground bar. The older cars grounded to the tail light housing andto the body of the car and would last for the life of the vehicle.
  • trikepilottrikepilot Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tip! All is good!