Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions

Comments

• nrwaynenrwayne Member Posts: 45
    I need the following information for prospective lease of a 2010 Genesis 3.8, both
    24 & 36 month:
    Residual %
    Money factors
    Incentives (loyalty, etc.)
    Bank fee
    Required services, incl. costs (other than oil changes & tire rotation)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Correct, the addition of navigation to a Genesis Coupe Track model lowers its residual value by 2%.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Hyundai Finance publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Tonystarks22, while most of the Track models in dealer stock may come equipped with navigation it technically does not come standard on this car. The residual value drops by 2% on models with navigation.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nrwayne. Hyundai has a number of different trim levels for the 3.8 Coupe. For now I will make an assumption about which specific one you want. Let me know if you want something different.

I don't believe that Hyundai is providing support on 24 month leases of this car right now. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track without navigation with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00224 and 58%, respectively.

Hyundai Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on leases. You really don't have to perform any maintenance other than tire rotation and oil changes on leased vehicles.

Hyundai is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman, thank you for your quick reply. My mistake, though. I meant the 3.8 sedan, not the coupe. I'd appreciate the numbers on that model so I can make an informed decision.
    I spoke with a CT Hyundai dealer earlier today. He quoted me .00127 money factor, 53% residual, $591.90 with zero down on a 36 month lease. Also said that Hyundai was not supporting 24 month leases. Given that information, the Genesis route may not be the best choice. In view of the current deals available on BMW 5s, I'm thinking that's probably the better way to go at the moment, especially since the bimmer is available with four-wheel drive.
  • frankrizzofrankrizzo Member Posts: 67
    There are quite a few "left overs" on dealer lots around the US, and I'm considering picking one up. Does Hyundai still list leasing info on them?

If so, what's the pertinent info for a 2009 3.8L with technology, and premium plus. 12K miles would be fine.

24-36-48 month.

Thanks!
    Frank
  • capplacappla Member Posts: 29
    What was the cost of purchasing the extra 3,000 or 5,000 miles in advance?
    You're welcome, nrwayne. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Genesis Sedan 3.8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00102 and 51%, respectively.

Hyundai is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of Genesis Sedans.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Frank. Unfortunately, Hyundai is not providing lease support on leftover 2009 models any longer. If you are intent on leasing, then you'll have to go with a '10.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carman,
    Based on your information, it appears that a 36-month lease deal at invoice for a 3.8 Genesis sedan with tech and premium packages should come in at $555/month (after $1,000 dealer cash). The one dealer I contacted quoted $591. He said most of these cars were sold down south since they're RWD. My guess is that I'll have to shop around. I have to think that there's a high-volume dealer somewhere who will beat that by a wide margin. I don't mind traveling for an hour or two to make a decent savings.
  • frankrizzofrankrizzo Member Posts: 67
    Thanks Car_man. That being the case, can you tell me the rates on 3.8 & 4.6 sedans, 12K miles? (Does equipment matter that much to lease numbers?)
  • teasipteasip Member Posts: 16
    Looked at a Genesis 4.6 today with Tech/Premium packages. Sticker is $43800 and according to this site's FMV less the $1500 discount for owning a Lexus I come up with a Cap Cost price of $39703. I intend to pay the sales tax and other necessary fees up front. I don't see residual values for a 4.6 at 36 mos. so I used 51% and the current MF of 0.00102 (tier 1 credit). This gives me a lease price of $579.74. This look correct, and if so, a reasonable offer on my part?
  • easilyamusedeasilyamused Member Posts: 2
    In Houston, TX, looking to lease the GT or track v6 manual genesis coupe for 48 months. Looking for an idea on the residual value and monthly payments for that car. Really appreciate some help here. Thank you.
    No problem FrankRizzo. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Genesis Sedan V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Genesis Sedan V8 are .00102 and 52%.

When negotiating your lease on either of these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi easilyamused. I don't believe that Hyundai is offering supported 48 month leases on the Genesis Coupe right now.

Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Genesis Coupe GT without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00224 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Genesis Coupe Track V6 without navigation with a manual transmission are .00224 and 58%.

When negotiating your deal on either of these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available leases of on them.

Car_man
    Host
  • bdbear4bdbear4 Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking to lease a Genesis 4.6 with Tech Package within the next month. What information will I need to have (with descriptions) to make sure I'm getting the best deal?
  • davizgunsdavizguns Member Posts: 1
    I just got a Quote from Hyundai dealer for

- 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT lease (36months, 12K)

- $3000 down and $360 + tax

Im not a strong credit holder but I do have a cosigner (credit worthy)

Am I getting a good deal or not? It's my first time getting a car but I dont want to

make lots of mistakes. Please help!!!!!!
  • bennych1bennych1 Member Posts: 2
    Could you please provide the current lease rates for the 2011Genesis in both the 3.8 and 4.6 engines? Money factors and residual % would be helpful. Also, are there other lease incentives? Thanks
  • pc_genesispc_genesis Member Posts: 6
    Got an amazing Genesis today!!

3000 down ,490 per month for 36 months with window tinting!!!

BTW its fully loaded with the premium and tech package

Portland,Oregon
  • toyetoye Member Posts: 351
    Congratulations on your new purchase!!!!
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,900
    Enjoy your Genesis! What color combo? If I may, I suggest next time you lease put less money down and roll it into your payments. In the event of a total loss you would never get back the upfront (cap cost reduction) money.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• sandy25sandy25 Member Posts: 65
    Enjoy your new ride. Did the $3000 down include the $595 acquisition fee, 1st month payment and dealer fees?
    Yes it did include all that stuff !!

what do u guys think abt the deal..

is it great, good , bad??

BTW ****the car is simply AWESOME and just makes u wanna drive it more and more****
  • higeoffhigeoff Member Posts: 1
    For 36 month lease, please?
    just to clarify its not a GT, its a genesis sedan
  • muse426muse426 Member Posts: 7
    what is the money factor for the sedan as well as the coupe for 2010 and/or 2011 models?
    i read through some of the postings from a few months ago and cannot believe it is as high as .00205.
    it would be a 36 month/12k lease. in both cases it would be for the 3.8.
  • avexavex Member Posts: 37
    Car_man:

Could you please provide the September 2010 residual and MF for both the Genesis Coupe 3.8 BASE (i.e. no Nav) model and the Genesis Coupe 3.8 "GT" model? I would prefer numbers for 2011 models, if available.

I am interested only in a 36 month lease at 15k miles per year.

Anyone know if 3.8 coupes are selling below invoice?

Thank you.
    Hi bennych1. Hyundai's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Sedan V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Genesis Sedan V8 are .00142 and 55%.

I don't believe that Hyundai is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the '11 Genesis Sedan right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi muse426. The '11 Genesis Coupe's money factors and residual values vary by trim level. They're anywhere from .00150 to .00180 on the '11 Coupe.

Hyundai Finance's current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the '11 Genesis Sedan V6 are .00132 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, avex.

Hyundai Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base '10 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT with an automatic transmission are .00180 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • genesis57genesis57 Member Posts: 21
    I've got a 2009 3.8 Genesis loaded that is coming off the 24 month lease and has 25K miles. Have loved this car...so want to keep it. Just wondering if anyone else has purchased after the lease and if: 1) you were able to negotiate the sale price at all? (not common), 2) had any surprises with the process?, 3) worked with a dealership or sent the payoff check directly to lien holder?

It's nice to buy out a lease and end up with several thousand in equity (to BB retail) and a great car)

Also, any other experiences with getting service dept to replace the Throttle Position Sensor? I have noticed some hesitation on acceleration lately....

Thanks!
    Mine will be up after 36 months and I will probably have about 37k on it and they 3.8 Tech my buy out will be just under 19k according to my paperwork.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You cannot negotiate the sale price of a car coming off lease. What the lease paper works states is the residual value is the price you pay. Think about it, if the car were worth a lot less then the contracted residual value would you let the lender charge you for the difference?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • genesis57genesis57 Member Posts: 21
    Yeah....think about it. You can indeed negotiate the lease buyout sale price with some companies, my question was regarding any experience with Hyundai. Most lease returns are going to go to auction, or will be sold at a discount to a dealer and they won't get the full residual, so there's often room for negotiation. Some companies have an insurance that covers this gap, so they are not motivated to deal...but buyers will never know who does, and who doesn't...so again, my question regarding any real life experience. I doubt there is...but it can't hurt to ask.
  • bennych1bennych1 Member Posts: 2
    I had a great experience. Had a 3.8 2009 with 17000 miles. To get best financial deal, I decided to lease a 2011 4.6. I couldn't negotiate buyout price with Hyundai finance but negotiated trade price with dealer. Picked up 2000 equity from trade and no turn in fees (400). Got a terrific price on 2011 and for a 3 year lease lowered my lease payment 40 month with big improvement in the car. I loved my 2009 but...Drive the 2011...it is a much better ride with every bell and whistle. Also, check out hyundai think tank/hyundai circle. Path to a fabulous deal!
  • infalliblesalinfalliblesal Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car man,

can you provide me with the following information on a 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 base (no navi) with Automatic Transmission, on a 36 month, 12000 miles/yr lease, in NYC

MSRP
    Invoice
    Holdback
    Residual %
    Residual $
    Money Factor
    Estimated Monthly payment with 0 down

Would also appreciate the same info for Grand Touring of the same model.
    edited October 2010
    Hi infalliblesal. You can find the pricing data that you're looking for over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Hyundai Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 57%, respectively.

I believe that the numbers for the Grand Touring model are .00150 and 58%.

Let me know what the prices for the exact models that you are interested in are and I will be happy to work up some sample lease payments on them for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • infalliblesalinfalliblesal Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

I wrote up a purchase order on a 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring in Dark Gray for 29696 (500 above invoice?)

I'm assuming destination is included in that, since the numbers tied to edmunds as follows:
    27918 Invoice
    +228 Options (cargo net, cargo tray, ipod cable, carpeted floor mats at invoice)
    +250 advertising
    +800 destination
    =29196

When I worked up the numbers i did:
    +500 dealer profit negotiated

=29696

+595 Bank fee (standard non negotiable?)
    -400 student rebate

=29891 adjusted cap

-17884.3 Residual (@ 58% MSRP of 30835, quoted and confirmed by dealer)

=12006.7 depreciation
    /36
    =333.52 Dpereciation / month

and then using leaseguide.com method:
    (29891 +17884.3) x .0015 (quoted by you, confirmed from dealer)
    =71.66 Interest per month

333.52+71.66= ~ 405

I meet with the finance manager on saturday (unless i can get there tonight), but I believe the sales guy and I were agreeing at about 409 per month, pre tax.

In NYS the tax is on the sum of the payments (409 x 36 x .08875 = 1306.75/36= ~36.30, making my total monthly about 445.30)

If you could confirm the quality of this deal I would appreciate it. I am assuming that the 800 destination is already built into this price, and I think theyre going to try and add it on again next to the bank fee. Am I correct in assuming that I should not allow this?

Please let me know if your calculation of a good deal on the monthly payment on this car is significantly different from mine.
    Hi infalliblesal. $500 over dealer invoice is a very good deal for a leased 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. If you think that the invoice price that the dealer quoted you is not accurate, you can look it (including the destination charge) up over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Also, you might want to check to make sure that the dealer is using Hyundai Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00180 to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • mwahlertmwahlert Member Posts: 101
    what are the current residual and money factors for 2010 and 2011 genesis sedan 4.6L?

looking for 36mths 15k

thanks!
    Hi mwahlert. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Sedan V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00059 and 48%.

Hyundai is providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 model, but no cash on the 2011 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • agamemnonagamemnon Member Posts: 11
    I'm interested in leasing a 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0

Anyone know the residual and money factor for November?
    Greetings agamemnon. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Hyundai Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • agamemnonagamemnon Member Posts: 11
    Sorry for not including the term and miles, but you're correct. 36months/15k miles

Thank you for the information. Appreciate it!
  • genesis_ownergenesis_owner Member Posts: 1
    After almost decades of owning premium / luxury cars, I made the regrettable decision to buy a Hyundai. All my friends and family were skeptical. I have spent the past several months working with dealers and HMA Consumer Affairs to address the problems. Every time they tell me they DO NOT see the problems. Is anyone else having these problems? The whole experience has been extremely disappointing.

1. Rattling / grinding sound: This is mostly when driving at lower gears (0-40mph). The rattling becomes faint when the car is in cruise mode.

2. Jerky transmission: the car jumps a gear very often while accelerating and decelerating

3. Squeaking / cranking sound from the rear seat when driving over a rough / bumpy road. Sometimes the noise is so loud, I am worried something may fall off.

4. Loud rumbling noise when starting the car first thing in the morning

5. Vibrations while driving, this got progressively worse and I noticed the passenger seat shaking back and forth.

6. The horizontal defog elements on rear wind screen give a hazy view at night

7. Tires are wearing off and tread is low at only 30k miles.

8. The cabin lights flicker when switched ON or the door is opened.
  • sergio19sergio19 Member Posts: 90
    First of all...I smell troll!!!!!!!!

1. Rattling / grinding sound: This is mostly when driving at lower gears (0-40mph). The rattling becomes faint when the car is in cruise mode.
    No such problems on my 18 month old Genesis V8/Tech

2. Jerky transmission: the car jumps a gear very often while accelerating and decelerating

3. Squeaking / cranking sound from the rear seat when driving over a rough / bumpy road. Sometimes the noise is so loud, I am worried something may fall off.

4. Loud rumbling noise when starting the car first thing in the morning

5. Vibrations while driving, this got progressively worse and I noticed the passenger seat shaking back and forth.

6. The horizontal defog elements on rear wind screen give a hazy view at night

7. Tires are wearing off and tread is low at only 30k miles.
    Wow...you got lucky that you made it that far with the Duncraps!

8. The cabin lights flicker when switched ON or the door is opened.
  • kenb757kenb757 Member Posts: 149
    The next Lexus, huh? LOL. The car rides like crap to begin with. The other stuff just serves to get you "closer" to the "driving experience."
    I've got to agree with Sergio on this one... I've also have had my Genesis for 19 months....28k on it and the only disapointment has been the Dunlaps which I replaced when the back two tires shown extra wear at 23k and replaced all to keep the ride, drive like new.....!

The only thing I could think of is that "genesis owner" rode the worn down tires well beyond exceptable levels and the quality ride deteriorated to where it became unacceptable. New tires does make a difference!!
    You're very welcome, agamemnon.

Car_man
    Host
  • ctlctl Member Posts: 129
    although some items are a bit nitpicking, the list seems real and reasonable. No car is perfect, Hyundai is far from it. Not sure who's the troll here...
This discussion has been closed.