Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1999 Pontiac Montana Van Brake Rotors

slotdocslotdoc Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Pontiac
How do you take the brake rotors off a 1999 montana van????

Comments

• armesarmes Member Posts: 32
    1. Remove the front wheel.
    2. Remove the 2 bolts that hold on the caliper. If necessary place a large screw driver in the rotor cooling fin and pull back and forth across the caliper to release some of the caliper tension on the rotor.
    3. Remove the rotor.
  • cvicariocvicario Member Posts: 1
    How do you take the rotors off after the calipers are removed.
  • kenniekennie Member Posts: 38
    Jiggle and bang them off lightly with hammer on a piece of wood all the way around.. they're probably rusted on... mine were a bit - that is how I got mine off but yours might be different - don't damage the roter thou !!!!!!!! Be carefull... don't breath the brake dust when you do this or you'll get cancer too... wear a mask or water down the whole thing before your start banging...
  • yaya5yaya5 Member Posts: 2
    I just had my brakes completed nd now it makes a grinding noise when I back up nd drive like the brakes are bad... It is all kinds of oil or liquid under the back lash nd on the wheel bearing I found a silver ring loose around the axel. The wheel looks like it is going to brake or bend to the ground to me... it makes a grinding noise all the time ,,,,, What is this Issue??
  • yaya5yaya5 Member Posts: 2
    :mad: :cry: :sick: My Tirerod is broke along with my wheel bearing, had to get rotor, brakes Man I was lost nd it cost me 500 two arms nd two legs..... :cry:
This discussion has been closed.