Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Mazda3

Comments

• diehard080diehard080 Posts: 19
    Mazda Has made several mid-year changes one of which I am GLAD I made the cut on but at the time didnt realize it ! First the Mazda 3 S-GT hatchbacks were all outfitted with side mirror turn indicator lights . Then that evaporated and was only avaliable on the Speed-3 , of course on the Speed-3 no xenons or leds were ever avaliable. It did urk me a bit because I wanted those indicator lights as I believe they are a HUGE safety accessory . What the heck - I wanted the 0% apr for 60 mos and thats the price I paid . There were a few left sparsly all over different Nor Cal dealers but nobody had the 3 color choices I wanted or that had big time demo miles logged --NO THANKS to led-footed demo roaches that just want to hammer the heck out of a new car to prove it can measure up to something else they bought. So I found my 5D HB S-GT Mazda3 with Bose/Roof pax in Silver w 2 miles on it !
    . Heres the catch ---right about late January the Faux - Pontoon intake grilles located on either side of the front main grill did actually serve a purpose ! Well we all know that the rectangular fog lights are located in the lower portion of both sides HOWEVER ......on the DRIVERS SIDE the black pontoon grill WAS FUNCTIONAL ... If you were an early buyer or a late buyer that got older stock ( ME) right behind that drivers pontoon grill was a dedicated 6" x 4" TRANSMISSION COOLER !!!! Yes thats right a dedicated transmission cooler --now they have dropped it on ALL hatchbacks and sedan GT-S models for good and its a blocked out solid piece of black plastic just like the passengar side is !

I got one and they did it again to save $$$. Sorry to those who didnt get one Im sure you are fine but I personally like knowing that my Trans. is staying at a regulated temp for long life . The fact that they eliminated that says quite a bit and I attribute it to cheap skate buyers that keep trying to fleece the dealers below invoice --so to all you cheap skates thanks for turning Mazda backwards towards a cheaper car by not paying a simple profit to the dealer --
  • marsdogmarsdog Posts: 9
    Wow, thanks for that info! I was definitely one of the earliest buyers and I was hesitant to buy so early, based on the old premise of never buying a first run of a new model. After reading your post I'm so glad I did! I knew about the dropping of the side turn signals (and agree about their importance), but had no idea about the cooler. In fact, I had to run outside and see if I have one, and glad to know that I do! I was attracted to this car for many reasons, but one was the value for the amount of technology and accessories available. In an effort to keep the price low, Mazda has effectively raised prices by clandestinely dropping equipment that isn't easily noticed by an excited buyer at a dealer! At least I know when it's time to sell my car, I can tout it as being virtually unique with both side markers and tranny cooler! :)
  • diehard080diehard080 Posts: 19
    Hey Marshdog- I must say I would have glady paid even sticker just to have the turnsignals also - as yes you are driving a special vehicle that god only knows how many actually made it to the USA fully equipped , but given the chioce I am glad the Trans cooler is in mine - worst case is I could lay out big $$ to change the mirrors but --I dont think I want to afford it --good job because I just took my first major trip up hwy 1 north of SF Calif. thru Bodega bay , Point Reyes and Nicasio Resivor and this car cuts through those switchbacks like its dancing effortlessly in a sublime and unchallenged contest to have every car on the road move off to the right and I continually had to look down and say "Am I really going that fast?" because Im not even pushing it ---it was a thing of beauty that had me smiling from ear to ear --this new 2010 is better than my 2009 lexus 250is was in EVERY WAY--thats no joke/ also no contest with my now sold 2008 Mazda3 S-GT HB :shades: - I would sure feel stupid driving that 2010 Lexus is250 thats actually a Toyota Corolla on roids ..or not just looking like it is ---look closely they are the SAME CAR --Toyota you dont fool anybody but Toyota drivers ,,thats like taking candy from a baby.
  • marsdogmarsdog Posts: 9
    That's great to hear! I love my car and know it's awesome, but to hear the comparison from a Lexus owner, well... that's quite a statement! I've always liked the is250, and if money were a bit looser, I probably would have looked more closely at it, but seems fate helped me make the right choice! :)
  • aiwa112aiwa112 Posts: 7
    anyone who has a 2010 or earlier mazda 3 hb and has driven it in snow, can you let me know your experiences in the snow and if snow tires (which ones) helped out a lot. thanks
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    My 2009 Mazda3 5-Speed did prefectly well during the winter of 2008-2009 (when we had 95" of snow in our very hilly New England town) shod with only Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires.
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    anyone who has a 2010 or earlier mazda 3 hb and has driven it in snow, can you let me know your experiences in the snow and if snow tires (which ones) helped out a lot

It's good that you're planning ahead! The simple truth is if you drive in the snow, buy snow tires. You may be able to get away with all seasons for the first year, but one slide in the snow, could result in thousands of dollars damage, so why risk it? Michelin, Bridgestone, Yokohama, Toyo, etc. make great snow tires.

p.s. My snow tires have lasted eight winters!
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,674
    My 2009 Mazda3 5-Speed did prefectly well during the winter of 2008-2009 (when we had 95" of snow in our very hilly New England town) shod with only Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires.

My 2007 MS3 runs Pirelli PZero Nero All Seasons from November to March and I have no problem driving in winter weather.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    edited June 2010
    My snow tires have lasted eight winters!

Experts warn that tires more than six years old can fail catastrophically

Read more: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/24390155/#ixzz0qt357ZhG

as you say "why risk it"? Better buy some new tires.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    My 2007 MS3 runs Pirelli PZero Nero All Seasons from November to March and I have no problem driving in winter weather.

Impressive for a Mazdaspeed.....I guess tires make all the difference. WIth the OEM, winter driving is a major challenge.
    edited June 2010
    Better buy some new tires.
    Already done! Thanks for the article.
  • whobodymwhobodym Posts: 151
    my Mazda3 SGT 5dr 6MT is just back from a 3300 mile trip, Seattle-San Diego, which gave enough time to carefully check the speedometer and odometer against all the mileposts we saw in the middle of nowhere. A surprise! Unlike every other car I've owned before going back to '77 Rabbit, the speedometer does not exaggerate the car's speed. It's nearly exactly accurate. Too bad the Nevada Highway Patrol noticed before I did... And the odometer underreads by 3% -- 50 miles of mileposts in eastern Oregon registered only 48.5 miles on the car's odometer. So the gas mileage is that much better than what I previously thought. My car has the stock OEM 17" wheels with stock 205/50-17 Yokohama tires. (other tire brands may have slightly different circumferences, which could affect this.)
    I got odd results from my 2010 MZ3 SGT navigation system driving back from Southern California to the Pacific NW via Nevada and Eastern Oregon. Boron CA to Death Valley to Tonapah NV to Winnemucca NV are all 2-lane roads, but most of the segments have 70mph speed limits, and there is only light traffic all the way. As I programmed in each successive destination, the car gave me ETAs that implied an average speed of only 40mph or so. We routinely arrived at each point 2 hours or so ahead of the initial ETA, and watched the arrival time descend minute by minute the whole way getting there. What gives? (The southbound trip was all on I-5, and the estimates were all much more reasonable)
  • katiejo49katiejo49 Posts: 5
    When I got my Mazda 3i touring, the salesman set up the bluetooth. I loved it!! Now my phone died & I had to get a new phone, it's the same brand (samsung) but a different model & the bluetooth no longer works.

Can someone explain step by step (explain like I'm in kindergarten) how to re program the new phone into the car? Thanks so much.....
    Have you tried looking in your Owner's Manual?
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,674
    What is this "Owners Manual" you speak of?

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

"What is this "Owners Manual" you speak of?"

Sorry; lost my mind, just for a second. :P
    it's that 800 page book, the "manual" part means the few sentences that come between the 4,000 warnings of death/injury.
    Host,

Can we please have a Mazda2 thread? There has been a few for the Fiesta for a while, and the Mazda2's are due here in less then a month.
    Can we please have a Mazda2 thread?
    Agreed!
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Posts: 1,230
    Can we please have a Mazda2 thread?

Seconded (or thirded) :)
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    Can't anyone who wants to start a new topic...such as "Mazda2"?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,913
    Hang on... I'm checking where the group should land (I think it might wind up in sedans), but I anticipate that a new group is just around the bend ;)

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Posts: 1,230
    A new group IMO is the way to go, since most (if not all) of these sub-compacts are available as a sedan, hatch, even a Crossover (the new Mini Countryman)...
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,913
    Well at the moment, the only body style listed on the Mazda2 info page here at Edmunds is a sedan, so that's why I'm thinking it will wind up there

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 796
    Only the 5-door Hatchback version of the Mazda2 will be sold in the U.S. and Canada...so it seems like "Hatchback" would be the appropriate category (for the moment). A 3-door Hatchback is sold in Europe and Australia. A 4-door sedan built in Thailand is also sold in Australia in addition to to Southeast Asia. However, the 4-door sedan is not sold in Europe and won't be sold in North America either.

The "Body Style" forum categories could use a bit of an overhaul. The current categories are Convertible, Coupe, Hatchback, SUV, Sedan, Truck, Van and Wagon. I'd like to see groupings by size rather than body style - Subcompact (Mazda2), Compact (Mazda3), Mid-size (Mazda6), etc. Just a thought....
    Only the 5-door Hatchback version of the Mazda2 will be sold in the U.S. and Canada...so it seems like "Hatchback" would be the appropriate category (for the moment).

True, "hatchback" is the appropriate category based on what I have read about the Mazda2.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 796
    It will be interesting to see how well the hatchback-only Mazda2 sells here in the U.S. It may have a few less techno-tricks than the Ford Fiesta, but a loaded Mazda2 Touring has a sticker price of only $16,185...a lot of car for the price!

But Mazda needs to update the transmissions (to at least a 6-speed manual and 5-speed automatic) and find another 15-20hp along the way, too! =) And why are they showing the car in 'Spirtied Green Metallic' in all the media photos (Kermit would love it)???
    Hi everyone,

Here are the changes for the 2011 Mazda3. Enjoy!

■Standard Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Traction Control (TCS) on all models
    ■Power door locks with auto-lock function added to i SV and i Sport models
    ■Rain-sensing wipers, auto on/off headlights, Bi-Xenon auto-leveling headlights, Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) and rear LED taillamps available on s Sport models with A/T
    ■Standard 265-Watt Bose Centerpoint 10-speaker surround sound audio system with Audiopilot (s Grand Touring)
    ■Standard in-dash six-disc/MP3 compatible CD changer (s Grand Touring)
    ■Standard moonroof with one-touch open (s Grand Touring)
    ■Standard coolant "low temperature" warning light (all models)