Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Navigator Interior Lights and Gauges

brownrl26brownrl26 Member Posts: 2
Just purchased a used 2005 Navigator. Just noticed the fuel door warning light stays on, but the fuel door is closed...any way to shut this off.

Comments

• brownrl26brownrl26 Member Posts: 2
    Ok, sorry everyone...turns out this light is just to let you know which side the gas tank is located.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    That sounds like a bit of overkill unless you have dual tanks perhaps.

Most cars I've seen lately just have a little triangle near the gas gauge to remind you which side of the car the filler is on. I use them all the time, since my two cars have the filler on opposite sides (naturally!). A light burning all the time might make me find a little piece of electrical tape to put over it. :P
  • dfevoladfevola Member Posts: 1
    the seatbelt light came on and would not go off. when i brought it to the dealer they said that when they ran a test ,the seatbelt on the passenger side was unplugged -that something must have become lodged under the seat ,causing it to come apart -that this was not covered under warranty and they would have to take the seat out to plug it back in - I looked at the seat when I picked it up- there is plenty of room to work on this without taking the seat out. Am I correct that they did not have to take the seat out to fix this minor problem?
  • gmann77gmann77 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 Lincoln navigator, the back light illuminator on my switches i.e. radio, steering wheel, all switches quit working. The fuse is fine any odeas what it might be?

Thanks
  • elos6thelos6th Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have the same problem with my 2004 Lincoln Navigator. I checked the fuses and all are fine. Did you ever figure out how to fix this problem, I would love to hear about it.
    Thanks
  • owner2004owner2004 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone out there ever have door panels off the nav or the radio out to see how the back ligthing system works on the swicthes
  • al_sooneral_sooner Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem as well did anyone get this fixed?
  • fyneazzricanfyneazzrican Member Posts: 1
    did any one find out the problem yet i tried all kinds of stuff and no luck
  • dsaunders2dsaunders2 Member Posts: 4
    lots of questions not much in answers does any one no were to go to for answers to navigator problems?
    thanks
    ednnis
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2015
    What's your issue? Sometimes we have more activity from "techs" over in Edmunds Answers.