Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Venza Prices Paid

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,786
edited May 2015 in Toyota
What did you pay for your Venza?

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• higgledyhiggledy Member Posts: 28
    Toyota should have big discounts considering their quality issues surrounding the Camry V6 and the dismal auto sales/economy.
  • tourguidetourguide Member Posts: 190
    You think there are going to be big discounts on the Venza as a new model? You are a true optimist among car shoppers. :)

Personally, I would say I need to be darn close, or under invoice in order to bite on one of these - provided it meets the needs we have for space and comfort. Those are unknowns because I haven't sat in, or driven one yet.
    Normally, I would agree that there would be no discounting on new models but Toyota sales are down from last year by double digits, unemployment is at 16 year high. I don't see lines forming to buy any new models.
  • tourguidetourguide Member Posts: 190
    I sure hope you are right when I go to turn in my Highlander next spring. I will seriously go recently used if I can't get a REALLY sharp price on a vehicle like this.
  • bbarrymdbbarrymd Member Posts: 6
    My wife and I purchased our Venza tonight. Blizzard White with Prem 2 for $36K. Great buying experience at James Toyota in NJ.
  • lovcarslovcars Member Posts: 8
  • lovcarslovcars Member Posts: 8
    bbarrymd. Is that about 2k off msrp? You purchased rather than leased?
    From Toyota's site, you cannot buy a base Venza V6. To get the V6, Toyota requires you to also purchase one of three option packages which start at $4050.00. Does Toyota really want to sell the V6 version?
    Price: not knowing exact options/accessories $36k looks like MSRP. If this is true, how much negotiating happened? With this economy, both dealers and auto mfg's are over a barrel. Sales are down double digits even for Toyota and Honda. Dealers are going bankrupt. Honda just pulled out of Formula One Racing due to auto sales. I think a a below MSRP deal is possible even with a new car like the Venza. Besides, there many other cars in the $36k range.
    It is approximately $2,200 off of MSRP. It is model number 2822 + LX, PC, NV, & SR. Unfortunately Toyota doesnt have any lease programs on the Venza's so the money factor converts to an interest rate of about 6.9%. While my intent was not to buy, I figured with a 5.1% loan and as long as the down payment is doable, I decided to buy instead. We also get the 1/4 point deduction coming off of a current Toyota Financial loan (encore ?)

It is a tough decision on paper, you can get a Highlander that MSRP's for 5K more for the same "price" since they are being discounted. However, the two vehicles drive and handle so differently and we couldnt go back to the Highlander once we drove the Venza. Now we wait for delivery....
  • wstevecwstevec Member Posts: 126
    Hi Folks, can someone tell me which is Model code # 2822? I am assuming that it is the V6 AWD. Thanks.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    "Unfortunately Toyota doesnt have any lease programs on the Venza's so the money factor converts to an interest rate of about 6.9%."

Could you please explain what you meant by the above sentence while Toyota has an option on their Venza website for leases? Thanks.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    Not sure what these are :model number 2822 + LX, PC, NV, & SR.
    V6 AWD + DVD Nav + Package #2 = $36,905 MSRP.

Does it include Rear Entertainment or Panoramic Glass Roof?
    So I will do my best to answer these questions but I can only base off my order form. I believe model 2822 translates into V6 and AWD. LX is the name of the Premium package #2, PC is the pearl paint, NV, is nav, and SR is the panoramic roof.

Regarding my comment on no lease programs, by that I meant there are no special subsidized lease programs like there are on other Toyotas so the money factor is much higher than others (normal rates).
  • macpromacpro Member Posts: 52
    My wife and I purchased a Venza earlier tonight. We bought a V6 AWD Magnetic Gray Metallic fully loaded minus the rear entertainment center. The MSRP was $38,444 and we paid $35,288 (plus title and registration. no tax paid, since we had a trade).

Only had it for an evening, but will write a review over the weekend. We really love it!
  • eeoaktowneeoaktown Member Posts: 8
    Where did you purchase the AWD model? We are in Northern California. They say they won't have an AWD model out here until mid-January.
    We purchased it from CarMax in Kenosha, WI They are an authorized Toyota dealership. After going to just about every other Toyota dealership and only getting about $500.00 - $1,000 off MSRP, someone suggested going there. They have one price, so there is no negotiating, which in this case, worked out well since they were $3,100 under MSRP.

We know if we waited a couple months we could have done better, but we needed a car for the winter and the Venza is everything we were looking for - AWD, Toyota quality, in the mid 30's, nice interior and exterior (in our opinion).
    Congrats! Getting more the $3000 off a new model is doing very well. So much for those who felf that Toyota would stick close to MSRP when Venza first became availble. With the lots full of other new Toyotas, I am sure many dealers will be more realistic on the selling price. FYI: I also heard that the docks are overflowing with new Toyotas as well, so if anyone is looking for something else from Toyota which is built in Japan such as a Rav 4, there may be some deep discounts on them over the next few months. Right now I am on the fence between a 2009 Rav4 V6 4wd Sport (no ugly spare tire on the back) and the Venza V6 AWD. If I can get more than $3000 off MSRP, I may go with the Venza.
  • eeoaktowneeoaktown Member Posts: 8
    I'm in the same boat as you. Rav4 Sport or the Venza.

We are interested in the AWD though and have heard from one Bay Area dealer that the his allocation of AWD isn't going to get here until January.

Wondering if they are allocating the AWD models to areas with winters that really need it. Any insight from someone more knowledgable?

If we saw an AWD model here that would likely be the difference for us.
    I would assume that AWD models most likely would be headed to the northeast. I notice when I am down Florida in the winter that very few of the cars like Audis and BMWs have AWD, so I assume the true hold for most of California as well.
    Unless Toyota is offering some crazy deal on the Rav 4 Sport, I most likely would go with the Venza with all other things being relatively equal since I prefer the Venza's AWD, 6 speed transmission, and spare tire over the Rav 4's 4wd, 5 speed transmission, and run flat tires (that is why there is no ugly spare tire attached to the back of the Rav 4 Sport).
  • santa3santa3 Member Posts: 10
    Bought a bronze V6 AWD (loaded) from Rhinelander (WI) Toyota this PM. Made all arrangements over the phone. They consider themselves a no commission (best price) dealer. MSRP: 38,444. final price: 34,714 (first car on the lot). If they needed to do a trade with another dealer in the 5 state region for a different color it would have been 34,976. If it is bronze + ivory zipping down the road in the snow and the ice, it's us. If we don't like the color in person, we can substitute for a bit more money (262.00).

The MKE, WI dealer wouldn't come down a dime below 38,525, the 'MSRP' on the car. His loss. Went in with the 'best price' quote in hand asking for a match - he couldn't believe it.

Felt real good about the deal. Donating 'old blue' (formerly known as our trade in) to Rawhide. What can an '87 Camry LE really be worth anyway? Tax deductions are good.
    I know what you mean about the MKE dealers. Same situation with my wife and me, they would not budge much on MSRP.

Congratulations!
    $3700 off MSRP sounds great! It seems some Toyota dealers are more interested in moving the Venzas rather than playing games. Hopefully, I can find such a dealer in the Boston area next month when I plan on ordering mine if I don't go with a Rav 4. With these discounts, I would be more likely to go with the Venza.
  • santa3santa3 Member Posts: 10
    Steve, it is hard to find this sort of 'no commission' dealer. I knew about Kenosha, WI's CarMax, a chain of 'superstore' dealers located mostly in the west. I didn't know of any others, but then I remembered my mother (of all people) said she got a fantastic deal from Rhinelander Honda (company also owns Rhinelander Toyota and some auto stores over toward ND) - better than any price she found in Tucson when she bought the same car there. That's the reason I contacted them... Also they are right in our area.

For you, being in Mass, would you consider going to MD to save a few bucks? Go to carmax.com to find their Toyota dealer closest to you. Wouldn't hurt to try. Or start calling around and ask for 'best price' or 'no commission' dealers. Sometimes friends or local bankers know ones closer. Maybe even calling my Toyota dealer or Carmax will get you into the info loop as there probably is a secret society of this type of dealers. Dealers shunned by high cost dealers probably need to stick together.

Good luck!
  • joeblack1joeblack1 Member Posts: 52
    You might also consider www.fitzmall.com. Their pricing is very competitive and they have a location in PA which might be a bit closer. If I buy a Venza, I am planning to drive or fly to one of these locations (fitzmall or carmax) from central NY. I figure I could do it in a day and save a lot of grief and hassle.
    Thanks Santa3, perhaps another opition is to get quote and bring it to a local dealer. In this depression, dealers need to move cars and will meet prices if you have a legitimate quote. I have done that in the past and its worked fine, sometimes with simply a newspaper ad.
  • irismgirismg Member Posts: 345
    Yay CarMax! Good thing you bought before the big storm hit. Please post back how the car handled in the nasty weather (in the appropriate forum, of course).
    Yesterday I went to a Toyota dealer in Milwaukee to pick up the all weather floor mats I ordered for our Venza and noticed four Venza's at the dealer. Two blue, one silver and one white. As more Venza's arrive at dealers, I'm sure they will be willing to deal.
    I went to Bob Howard Toyota on Sunday and looked at their display model. I like it. HUGE tires, though - a possible big expense! But size-wise, it's perfect. It's very low, but higher than Camry. It would be a good alternative for those of us whose knees need something a little higher off the ground. Also, I tried to bend the outside mirrors and couldn't, they don't have those collapsing mirrors a lot of the newer cars have now. This display had the rear bumper guard on it which looked nice, and the car itself was black and very dusty! (It's been incredibly windy the last couple days.) Be prepared for sticker shock, though - they are asking over $42,000 for this particular one! WOW! I'm thinking there will be more leasers than buyers for it.
  • md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Hi irismg,
    I wouldn't worry too much about tire cost, tirerack.com has several tires in the Venza's size, starting as low as $93 each, though average price is near $200. My guess is that there will be more tire models available (at good prices) after there are more Venzas on the road. Also, $42,000 is way high - what options did it have? Did it have a lot of extra dealer add-ons? I just tried the toyota.com configurator and added every possible option and accessory and the MSRP came to $39,656, including freight. So that $42K looks like a dealer to stay away from. Look at www.fitzmall.com for some down to earth pricing.

MD
    If I may say so, who in the real world buys their tires online?! I personally don't know anybody living here at my complex or who even has a house who would buy mail order tires, for God's sakes. What are tires for Venza likely to cost at Sears or Goodyear? That's the real question. You gotta buy local in these parts.

As to the dealer, you may well be right about that, but really, the car didn't look all that fancy, just had some dark tinted glass, it had wood grain window controls (which were nice), it was 4WD, it was a 6 cylinder, it had alloy wheels (that is to say, didn't have hubcaps.

It looked like this one, except it was black. I imagine there were dealer add ons because you can't even buy a Saturn off the lot without them. It looks like finding one between $20K and $30K is going to be a problem, if both your Fitzmall's and CarMax's prices are any indication. It may be a moot point, since who's going to drive all that way to buy one from them. Again, a lot of people are stuck with buying local.

Maybe they'll come out with a smaller, more affordable one if this one does well for them. By the time they do, these first Venzas will available for a good price.
  • qs933qs933 Member Posts: 302
    Also, I tried to bend the outside mirrors and couldn't, they don't have those collapsing mirrors a lot of the newer cars have now.

According to Toyota's list of standard features, the exterior mirrors are foldable. Maybe you weren't pushing hard enough?

If I may say so, who in the real world buys their tires online?!

Tirerack has been around for awhile (even before the web and online ordering), so I'd guess enough people do to keep them in business. Considering that I'm doing most of my negotiation for my next vehicle online and I've bought all my computers online, buying tires online may not be as much of a stretch as it intuitively seems.

It looks like finding one between $20K and $30K is going to be a problem...

Remember -- the first ones delivered are going to be fully loaded. There will be more cloth-seat, 2WD $27-30K V6 models around in the coming weeks/months.
    Hey irismg,
    I'm not sure where you live, but I'll bet tirerack can recommend a local tire installer who will accept a shipment of tires from them. So you buy the tires on-line and ship them to the installer. Then you just make an installation appointment, pay the mounting and balance fee and your done, probably saving 20% or more over what Sears or Goodyear would charge you. Ask any car freak about tirerack and they'll have good things to say (I've used them for about 20 years with zero problems). Also, if you're hoping to find a Venza for less than $30K, you'll need to wait for the 4 cyl to come out in late January or early February. And then, if you go easy on the options, you can get a vehicle with a list MSRP of around $29K and with some successful negotiation pay between $26K and $27K. If you only have one dealer nearby, they may not be willing to negotiate, but it wouldn't hurt to show them quotes from other dealers. Good luck.

MD
    The mirrors on my Venza fold both forward and backward and didn't really require too much pressure (I just checked).

I have purchased tires for my wife's car and mine for several years from Tirerack. It was the Lexus dealer where we purchased our vehicles from over the years that recommended Tirerack to us.
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    I, & most of the people I know, have been buying tires on line for years; and we do live in the real world. The Tire Rack has a great selection of all brands, better prices than anyone I've ever found in the 5 states I've lived in, an objective, knowledeable sales staff, loads of information that will help you select the best tire to suit the way you drive, and local installers all over the country.

Try it the next time you need tires
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    The folding, heated mirrors on the Venza are part of option package #2
  • joeblack1joeblack1 Member Posts: 52
    "I personally don't know anybody living here at my complex or who even has a house who would buy mail order tires..."

I agree with your concerns about pricing on the large tires, but I would add another plug for tirerack. I can't imagine not buying my tires online. Tirerack is the Amazon.com of tires. I get much more accurate information there than I would get from any salesperson in a store, they have a great selection and great pricing. They also have a great user ratings section where thousands of people rate tires and the tires in each class can be compared to each other by different characteristics, even by make of car. I even convinced my 80 year old mother-in-law to buy on line. You can often have them shipped directly to an installer. The last time I ordered snow tires they arrived in two days.
    I got to test drive a V6 AWD loaded model and was most impressed. I found the ride very comfortable, but not soft or stiff as I find my wife's Rav4. The car had plenty of power to get up and go on the highway while being easy to maneuver on secondary rounds and gas stations. Yes, I did say gas stations, because the yellow low fuel warning light was on and I did not want to get stuck on the highway, Some things never change for dealers :) , but since it take regular (big plus) and with gas is so cheap (at least right now), $2 was plenty to complete my test drive. The back storage are was perfect for my golf equipment including cart. It much easier to get it in and out since no bending is needed. The driving position and entry is just right, since I am 6' tall. I found it much more comfortable than the Rav 4 which I am also considering. However, the dealers (those who want to stay in business) are willing to deal. My low pressure salesman (who sold my wife's car) said right now he can do $1000 over invoice. He thinks by the time I am ready to order in late January it might be around $200 over invoice. For the fun of it, he did a search for Venzas which a limited amount of options and the lowest tended to have at least $3000-$4000 worth of extras. Since I only want the Comfort Package (LS) and Tow Prep (TO) he said that a special order would not be a problem and not cost any more, Special orders will take from 6 to 8 weeks which is fine for me since I don't want the car until mid-March when most of the snow will end around here (Boston area). Seems like the closer to spring you can wait, the deeper the discounts will become.
  • chadxchadx Member Posts: 153
    If I may say so, who in the real world buys their tires online?!

I, and lot's of people I know, use tirerack all the time. I've lived in quite a few cities/states and have ordered from tirerack more times than I haven't. That is including when I lived in downtown Chicago and had them shipped to my high-rise.

I did, however, just replace my Michelin pickup tires at Costco. There happened to be a big Michelin sale on at the time that I was in for a price comparison. 85,000 miles on the current tires (same model), and could have gone another 5,000 but it's dead of winter and the snowstorms are moving in (Montana) and I wasn't looking forward to driving up the ski mountain, every weekend, on that amount of tread.

Back on the subject, I am holding off on a Venza test drive until I can do it in a 4 cylinder AWD since that is the only model in which I'm interested. I don't want to get used to V6 power when I am only considering the I4. Heck, 182hp should be plenty. My '83 Ford F150 only had 185 (though more torque) and that was plenty. The Venza weighs almost 4,000lbs and that truck was just over that. Amazing how heavy vehicles are nowdays with all the safety and creature comforts adding up.
    What a strange new world this is. Thanks for the info. Apartment dwellers such as myself would have no place to store tires, so this is a revelation. Although, it still seems like a hassle.
    By "lots of people you know", how many is that, exactly? I don't think online tire buying is that popular here in Oklahoma City yet. But, what do I know?
    I just bought new ones for the old-timer (at dealer prices, no less), but I just might do that if any convenient tire places in Metro OKC do that. I would still venture to suggest that you and a few of your friends wouldn't constitute widespread usage, as it's certainly not advertised very much here in Oklahoma. After all, if an Internet business sells worldwide, they wouldn't have to do much local business to be successful, so that doesn't really tell me much. But I'm certainly open to a new way of doing things, especially with regards to saving money! :)
    Well, it would be poor form for me to go over there during their off hours and break their mirror trying to get it to move, would it? I'll take your word for it, glad it works as it should for you. But on a Nissan, it's much easier to move the mirror.
    Wow, guys, I get it! Tire Rack, it is! :) I guess I'll have to go online and see if they do business in my state. If it's Pep Boys, forget it! I wouldn't send a dog I liked over there...
    DEFINITELY I want the 4cylinder! The 4 cyl. Camrys have plenty of power enough for my purposes! But, $26K...hm. Nope, about $6K too much. I could get a nicely equipped Tiguan for that!

Can't wait to see some reports from people who pulled the trigger on these, though.
    Hey irismg, even if you prefer not to buy from Tirerack.com, their website is very valuable for their tire tests and owner surveys. They have logged nearly 138,000 surveys, reporting on 2.3 billion (that's Billion with a "B") miles of owner experiences with nearly every tire brand and model made. This information can help you decide which tire will work best for your needs (i.e. wet traction, tread life, snow capability, etc.). This is much more than you can get from the local tire dealer. So go ahead and buy local, but use the Tirerack to educate yourself before you buy.

MD
    But, $26K...hm. Nope, about $6K too much. I could get a nicely equipped Tiguan for that!

Really? You feel that the Venza 4-cyl should be priced around $20K?

I considered the Tiguan, but it is a smaller vehicle than the Venza. Although space isn't a huge priority for me, I want something with a little more space than the Tiguan. It seems to be in the same physical class as a RAV4 or a Rogue.

In fact, my thought is the opposite of yours: I think the Tiguan is overpriced at $26K. For that, you could get a Venza. ;)
    Well, it would be poor form for me to go over there during their off hours and break their mirror trying to get it to move, would it? ...

---

You're right, it would be. I didn't realize when I posted about my mirrors folding rather easy that not all Venza's have that option. That's why I love reading the posts on this forum, I learn something new every time. :)
    I didn't realize when I posted about my mirrors folding rather easy that not all Venza's have that option.

I think all Venzas have folding exterior mirrors. Whether or not they are heated depends on whether you have that option.

On a side note, I'm glad Toyota is using larger, foldable mirrors on the Venza. Both the Camry and the Avalon do not have foldable mirrors.
  • yelirkramyelirkram Member Posts: 1
    The wife and I bought a Venza yesterday. It's V6 AWD loaded with LX, SR, NV and TO packages. Sunset Bronze with ivory leather interior. We paid $33,813 plus TTL at Beaman Toyota in Nashville, TN. I believe the sticker was $38,444.

After two days we are loving it. Very smooth, comfortable ride. It's getting looks and compliments.