Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Outlander Transmission Problems

captainkeelscaptainkeels Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Mitsubishi
Hi, I have an 2008 Outlander VRX (3.0 V6 Auto), SatNav, Sound bought in Australia - have done 10,000kms. Anyway i have two issues i am hoping someone can help with...

1. the auto seems to "hunt" for the right gear way too often when going uphill. instead of staying in the correct gear it seems to try and be more fuel efficent and change up to a higher gear for a short time (say 20 seconds), then realise it needs a shorter gear and change back down. on a longer acsent (not even steep) this can happen several times. i find myself using the manual tiptronic and selecting a gear one down from where the auto chooses and leave it there until the climb is over, then put it back in "drive". do other people experience this? can the computr be tuned to avoide this?

2. when the air conditioner is on, the aircon fan (in the engine bay) continually switches on and off. no problem with this as i figure this is what is suppose to happen, problem is it''s very loud and is noticle / distracting in the cabin. any ideas?

Thanks, Keels.

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I changed the title of your topic to make it easier for people to find what they are looking for and to improve your chances of getting a suitable reply. Please post your air conditioning question in the existing Mitsubishi Outlander Heating Ventilation and A/C topic. Thanks! :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    I have the same Outtie as you, only it's a 2007....I live in the Rocky mountains and your outtie seems to be normal to me....
    I use the autostick exclusively when going up and over mountain passes..I like it that way and I would never have a tech digging aroung in the software to try to fix that "problem". The 6 speed is very frugal on the petrol when I'm down on the "flats" and quite alot of fun to drive with the autostick in those canyons and climbs.. :)
    As for the constant noisy cycling of the AC fans, this is also a normal trait....It is somewhat loud but I always have music playing in the cabin so this is not an issue with me..

good luck with your outtie...
  • ldollarldollar Member Posts: 2
    Is this car towable 4 wheels down behind an RV. Have several opinions from salespeople, RV dealers. Anyone with experience?
  • solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    I would never rely on a salesperson for a technical answer...

I don't have any experience with towing my Outtie 4WD...

I would talk face to face with a Service Manager...He has the tech manuals that would answer that question..

If you find out how to tow a 4WD Outtie, post it here....I'm interested in the answer also..
  • 71alfa71alfa Member Posts: 19
    According to the '09 owners' manual the only recommended manner of "towing" is on a flatbed. (which of course is not towing at all)
This discussion has been closed.