Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2003 Highlander AWD Limited

derekgaddyderekgaddy Member Posts: 32
edited August 2014 in Toyota
I have approximately 85k on my 03 Limited AWD. No issues year to date. I would like to have some routine maintenance performed. What is the boards recommendation? I hear the timing belt should be changed at 90k. Please advise on belt and other maintenance. Thx in advance -

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The Edmunds Maintenance Guide (or your owner's manual) will tell you what Toyota recommends be done and will estimate what it should cost in your zip code. Your dealer will undoubtedly recommend other services.
  • derekgaddyderekgaddy Member Posts: 32
    Thank you much. Weird - I don't see the timing belt change anywhere?
    I'm not too up on this stuff but apparently some Highlanders have a belt and some have a chain. So double check your model in the guide.

nimrod99, "Highlander Timing Belt/Chain Question" #5, 2 Sep 2007 10:05 pm
  • mpolanmpolan Member Posts: 8
    I've got a 2003 highlander v6 and it has a timing belt. When I check the Edmunds guide for my vehicle it says nothing about changing the belt, though the toyota service guide recommends it at 90k. Is there an error in the Edmunds guide?
    Is there an error in the Edmunds guide?

Looks like it - I'll ask the data people to double check it and report back. The Toyota FAQ says 90k too.
    Should be fixed now!
  • mpolanmpolan Member Posts: 8
    Probably, but I can't tell - now I get "Maintenance Callback Failed!" :).
    I saw that using Firefox last night but it was ok in Internet Explorer. So I figured it was just me. More bugs to swat. :blush:
  • oly2oly2 Member Posts: 10
    I have a 2003 toyota highlander 2.4 engine. At times the engine feels like it is not firing correctly and then stalls. I have a code P1310 can someone tell me what the code is and what the cause is. Thanks oly2
This discussion has been closed.