Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Ridgeline Audio and Stereo

jkdeassrjkdeassr Member Posts: 2
can anyone out there tell me if the radio/cd player that comes in a 2008 rts ridgeline will play a mp3 cd? i am considering buying one and know thta it does not have the mp3 player jack but did not know if the cd player would play a mp3 cd. can anyone help me.

Comments

• bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    On the 2009, it looks like all radios can play a MP3 (via www.honda.com and the Ridgeline pages).

Honda site did not easily show the 2008's any longer. From info on Edmunds, it looks like with the Nav option there is a MP3 player input.

Why don't you call your local Honda dealer and ask them? Especially the place where you have found a 2008. This is the salemen's job. The salesman should be able to pull out an owner's manual for a 2008 in stock and look in the audio portion for this info.
  • jkdeassrjkdeassr Member Posts: 2
    i did ask that question of dealer salesperson. was told that they thought it would play ipod mp3 type music cd but not wma or regular mp3 cd. i found their answer to be rather odd. i was of the opinion that regular mp3 was more common than the ipod version. if no one knows for sure the answer i may just take a mp3 cd to the dealer and find out myself. i was dissapointed that there was no mps player jack on the 2008. i have seen that for myself when i drove one. i thought for sure it would play the mp 3 cd. the edmonds site seems to say no. thanks.
  • JBW1971JBW1971 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2008 Ridgeline RTS and I can confirm that the CD Changer does NOT play MP3s and it does NOT have a connection for iPods or other MP3 players. The owners manual says that and I confirmed it by loading an MP3 CD. The player loaded it, but did not play it.

I am researching aftermarket options (like H and A accessories). Sounds like 2009 models have solved this problem, but I got such a good deal I'm willing to deal with this little problem myself.
  • poolmikepoolmike Member Posts: 2
    NO THE 2008 WILL NOT PLAY MP3 DISKS. BUT IT DOES HAVE AN AUX INPUT IN THE DASH FOR AN MP3 PLAYER
  • poolmikepoolmike Member Posts: 2
    HAS ANYBODY HAD ANY LUCK WITH AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE EXHAUST ON THEIR RIDGELINE? IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE DUAL EXHAUST WILL BE FEASEABLE TO INSTALL AND THE MAGNAFLOW SITE SOUND BIT DOESNT SOUND ALL THAT WHIPPY
  • anwar123anwar123 Member Posts: 1
    Hey i bought a second hand ridgeline 2008 and the 6 cd changer is missing. I have been looking up online for a replacement but have realized from posts that it cannot play mp3 cds. Is it possible for me to buy a later model 6 cd changer like for instance the one in the 2009 model that will be compatible with my 2008 ridgline? How did you solve ur mp3 issues?
  • rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    Likely you will have to buy the entire head unit from a 2009-2012 Ridge, but I would double check to be sure that the player in whatever head unit you find will actually play MP3 discs.

Given that Honda installs really low-end sound systems in all their vehicles, I might suggest looking in to an after-market head unit. For sure you will need new speakers too, as Honda's are really poor.
  • xc90508xc90508 Member Posts: 26
    Just curious if anyone can tell me of the bluetooth on a 2010-12 can be used to play music from a smart phone? According to the 2012 specs on the Honda web site, it doesn't mention anything about streaming music. Is that correct? Thanks for any feedback!