Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'm glad that you find this discussion so helpful, icarlswag. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Sedan 4.6L with 15,000 miles per year are .00033 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello danos3. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ahashmi. Hyundai Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan V6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00147 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi toyoman8. A selling price of under dealer invoice is an excellent deal on a 2012 Genesis Sedan.

Using an MSRP of $42,050 and a selling price of $41,100, I estimate that this '12 Genesis Sedan V8 would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $572.

Car_man
    Host
  • jbailey895jbailey895 Member Posts: 51
    Hey all, great forum. Need the above to figure a lease for a friend. Also, are there no incentives or holdbacks that can be worked into a lease? Anyone got what they felt was a fair deal on a 2012 V8 for comparo purposes?
    Thanx,
    Joel
  • 41lobster41lobster Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    Thank you so much for all of your information here!
    Can you provide some updated October buy rate lease money factor and residual values?
    2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium Auto
    36 month lease, 15k/yr

I am leasing in TX.
    Thanks so much!
  • billw81billw81 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Hello! I see on Hyundai's website that they are running a lease special through the end of the month: LEASE STARTING AT $259/MONTH FOR 36 MONTHS

Is this a good deal? I have excellent credit and want the cheapest option (2.0T). If I would qualify for this, am I still supposed to negotiate a particular price or is this promotion sort of negating the need for all of that?

New to all of this, so thanks!

*EDIT* I just read the fine print: Lease a 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Manual Transmission Standard Package for $259/month for 36 months, $2,699 due at lease signing ($2,440 customer cash down plus $259 for 1st month payment).

I would want the automatic and this requires money down. Maybe not such a great deal.
    Hey Joel. Hyundai Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan V8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00147 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome 41lobster. Hyundai Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium Auto with 15,000 miles per year are .00227 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello billw81. Most manufacturers' official advertised leases leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who live in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the ones that were used to arrive at manufacturers advertised payments.

If I was in the market for this car, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • billw81billw81 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for the info, Car Man.

Surprisingly, I've only had a few response to my request for quotes from local dealers. My best so far is as follows for a 2012 Genesis Coupe, 2.0 Turbo Automatic:

MSRP $24,635
    Internet Price before Tax and Tags: $23,682
    Lease Residual Value: 61%
    Money Factor .00227
    $552 due at signing for tags and first payment, with a $364 monthly payment

I got a quote of $400 less if I was interested in a color actually on the lot. Is it a pretty standard fee for bringing in another car?

The only unknown is how much they will give me for my trade-in. I will say that I'm much happier with this dealership than the others I spoke to. They gave me all of the information that I asked for without any hassle, unlike the others. Everyone else wants me to tell them what my best offer is so they can undercut it and are hesitant to just give me a number.

*EDIT* The dealer invoice for this vehicle is $22,354. They should be able to come down several hundred dollars, I would think. Why does Edmonds include a $850 destination fee when calculating TMV? They have TMV as $23,911.
  • dabullsdabulls Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Carman,

What is the money factor / residual value for 36,000 mile (12 per year) 36 month lease given by Chicagoland Hyundai dealers for top tier credit applicants for month of October 2011 on the 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 model no upgrades?
    Hi billw81. All manufacturers charge a destination fee on the vehicles that they sell. This fee has to be paid by consumers, so it is included in the TMV.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings dabulls. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00147 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigben8bigben8 Member Posts: 3
    Want to lease 2012 Hyundai Genesis -3.8 4 door Sedan with premium package paying $2,000 down with 36 month lease and 12,000 miles/year. Dealer quoted $399/month, but I ran numbers and think it should be more like $350/month. I have excellent credit. Any thoughts?
  • misslaumisslau Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car man,

Can you please provide the residual and money factor values for the 2012 Genesis Coupe for both the 3.8 Grand Touring & 2.0 T Premium (if they are different)? All else can be standard (36 mo, 12k mi/yr).

Also, do the lease rates typically remain the same each month for the Genesis Coupe?

Thanks!
    Hi bigben8. If you provide us with the full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the vehicle that you're interested in I would be happy to use Hyundai Finance's actual lease program to work up a sample payment for you. You can find that pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, misslau. Hyundai Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium are .00227 and 61%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car man. Here's what I have:

MSRP $40,045
    Selling price $34,950
    Dealer fee $489.00
    Battery disposal $1.50
    Tire disposal $5.00
    Tag and title documentation $105.00
    Private tag agency $15.00
    Car man,

By the way, the $2,000 I am putting down is $2,000 due at signing and includes the first month lease payment.
  • misslaumisslau Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Car Man! Would the 2.0T Base values be the same as the premium (61% and .00227)?
  • dspmusicdspmusic Member Posts: 4
    Car man,

Can you work up lease numbers for Genesis Sedan 4.6 v8 based on the following:

MSRP: $45,530
    Selling Price: 39,558
    Fees: $623
    Sales Tax 3%
    36 months and 12k miles
  • michaelkinlbmichaelkinlb Member Posts: 1
    Can you provide some updated November buy rate lease money factor and residual values?
    2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan V6
    36 month lease, 15k/yr & 12k/yr.
    Thanks.
    You're welcome bigben8. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Hyundai Genesis V6 that has an MSRP of $40,045 and a selling price of $34,950 through Hyundai Finance right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $412 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. If all of the fees were added to the selling price to roll them into the lease, this payment would increase to around $430.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome misslau. I believe that the lease program would be the same.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly can, dspmusic. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Genesis Sedan that has an MSRP of $45,530 and a selling price of $39,558 through Hyundai Finance right now for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $487 assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, michaelkinlb. Hyundai Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00147 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • oneskinnydaveoneskinnydave Member Posts: 5
    Hey All - love this forum, glad I stumbled upon it! Special thanks to car_man for all the help!

I've recently started to get numbers on a R-Spec sedan - and they seemed a little high for some reason. The MSRP is around $47,500 - actual price on the car is $43,300. I live in Maryland so our sales tax on cars is 6%. The MF I was given was 0.00228, RV is 57% - (on a 15k/year lease). Payments were around $620/month....but to me the MF seems higher then normal. Is that something the dealer determines individually, or is that set across the company as a whole? I should be more then qualified for a top tier lease (almost perfect credit score)...so I'm not sure if because the sale price is below invoice, they are trying to make back money on the finance!

Let me know what you think, and also do you know what the rates might look like for December? Thanks!
    You're welcome oneskinnydave. Hyundai Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan R-Spec with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Using this lease program, an MSRP of $47,500, and a selling price of $43,300, I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $615.

Car_man
    Host
  • zmaynardzmaynard Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

Could you please give me the lease rates for a 39mo lease 12k mi on a 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track?

Thanks!
    I'd be happy to zmaynard. Hyundai Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • comcfcomcf Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Thank you for your great work. Can you please help with current money gactors and residuals on 36 months lease 12/15k for genesis sedan 3.8 and 4.6.

Also, what is a reasonable sale price before the rebate. Is it reasonable to get about 39000 on a car with msrp of 44,500?

Thank you!
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    I helped my dad get the 6 cylinder with premium package and technology. List was $44035. He got it on the lease for $38,000 which also included the wing emblems for the trunk and wheels. He put $2k for driveoffs and payment was $459 including sales tax...best deal we could find....
  • km38iakm38ia Member Posts: 16
    Hey Car Man
    Can you help me with some payments. i want to get the base v6 sedan. for a 36mo 12k lease and with 0 down, what would be the monthly payments?

Thanks
  • mgott23mgott23 Member Posts: 3
    Is is possible to get out of my 2009 4.6 lease early by 8 months? I am about to hit 45K miles (my limit). Like to get a 2012 5.0. what are the pros/cons and costs?
  • georgiaguy1georgiaguy1 Member Posts: 16
    Please advise which state you purchased your Hyundai. Here in GA can't seem to get them to go that low.

Thanks,
    Ron
  • Gatorfan123Gatorfan123 Member Posts: 37
    Try using trucar website. (way it works is you take the print out to participating dealer and you get that price). It is showing a no haggle price of $38279 with a 3.8V with tech package. ($1500 Hyundai loyalty incentive included)

Since you know the residual and MF rates, you will get the best deal.
  • Gatorfan123Gatorfan123 Member Posts: 37
    Carman,

Can I get the residual and MF for a Genesis 5.0 R-Spec on for 36 month lease with 12k per miles.

Also, have these numbers been consistent or you do expect MF to increase after the first of the year.

Thanks,

Srin
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    It was in california
  • stockolostockolo Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Can you please provide the current lease money factor and residual value for a 2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8L V6? I'd have top tier credit.
    It would be a 48 month lease with 15k/yr.

Many Thanks!
  • manchegomanchego Member Posts: 3
    I am in FL and leased same car with same terms (48/15K) with both tech and premium pkgs for $458/mo including service loaner and maint program.
  • stockolostockolo Member Posts: 2
    Wow $458?! Sounds like you got a smoking deal there. Was that with some $ down?

I'm in FL too...hope I have as much success.
    Greetings Srin. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan 5.0 R-Spec with 12,000 miles per year are .00169 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello stockolo. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan 3.8L V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Make sure to keep in mind that Hyundai is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of Genesis Sedans.

Car_man
    Host
  • emmissemmiss Member Posts: 16
    Hi all. I did an impulse lease purchase tonight and am kicking my self now for not researching it properly. I am hoping I did not get ripped as I know zilch about their leasing tricks. I did the worse thing possible and told them I didn't want to pay over $400/month and not put anything down. In the end, I walked out paying the first payment of $400 only and they handed me the keys.

Please tell me how bad I got ripped on my 36 month, 12K/yr lease.

2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring A/T
    MSRP: $30885 (from Manufacturer sticker)
    Extras: Pinstriping, Window Tint, ext paint treatment, etc.. They had an addl sticker but it is gone now and I think the final marked up price was around $32500..

Net Cap Cost: 27415

MF: .00235 (I think)
    Residual 56%
    Residual value 17604

Do you need to know anything else about the lease to know if it was a good deal?

Thanks.
  • emmissemmiss Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2012
    actually, marked up price was 33,275 and it also included nitrogen and wheel locks..

do the numbers work out or was $400/mo more than I should have paid?
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    Although its too late to change now, but for future reference, you paid more than you needed to. For some reason your MF is ridiculously high.

I don't wanna upset you but always shop around before making a buy, and let the dealer offer you a price first before you tell him what you want to pay.

Anyways, you have a new car, enjoy it and think its worth whatever you're paying. :)
  • allin1979kkallin1979kk Member Posts: 3
    looking at a 48 month lease 12k yr on the R SPEC ? also 46. for 48 monx 12k yr ? whats the mf on each ? thx again for all your help???? love this place.. lots of good answers//
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    Does anyone know what the current lease deal is on a 3.8l Genesis sedan with a premium package?
  • allin1979kkallin1979kk Member Posts: 3
    HELLO / GREAT JOB CAR GUY../ THX FOR ALL YOUR HELP // LOOKING FOR THE MONEY FACTOR FOR THE R SPEC FOR 48 MONTHS( 12K YR) ALSO JUST CHECKING , WHAT ABOUT THE 4.6 48 MONTH X 12K YR ALSO / TOP TEIR ./ THX AGAIN ////
This discussion has been closed.