Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Maxima Problems

2»

Comments

• nnvegasnnvegas Member Posts: 2
    I have been calling the Nissan Customer Service Rep for the Western region for an update on my file every other day and they never return my call.

If people like myself have been reporting this issue since May and Nissan hasn't been able to implement a fix, does anyone know if this could be considered a Lemon? Or does Nissan have the obligation to find a resolution since there are so many people experiencing the same issue?
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hi, I wanted to find out from any current 2009 Maxima owners who have at least 10-20k miles on their cars if you have begun to have any brake/rotor issues in regards to grinding/squeaking when applying the brakes or have had the pads replaced already and/or rotors resurfaced?

Reason I ask is that I have a 2010 Maxima with about 3k miles on it and I noticed that at times the brake pedal seems touchy and that I have to really press it down hard to get good braking from the car; I just got off a 2005 FX35 lease where I had to have the brakes replaced and rotors resurfaced every 10k miles and I wanted to know if I have to look forward to this on my 2010 Max

Also of concern is that on the Altima forum, a lot of people, even 2009 Altima owners are having brake/rotor issues and I was hoping that is wouldn't translate into a problem on the 2009 and 2010 Maxima's as well
  • alexstorealexstore Member Posts: 264
    I have 05 Max
    If you go OEM even if you drive like me and avoid using brakes, you need to replace them approximately every 20-25 k. The rotors are the Achilles heal of Maxima. You can only resurface them once, essentially you are being forced to replace them every 40-45k miles.
  • guy29471guy29471 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had problems with the monitor on the 09 maxima. During a rain storm yellowish spots appeared on the ipod screen. they have replaced the monitor and the problem was fixed, for about 5 minutes and now they're back Now I'm being told that it has always been that way..
  • pmalarapmalara Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 Maxima. I purchased it July of 2008, I now have 25,000 miles on it. I noticed from the first month I owned it that the brake rotors showed excessive wear,the breaks squeak, I have a squeak and clunk coming from the right front suspension. It only happens when I turn right and go up an incline. Have you noticed that the inside of the door jams on the drivers and passengers door were the front fender meets the door on the inside of the fender is not painted. it is gray primer. The dealers say they are all that way. That doesn't make it right.(poor excuse) My trunk liner on the trunk ceiling is falling down. ( I ordered the parts a year ago, still no call)
    I have been to two Nissan Dalers, Both have written repair orders, both told me they would have the Western Regional representative get in touch with me and I have written a letter to Nissan USA. This has been going on for 18months. As of today I still have not had a call from anyone, the first dealer went out of business and the second dealer has never called me back to tell me to come in to have my car repaired. I think it is time for a class action law suit. We all spent good money for what was supposed to be one of the best cars on the market.
    A poor economy is no excuse for poor customer service from a company that used to offer the best in the industry. Is any anyone intrusted in getting together on these issues.
    Seattle 01/24/2010
  • strehlowstrehlow Member Posts: 15
    It should be easy for you to obtain and good following. I haven't had any problems yet with my 2009 and hopefully I won't. But..... I know a former Nissan dealer in my area that parted ways with Nissan for the same reason. He thought they make great cars but the customer service from Nissan corporate was terrible. He also sells Toyota and Chevy and claims that they bend over backwards to make the customer satisfied. However, Nissan's customer service was severely lacking and he just couldn't deal with it anymore. They wanted him to build a separate $5 million showroom separate from his other brands during a time when car sales were hurting.
    Nissan needs to take a serious look at their customer relations.
    agree with you totally on Nissan corporate customer service, this regional rep thing they have is absolutely pointless and worthless most of the time being when you speak to the regional rep they either can't help you or just tell you to go back to the dealer; when you call Nissan corp they tell you to speak to the regional rep

Absolutetly ridiculous; I've leased several different makes in the last 6 years, Infiniti, Acura, Toyota, and now Nissan; Nissan has been the worse when it comes to customer service; they don't even respond when you send them a letter; with Acura they were up my [non-permissible content removed] all the time trying to help me out so you have to take it with a grain of salt

I do agree Nissan needs to step up their customer service because when they have vehicles like the Maxima and Murano, which they charge just as much for as an Infiniti, Acura, and Lexus, you need to be giving your customers the same level of service that the luxury divisions do!!
  • pmalarapmalara Member Posts: 2
    I will be out of town for a week. When I return the first week of February I will contact and post the name and phone number of an attorney that will work on drafting a letter to Nissian on our behalf.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Please post no phone numbers! Otherwise your post will have to be removed.
  • vinnievinnie Member Posts: 10
    Uh, folks - Nissan has issued a recall for front strut replacement due to issues with the upper housings....contact your dealer for more info....
    I had an 04 that used to do the same thing....The clear cover for the monitor screen had to be taken off and cleaned from the inside...it took the dealer all of 10 minutes to do.
    edited February 2010
    I haven't had an issue with my front suspension, but my rear suspension creaks and groans in cold weather...the noise us unbearable and embarrassing for a car that's just turned 17 months old with only 10K miles on it...I'll be bringing it in for round 3 tomorrow. I can't take it anymore. Oh and as far as the door jambs go, no, mine are not primer only...I have an '09 in Precision Graphite and all jambs & rockers are painted.....
  • bariummanbariumman Member Posts: 1
    Am looking at new 09 Maxima and was ready to buy untilI saw all of the complaints about the struts. Has this been fixed? Also, musst I use premium gas in this car?
  • rousemanrouseman Member Posts: 5
    I've had my 09 for almost a year and haven't had any of these issues. As far as the type of gas goes, it's recommended that you use a high grade gasoline. Personally I would not put regular gasoline is a "sports car" even if it has 4 doors. I would leave the regular gasoline to pickups and SUVs.
    I think the car is meant for 93 Octane! reason being, I've been putting in Shell Premium since I got my 2010 Max and last week, there was a big brew ha ha at the station with the attendant and another customer and he accidentally put regular in instead of premium and as soon as I pulled out of the station I noticed a incredible difference; the engine idles rough (more shaking in steering wheel, pedals, etc) when I step on the gas the engine sounds like it is struggling and there is a lot of knocking and pinging going on! I'm trying to baby it on the road right now till I get off of this tank and can get it filled with premium again!
  • jimbaccaro6jimbaccaro6 Member Posts: 1
    Good to know...along with a major electrical problem, I do hear a clunk coming from the front end when I cut the wheel to the left at a stand still then proceed forward.
  • anthony22anthony22 Member Posts: 5
    thinking about buying this vehicle but on the dash it has a code of 01 - the seller is telling me that this code means that a CD is jammed in the 6 disc changer. (a CD is really jammed)
    is anyone familiar with this.
    please help.
    thanks
    Has anyone figured out a way to unrestrict the multiple blocks Nissan installed on their GPS. It's so annoying that I generally end up using VZ Navigator on my cell.
    :shades:
    I don't believe their is away to deactivate that safety feature. If you think Nissan/Infiniti's system locks you out, you should see the one in Toyota/Lexus. As soon as the car is in motion, you get locked out of every single feature or things to do. At least with Nissan/Infiniti you can still do about 30-40% of features while the car is in motion, like deleting a destination for instance or looking something up.

Only one I know of that allows unlimited functions while in motion is the Honda/Acura nav system. Not sure about the German makes though.
  • spinto56spinto56 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    We have a loaded up 2009 Maxima. Love the car. On 2 occasions tried to get into the car. It was completely dead. No access on the doors, no lights, no radio, no start. Had to jump the car, and started it right away. Took it to dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. They tested the battery and it was fully charged. They suggested if it happens again that I don't jump the battery and have the car towed to dealer. Anybody have this problem?
  • ljpzapljpzap Member Posts: 3
    Had the same problem once. Used the spare key in the key fob to get in, but still needed to jump the car. Have no clue what happened and the dealer said no codes registered in the computer so "nothing happened" according to them. I came out of an 2005 Acura TL and will drop the Maxima like a hot potato when the lease is up in 12 months. Other issues with it have tainted me along with the dealer service.
    Definitely something wrong with your Max! My 10 has not done anything like that and it sounds like something with the battery or electrical with the car. If it happens again, I would do as the Nissan stealer recommended and have it towed to the stealer and have them look at it when the car is dead. Then they can't pull the BS on you that they can't find anything wrong when the damn thing is sitting right in front of them dead!

I have had one or two minor things with my Maxima that have not affected my driving experience and fun but I do have to say that Nissan's terribly poor customer service is making really consider getting another one, not the car itself, but the company.
  • hitthomehitthome Member Posts: 1
    I've had the same problem. I've had it happen several times, and now my battery won't hold a charge. I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say. I have to say that thus far (2 years, 24,000 miles) I have been 100% happy with the dealerships response to my issues. Hopefully this will be the same.
  • spinto56spinto56 Member Posts: 2
    We ended up having the car towed per the Dealer request when it happened again instead of jump starting. Turned out to be a bad cell in the battery - not sure why it took multiple trips to diagnose this. Anyway, this was 3 months ago & so far no more problems. Hope your problem is solved as well!
  • diana34diana34 Member Posts: 2
    Same prob everytime i bring it in it dosnt make the noise mainly dose it when its cold out