Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Traverse

Comments

• jingles99jingles99 Member Posts: 14
    Hi, I just bought a 2010 Traverse. It's a day old, and the amber passenger seat, airbag light stays on at all times. Even if no one is seated, or someone is seated, the amber light stays on. Is this normal? The way I read the manual, it should go out after it does a system check. Anyone help?
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    Does it say passenger air bag off or on? It is normal for it to be lit saying off even if no one is seated. Air bags shouldn't deploy with no one seated there so the light saying OFF will always be lit unless someone is seated there.
    Thanks for the quick reply. My concern, is the amber light always stays on with someone seated in the passenger seat, and seat belt fasten. The amber light does not go out. I just want to make sure it is normal for the amber light to stay lighted, with the ON symbol lighted, with a passenger in the seat. thanks
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    On my HHR if no one is sitting in it the amber lights says OFF but if someone sets in the seat it says ON, so yes I'm guessing yours too is always on but with a different message.
    Ok, thank you!
  • blend1blend1 Member Posts: 13
    I bought a new 2010 Traverse LS AWD. When I start the car at 5 AM in the morning the headlights come on. Does anyone know how to stop it from coming on as I would like to warm up the CUV and not let anyone know that I am not in the CUV? I have a 2004 Impala and I would set the emergency brake and that would shut off the headlights until I depress the emergency brake, unfortunately, this does not happen with the Traverse. Any advise would be appreciated.
    Do you have automatic on headlights that come on when its dark? If so you will have to shut that feature off as they are doing what they are supposed to do.
    Thanks. I will try and do just that.
  • hanlinhanlin Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2009 LT1 and have 2 questions but can't find the answers in the manual. was hoping someone here can help. First, there is a "+ and -" symbol on the shifter. What do they mean. I keep accidentally pressing them when I shift. Also, I can't figure out how to let my kids listen to the DVD with their wired headphones and the front seat passengers listen to the radio. I can get the radio to come thru their headphones while the movie audio still comes thru the speakers but can't get it to do the opposite. Any help would be great!
  • dboedboe Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2010
    I've been reading a fair number of Traverse complaints on these forums. But that is true for most cars, a disproportionate number of problems end up on forums, that goes for more than just cars.
    I've been an 'import' guy for sometime. I broke the mold way back in 91 when I bought a Taurus, because I felt buying American was the thing to do, and the model should have matured in 5 years. I guess as it turned out it took another ten years. Besides 2 failed transmissions, and a cylinder head gasket, it was a nice running car when it was up and running, but service across 3 different dealerships was terrible.
    So with Toytoas having problems, Mazda CX-9 has been a strong contender. Not to say it is perfect, but I think a better alternative to the sister cars, the Edge or Linclon MKX . Honda Pilot is a box, but I like their engineering and reliability. But in light of the mediocre performance and economy, the Lambdas seemed worth looking at.
    I wish Ford had something closer to the Traverse. Neither the Escape at the low end or the Explorer at the other end come close. I just don't like the looks of the Flex. But I think Ford has been the most progressive domestic mfr. in terms of quality.
    The big sell with GM has been their styling IMO.
    Anyway, I am still in the evaluation stage, maybe see what I can do about picking up an 2010 when the 11's are ready to come out. I really want the Lambdas to succeed, the concept seems great. It is the long-term I'm concerned about.
  • medinamalibumedinamalibu Member Posts: 71
    I can only address the "+ and -" buttons on the shifter -- those are for upshifting and downshifting while the transmission is in low gear "L." If the Traverse is like my Malibu Maxx, the buttons do nothing unless the shifter is in "L," when the physical gear number appears in the instrument panel.
  • alman08alman08 Member Posts: 282
    I was in your position and I too wanted the lambdas to succeed. I had the Acadia and Outlook on my shopping list. However, after 1.5 years of waiting, I have made this conclusion. If you like to visit your dealers to ask for a fix on water leak, power steering issues, gas tank issues, transmission issues, GM would be the perfect fit for your choice.
  • vanman1vanman1 Member Posts: 1,397
    I don't think you have much to worry about. Our neighbor has had one for 6 months, not one issue. He bought because he has 2 boys in hockey and needs lots of space to throw around hockey bags, it's perfect for that.

Personally I love the styling inside and out. I see a lot of them on the road these days so I suspect many people realizing how good these vehicles are.
    So you don't like them and are now making up bull about them to justify you not being able to afford one. Unless you can give facts instead of hearsay no one is going to listen. Didn't Consumers REport just give the Traverse a best buy and a lot of pluses on quality etc. As much as they hate G.M. I have to go with them instead of you. :P
  • wavehowaveho Member Posts: 31
    As to the headphones, you need to press the "source" button on the center console, facing the 2nd row, to change the source of the sound. Note, I found out that if you wish to attach a game console or whatever to the rear aux in connections, the only way to change the source is through the remote control. It's impossible to change the source from the console. Took some doing to figure this out--the dealership didn't know. Been a great truck for me now at about 18k miles; no engine or electronic problems or leaks whatsoever. Always starts right up. Only issue I had was to have the nav system reprogrammed, and works great since, and the side chrome strip inserts to the side panel moulding (only on the LTZ models) kepts popping out and then peeling back in the wind. Had all 4 panel strips replaced--will probably have the moulding replaced with the solid non-chromed inserts before the warranty is up to avoid future issues. But mechanically, perfect and no complaints after much use, even in poor and snowy weather.
  • jwallyjwally Member Posts: 71
    I wish I had went with the Honda Pilot instead of my Traverse. Recently I brought my vehicle to GM for servicing early when the Mechanics arrived, well I SEE TWO MECHANICS GET OUT OF THEIR HONDA'S. SO WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU??????? before you buy go and see what they are driving
    I have on occasion driven by the Honda factory in Ohio and I see many, many American vehicles as in Ford and GM. So what does that mean? Secondly years ago my son worked for about a year at a Chevy dealer after high school and he like others who worked there bought trade in's for their cars as they could buy them for what the dealer got them from the customer for. Point being there are 2 sides to every story and it sounds like yours is you are trying to justify your mistake by trying to blame the Traverse for some unknown reason. Me, I'd rather help out the american auto industry than send my money to Japan to help out theirs.
    You want a Honda because the mechanics drive them instead of a Traverse? That's your only reason? You didn't test drive a Pilot and other similar SUVs before buying one? Sorry, you sound like a troll. Love my Traverse as a family car. I also own a BMW and a Nissan. So what?
    edited May 2010
    justify my mistake for owning GM cars for 25 years and now poor quality and service(sarcastic),yeah that makes sense.On almost any given day I can count 9 out of 10 MORE Foreign cars then American. What does that tell most other then you.Yeah I should expect too much that at 4000 miles on a brand new car for it not to die on me with a no start?(sarcastic again incase you can't figure it out). A NO START WHICH IS THE SAME PROBLEM ANOTHER POSTER HAD,MUY WAS AT 4019 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do me a favor and go over to the Toyota Camry site and look up the forum on the newer ones and see how many problems they have. NO car is going to go through life with no problems but at least you are alive which a few Toyota people can't say. Yes it is sad to say that but the facts speak for themselves. Look back since the Toyota joke started and tell me is there any car models that they have made in the past few years that haven't had what I would call a MAJOR recall and a good share of them are life threatening. Maybe you are better off then you think. Sure I have had problems with GM back in the 80's and once in the 90's but for the most part for most of us these are now a thing of the past and I feel GM can and does very well in quality. You can't judge all cars by these forums as how many Traverse type vehicles has GM sold since they first came out a few years back. I bet a few hundred thousand and I have to wonder just how many people are on this forum. Maybe a hundred or so. Thats tells me 90+% of them are happy and enjoying their vehicle and not here. Still the bottom line is you are keeping your hard earned money in this country supporting America and not supporting Japan. Somewhere we need to draw the line and bring this country back to the greatness we once had. Paving Japans streets and building their schools won't do that.
  • roadrunner70roadrunner70 Member Posts: 241
    does the v=6 have a timing belt or a chain?? thanks, rr70
    edited May 2010
    I have owned GM vehicles and at times more then one for 25 years,so i think i have experienced enough. My opinion the cars are NOT quality made like they should be. I also owned GM stock and because of a FAILED GM I lost money. I shopped at many Dealerships during cash for clunkers and the Foreign Dealerships were standing room only while the American Dealerships were plenty of seats. I would say a 10 customers at foreign dealers to every one customer at Americans. The experience with a deceptive salesman/dealership at time of sale and servicing makes my decision to go foreign. I was going to buy the 2SS Camaro $40,000 car but now I will never buy American again.being stranded at 4019 miles can be just as dangerous as the issues you state with Toyota.Initially I thought theyGM should of been bailed out but after what I experience they should of went under.I was between this and the Hyundai and a Jeep. If I had one or two small problems it wold be no big deal but with several problems whats that tell you? and the poor servicing of a lazy mechanic to change the oil can't take a second to put a rag on the engine to catch residual oil and spills oil all over the engine and tire and leaves itI had tires rotated tire had oil spilled on outside wall about a foot long and sprayed all over the side of the cars fender. A battery back up that did not work and a no start for a NEW car is disgraceful,besides the many other problems.I have changed engines ,transmissions,rearends,etc on cars so i'm more knowledgeable then the normal person they try to take advantage of. They even claimed to cut the rotors for squeeling when i can see swirls and they were too lazy to cut the rotor that they just sanded it with sand paper AND as soon as i left it squealed. again I see your from Michigan and I use to believe in alot of what you said,I have a American flag in front of my house but sorry i know of many freinds with foreign cars with very little issues at all and high mileage
  • roadrunner70roadrunner70 Member Posts: 241
    all cars have problems. check various message boards. my experience is that there is a luck element when buying a car these days. so many computers, so much can go wrong. rr70
    Don't bother with wally--he's already clearly admitted that he is making it his quest to slam GM because he lost a lot of stock value. Let's just stick to the car facts and honest reviews please.
    Have the 2010 Traverse LS AWD and runs great. No problems. The only thing I wasnt too fond of is the headrest. It sort of pushes your head forward.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter wants to talk with recent buyers of a 6+ seat vehicle in the Detroit area. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 4, 2010 and be sure to include your phone number and the vehicle model you own.
  • mariah4mariah4 Member Posts: 1
    HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED A RATHER LOUD THUMPING NOISE IN THE LEFT REAR OF THEIR 2009 TRAVERSE? BEEN TO DEALER TWICE AND THEY CLAIM IT IS A SUSPENSION NOISE. NOT CONVINCED. WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE?
    I found this on another website under traverseforum.com. I have an AWD this is a front wheel drive but tried it and received better gas mileage. Hope this helps anyone. (Dont think you need to reset as much as he states, I did it only once.)

I have been having mileage problems with my front wheel drive traverse which I described in a prior post.

I took my car to three Chevrolet garages to have it checked and their computer techs (they really are not mechanics anymore!) told me there was nothing wrong with my car and that 17.7 on the highway was just fine mileage...BS!!

After talking with an old experienced mechanic he told me that the trouble could be the traction control switch and that I needed to reset it...he had noting but disdain for this particular feature.

I got my car up to speed, set the cruise and did 6 sets of disengaging and reengaging the traction control and it fixed my problem.

I just got back from a trip to the airport, 125 miles with cruise set at 58 and got 27.1 MPG...amazing!!

Please, try this on your car and report back...this could be the fix to your problems too!
    Wow, that sure had to raise you know what with the brakes too.
  • doylebinazdoylebinaz Member Posts: 3
    On the Chevy Traverse forum people are complaining about the same thing. I took the drivers side headrest out and reinserted it backwards. No / minimal crash protection but a ton more comfortable. Another poster removed and slightly bent them backwards, so they still touch his head but are more comfortable.
  • rvothrvoth Member Posts: 147
    Has anyone found molded mudflaps that fit the Traverse ? The Acadia has a

different interior molded rocker panel around the tire so they will not fit and the

Enclave is different yet again. I have searched the Internet and have only found a

stainless pair from Putco for $106/ pair.
  • scottfish99scottfish99 Member Posts: 3
    New to this forum as we are about to lease a Traverse. When getting a quote for the 1LT with FWD, I stopped and insisted we get AWD. Any experience either way AWD vs FWD? I am on the east coast and can snow a bit and do not want to have the car slipping. Thanks.
  • johnboy18johnboy18 Member Posts: 9
    In the summer of 2011 i hope to get either a Buick Enclave or a Chevy Traverse, I would like to here some owners of both respond THANKS IN ADVANCE! :confuse:
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I don't own one, but ended up with a Traverse as a rental for about two weeks this spring. Put around 2K on it, combination city and rural Interstate and mountain driving. It is big, noticeably larger than many competitors. In fact, I'm not sure why someone would get a Tahoe unless they do serious towing. You will definitely step up getting into it and I'm a 6 footer. Once you get use to its size, it isn't too bad parking it, although rear visibility can be a bit awkward. It handles fine for its size and has a smooth ride. Personally, I don't buy the 24 hwy mpg. I think 21-22 is probably more like it unless you baby it and stay under 70. In town, I'd estimate around 16. The engine is really pretty good. I had cloth seats and after long intervals of driving wanted a bit more thigh support, particularly if I wasn't able to use cruise like in mountain driving, otherwise seating was decent. The interior is less GMish, but still has more than a few cheapo aspects after you spend a bit of time with it. The tranny actually wasn't too bad on shifting and down shifting. Good luck!
  • bigliljenbigliljen Member Posts: 28
    Has anyone had issues with a 2009 Traverse having issues with the stabilitrack and traction control systems? My friend has had the service lights come on, and has had it in service 3 times now for the same problem, and was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similiar.

Thanks!
    blj
  • carl_ndeltacarl_ndelta Member Posts: 4
    I've read a few posts on this issue and they pointed to a bad or loose connector in the back of the console to the main computer. The GMC Acadia's are having the same issue - try searching that forum.

I've also read that it is a loose sensor at one of the wheels for the abs system.
  • maxxmdmaxxmd Member Posts: 18
    Numerous problems.

First, I have to say that I like the Traverse utility and ride but this has been THE WORST vehicle I have ever owned when it comes to service issues. I purchased my Traverse LT in February 2009. I drive mostly highway miles...a lot of miles. I currently have 48K miles on the car/truck.

I really wanted to buy American and I know this is one of the cars GM and Chevy are presenting as their vehicles of the future so I bought in.

I have two issues. First, I have an issue with the steering wheel making noise. I have had the steering wheel replaced and I have had two separate rack and pinion assembles installed 7 months apart.

I also have an issue (A BIG ISSUE) with the car intermittently "bucking" at 1500-1800 rpm's during highway driving. This happens 2-20 times on a 30-150 mile drive. It feels like clogged fuel injectors where the vehicle isn't getting gas. I am able to accelerate through this. I will drive in normal traffic and when the traffic slows, the rpm's fall to 1500-1800. When traffic moves again and I accelerate, the bucking starts. This may be at 409, 50 or 60 mph. The check engine light does not come on and there are no stored computer codes. The problem is intermittent but it does it enough to be very annoying to me and anyone I'm riding or driving with. I did have the service manger drive the car home when the mechanic could not duplicate the issue on their normal 5 mile road test.

The service manager experienced the issue 8 times on the way home and 4 times on the way back to work the next day when he drove my car home 40 miles each way. It took several months of mentioning the issue before I even attempted to correct it because I was always told that if the car wasn’t experiencing the problem when I came in, then there was nothing they could do. I will detail the service below.

Took delivery 1/30/09

4/13/09 Replaced steering wheel assembly due to clicking sound.

8/20/09 Check engine light had been coming on and off for a month - code PO430, low eff bank 2. Reprogrammed ecm and tcm.

11/20/09 Replaced catalytic converter. Check engine light had been coming on and off for months.

11/20/09 Replaced steering rack as steering wheel was still making noise.

7/16/10 Replaced all 3 timing chains.

7/16/10 Replaced cylinder #2 coil and plug. Again, reported bucking issue for months but it never happened near the dealer so I never brought it in.

8/9/10 Replaced cylinder #3 coil and plug

8/9/10 Replaced steering gear (they said it was another rack and pinion). Made sound like corduroy pants rubbing together (service managers description).

8/18/10 Replaced catalytic converter (again). Code PO420. Check engine light was blinking this time.

8/18/10 Replace power steering pump. There was a whine or hum very noticeable while driving.

9/15/10 Traverse back in shop for the same bucking/surging issue. I had been keeping a log and emailing the service manager with what was occurring since the last visit. Issue happened more than 12 times on a 225 mile trip Saturday and more than 8 times on the same trip home Sunday. Drove another 225 miles Tuesday and had the same issue 15+ times.

The "bucking" problem has never been fixed.

I don’t know what to do next. My local DC area dealer (Criswell) has been very nice and very helpful but I think they may be lost too.

I have not contacted Chevrolet. I should probably do that but I dread the long runaround through several levels of customer service people that I know I'm going to get.

I'm in outside sales. LOTS of people know about my issue and if it isn't fixed I wont be the only one not driving a Chevy in the future.

Anyone have any suggestions?
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    Wow maxxmd,
    Don't know what to tell you. I have an '09 Traverse LS. Took delivery in April '09. I drive it for business and have 37K miles. The only issue I've had was a loose airbag electronic cable that indicated my airbag needed to be serviced. And I also had to replace a driver side power window switch. I think it's a solid vehicle inside and out compared to it's predecessors. I would submit a written letter to Chevrolet's customer service and seek out the best resolution for your troubles. Have you asked your dealer service advisor on what action you can take if this debacle continues time after time?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Maxxmd,
    I apologize that you have had concerns with your vehicle. I can have one of our agents look into your concern further. In order to do that I will need the following information e-mailed to me: contact information, VIN, current information, dealership and best time to contact you. Just so you know the agent will require that you have to take the vehicle in to be diagnosed. You can get my e-mail by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
    As a follow up to post #91:

I got my Traverse back yesterday

Build date was 09/08.

9/21/10 Dealer road tested and duplicated problem. Had onboard computer hooked up but no code was detected. Result: Replaced bank 1 Cam shaft position sensor and harness per TSB PI0090A.

The dealer test drove and found no problem. I drove yesterday afternoon and had no problem but it will take several long drives to really test it. I did go for a 9 days back in July with no problem after one of the earlier "fixes".
    My Traverse problems are not over and GM has been non-communicative and no help!

You will note that GM asked me to contact them on September 16th. I did so the next day via email. Mariah, the listed GM contact, was responsive and took all my info and said someone would call me by the end of the day Monday Sept 20th. Someone did call. That person simply verified what I had already written. That person called back later and said that my case was being escalated to a NE regional specialist and that I would hear from a new person soon.

The GM specialist, Mr. X, called later that day. I advised him that my Traverse was back at the dealer again. He said that my vehicle would be evaluated and then "we will discuss compensation"...his words, not mine. I never mentioned compensation! I'm sure my conversation was recorded and that this is verifiable.

My car was deemed ready by the dealer on Wed. Sept 23rd. Mr. X also called back and said that my car was ready and that if I needed anything else, that I should call him. I picked up my car Thursday afternoon September 24th.

I drove the car for 2 weeks and the problems continued to get worse. I kept a detailed log. I called Mr X late afternoon Tuesday October 5th and left a message that I was having the same problem. No response.

I called again Thursday afternoon October 7th and left another message. No response.

I emailed my original GM contact, Mariah, and the dealer late on the afternoon of Thursday October 7th and included my detailed log of events for the past 2 weeks. To the dealer, I included a note about knowing of a local (laid off during the down sizing) GM engineer who's name I received through a friend. I also mentioned the dealerships head tech by name (I received that name through the ex-GM engineer).

Friday October 8th, Mariah emailed back that my case would be re-opened and that I would hear back from someone by Monday. At 4:30, Mr X called and said that he would be in until 5 pm EST. I called back at 4:40 and left a message but did never hear back from him.

Also on Friday October 8th, I called the dealer (who was yet to respond) at 1 pm and said that my problem was particularly bad the last 24 hours. I was advised to come right in. The dealer had me travel with the head tech who had hooked a computer up to monitor codes. The car threw codes signaling multiple cylinder failures entering the highway (see my old posts for descriptions of problems). I drove about 1/2 mile to get this reading. He also said he didn’t like some of the electrical feedback. He suggested he would pressure test the engine and suggested he would pursue an engine replacement since so many attempts were made to correct the problem. This is the 5th documented attempt but I have made numerous other complaints!

I took my car in Monday October 13th to the dealer. A new GM contact called and said Mr X was out for the day but that he had left a note to call me. She said I would have to bring my vehicle to the dealer for evaluation. I explained that I was standing with the service writer at the dealership. I asked to have Mr X call me. She said that she would leave him a note.

Tuesday October 14th, I called Mr X again and left a message that I wanted to speak with him. 48 hours later I have yet to hear from him. We have not spoken since September 23rd. Maybe he's in trouble for mentioning compensation? It seems that all GM is good for is to tell me to take my car to the dealer. I know that!

My engine pressure tested OK on Tuesday. They are not pursuing an engine replacement. They are rebuilding a couple more cylinders (already done 2) and doing some other procedure. After 4 previous attempts and days off of work and borrowing family cars (I didn’t ask for a rental the first few times) I don’t have warm and fuzzy feeling. GM customer service has made it worse because they act like they want to help but they just add to the frustration.

I talked with a potential Traverse owner Tuesday who saw my rental. I'm sure they will consider another vehicle. Covering 5 states as a sales rep calling on service business's who have 2-25 vehicles, being VP of my kids 2000+ HS Booster Club and being Block Captain of my local Citizens Assoc, I have lots of chances to share my story. I may look into magnetic signs too as I know a good sign guy.
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    I think it's time to contact a lawyer.
  • colt_herocolt_hero Member Posts: 107
    Your problems sound relatively simple to correct (steering wheel noise and engine bucking). I think I'd get as far away from that dealership as possible because even though they're being "nice", they either don't know what they're doing or they're just billing the manufacturer for profit (at your inconvenience).

The steering noise is troubling to me because I have what might be the same issue with my '02 Impala. If it's the same problem, that means that "NEW" GM is still making the same mistakes as "OLD" GM. With my Impala, the steering wheel has a notchy or clicky feeling to it as I turn it in one direction (I don't THINK it does it in both directions). Anyway, I KNOW what the problem is - it's the short half shaft (which goes through the firewall) connecting the steering column to the rack. It needs to be removed and re-greased (or better - replaced). GM knows about this problem. Some people claim they have simply peeled back the rubber boot and sprayed grease (a certain type) into it to eliminate the problem (at least temporarily). Others have said they've had the half shaft removed and re-greased only to have the clickiness return. I can tell you I've done NOTHING with my Impala and it hasn't gotten any better or worse over several years time now. I keep saying I'm going to yank it out and fix it, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

As for the "bucking" problem, you'd think they'd be able to fix that VERY EASILY with the equipment at their disposal. Can't they hook the engine up with the car on a dynometer (rollers), or is that too high-tech for a dealer service station? Tearing engines apart or replacing them is a solution I'd expect to hear from someone who had absolutely no clue what the problem might be! There's NO WAY your vehicle is THAT FAR away from running properly. I would look very closely at fuel delivery on demand. You said the bucking happens when you suddenly demand more fuel. Is it fuel pressure? is it an injector? is it slow reaction by whatever detects this increased demand?

C'mon, this is automotive repair 101. The people servicing your vehicle are not very good at what they do. Make sure you speak to the MASTER MECHANIC at the dealership, and make sure HE (or SHE) does the work on your vehicle. You might find out there IS no master mechanic because he quit for a better position elsewhere (leaving all the inexperienced junior mechanics in his wake). And I wouldn't bother with the Service Manager any more than I had to, either. He's just an administrator who probaby has never even changed his own oil before...
    And I wouldn't bother with the Service Manager any more than I had to, either. He's just an administrator who probably has never even changed his own oil before...

Many also work on at least partial commission like salesmen, so they are motivated more in trying to upcharge everything they can than in getting your car fixed. Face it, service and used cars is where dealers are now making most of their profit.
    Absolutely right! And it surprises me that, with all the rampant incompetence or outright crookedness at these dealerships, the manufacturers aren't scrutinizing the service centers of these dealerships more. I wish the manufacturers would take over the servicing of their vehicles. Dealerships, to me, are just middlemen who are bleeding both the manufacturers and car-buying public for profit. It's disgusting - but hardly surprising in our society. The crooks and cheats will always gravitate to wherever larger sums of money are routinely exchanged...
    Traverse update: This will be hard to believe but it’s true.

I picked up my Traverse at about 5:30 pm EST on Thursday Oct 14th after all the plugs and coils were replaced. The info light was on and the tire pressure on the right front was at 20 psf. I pointed this out to the driver. He drove back around and filled the tire.

Friday morning the tire was back down at 24 psf. I returned to the dealer and had a self-tapping screw removed and the tire plugged.

Yesterday, Saturday, I drove 50 miles to Baltimore for an event. The Traverse drove fine. After the event, while in downtown Baltimore, the check engine light came on. It remained on for the trip home. I turned the car off and on upon my return and the light was still on.

Today I have had two short trips. The check engine light is still on. Tomorrow I will return to the dealer.
    "Dealerships, to me, are just middlemen who are bleeding both the manufacturers and car-buying public for profit"

Cash for Clunkers was really about dealers and they were the real beneficiaries. Dealers have a very powerful lobbying influence.
    But no mention of the original problem(s) recurring.

Surprised they plugged the tire. I've plugged tires numerous times over the years without incident, but about 5-7 years ago garages started refusing to do it. I think they all remove the tire now and patch it from the inside.

You might want to buy yourself one of those OBD-II code readers so you can check the CHECK ENGINE codes yourself (and have some idea as to what your problem may be). I bought mine back in 2000 for $150 (Actron), but I think you can buy them today for as little as $50 (maybe even less). Even Wal-Mart sells them, I think...
    I think you're right about that. Cash for Clunkers was a serious racket. Nothing new in this country. One racket after another.
  • equinox13000equinox13000 Member Posts: 6
    I share your frustration. Your story sounds a lot like mine. I delt with the general customer service, then was transfered to a district specialist. Then asked for a new one because he would not return my phone calls. Got a new one (never talked to her either) then was transfered to the business specialist, who also avoided my call for about three weeks. The entire process lasted from July until the end of October (last week). Keep records. Like the post above said get help.