Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Mazda3

Comments

• joem5joem5 Member Posts: 201
    What kind of milage would you get with a six speed manual on a 2.5 liter, a 5spd manual 2.3L, and a 5spd manual 2.0L?
    I want heated seats and moonroof. So I have to buy a GT. A HB would be lighter. I threw the 2.3 liter in there because there are lots of left overs ,and someone on here have posted you can save alot of dollars on an 09.
    A salesman tells me the milage is the same regardless of the transmission. I don't think so. I'd buy a HB GT to morrow loaded with all the bells and whistles ,if had a six speed manual and a 2.0 liter.Gas is going back up
    again least we forget. :shades:
  • autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    A salesman tells me the milage is the same regardless of the transmission
    Strange.

Automatics quite often are less fuel efficient than manual transmissions although some automatics (e.g. Honda Civic) are changing this dictum.

The number of transmission gears is also an important factor; so a 5 speed automatic is often better than a 4 speed. A 6 speed manual is better than both.

The weight of a car can also be an important factor; less weight uses less fuel. As manufacturers add content to their vehicles, the weight moves in the wrong direction.

On the other hand, manufacturers are trying to improve fuel efficiency based on public demand so they introduce innovative technologies (e.g. direct fuel injection).

However, I would not be surprised if there is a 25+% advantage for the 2.0L over the 2.5L Mazda3.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    There is nothing strange about mpg being about the same regardless of transmission. While a manual is theoretically more efficient, manfacturers do not make their manuals with gearing that is designed for efficiency.

According to EPA figures, there is little difference based on the transmission, but a significant difference between the two engines:

Mazda 3i: 25/33 w/manual, 24/33 w/auto
    Mazda 3s 21/29 w/manual, 22/29 w/auto
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    You beat me to it.

The number of gears does not always dictate fuel economy. The gear ratios and final drive ratio often are the deciding factor in fuel economy.
    Mazda HB Grand Touring w/auto 5spd.
    MSRP $2473.00
    - Discount $743.00
    total $23,622.00
    Add Title $26.00
    dealer prep fees (paperwork) $289.00
    add sales tax $1236.50 (maine) 5 % add Excise Tax 700.00(Town tax)Bring MSRP to town hall for true price.

Total cost (cash deal also) $25873.50 :confuse: Methinks I'll wait awhile and keep the money in the bank ,or maybe it's safer under the matress. :shades:
    The number of gears does not always dictate fuel economy.

Agreed, it does not always dictate fuel economy. Nothing is a 100% but it is sensible to assume a 4 speed automatic is likely to be less fuel efficient than a 6 speed manual in the same car. When comparing the fuel economy of different vehicles, other factors come into play as well as the transmission and number of gears. Otherwise, why are manufacturers like Toyota and Mazda introducing 5, 6 (and in the case of BMW) 7 speed machines?
  • dc_davedc_dave Member Posts: 52
    I too am really interested in the 2010 3 but no way under these economic times am I going to hand MSRP over to a dealer. I'm going to wait until September - this is when the new Golf/Rabbit/GTI will be released to the US market. I see the 2010 Golf as the only true 5-door competitor to the Mazda 3 and I think this car will make the Mazda dealers work a little harder for our business. Plus, the Golf/Rabbit is suppose to have a TDI version ready at launch.

Dave in VA
    06 TSX
    08 V70
    Nothing is a 100% but it is sensible to assume a 4 speed automatic is likely to be less fuel efficient than a 6 speed manual in the same car.

But those are typically not the choices. Long ago one often had a choice between a 3 speed automatic and a 5 speed manual. In those days, I would always choose the manual. In the Mazda3 the auto is now 5 speed and the manual is either 5 or 6.

In 2005 my wife bought a Jetta, the choices were 5 speed manual or or 6 speed auto. MPG ratings were about the same. The missing gear in the manual was 6th...meaning that the top gear in the manual was equivalent to 5th in the auto.

In 2007 I bought a Mazda6 and had a choice of 5 speed manual or 5 speed auto. MPG ratings were about the same. With the manual the rpms would be about 25% higher in the top gear. 5th gear in the manual is very close to 4th in the auto.

I would not be surprised if rpms in top gear are higher in the manual than in the auto, even with a 6 speed manual in the Mazda3.
    I'm going to wait until September - this is when the new Golf/Rabbit/GTI will be released to the US market. see the 2010 Golf as the only true 5-door competitor to the Mazda 3 and I think this car will make the Mazda dealers work a little harder for our business

Well, by then I'm sure the 2010 Mazda3 will just be "another car" to sell as far as a dealer is concerned. Now, if VW brings the new Rabbit to our side of the pond come September, I have no reason to believe that VW will discount those either. This makes even a little savings on a 2010 Mazda3 seem that much larger.

I agree with you about the Rabbit and the Mazda3 as being the top cars in the "hot hatch" market, especially with VW's improved reliability. Would I buy a Rabbit? Probably not. I have driven one (2007), though, and they are quite impressive.

Plus, the Golf/Rabbit is suppose to have a TDI version ready at launch.

You can forget about seeing any savings on those. My local VW dealer is still asking $2,000 over MSRP for the Jetta TDI's right now. Let's see how expensive diesel gets come summer time. If it gets around $5.00/gal like last summer, people may not want to pay a premium price for them. But, who knows!
    if VW brings the new Rabbit to our side of the pond come September, I have no reason to believe that VW will discount those either. This makes even a little savings on a 2010 Mazda3 seem that much larger.

I don't think it will take long for discounts to appear on the new Rabbit or the Madzda3.

My wife wanted the new Jetta in 2005. We ordered one within a month or so of launch, with maybe a token $100 discount. Then a month or so later, I found another dealer 70 miles away had just gotten in exacty what she ordered in and when I contacted them, they offered to sell for below invoice...that was $700-1000 less than the price we were offered on our order. We also got discount financing of 2.9% for 24 months. This was maybe 2 months after launch.
    I don't think it will take long for discounts to appear on the new Rabbit or the Madzda3.

Me neither, but, I suspect in September that a Mazda3 will have a higher discount then a newly arrived Rabbit.
    In the Mazda3 the auto is now 5 speed and the manual is either 5 or 6.
    Actually, considering that there are still plenty of 2009 Mazda3 as well as the incoming 2010 Mazda3 the choices now are 4 or 5 speed automatics and the 5 and 6 speed manuals. Plus, the competition includes models with a similar array of choices. I think it is resonable for consumers to ask about the difference in transmissions and for salesmen to explain their product choices clearly.
  • bettebbetteb Member Posts: 11
    My local dealer is asking MSRP for the Jetta TDI. There is no shortage of them. If you check out the VW Board, you will see that 2k over MSRP is simply not being charged right now.
    If you check out the VW Board, you will see that 2k over MSRP is simply not being charged right now

I don't need to check the board here on Edmunds. I just need to place a phone call to my buddy who is a GM at a VW store, in which I just confirmed they have an addendum on all TDI's per the store owners request. And somehow, they get it. :confuse:
  • bettebbetteb Member Posts: 11
    How strange...I was offered a TDI at MSRP and turned it down.
    Perhaps your buddy was at lunch?
    Or maybe he was on the phone.. :D
    I guess I was deceived by the title of the discussion, I was under the impression that, with regard to transmission choices, we were discussing only those that are available in the 2010 Mazda3 :P ;) .
    Also, with the Honda Insight launch moved up to March 24, I can see this car stealing same sales from the 2010 Mazda 3. I understand that they are not direct competitors but they will be cross shopped and when one sees that they can get an Insight EX for 21.5K they may tell the Mazda dealer who's looking for full MSRP to "take a hike".

Dave in VA
    06 TSX
    08 V70
    Insight EX for 21.5K they may tell the Mazda dealer who's looking for full MSRP to "take a hike".

You don't think for one minute that Honda dealers won't ask for full list, or more?? Common....Honda dealers are known for doing that.

I highly doubt the selling at MSRP thing will last too long.

As I said, dealers in my area are still charging AT LEAST MSRP, some more, for the TDI Jetta's.
    I was under the impression that, with regard to transmission choices, we were discussing only those that are available in the 2010 Mazda3

Sorry, it was not I but the original poster who was comparing different engines, transmissions and model years. And that makes a lot of sense. Why wouldn't one compare the 2009 to the 2010? I've been comparing the models since 2002 (when I bought my Protege5, precursor to the Mazda3) and frankly I have not seen any significant improvement in terms of fuel economy. Toyota and Honda have far better records in this domain. How long will it take Mazda to produce a hybrid Mazda3?
  • familydadx4familydadx4 Member Posts: 26
    We compared the 2009 to the 2010. The difference was enough to eliminate the 09. The wife said it was like comparing coach to first class. The interior was much nicer. The drive was quiet in the 10. The suspension was nicer in the 10. The price difference was about 2.8k (so far). We are holding out for a bit less price difference. Also, my son has a 2008 and it rolled 40 feet down our driveway into a neighbor's tree (dummy isn't sure how that happened?). The damage was $4700, the car crumbled like an accordian. The car couldn't have gotten to more than 5-10 mph. The 2010 is supposed to be much stiffer. Perhaps that will help? :(
    Cars are supposed to crumple "like an accordian". They absorb the crash energy so that the occupants do not have to. The increased stiffness is not, I think, related to crumpling of body parts, instead it is related to the ride and handling.
    We are holding out for a bit less price difference.

Good idea. About a year and a half ago Mazda introduced the 2008, followed 6 months later by the 2008.5 and then again about 6 months later by the 2009 and now about 6 months later we see the 2010 model. Each time there is a new iteration, the previous model has to be moved off the lot quickly, which translates into more deal making. Good luck.
  • tgassetttgassett Member Posts: 20
    Well, I finally made a commitment on Thursday and brought home my 2010 M3 S Sport automatic today in Crystal White Pearl Mica. I absolutely love the car. I was the first one to buy from my local dealership. If mazda can't sell this car they need to close up shop. I drove an 09 in December trying to decide if I wanted to wait or not. I like the 09 but like a previous post said it is like comparing coach to first class. Boy am I ever glad I waited. It is everything that I was looking for. I have been a Honda guy for years but Honda doesn't really make anything to compare with this car unless you want to talk Civic Si. And it doesn't come in automatic and has very little torque. Different strokes for different folks. You certainly cannot compare this car to the regular Civic or really anything else in the compact class for that matter. If your a doubter, go drive one. I bet you will be impressed.
    Everyone keeps complaining about the gas mileage and says Mazda should make a hybrid. Are you crazy? That is not what this car is about. If you like the car but want better mileage get the i version as it is comparable to the Civic in mileage. The S version mpg is exactly the same as the Civic Si. How can you complain? If you want a hybrid go buy one.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    The pearl white is beautiful!!! I am so glad you got what you wanted.

But, I am wondering why they chose to make the navigation screen so small?
    It is almost a joke to even have it in the car. Its a little, tiny screen..lol.
  • marsdogmarsdog Member Posts: 9
    I believe the reason for the small Nav screen is to make it more accessible to everyone. If you look around, most OME Navs are $1500-$2000, while portable units (of similar size to the Mazda3's) are a fraction of those. I think this nav may start a trend to more affordable, smaller units designed to compete with portable units, with all the convenience of a built in unit.
    I think what Suzuki did with the SX4 makes the most sense, just put an actual portable unit in, but with a built holder for it. I'd likely not pay for a navigation system, in any case, but I'd at least consider it if it were ~$500 and could be taken out and used on non-driving trips. $1500-2000 for a unit that is permanently installed will never be something of interest to me.
  • marsdogmarsdog Member Posts: 9
    I know what you're saying but I've been close to buying a portable unit a couple times, but one of the reasons I hold back is it seems like a hassle to remove and hide the unit each time I stop. Personally, I love this built in unit and the fact that it doubles as all my driving info when I don't need the nav... something a portable cannot do. I'd never pay the huge price tag as you mentioned, but since I planned on buying all the gadgets anyway, the cost for the package makes sense for me at least.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    You make a good point. For the money, you get a very nice car. I really wouldn't need a navi unit, I use my iphone. Though, I am try to find a suction cup for it.

Compared to the Acura TSX, the screen in the mazda is very small. I guess the location of the screen works okay, because you could be driving and glancing at the screen to find a location.
    Everyone keeps complaining about the gas mileage and says Mazda should make a hybrid.

Q: Why do you think "everyone keeps complaining about the gas mileage"?
    A: Because we all fear that the days of cheap gas are numbered. Once OPEC returns to $4 gas, we'll all be singing the praises of fuel efficiency again.
  • tgassetttgassett Member Posts: 20
    A: Because we all fear that the days of cheap gas are numbered. Once OPEC returns to $4 gas, we'll all be singing the praises of fuel efficiency again.

I am all for fuel efficient vehicles. That was a very important factor for me as I was making my buying decision as my friends pushed me toward a 17-18 city mpg v-6 car. What I am saying is that everyone wants the power, sport, handling, and solid feel, you get with a bigger engine and more solid vehicle like the Mazda 3. But on the same hand they also want 30 mpg city and 40 mpg hwy. That combo just really doesn't exist. Let me clarify that, it does not exist in this price range. Sure if you want to drop TDI money on a Volkswagen or similar vehicle you can sort of have your cake and eat it too but I didn't want to spend over approx $20k. For what I paid I can buy a lot of $4 fuel. I am very satisifed with my purchase in all facets. I am not saying that just because I have a big grin on my face.
    My Mazda 3 I New Value 08 is a nice car but, I want a hatch. The problem is I only have 4701 miles on it and it books for $15475.
    So for the first time in 6 years I went over to a V Dub dealer. I looked at a Rabbit S auto, power seats. heated seats, mirrors and sunroof.The price $19325.00
    What scared me was 170 HP and low MPG. Then I looked at the GTI loaded $23.200. Mazda prices can't compare to VW's I dont think.(no salesman came out they were a watching TV. I was wondering if my Type S is getting 31 highway and is the best HB I ever owned ,where have all the Hatches gone.If the GTI is geared like my Type S I bet I could get decent milage and more standard bells and whistles than Mazda and at a way better price.

Mazda won't deal at all.Am I crazy but I thought car dealers were in rough shape sales wise. Mazda said , if you don't take the gas grille we will take $500.00 of the GT HB I was interested in.
    Lastly, I went over to Saturn, they have a HB called Astra 3dr. or 5 door and a salesman came out.They both come with heated seats ,lumbar support, but you can only get moonroof on 5 door. Actually the car is an Opel.Sharp cars for $20K,but 1.8 liter engines. handles like a sports car though.
    Well, I'am waiting untill September untll Mazda gets off it's high horse.Also, in 2010 I hope Ford is smart enough to bring the HB Fiesta over.
    Lastly, I think Ford and especially Acura goofed dropping its hatches :confuse: .
    Right now gas here is $1.99 and Diesel is $2.54.
    Yup, I think gas is giong up near $3. ,or $ 4.00 again . Then Diesel will be $5.50 or better. Then would you want a TDI? I don't think so.
    However, this being ST. Paddy's Day I will Spend $9.00 for a rack of Guiness. :shades:
    However, this being ST. Paddy's Day I will Spend $9.00 for a rack of Guiness.

Sounds good to me. Cheers!!
    That combo just really doesn't exist ... in this price range.
    Hmmm... As we all know car manufacturers choose different vehicles for different markets. In Canada Mazda has introduced the Mazda3 GX 2.0L engine as a fuel efficient cheaper alternative to the 2.3L and 2.5L versions. In the UK and elsewhere, there are the Mazda2 and the Mazda3 diesel; both of which are more fuel efficient while being affordable and zoom-zoom capable. Meanwhile, competitors like Honda are providing options like the Civic hybrid as cheaper alternatives to the Prius for our marketplace.

My sense is that not enough of dealers are hearing that fuel efficiency is a key driver in our decision making. Consider the last time you've seen an ad for a car praising its lightness and consequently its fuel efficiency.

Finally, a little disclosure: my 2002 Mazda Protege5 automatic is a treat to drive and averages 25 mpg overall. The P5 became the Mazda3 S in 2004. In the latest (April 2009) Consumer Reports, the Mazda3 S Grand Touring Hatchback was rated at 25 mpg; CR notes "Highs: Handling, powertrain, braking, reliability, standard ESC; Lows: Road noise, instrument contrast, unimpressive fuel economy".
    Q: Why do you think "everyone keeps complaining about the gas mileage"?

Do you know what the 2010 Chevy Camaro V6 and the 2010 Mazda3 2.5 have in common? They have the same HWY EPA fuel economy numbers, both get 29 MPG. Of course, the Camaro also has 304 HP.

Dave in VA
    What's a Canadian Mazda GX compared to the cars Mazda offers here? Is it a S or 3 model?
    When I bought my Type S it didn't have heated seats ,but the Canadian model did.
    TY
    With a manual, that camaro is rated at 25 mpg hwy. I wonder how they got it up to 29, with the automatic?
    Dave, maybe if the Camaro is a six speed and your'e driving it like "Granny Grunt" 45 mpg you'll get 29 mpg.
    The Camaro is a muslcle car and a fun ride. I get on I 70 with my 200 HP Type S and it wants to go,but not 45 miles an hour,rather 75miles an hour. No way do I get 29 mpg @ 75, I do at 60 though.Out west some states are'nt posted. I drove from Arizona to Vail . When I hit the Gun Barell 80 miles of road kill and desert I was averaging 85 to 100.
    No way ,if you live in Wyoming,New Mexico, or CO and CA arwe you going to drive like Granny . You'll get run over. NO 304 HP car is bought with gas milage in mind.
    What's a Canadian Mazda GX compared to the cars Mazda offers here? Is it a S or 3 model?

The GX is the 2.0L Mazda3 with 148 hp and 135 lb.ft. of torque. It's available as a sedan (called Mazda 3 GX) or a hatchback (called the Mazda3 Sport GX). The GX model is over a thousand dollars cheaper than the pricier GS and GT versions of the Mazda3. For more information, Google Mazda Canada.

By the way, my 2002 Mazda Protege5 automatic is also a 2.0L but it outputs only 130 hp and 135 lb. ft. of torque. Its curb weight is 2749 lb; compare that to the 3077 lb. Mazda3 S GT automatic which is approx. 330 lbs heavier!

I'd argue that bigger is not better in this case. Imagine if the 2010 Mazda3 was lighter than its predecessor? Wouldn't that make it more agile, more fuel efficient, more zoom zoomier?
    Thanks, if i known that I would of looked into a Canadian purchase. I live in Maine in the summer and close to the boarder.
    I agree if the 2010 Mazda 3 were lighter you would get alot zoom with gusto.Why can't they gear a 6 spd mazda 3 HB with the 2.0 and have a cold weather package and sunroof as an option?. No they want you to go to a S model.
    I have had 2 RX 7"s a GX and and GXL and a Mazda 323 HB(I wish they made it now) I always liked the protege ES too.This Maxzda 08.5 New value I can't get my golf clubs in the trunk, let alone my mother in law.
    I'm going to wait as much as I fear Volkswan Das Auto. You get what is optionable On a Mazda GT HB standard for $19600.00 now. I went to VW dealer yesterday. Also they have a 7 speed DGB transmission coming.,That Rabbit had heated seats and a sunroof standard. :confuse: .
    Dave, maybe if the Camaro is a six speed and your'e driving it like "Granny Grunt" 45 mpg you'll get 29 mpg.
    The Camaro is a muslcle car and a fun ride. I get on I 70 with my 200 HP Type S and it wants to go,but not 45 miles an hour,rather 75miles an hour. No way do I get 29 mpg 75, I do at 60 though.Out west some states are'nt posted. I drove from Arizona to Vail . When I hit the Gun Barell 80 miles of road kill and desert I was averaging 85 to 100.
    No way ,if you live in Wyoming,New Mexico, or CO and CA arwe you going to drive like Granny . You'll get run over. NO 304 HP car is bought with gas milage in mind.

I hear you - I'm sure those EPA numbers are probably on a downhill, coasting at 45 MPH, still EPA fuel economy numbers are all about playing the game and GM really did a good job to get a 29 Hwy MPG EPA rating.

I know that the 3 and Camaro are not direct competitors but you would be surprised who many people shop for cars simply based on their price point. Since there is a bit of overlap with their prices - some will cross shop the two.

Dave in VA
  • zar1zar1 Member Posts: 24
    Apparently enough '08 & '09 inventory has been moving out for Mazda to introduce special financing on the 2010's, 2.9% 36/mos. and 4.9% 60/mos. Not great, but not bad either given it's just been introduced. Local internet pricing has also come down to Invoice +$200.
    Inventory in the SD area as of yesterday: '08-3, '09-153, '10-118. The 4 dr. has about the same number of '09's as '10's, 98 vs. 95. For the 5 drs. it's 55 vs. 23. The 5 drs. seem to have arrived more recently. I hope there will be more incentives in April. We'll see. . .
    Zar, go to Car and Driver site and build a Rabbit 4 door 2.5L 6 speed tip tronc 170 HP. In other words compare it to the Mazda S HB 4 dr. 2010 $ 3300.00 less and the 2010 is coming is the best selling car in its class in Europe.Also the price I gave you has more options than Mazda.
    I never liked V Dubs, but, I think they will make Mazda come down alot.
    Also, I'm trying one and most likely switch to VW when 2010 gets here.
    Hey try a build on the 2door both rockets. :shades: :
    The Mazda3 has always sold well in Canada and this year it reached the top of the car sales followed by the Toyota Corolla in 2nd place and the Honda Civic in third. Canadians love small cars.
    Zar, go to Car and Driver site and build a Rabbit 4 door 2.5L 6 speed tip tronc 170 HP. In other words compare it to the Mazda S HB 4 dr. 2010 $ 3300.00 less and the 2010 is coming is the best selling car in its class in Europe.Also the price I gave you has more options than Mazda.

What are you talking about??? According to VW's website, a 4-door Rabbit with 17" alloy wheels (standard on Mazda3, option on Rabbit) is $20,690 MSRP. A 2010 Mazda3 s Sport 5-door is $20,200 MSRP. Where is the $3,300 difference you are talking about? I hope not the $16,300 strippy base model that has absolutely no equipment!!
    Avi , I built a 2010 Rabbit 4 dr 5cyl 170 HP Base price $1930.00 I loaded it with the same as the Mazda 3 S Grand Touring HatchBack. I added sun roof heated seats@ mirrors,. 6peed Tip,floormat pkg,17" alloys.Everything Mazda had and the price was $21,179.00 I left out ground effects ,dual pipes etc.
    Go to Car and Driver and you can build a 2dr(no armrest) or 4 dr. HB. This car is coming soon,but the Polo is not going on line untill Oct. Chill take a Tylenol. I like natural aspirated cars too.
    However, V Dub could bring Mazda prices down. I think a Mazda speed is built on the same idea as the 2010 VW I built.
    Well, for all you do this Guiness I'm drinkin' is for you :shades:
    I'm not sure we are comparing apples to apples.

All that I have seen shows that the cars are priced the same, with the Mazda giving you more features at the GT level.

Since details about the North American Polo are not known, I guess it is irrelevant at this time.

As for the Mazdaspeed3, it can be had for less money then a GTI when comparably equipped.
    Shipo or Avi can you guys go to Mazda wheel and Tires Forum as I'm not laying out $224.00 for tire sensors.I want to put the Eagles back on when I head east.
    Thanks
  • markmazda3markmazda3 Member Posts: 2
    In avi's defense, I work a Mazda/VW Dealer in St. Peters, MO. The 2010 MZ3 and the 2009 Rabbit are in two very different leagues, and it can only be experienced by driving them both back to back. The HP/TQ delivery on the two cars is very different, as is throttle response, steering feel and feedback, ride quality, build quality, etc. The 2010 MZ3 is so vastly improved over the 2009 model that they can hardly even compare. The new MZ3 is so much more refined, but it still hasn't lost that fun to drive factor that those of us who have experienced it have come to know and love. I own a 2007 Mazda3, and would give it up in a heartbeat for a 2010 MZ3. I would not, however, trade it for a Rabbit, or even a GTI for that matter. The VW's just are too different. It's really a matter of taste.

And as far as equipment goes, other than the lack of heated seats, a MZ3 S Sport 5 door with the Bose/Roof package has all that a Rabbit with all available options has going for it and more, and the prices are more than comparable. You can't get leather in a Rabbit at all, unless you count a GTI, and if you go that route you are in the upper $26k range MSRP (at least from what I can recall, I don't feel like parusing the back lot right now).
    Well, for the MZ3 Grand Touring you get all the goodies for 24k plus change right.As far as your sport goes you can put heated seats in for $850.00, and are you talking manual or tiptronic. Also, how can an auto tranny get the same milage as a manual?
    I think Mazda has it right finally. I wonder what Honda and Toyota will do?
    Does mazda offer the 2.3 still?They might have all 3, 2.0 ,2.3,and a 2.5liter. I would prefer engines as an option though. I forgot the Rabbit has heated seats. I priced one with Moonroof and heated seats no arm rest $19600.00 MSRP. I think you're right ,but
    I have to check mpg for both. :shades: