Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Tire Input

keystone2k9keystone2k9 Member Posts: 25
edited April 2014 in Lincoln
Went to the shop this week and the mechanic left a note on my invoice saying my tires might need future attention soon. So that has me thinking about my next set of tires.

Anybody have any suggestions on some good value, *quiet* all season tires that are good in wet weather? (It's almost the holidays here in SF and it tends to get real wet).

Comments

• leadfoot4leadfoot4 Member Posts: 593
    I've used Falken tires on my LS with good results, and they're not "budget breakers".
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    I have Cooper Zeon's on mine, and they seem to do good in the rain. I haven't owned the car for too long, though. Good looking tire, too.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • dana14dana14 Member Posts: 1
    Cant seam to find any winter tires for my Lincoln Ls V6, Canadian Tire advised me to put on 215 60 16 tires and alluminum rims , but didnt work as problems with the brake calipers. Every salesman seams to have a different # that would work. Now a little gun shy. Is there a Canadian out there who has winter tires on a diferent set of rims other then the 235 50 17 stock on my car now, that can help.....thanx
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    I don't think the brake calipers are any different between the V6 and V6 sport so the 16 inch wheel should work. Are you sure the wheel had the right backspacing?
  • jokersmithjokersmith Member Posts: 12
    I second this question. i have been looking for some good winter tires for my LSE, just want to put them on the stock 17s though
  • leadfoot4leadfoot4 Member Posts: 593
    I have a 2000 LS, and I've had the Dunlop Graspic studless snow tires on it for the last 8 winters. They're the 215/60/16s. I'm satisfied with them.

In my situation, due to some circumstances that aren't relevent, I have my snows on my OE wheels, and the previously mentioned Falkens on a set of aftermarket wheels. I don't know if they're still available, because I haven't seen them advertised in quite a while, but the wheels are "MIM Venezia" wheels. I bought them from Discount Tire Direct. They look good, and clear the brake calipers.

Just a caution...For the best winter performance, you want to have as narrow a tire as possible, to cut through the snow, as a wide tire tends to just plow along.
This discussion has been closed.