Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Venza Prices Paid

Comments

• rekhihsrekhihs Member Posts: 1
    I am paying 31,303 before taxes for a New 2009 V6 Toyota Venza premium package 2.

leather interior, tow package, Sun roof, V6 basically everything except the nav system.

is that a good price. We want the 0% financing so they will not give us the 1500 rebate.

Thanks for your guidance as to whether this is a good price.
  • ccrellinccrellin Member Posts: 2
    In the greater Boston area, for an AWD 4-cylinder Venza (black) with the comfort, convenience and security packages (and sunroof), I paid $28,975 which included the destination charge. Seemed like a good deal to me.
  • ab00ab00 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    For those in the market for a Venza lease, I just signed a 36 month lease for a new 2010 2WD V6 Venza with leather, JBL audio and panoramic sunroof for $400/mth (incl. of all taxes). No money down and $475 drive-off (pretty much the first month payment). Don't know if this is a good lease or not but hope it helps folks negotiating a lease. I am in Los Angeles and enjoying the car so far.
    cheers, ab
  • apogor71apogor71 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to buy 2010 Venza V6. I have a questions regarding extended warranty. Does anyone have extended warranty added to you deal. How much was it? Thank you, Andy :)
  • beachguy1beachguy1 Member Posts: 2
    Andy, I purchased a 2010 V6 AWD Venza in late March. This is the first time we've purchased an extended warranty. We bought it because we plan to hang on to this car for a few years and the car is complicated with all the bells and whistles. The cost for 8 years 96,000 miles was approx $1,250. I see it as $250/year for the 5 years beyond the original 3 year 36k mile warranty.
  • agie1agie1 Member Posts: 25
    I just bought 2009 V6 AWD last week, msrp $38k, selling price $31K, 400 miles.
    I bought also extended warranty for $1695 (7/70k, platinum, no deductible).
    Is it a good deal or not?
  • apogor71apogor71 Member Posts: 2
    This is great. Thank you for the info. 1250$ seems reasonable.
  • bradleym2bradleym2 Member Posts: 3
    Just got offered $300.00 below invoice on any Venza I want, be it in stock, in transit, or on order. Sounds good to me. I was dealing over the internet and got the fleet manager. So, ask for the fleet manager. Don't waste time with the lot lackeys.

I think I'm going for the V6, FWD, Blizzard Pearl White, CQ, SR, NV, LA, SA, CF for $31814 plus tax, license, and doc fee. Unfortunately, in Los Angeles, CA, sales tax is 9.75%.

Toyota is giving 3.9% financing, 2years/25,000 miles of free maintenance. The dealership is giving one free car wash a week for up to 7 years.

Overall, this was the second best price I got on my package. Another dealer offered $31671 for the same, but did not have a car, and did not have one allocated or on order. If I wait, 5-6 weeks, I may miss out on the special financing and free service.

Good hunting!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    $300 below invoice sounds very good. Keep in mind what really matters is OTD price because we all pay it.
  • marvin6marvin6 Member Posts: 72
    We bought our 6 cyl venza last month through the USAA buying service (they use zag.com). We paid $1600 below invoice. I just checked the website and it can now be purchased (through June 1st) for $2,000 below invoice. We got a price from a local dealer in Alabama that was $500 below msrp. (oddly enough, toyota was giving $500 off) We got the 6 cyl with premium pkg 2, tow prep pkg, rear bumper protector, carpet (including cargo area), mudflaps and probably something else small. What was the cost difference? All these items had an msrp and an invoice. The total difference from the local dealer and the USAA dealer on the same vehicle was over $4500. Yes, four thousand five hundred dollars. I do not think $300 below invoice is a good deal at all. You may want to look into some buying services. If not USAA, check SAMS or AAA or someone like that.
    The internet is always fun.

I was quoted $300.00 below DEALER INVOICE not MSRP. MSRP with options was $35999.00. So I am $4185.00 below MSRP. Three other dealers have already stated that they cannot do any better or quoted dealer invoice only. I must be at the bottom or near bottom because I cannot get any more movement from any other dealer, and believe ME, I tried.

Dealer 1: $31671.00 15 min. from my house
    Dealer 2: $31814.00 20 min from my house
    Dealer 3: No Thanks, Cannot Match, Better Than Great Price, Buy It! 20 miles from my house
    Dealer 4: $32104.00 (Dealer Invoice?) 15 miles from my house
    Dealer 5: You'll never get the car, can't match price, come see me. 20 miles from my house.
    Dealer 6: $32275.00 3 miles from my house (walk in sales manager)
    Dealer 7: $32339.00 (same dealer as #6 internet sales manager)

So, tell me, what did you pay?
    Price was $1600 below invoice... not below MSRP. I don't have the sticker with me, but I believe the sticker was around $33.2k (v6, prem pkg 1 (didn't want heated seats), carpets and cargo carpet, tow prep kit, rear bumper guard, mudguards. MSRP was likely a little more than $33,200 (I added mudguards at last minute that added $150 - installed which is not on the sticker) and I did not get the toyoguard as I wax my own cars and have towing service/replacement vehicle with USAA. My cost was $29,627 (including mudguards) plus tax/tag/title ($913). I could get the same car today for $400 less according to the USAA website (now $2,000 below INVOICE).

Good luck with your purchase and do check out some buying services.
    From the USAA website today:

Pricing MSRP/Invoice
    6 cyl venza: 28,895/26,926
    Prem Pkg#1: 3,845/3,076
    Tow Prep Pkg: 220/176
    Carp Flr/Trnk Mat: 269/174
    Bumper Protect: 85/52

Total: 33,314/30,404
    USAA Price $28,804
    "USAA Price $28,804"

Same car here in NC is $29,200 OTD so you do have a good price.
    edited May 2010
    I think that is a better price than I got. Wife gave me my paperwork. I paid 595 for admin fee (didnt see the secretary, but assume it's not the pants that make her butt look big if I paid 595). My cost was 29,377 (including admin fee). Toyota incentive was $500 and dealer was $1100 below invoice plus whatever Toyota was offering - thus $1600 below invoice.

I ordered mine and it took about five weeks to get. I would highly suggest you drive the one you are going to buy. My transmission clunks between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd gears the first few shifts and clunks when going into reverse. I have about 500 miles on mine now and will take it in to have it checked, but I was not anticipating problems like this. My guess is the fluid is low, but it's a sealed unit and only the dealer can check it. Also, the ones we test drove all had michelin tires. Ours has goodyear and they ride VERY hard. Much harder than the michelins.
    I just used the USSA car pricing guide, using my options, and got a price of $32,409. So, my current price is still better than USAA, even if it is higher than your price. I think there are a few reasons why.

1. Destination charges to California are higher ($725.00).
    2. US military personnel get an additional $750.00 discount from Toyota.
    3. I have more/different options than you. Blizzard Pearl, PC, LA, NV, CQ, SA, SR, CF, V6, FWD.

If you noticed, the pricing guides always ask for your Zip Code to calculate the destination charges.

Thanks for the info, and great thanks for defending our freedom! $750.00 discount for military personnel is still not enough to repay your service.

Brad
    I think each dealer has a different price for USAA and that the toyota incentives are based on zip code. I think the shipping charge is the same nationwide - mine was $725 for Alabama. I am pleased with $1600 below invoice (model and options were irrelevant, price is $1600 below invoice total of car and options).

I served more than 20 years, but was not eligible for the military discount as it does not apply to retirees. Some car companies offer discounts to deferred enlistees - i.e. someone who has a contract to join the service, but never served a day..., but exclude retirees. I think hyundai is the only company that offers retirees a discount and only on select models. It doesn't bother me, though, as there is no requirement to "give" anything to retirees. In any event, enjoy your car.
  • sportfcsportfc Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have an idea how low the dealer will go to get rid of a 2009? Looking at a Venza with Nav, Sunroof, Tow, Mats, Prem #2, V6-FWD.
  • cmvhuntercmvhunter Member Posts: 2
    Wife and I purchased 2010 Venza V6 AWD, Black w/ Ivory leather interior w/ premium package 2, pano roof, carpeted floor package and JBL stereo upgrade for $32,663 which included a dealer fee (tax, tags and registration costs not included), MSRP was $37,044. Also got 5yr loan for 2.9% from Toyota. I was also able to save $1100 by shopping around on a factory warranty, got a platinum warranty 8yr 75k for little over $700 by shopping different dealers for prices

We actually bought our vehicle out of state about 1hr from where we live as local dealers couldn't even come close to this dealers price. Other than Toyota bumping our order back 3x, the salesman from the dealer was great keeping us informed with the progress and taking his time to explain all the features when we picked the vehicle up.
  • skyryeskyrye Member Posts: 1
    Hey, what dealership did you get this car from? I will use your name and get you a thank you check for thge referral. I am ready to buy one and would do this deal. Let me know. SkyRyeind@aol.com
  • agie1agie1 Member Posts: 25
    I bought my extended warranty for $1695 and I recently cancelled it.
    I am going to purchase it from other dealer which cost me only $710 for 7yr/75k with no deductible.
  • fellaharleyfellaharley Member Posts: 3
    I live in Connecticut. Today I test drove a 2010 Black V6 Venza. The only option I requested was a sunroof. I was given a MSRP of $31730, and sales price of $28995 PLUS $1195 for the sunroof, for a TOTAL of $30,190. Any thoughts??
  • wheeler21wheeler21 Member Posts: 3
    How does $24445 before tax and title fee sound for a 2010 4cyl FWD Venza? Only options would be 5 piece carpet mats. We almost went for it today but they weren't giving us quite enough for our trade-in (2009 Camry).
    edited June 2010
    For comparison I checked the USAA website (other buying services offer similar pricing). The 4 cyl Venza including shipping, but no options is listed at $23,255. If you belong to USAA or Costco or perhaps even a credit union, you could likely get a better price than what you were offered. Good luck. You may think $1,000 is insignificant, but it means a lot on a monthly payment or it can buy a lot of gasoline.
    I just checked USAA and I came up with $24,269 for the price with no options. Is it possible there are different prices depending on your zip? Also when I added in the mats, the USAA price is $24445.
  • alan226alan226 Member Posts: 7
    FYI, there is a large volume (Boch) area dealer that just advertised $4000 off sticker on ANY 2010 Venza, AWD, 4 or 6 cyl.
    When I bought my 2010 in March, the sticker for 4cyl AWD was $28900 and I got it for around $25500 if I remember correctly.
  • alan226alan226 Member Posts: 7
    I think you can do ALOT better on the price. You should be able to get at least $4000 off the sticker....
    Actually the price of $24445 was from TrueCar.com. I'm in Western Mass and that's the best price they found for my area. I put in a Boston area zip and the best price was slightly higher. I can only guess that dealers in other areas are offering lower prices. I'm not sure how far is feasible to travel for a car purchase. I guess it depends on the savings. I made a $4000 off sticker offer to Boch on a similar model...still waiting to hear. I've also tried BJs and upromise auto buying services. Both price out higher than $24445 for a base model with 5 piece carpet mats.
    Always make the Dealer make the first offer and shop OTD... because we all pay it.
  • andrei44andrei44 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased 2010 V6, AWL Venza in NJ.
    Color: metallic grey
    Packages: fully loaded (HID headlamps and roof rack)
    MSRP: 38300+
    Additional items purchased/negotiated:
    Genuine Toyota remote stater (dealer will install for $200)
    Rear bumper protector (dealer will install for free)
    Cargo net (for free)
    Vehicle Protection Program (window etch) $199 fee is included
    Amount paid: $33500(included destination)
    Fees: taxes and registration/title, $250 documentation fee, $200 for the remote starter.

Email all dealers in 40 miles radius to NYC and by far this was a best deal i got. Also paid $1200 for Platinum Extended Warranty.

Please let me know what u think about my deal.
    If $33,500 is OTD you made a good deal.
  • aaasupr1aaasupr1 Member Posts: 3
    Here was the deal we got today, we were either going with this or a Ford Edge.
    Vehicle was 32500 on the window. There were no rebates. Once they knew that we wanted it, they without hesitation went to invoice. Invoice was 31000. We ended up about 5000 apart, and explained that Ford was offering us 3500 in rebates. We were about to walk out when they committed to a price of 27500. We bought. This was a fully loaded V6, except for no leather. All the other upgrades, even the really nice 20in wheels.
  • rash1rash1 Member Posts: 1
    What dealer did you go?

Thanx a bunch.
  • kyrptokyrpto Member Posts: 216
    edited July 2010
    The $27,500 was the sticker before the incentives ($2K). We paid Virginia's 3% tax on the $25,500 purchase price. I missed the 2 yr free service package.
  • midastouchmidastouch Member Posts: 5
    MSRP $33,174 - FWD 4 cylinder, with JBL, conv. package, comfort package, security package, sun roof and floor mats.

Price paid $29,000 plus $500 doc fee and taxes. Is this a good deal?
  • xtenixxtenix Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know the current residual value for the Venza 4-cyl AWD in NJ?
  • xtenixxtenix Member Posts: 3
    Possible to share the dealership info?
  • akhachatoorianakhachatoorian Member Posts: 2
    hi guys,

I recently went to a couple dealers here in CA and wanted to buy the standard 4 cyl. 2010 Venza and was trying to see if 25,500 is too low for the card OTD. I went to 4 dealers around my area they are giving it to me 28-29k OTD. What do you guys suggest. Am I asking for too much cause 2011 are not here yet. please help
    edited July 2010
    I'd suggest you look into a buying service. I know fees/taxes are different everywhere, but for the 6 cyl venza with option pkg 2, tow prep kit, rear bumper protector, mud guards, rear carpet mat plus a few other things I paid just over $30k OTD. With the toyota incentives at this point, I can buy the same care at the same dealership in GA for $600 less than when I bought it in April (wud make it about $29,500 or so. Through USAA, I paid $1,600 under invoice. I looked the last week and it was $2,200 under invoice.
  • akhachatoorianakhachatoorian Member Posts: 2
    thnx for the suggestion. but logistically what would you think i can get the car OTD the cost for TTL here is 11.5%. Im thinking if there invoices are around 22-23k, is even $26k out the door too little because im not getting anyting else.
    edited July 2010
    I just looked at the USAA website. For my area the venza is still $2,200 below invoice. I bought mine for $1,600 below invoice. IF it were me, I'd probably settle on a number between 1600 and 2000 below invoice and not go over that. The taxes and fees will be what they will be. If they don't want to deal with you, check some of the buying services. I believe AAA has one, costco, some credit unions, etc. Good luck.
  • njpilotnjpilot Member Posts: 1
    What is your location and zip code? I tried the USAA website and the model is only $725 under invoice in my zip code.
  • xbjxxbjx Member Posts: 1
    Bought a Silver 4 Cyl with Conv Package and Tow Prep.

Retail: $26,275
    Conv Pkg: $860
    Tow: $220
    Delivery: $795
    Dealer Options: $499 (nitrogen, srtipes, floormats, pure profit)

Total Sticker: $28,649

Paid: $26,100 + $2500 trade on a 99 camry = $23,600

Feel pretty good about it, first new car I have ever bought. Maybe could have haggled some more but I really wanted to be in and out and not waste a whole day. Good deal?
  • florcalflorcal Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    For anyone looking to buy a used Venza, in November 2009 we bought a used one with 12K miles at San Francisco Toyota for $26,300 ($29,000 out the door). V6, leather, Panoramic roof, JBL Sound, integrated Bluetooth, Smart Key System, rear bumper protector, chrome accent door handles, floor mats. The car was in excellent condition.

We looked at new models with the same features and it was going to be around $33K using USAA car buying service. We couldn't be happier buying "almost new" and got all the goodies we wanted. Buying from San Francisco Toyota was the best car buying experience we have ever had. No BS when negotiating with them.
  • dagger4dagger4 Member Posts: 1
    I read thru every forum I could find, read all the reviews and looked at all the competitors before deciding on the Venza.
    Just picked up:
    Red V-6 AWD
    Comfort
    Conv
    JBL
    Panoramic Roof
    Secuirity
    Tow PKG
    Floor Mats
    Sticker was: 36449
    Paid: 30449
    That is 2383 below invoice and 1483 below the USAA price. No trade involved, end of the month, and a hungry dealer looking to make me a customer for life. I'm exremely satisfied with the deal and now just hope the vehicle does not disappoint.
  • venza2venza2 Member Posts: 3
    Purchased July 28 2010 Found out Friday is was sold with recalls ,that have not been performed. Dealer sales manager stated the thought it was completed? Gas petal and override. Check before you buy
  • skyybcskyybc Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Hey guys,

Im looking for some feedback on this deal I have lined up for a 2010 Venza V6 fully loaded but no entertainment packages. MSRP is $36k my price is $32.3k

I was planning on buying, but they arent running any special finance deals this month. So instead, Im looking at leasing at the .00050 money factor. Then if/when I decide to buy it out, I will do that.

So first, Im looking for feedback on the price. Second, any thoughts on my plan to lease now to take advantage of the great money factor?

Thanks!
  • bruinmikebruinmike Member Posts: 1
    Guys,

My first time... just purchased blizzard pearl/ivory V6 Venza w/ navi,pano roof,leather,smart key, back up camera, power lift gate. Sticker was $36K. Price Paid was $30,900 plus tax & reg. I talked to several dealers and they could not match the price. Few offered $31,900. I was lucky in that the dealer only had 3 venza's left and were looking to move them.

contacted few dealers after using true car and amex.. but the best deal I got was from a dealer I contacted directly.
    :)
  • actionjhactionjh Member Posts: 20
    I would imagine Toyota should be offering a much more aggressive deal on the Venza by now. I took delivery of mine on 12/31/09 when the dealer was packed with people trying to get in for the last day of tax incentive. There's literally no Venza on the lot and the shipment just landed the dealership on 12/30/09. Seriously, not the best time to deal on a car. Well, I did. I know the dealer has room to throw in more discount. But knowing there's limited inventory, I had no bargaining leaverage.

The best price I landed was $315xx (MSRP $357xx). 2010 Pearl White V6 FWD with Premium package #1 (leather, smart key, power liftgate, HID Xeon, Auto High beam, back up camera..etc), with Navigation.

Just FYI for people shopping for a Venza.