Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Entertainment Systems

zargon42zargon42 Member Posts: 2
For those of you with the factory rear seat entertainment package in the 2008 Sequoia, I have a question. Per the owners manual, the front screen can control the playback of the dvd (play, stop, pause, ff, rw). The manual does not state if these controls are available while the vehicle is in drive. Can anyone here confirm whether or not the dvd playback controls are available while the vehicle is in drive?

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    The Toyota Sequoia Accessories and Modifications discussion may be helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • zargon42zargon42 Member Posts: 2
    I had searched that thread extensivley and found no answer.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You probably found this thread with a similar question about an '05 where one of the posters wanted to control the DVD for the benefit of the rear seat passengers, but I don't see any easy solution.

luvmytoy, "Toyota Sequoia Accessories and Modifications" #397, 12 Jun 2005 3:11 pm

Anyone?
  • BearbackerBearbacker Member Posts: 4
    I have some questions about the factory-installed headrest DVD system for the Sequoia.

As I understand, each headrest has its own DVD player, so that 2 different DVDs can be viewed. Does the system have the ability to show the same DVD on both screens (i.e., one headrest is the "master" and the other is a "slave"), or are they always separate? Sometimes my kids want to watch different things, but just as often they want to watch the same thing.

Assuming the answer above is yes, can the audio for the headrest system be played through the car stereo? Just thinking about situations where there may be more than 2 kids and they all want to watch the same movie. If there are only 2 headphones, the car stereo would be the only solution.

Thanks!
  • jose263jose263 Member Posts: 10
    Plan to order a 2010 Limited - We want dvd player for kids
    There are two possibilities but I don't know the finepoints(differences) other than cost - can someone educate me
    Rear seat entertainment system - option EY- $1670
    Overhead DVD entertainment system - option EN - $999

Thanks
  • jose263jose263 Member Posts: 10
    Bear - did you get an answer?
    I have not seen it for myself, and I ultimately decided not to go with the headrest system, but the salesman from whom I am buying a Platinum (who has shown himself to be very knowledgeable about the Sequoia) told me that the answer to both questions is yes. He told me that there is a wire that connects the two headrests so that the same DVD can be shown on both, and that the audio can go through the stereo system.
This discussion has been closed.