Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Traverse Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• rugby1999rugby1999 Member Posts: 1
    This is the Silver LT AWD with DVD w/Bose, Rear camera w/sensor & blue tooth. It also has cloth interior, 8 passenger. Does NOT have navigation, moonroof, tow etc.
    2009 LT AWD:
    MSRP $37,200
    Rebate ($3,000)
    Dealer Discount ($3,212) after 3.5hrs of negotiating and leaving almost 6 times
    Total Price: $30,988
    Also they threw in 5 years of oil changes & tire rotations. I'd estimate that would be around $1500 bucks. Any thoughts? I haven't got to the financing yet but am wondering if the price seems good or not????
  • jwallyjwally Member Posts: 71
    "Also they threw in 5 years of oil changes & tire rotations. I'd estimate that would be around $1500 bucks. Any thoughts? I haven't got to the financing yet but am wondering if the price seems good or not????'
    My "thought" STAY AWAY! They promised me and even charged me for A rewards program and never gave it to me. They said the rewards was some free oil changes like every third or fourth. after checking owners manual this car can go upto a year without needing a oil change. so don't think your saving much. Get it in writing BEFORE you sign anything, I made that mistake.
  • cowbeecowbee Member Posts: 2
    where do you guys get this deals? It is hard to find such a deal in chicago area...
  • meg15meg15 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Can you let me know if you can help me arrange a purchase of either Ford Edge or Chevrolet Traverse or Equinox. The car has to have AWD with basic package and the engine 3.2 to 3.5. I want the car be possibly new but any other offers for up to 3 years old can be consider. Lastly can you help me with all the paper work required to bring the car to Canada. What prices are for these cars and is it worth it compare to canadian prices to buy car in US. Anyone who can help please let me know
    Thank you
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    If you live in Canada and want to buy a new car in the U.S. and bring it back to Canada, I do not believe it is worth the effort. First, dealers in Canada may not honor the warranty in this situation. Second, the vehicle has to meet Canadian Department of Transport, safety and emission standards. Not all vehicles meet these standards. You need to check out Transport Canada's website. See the attached link:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/mediaroom/releases-nat-2007-07-h245e-1924.htm

Also, the vehicle will be subject to the GST and if you pay sales tax in the U.S. then you're paying double tax. Good luck.
  • meg15meg15 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know if you can buy new GM vehicle in US as a Canadian resident?
    If yes does GM cover warranty or not and is it worth it to buy there in the first place.
  • bb4x4bb4x4 Member Posts: 4
    I haven't bought yet, but were only a day away.

No dealers in Maryland seem to want to dig deep for a sale. Looks like invoice is about $1,200 under MSRP and they don't want to go there.
    My deal right now with Jeff Barnes is $500 over invoice on a Granite 2010 Traverse LT2 AWD. From there, a $2,500 GM discount, $1,000 loyalty discount, and $750 off for being with USAA. This at 4.75% financing. Looks like we'll take it.
    Criswell may go to $100 over invoice, but after what their service department did to me on my truck I'll never deal with that place again! Jeff Barnes has an awesome service department and it's worth a little extra to give them the sale.
    I can give up the $2,500 and $750 credits and get 2.9% from GMAC. They don't offer 0% now. :(
  • bb4x4bb4x4 Member Posts: 4
    Well, we couldn't take both the $1,000 owner loyalty discount AND the USAA discount together - GM wouldn't allow it. So, we were given pinstripes, a free oil change, and a much better rate than 4.75% from a local lender!

230 miles so far and we absolutely love the room, the way it drives, the handling, the turning radius and even the little amber light that gently illuminates the cupholder area!

We find ourselves just looking for places to drive to! :)
  • blendblend Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone heard of a Luxury and Fuel Inefficient Surcharge on the traverse? I am in the state of NJ and the dealer wanted to tack on an additional .4%. Normally, NJ sales tax is 7%, not 7.4%. Any response would be appreciated.
  • mandms_mommandms_mom Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a 2010 AWD 1LT Traverse, with remote start & back up camera. I'm not sure I am sold on the Traverse yet--I've realized that without the back up camera, I would have a very difficult time backing up the vehicle since the rear window is so high. But, I do like the room and I have owned my current Chevy for over 10 years with ultimately no problems--which leans me towards Chevy. I really wanted a Traverse with a moon roof, but I am having a difficult time finding one. The dealership has offered to have one installed for a $1400 price to me (not sure my thoughts on an after market roof though)
    MSRP on the vehicle is $34,900. Dealership originally told me they could come down $2k (so $32,900). They are currently offering a 0% or $2k rebate-of which I have informed the dealership I wish to take the 0%. Clearly, they forgot that part because my most recent offer was $30,988, including all rebates and discounts. So basically, add the $2k rebate back on to that offer and that puts me at $32,988. Essentially they have dropped $2k from MSRP and have been giving me the run around about their invoice price so I am having a hard time basing my final offer on that.

It seems that I've read about people getting new LTZ for only $1 or 2K more than the offer I have on the table.

I'm in the Northeast and would love feedback on what people have paid for 2010's vs MSRP or invoice. Also, I am in now rush to buy, however, I now have the new car bug and so I would like to do it in the next month or so. ould I have any advantage waiting until June? I've searched for incentives and rebates etc., but i dont think i qualify for many of them---USAA member, Toyota, or Saturn owner etc.--would've thought the "loyalty" discount would go to those who currently own a chevy like myself..........
  • wavehowaveho Member Posts: 31
    Don't know if this is helpful, but here are the numbers for my loaded LTZ purchased last year for my 2009: MSRP Sticker: $46,550. Lowered to Supplier Pricing of $43,720, then was given a $2,250 Mfr's Rebate available at the time, and then applied my $1,000 GM credit card rebate for a total of $40,470. Basically turned out to be $6,100 off the sticker price. I was also given a very good amount on my trade (2002 Suburban with high miles), which was more than $1,000 than any other dealer would offer me, and I checked with 5 different dealers, so I would count that as a bonus too. So I figure if I could get over $6000 for a top of the line model, you should be able to get at least $3K if not more off the MSRP for the LT1 and LT2, which may have less negotiating room for the dealer.
  • doylebinazdoylebinaz Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a 1LT in Phoenix and while maybe not the best deal, I'm happy with it. A local dealer was advertising $5000 + off on all Traverse's, so we went to our local Chevy dealer to look at upgrading our existing Equinox we had purchased there. We ended up getting $6500 off the MSRP - $3000 discount, $2000 std rebate, $1000 because our other car is a Lexus and $500 to beat the other dealer's price. They gave us KBB 'good' trade in value for the Equinox and all in all, I was very happy with the buying experience at Midway Chevy.
  • jdunnisherjdunnisher Member Posts: 56
    doylebinaz,

I am in Phoenix also. Could you please post the details of your purchase/lease (original MSRP, price paid, etc.)? My wife wants to buy a Traverse, and I'd like to figure out what we should expect to pay. Thanks!
  • rvothrvoth Member Posts: 147
    Just bite the bullet and purchased a AWD Traverse , had to trade in my 2008 LT Equinox to get the deal done.
    Got employee pricing and the dealer took off $8000 from the total purchase price which included the tax. This SUV 2LT has cashmere leather with dark titanium trim interior so the carpet is grey, twin sunroofs with a power tailgate, trailer package,pwr passenger seat nice and the standard XM sat radio/cd player, 18 inch wheels . The color is red jewel metallic hope it doesn't chip easily, it's a very visually striking same colors as our Equinox is that's what sold us on it.
    Will pick it up Wednesday and thanks to all the staff at GSL Chevy for making this purchase happen. :D
  • doylebinazdoylebinaz Member Posts: 3
    Original MSRP 33,609 (1LT), minus $3,500 discount and $3,000 rebates (including the Toyota owners rebate) put the final purchase price at 27,109 + TTL. Other than a rather rocky delivery, the transaction was very smooth. Had the car a week now and no issues - drives very smooth, comfortable (with the exception of the danged headrest) and handles well. Coming up on the 1st tank of gas and so far 18 MPG combined..
  • geek4hiregeek4hire Member Posts: 10
    curious -- what was the basis of the 3500 discount? just good bargining?
  • evans23evans23 Member Posts: 14
    How does this look?

2011 1LT AWD
    Msrp=35475
    sell price = 32460
    mf=.00100
    resid=.46% = 16318
    rebates 2000
    term= 48
    payments 364 with 1st payment +taxes, fees up front(so approx 2300 total
    )
    NYS 8.75
    ACQ Fee 995
  • bobjunga1bobjunga1 Member Posts: 4
    I am considering a 2011 Traverse 2LT with typical options (Leather, Nav-Entertainment, Blue Tooth, and sunroof)

MSRP=$44,095
    MF=0.0004 (about 0.5%) woo hoo!
    Residual= 50% $22,048

The only question that remains is the price of the car. There is a $2500 cash allowance advertised on chevy.com that seems to apply to leasing but I can not tell for sure. It says that you can not use in combination with 0%/60mo financing but does not specifically say anything about leasing.

One dealer has told me that there is a $1200 cash allowance that they can use toward a lease.

Another told me that there is a $1600 cash allowance that they can use toward a lease.

They both said that I could not use the 2500 on a lease, but then where are they getting the lower cash allowances from?

How do I find out definitively what the official chevy cash is on a lease?

Thanks,

--BobG
  • bobjunga1bobjunga1 Member Posts: 4
    Addendum to the last message, I am in the New York, New York area, 10583
  • naughtycanaughtyca Member Posts: 22
    Any update on prices for a traverse looking for just basic
  • ouch3ouch3 Member Posts: 3
    2011 Traverse 2LT AWD
    Black Granite
    Leather Seating
    Sunroof
    Connectivity Package
    **Dealer installed Hit the Road Package**
    Agreed on $38,700
    Any thoughts?
  • heat34heat34 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased 2012 1LT AWD, Red Jewel, Remote Start, Blue Tooth, MSRP 35,925, Minus factory rebate of 1,000 and dealer discount I Paid 32,500 + tax and lic. Washington State.
  • eternityzeternityz Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    Just purchased a 2011 1LT FWD, White, Allstar Edition + Hit the Road Package, Rear View Camera and sensor, $1K manufacturer's cash back, 72 mos/0% interest loan, $32,300 + tax and fees. Quality Chevrolet (Escondido, CA)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    If you focused on telematics (Sync, OnStar, etc) or ignored it completely in your 2011 car-shopping experience, email [email protected] by Monday, October 17, 2011 and include your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dhammerdhammer Member Posts: 13
    I'm working with a dealer via internet. I am NOT a negotiator which is kind of where we are at in this process. I'm not sure what to counter with and would love some input. Vehicle invoices for 42951 based on consumer reports.

Vehicle 2012 Traverse 2LT, the dealers offer is:

$43,916.78 minus rebates $ 2,750.00
    Tax 767.93
    License is $218.00
    Trade value at $36,000 and payoff at $34,170.15,
    Total amount financed $40,472.86
    72 months at 2.99% is 615.52 per month

Yes I know I shouldn't go 72 months, but I am! I'm wanting to keep my monthly payment at $550 with nothing down except my trade/rebates. Anyone?
  • chevydallas1chevydallas1 Member Posts: 2
    Most dealers in major metro areas are under a preferred pricing agreement where all chevrolets must be sold at preferred pricing. Your paying about 700 too much. Ask your dealer if they are honoring preferred pricing. If not its worth a couple of calls.
    Freedom Chevrolet,Buick,GMC Dallas TX
  • psychtobepsychtobe Member Posts: 12
    Theree is a dealer about 200 miles from where I live that seems to have cornered the market on lightly used, off lease or off fleet Traverses. They have about a dozen in stock at any one time. That said, their prices also seem almost too good to be true. For ESAmple, right now they have 5 LTZs in stock all 2012 model year and all with about 28,000 miles, all selling for $29995. Some have the dual moon roof, some have the trailering package, but at any rate these are all $5000-$6000 below KBB. Assuming no accidents, clean Carfax, and no dealer junk fees, what's the catch? This vehicle will be driven only 3000-5000 miles per year so I'll get The next 4 years of powertrain coverage.
  • kartdadkartdad Member Posts: 44
    Yeah, I know the dealer. Good Chevrolet. Those are all rental cars that they bought at auction. Appear to all have clean carfaxs..... But I would steer clear of an ex-rental car. They probably bought them in a package deal and even at 30k you could probably still knock a few more grand off that price.
  • psychtobepsychtobe Member Posts: 12
    Thanks, that's the one and I agree with you except I might be willing to take a chance on an ex-rental because I'm only going to drive the vehicle a few miles per year. Manheim auctions list wholesale price no lower than $27,500 so maybe $28,500 would be a good price?

They also claim to have all the maintenance records.
  • dhammerdhammer Member Posts: 13
    We leased a Traverse last weekend at a local car dealer...we just received a call saying we need to come back in to the finance office, it appears the finance manager had us fill out the wrong contract and we need to sign another one. I'm curious to find out what our options are here...what if we werent entirely happy with our Traverse...do we have an "out" now?
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning dhammer,

We hope that things get worked out on the contract! If you want for us to check into anything, we can be reached at [email protected] (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 of your VIN).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • 62vette62vette Member Posts: 19
    I went to get a traverse last night. The people were nice, i like the traverse. Not in love but like, it would be a good fit for me. Problem is you see a great add at chevyoffers.com and the dealer here says that is a special deal we don't do. I currently own 3 chevys and have never owned anything else and that left me a bad taste. The actual price they told me was worse than the chevy site advertises and this is about the 4th time that has happened in looking for Traverses and Acadias. So much for preferred pricing as they advertise.
  • pilotbound1pilotbound1 Member Posts: 13
    Just wanted to say I visited with a Chevrolet dealer on Long Island , Suffolk County today and I have to say I truly felt like bait and switch. First the come on ad( which I had ) in small price expired but Bob assure me he could get close to the advertised price well he was way off at about $188 over that price, and it was for a different Traverse model( FWD vs AWD ). he said my credit score did not come back good, well I know I have a great score over 750 ( I am requesting the name of the agency they used to follow up. I am a sales person so I know that it was very misleading, so I got up and walked. I am seriously thinking about filing a complaint on the dealer with the DA office. Any feed back on doing this .
    Another reason I hate dealing with car dealers, why are they so slimy!
    PO
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    pilotbound1,

We're sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with one of our dealerships, and if you wanted for us to look into this further we'd be happy to. Please contact us via email at [email protected] (include your name and contact information, a summary of the situation, and the name of the dealership).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns the latest model Honda CR-V, Hyundai Santa Fe or Chevy Traverse, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email [email protected] no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.
  • nombnutzobumernombnutzobumer Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I have a 2010 Traverse with 9800 miles which simulates unintended acceleration.
    This is quite often, but not always, due to the wheel speed sensor wiring completely exposed to the outside weather elements.

And never trust a Car Fax.

I turned in a 2002 Silverado and still have copies of the paperwork delineating 4 complaints of sudden acceleration problems.

And the Car Fax for said vehicle as it sat on the dealer’s lot that I turned it into, simply stated “One owner, no problems”

I don’t wish to give the Dealerships name but let me just say it’s called Bill
    Fox Chevrolet in Rochester, Michigan.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    nombnutzobumer,

Have you had this acceleration concern evaluated by your dealership? If we can check into this further with you, please contact us at [email protected] (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, a brief recap of the situation, and the name of your involved dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    I picked up a 2015 1LT buckets in the second row and the Style and Technology package. It was one of the 15% of specials for longest in stock for about $5400 off MSRP at $30,566. Talked them up some on the 2012 Hyundai Elantra trade to match an offer from CarMax. Really nice and just what I wanted. Also have a 2008 Saturn Outlook XR with 65,000 miles that has been a really good vehicle.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    wlbrown9 said:

I picked up a 2015 1LT buckets in the second row and the Style and Technology package. It was one of the 15% of specials for longest in stock for about $5400 off MSRP at $30,566. Talked them up some on the 2012 Hyundai Elantra trade to match an offer from CarMax. Really nice and just what I wanted. Also have a 2008 Saturn Outlook XR with 65,000 miles that has been a really good vehicle.

Congrats! Any big changes from 2008 to 2015? Those vehicles are "twins", right?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator