Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Venza Prices Paid

Comments

• md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Checking the Toyota Georgetown, KY production plan and some news alerts, it looks like there will be no additional Venzas produced until about Jan. 12, 2009. Thus far 6348 Venzas have been assembled through Dec. 17 when the plant shutdown for an extended period (usually they just shutdown for the week from Christmas to New Years Day). So if you are hoping your local dealer may have some additional Venzas arriving soon (beyond their current allocation), it may take another month to rebuild the pipeline.

MD
  • marqmarq Member Posts: 7
    I live in Texas. They have "distributor options" that add to the cost high profit useless items. One salesman told me that Toyota doesn't do custom orders--another said they do. Have you been able to track your order? Are you sure they are not just looking for one like the one you ordered?
  • wstevecwstevec Member Posts: 126
    My salesman who sold my wife a car two years ago, told me that a special order would not be a problem, but would take from 6 to 8 weeks after I place it (late January in my case). As a practice, the salespeople will always do a search for a vehicle similar to the the one you want. This serves two purposes, it gets you the car faster and their money quicker. Also, like your "distributor options" (sounds a little fishy to me), they feel that if the car they find only has another $500 to $1000 more of options, it does not matter to most buyers. It does to me, which is why I am ordering mine the exact way I want it. In this economy, no car dealer is going to turn away any business.
  • irismgirismg Member Posts: 345
    Well, first, whatever works for you is what you should go for. One could just as well say, I could buy a nicely equipped RAV4 or CR-V for that and it'd be the same difference. I should say that I don't really play the "fanboy" game, even though I've driven Toyota-based cars for the last 20 years. A good car is a good car, regardless of brand.

Second, although I don't see where I wrote anything about what Venza "should" be priced, I do believe Venza would be well-priced in the $21-$22K range for the base model. Anything higher than that, as I have suggested, there are other options at better prices. I mean, for $26K, do you buy a Venza or well-equipped Tiguan, or maybe even a Highlander Hybrid? Back in the day, they used to price the Saturn wagon about $1000 higher than the Saturn sedan; in that case, a base Venza should then only be about a grand more than a base Camry. And even then, this would be more than I'd be willing to spend for it unless there were some serious rebates attached.

Which brings me to the final nail in the coffin for the prospect of a new Venza for me. Your own budget may of course be different, but I suppose the best way to sum up what I wrote is that $26K is about $6K more than I would spend on a car....period.

It's all according to personal preference, no matter how you choose to look at it. As far as Volkswagens go, they tend to be pricey by American car standards anyway, but yet cost less than Audis, which VW owns. But is Tiguan too expensive? Not compared to the rest of their lineup, unless you are looking at the Jetta Sportwagen, which is the only cargo-carrying vehicle they have that's smaller and less expensive, and can be had for about $21K MSRP. I believe that size and price-wise, Venza would be more comparable to the Passat Wagon and pricing it like that puts it pretty much out of reach for me.

THAT's what I was trying to put across! :)
    Thanks for the feedback on this car's ride! I would have been surprised if Venza didn't ride better than ANY sport-ute just due to the construction. All SUVs have a stiffness to them to me, depending on how long or short they are

Right now the price of gas is back down to where even premium is a bargain, but I don't think we should be fooled into believing it'll stay that way. In my opinion, one should shop as if the gas price were high. The difference between regular and midgrade is only a few dollars per tank, the price of a carton of cigarettes, say, which in my opinion is not really enough of a consideration. One could perhaps judge the car based on whether it has the right amount of room for you and how comfortable it is. But that said, I do hear what you're saying and felt the same way about the regular vs premium before I saw just how high gas could get! Now I don't have any problem with midgrade or higher gas, especially now that it costs now what I used to pay for regular!

But if you don't mind my asking, was your salesman telling you then, that it's going to be cheaper to buy it now while nobody has any than to wait until they have some in stock? Dealers do tend to put a lot of dealer-added stuff on them that nobody asked for...
    That is a good idea, too! :)
    Pretty! Isn't it nice to see earth tones come back instead of silly M&M colors they'd been using lately? You got a deal off that sticker...wow, that is, I guess! LOL

But yours IS the leather model, though...
  • wstevecwstevec Member Posts: 126
    If I get your question right, my salesman who I have previous dealings with, actually said that he expects the price to drop by the end of January perhaps by another $800. He also basically said that there was no savings in buying a loaded in stock car, or ordering one the way you want. By the way, you have two good points, one, most of the Venzas in stock are loaded, the one I test drove had a MSRP of $38K. Second, when shopping for a new car, keep in mind the gas prices will go up again ( good news for Exxon-Mobil stock holders :) )
  • sunfiendsunfiend Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a new V-6 Venza. MSRP is 33580. We paid 30473 before trade-in, tax, title, doc fee, etc... Options are as follows:
    1) Blizzard Pearl (Special Color charge)
    2) Tow Prep (TO)
    3) Convenience (CQ)
    4) Comfort (LS)
    5) Security (SA)
    6) JBL Stereo/Blue Tooth (EJ)
    7) Carpet Floor Mats and Cargo Net (We had them throw this in)

It was missing the Lighting Package, otherwise it would be a Prem #2. But we're okay without it.

I hate the car buying process.
    We started out where they said they'll sell it to you at invoice. I came back with 29540. I was aiming for a 10-11% discount from MSRP. Salesman leaves for ten minutes to go talk to manager (or whatever). He comes back and says invoice including TDA is 29973 and they won't sell below invoice. I made my first mistake by saying okay, I'll pay that if you include the carpet floor mats & cargo net. I should have just said I won't pay that much to see what he would have said. Oops. Salesman leaves for ten minutes again...Comes back and says, we'll cut the bs and our final price is 30473. We said no way and left. We get a call the next day saying that if we pay the 30473 they'll raise our trade-in value by $500. I accepted.

There you have it. I'm quite sure I could have received a better deal if I was a good negotiator. Which I unfortunately am not. And my wife is worse. But in the end I feel it is in the ball-park of fairness. Or at least that is what I'm telling myself. When they raised our trade-in amount it then matched Edmunds TMV for it. So that's good.

Looking forward to driving our new Blizzard Pearl, Ivory Leather Venza!!
  • qs933qs933 Member Posts: 302
    Second, although I don't see where I wrote anything about what Venza "should" be priced...

You stated "But, $26K...hm. Nope, about $6K too much." in this post. To me, that meant that you felt that the Venza was overpriced by $6K.

But now I think I understand what you really meant -- what you really want is a true base model Venza that starts at $20-22K, rather than a well-equipped "base" that starts at $26K.

I mean, for $26K, do you buy a Venza or well-equipped Tiguan, or maybe even a Highlander Hybrid?

You're referring to a used Highlander Hybrid, right? A new Highlander Hybrid starts around $35K for the base model. Also, the well-equipped Tiguan SE for $26K is fairly comparable in terms of features of the also well-equipped Venza for $26K.

The Venza gets better mileage (20/28 for the 4-cyl AWD, 18/25 for the V6 AWD on regular fuel) versus the Tiguan SE (18/24 for the 4-cyl Automatic 4Motion on premium fuel). Features are likely a wash -- I see things missing on the Tiguan (manual, 1-zone AC; 17" wheel), but I'm sure there's stuff that the Venza is missing.

Which brings me to the final nail in the coffin for the prospect of a new Venza for me.

That's an important distinction, and I understand now where you're coming from. It's not that you feel that the Venza is not worth what it costs. Any car that costs $26K would be out of consideration based on your criteria.

I agree; we all need to purchase the vehicle that's right for our own wants and needs. Based on my initial look, I'm pleased with the Venza and think it's priced pretty competitively. It's high on my list of potential vehicles.
  • mikes10663mikes10663 Member Posts: 3
    Sunfiemd--Thanks for the info, very helpful. Is that the front-wheel drive V6?
    Thanks
  • macpromacpro Member Posts: 52
    [sunfiend] wrote:

There you have it. I'm quite sure I could have received a better deal if I was a good negotiator. Which I unfortunately am not. And my wife is worse. But in the end I feel it is in the ball-park of fairness. Or at least that is what I'm telling myself. When they raised our trade-in amount it then matched Edmunds TMV for it. So that's good.

Looking forward to driving our new Blizzard Pearl, Ivory Leather Venza!!

----

I think most people feel if they only would have negotiated a little longer, they could have gotten a better deal. I know I felt that way more than once. I have been buying new vehicles for almost 15 years and have learned a lot. Looking back, I always got the car (options, color) I wanted and enjoyed it for years, but don't always remember the final purchase price.

My wife and I are enjoying our Venza. Saw a Blizzard Pearl recently and love that color too.
  • sunfiendsunfiend Member Posts: 3
    It is the FWD V-6. Also, after rereading my post I noticed when I described the car buying process I wrote that the dealer first started out asking invoice. That is wrong, they started out saying they would sell it at MSRP.
    As you say, distributor add-ons sounds fishy and is but unfortunately they occur regularly in certain states including here in Texas! I saw on the internet that a local Toyota dealer had a blizzard pearl Venza on the lot. I drove over to look at it and write down the cost of unwanted distributor add-ns. They totaled $1500. The salesman I dealt with said maybe they could find one in the system with options I wanted before it gets to the "distributor". He went to "look it up". He came back and said he found a couple (didn't specify what they were) but that the sales manager said they would make a deal taking off the cost of some unwanted options but that they wanted list price for the vehicle including factory options. The car didn't even have the towing package that was on the list of factory options I wanted. I told him I have never paid list price (I'm 64 years old) and left. I'm keeping my 2004 Pilot that I love Until next year to see what is available. I Don't like the new Pilot--so Toyota is losing a sale. They build cars with the options they want to sell--not the ones customers want. They are projected to lose money for the first time in 71 years. if the Domestics rebound and Honda comes out with a direct competitor of the Venza their attitude may change.

When I complained about distributor add-ons one salesman told me that the whole country is divided into four regions with a distributor for each region. This is incorrect. There are two distributors for two Southern regions. In the North and West this nonsense does not prevail. I confirmed it by calling a Wisconsin Toyota dealer. I have the misfortune of being in a state (Texas) where the "distributor" gets first crack at adding unwanted, useless, and/or overpriced options ( they can be up to $2000 or more) before the dealer gets the vehicle and decides whether to pile on with more options before the car hits the lot.

For a great explanation of this difference in Toyota sticker prices from the prices shown on Edmunds and other internet sites see:

http://help.edmunds.com/cgi-bin/edmunds.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=493

Thank God for the internet and the information it provides!
    I also live in a state (Hawaii) served by a distributor (Servco) that's totally separate from Toyota of North America. Servco also owns all the dealerships on the island of Oahu. As you can imagine, it's difficult to negotiate when the competition is virtually nil.

Pricing is fair (below MSRP but several percentage points above invoice) and usually matches what's on Edmunds, but there is very little negotiating. On the plus side, I've seen only a handful of vehicles with rustproofing or other add-ons of questionable value added. It's nothing compared to what I've seen with GST or SET, where you have first aid kits and window etching and other profit-generators on almost every vehicle.
    You got the gist of it! :) Although I personally question whether ANY car is worth $26K given what we use them for. I hope you enjoy your Venza!
  • chadxchadx Member Posts: 153
    "Although I personally question whether ANY car is worth $26K given what we use them for."

Same could be said for a house since, really, all a house needs to provide is shelter, a place to sleep, eat, etc. and shouldn't cost more than $30k - $120k depending on in what part of the country one lives. But then, not too many people live in a merely "adequate" house. :P As with cars, it's about wants and not needs. A $5,000 used Toyota car would serve 80% of the country just fine (guessing 20% would legitimately need more room for family, hauling for their job, etc).

That being said, "worth" is a completely different thing. It is based on opinion only. If all potential buyers didn't think a specific example of a car was "worth" what manufactures wanted, the car wouldn't sell and the manufactures would have to choose between selling them for less or quit making them. Note I said "all" buyers because even if 95% of buyers didn't think a vehicle worth it, but 5% did and that 5% bought up all available examples, that is all the manufacturer of any product needs. Indeed "worth" is whatever the market will bear.
  • hp88hp88 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I live in Central NJ and a dealer, 40-50 miles away in PA is offering $1,500 over invoice.

The dealer closer by is offering $2,000 over invoice (MSRP is $34,8XXX and invoice is $30,6XX). Basically, he's splitting the difference. I'm convinced that I shouldn't pay more than $1,000 over invoice and that I should walk away from the deal.

I'm basically looking at Comfort (LS), Convenience (CQ) and Navigation (NV) / EJ (Sound upgrade). Its been difficult getting these packages in these combinations but I have been able to locate a few dealers with them. Seems that, if you want Nav, you get stuck with Rear Seat Entertainment package.

Any and all information and advice will be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to wrap up Friday (tomorrow).

Thanks all,

HP.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    Fitzmall.com is advertising just $700 over invoice ~ it's worth the drive down to either PA or MD for that!
    Thx my3rdrx ... just checked out the website...seems that he's $4K below MSRP on fully loaded, $3K below (which puts it about 700-$1K above invoice) on the mid-range of options and about $2K-2.3K below on the FWDs.

I'll call them this morning.
  • joeblack1joeblack1 Member Posts: 52
    "I'll call them this morning."

Please do let us know how it works out.
    So far, I haven't pulled the triggers as the Mrs. is considering an Acura MDX now. Regardless, this is what I have...it is impossible for find just Comfort (LS), Convenience (CQ) and Navigation (NV) w/o other major add ons such as Sun Roof, Rear DVD, etc.

3 dealers have been able to find that pkg combo with one or two add ons but no cars are available with only those 3 packages.

I have gotten 4-5 dealers quoting $1000+ over invoice (Ramsey, Toms River, Caldwell and a couple of others) regardless of the MSRP ... Morristown (Jose x251) and Rt. 22 (Hillside) were willing to go at invoices for the cars they do have. If my wife decides to stay with the Venza, I'll either be locking it down with Ramsey or Rt. 22 depending on which one has the best combination of color and options.

Great response/behavior from Ramsey and Morristown...Rt. 22 has done a lot of work trying to find me the right combination of packages (Jamie - Internet sales).

Now, we're waiting for Acura quotes ... big ole' circle but boy, its been fun and learning experience buying a Toyota with the veritable variety of options.

HP.
  • juliawithtwojuliawithtwo Member Posts: 3
    I'm in Central TX, and hubby and I packed up the babies to go check out a Venza. They were all sold out. Even the cars to be shipped to the dealership have been presold. The sales guy told me that there was a waiting list (so no room for bargaining really), but if we wanted a Highlander there were plenty on the lot.
  • oldgoat2oldgoat2 Member Posts: 14
    Down here in Houston there seems to be 3-6 at every dealership.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a large finance magazine is looking to speak to Toyota Venza owners. If you are interested in speaking with the reporter, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information by Wednesday, January 14, 2009.
    Would be interesting to know amount of distributor and/or dealer add-ons to sticker. Also whether they will deal on price.
  • rvictorrvictor Member Posts: 1
    I hope you have better luck than I had fighting with Toyota. I bought a Camry and the engine blew after 18k miles due to TOYOTAS FAMOUS ENGINE SLUDGE FIASCO. It too two months and finally I got a lawyer and threaten litigation against them. Only then they finally replaced the engine. Now it leaks oil and rattles. But it only had a three month warranty. I would never buy another JUNK TOYOTA. Anyone want to buy a Camry? Maybe I'll donate or Junk it. Probably the latter. You're taking a huge chance buying a Toyota. I learned my lesson the hard way
    My salesperson mentioned that they are expecting to receive about 25 Venzas a month, to be split across 7 dealerships, for the next several months. That's only 3 or 4 each.
  • mrschrismrschris Member Posts: 1
    I just received an offer to buy for $34K in Atlanta, GA with FWD V6 with NAV, PREM #2 and PANORAMIC ROOF. However, the buying service through my auto insurer says I can do better at $32,600.
  • venomshot629venomshot629 Member Posts: 20
    I posted this in another thread but I think this is a better place for it:

Hey all, I'm new here on the forums and I am really excited about the Venza.

I've been doing a lot of research on the invoice pricing on all of the extra equipment, as well as the car itself, so I could see in reality what kind of prices the dealers were offering and how realistic they are. I actually ended up making a whole spreadsheet about it, and it was truly interesting to see the wide variety in pricing... Here is the package I was looking for, followed by some of the prices:

2WD Black Venza with Ivory Cloth interior
    SA - Security Package
    CQ - Convenience Package
    EJ - JBL Premium System + Bluetooth
    SR - Panoramic Sunroof
    CF - Floor and Cargo Mat
    GN - Cargo Net
    WL - Wheel Locks

That package I just detailed has an MSRP of just over $32,000, but an invoice price of about $29,000... Meaning the dealer selling it for $32,000 would make a $3,000 profit minus whatever small fees here and there. For a consumer, that means there is a lot of room for them to lower the price...

First, I got an offer claiming to be a "special Internet price", "just for me", saying basically "MSRP: $32,000, our Special Price for You: $32,000". I was honestly offended upon seeing that after learning the invoice pricing. I received a few offers from other dealers for $31,000, then $30,000, going back and forth in emails asking if they could match or beat a new offer I had received from a lower priced dealer... Eventually it hit $29,765, and $29,430, which seemed to be the bottom line at which most dealers started saying, "Well that place is obviously desperate and in a bad location", and that they could not match that price.

Finally, I narrowed it down to 2 dealerships, and was satisfied with the price at $29,430, but liked the relations with the dealer that was selling at $29,765 much better; I asked if he could lower to match the other dealer price, and he offered me this deal:

Either he could match their price, $29,430, OR he could upgrade me to a Venza with the same exact specs, but ALSO with the glass sensor and remote start package... At our originally agreed price of $29,765.

The invoice price including those 2 new things he added in? $29,692. I am getting the Venza for $73 dollars over invoice price, at $29,765 (plus tax of course). $2,000 dollars lower than my first offer, with more features than I expected, and $3,458 lower than the retail price ($33,223).

I just wanted to share that little story with you all, and encourage everyone that hasn't already to do a bit of research and calling around, because chances are there is a great deal on the exact Venza setup that you want, but don't settle with the first offer.... Bargain!!! ;)
  • princesssandraprincesssandra Member Posts: 2
    Shopping for '09 Venza ..same as your features, but adding
    desire leather package seats
    internet price $34,664.00...discounted to $31,450.00
    plus tax....
    live in southern california..Ventura..

where did you pushase your Venza and do you like it.
    thanks again.
    RCC. Ojai, California 93023
  • Rob2711Rob2711 Member Posts: 4
    I am going to check out the Venza (maybe wait until the 4 cyl is here) and am also outside Boston, would you mind passing along the name of your sales person (who you mentioned isn't pushy)?
    Were you looking for the glass break sensor and remote start engine? If not, the leather package adds another $1280 to the invoice cost, which would put the car's invoice price to about $29,000 even; this means the dealer buys it for $29,000. I think if they can discount it to $30,500 or so that would be a good offer and they would still be making a considerable profit if you are getting the same options as me.

I am getting my Venza from a Northern California dealership near Vallejo, it seems dealers in that region have some of the most competitive pricing. Maybe you should email them? It may be worth the drive if they can get you a good enough deal. :confuse:
    Interesting thoughts! I guess it remains to be seen, then what with all the layoffs, whether potential buyers and the market will continue to bear a $30K+ car or not. Happy driving!
    Excellent! Well done! Making them sell below $30K is great. Still costs too much, but well below what they wanted for it. This will make the fleet or program car prices very reasonable. This is where a broker's services would be invaluable, for those potential buyers who don't want to play games.
  • princesssandraprincesssandra Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all post of prices, great to have knowledge to go into battle. Since we are costco members, going through auto program, just starting to get into choices of packages before I can strike deal..Dealer must show 1.Member only price sheet.
    2.MSRP. 3. Manufacturer's invoice.
    My question to owners of Venza, Options. Package #2
    Is it worth the extra charge? I do have to have leather, but the camera, sound system and etc.?

thanks again. Customer with a mission. Totalied my honda accord last week, so also without car..cracked 2 ribs..so not in any hurry. On my knees with thanksgiving to God.
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    Package 1 gives me everything I want & need, including leather & the bu camera.
    Initially thought the camera was a little bit of a gimick; but after driving a Venza & seeing what it does for rear vision & safety I won't buy a car without it.
  • macpromacpro Member Posts: 52
    I agree I would not by another vehicle if it didn't offer a rear camera.

We purchased our Venza about two months ago and are really loving it!
  • carlupicarlupi Member Posts: 52
    The back up cameras are a necessity but only because most SUVs, and many cars, today have terrible rear vision and dangerous blind spots.
    For anyone who lives in the Bay area of California, I would HIGHLY recommend buying from Antioch Toyota:

http://www.antiochtoyota.com/special.cfm?ID=152&P=Map|/|Directions

I just bought my Venza from them yesterday, and the whole process was just flawlessly smooth... From start to finish, they were the ones who were able to get me the lowest price (as I stated before, $73 over invoice), and the salesperson and finance person I worked with didn't pressure me at all... They were friendly and informative, and laid the options all out on the table. If I said I didn't want something, that was that.

I told them when I was coming in to buy the car, and when I got there all of the paperwork on their end was already done, all I had to do was inspect the car and sign my name on the lines. The whole process took just about 45 minutes, would have only taken 30 if I opted to not let them teach me a few cool things about the car and sync my phone via bluetooth, but that was helpful as well.

As far as discounts, I got the initial discount of $3,458 off of retail price, + an extra $100 discount for paying in all cash, + discounts on the maintenance and extended warranty since this is the first model of the Venza... basically a discount for being the first to take that leap and try something new.

If you are interested in buying a Venza (I believe they sell Toyota, Scion, Nissan and Lexus there as well), feel free to send me a message here and I will give you the name of the person to work with to ensure you get the same great experience I did. :D
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    How much are the above 2 items go (what kind of coverage/term) for and is it by Toyota or 3rd party warranty?
  • ghtrapghtrap Member Posts: 26
    Firebird,

I just purchased my Venza yesterday and didn't buy the extended warranty, but while with the F&I guy, he said because it was the last day of the month, the Toyota (not 3rd party) warranty was on sale. I don't know if it ever sells for more or less than the "sale" price, but we were talking about an extention to 7 years or 75,000 miles and the price was $985. The 7yr/100,000mi one was $1280.

I've never bought an extedned warranty for anything in my life, so I wasn't particularly interested - even though with a brand new product, some may want to consider it. It would be intersting to see what others have paid for a similar extended warranty to see if those prices are reasonable.
    Looking at my paperwork, I got the 7yr 75,000 mile warranty for $1007.10, and the 4yr 55,000 mile prepaid maintenance for $875. So it doesnt look like they were giving TOO much of a discount off normal pricing. My dealer did inform me, though, that since the Venza is a 1st year new Toyota model, all Venza get warranty discounts (as opposed to a Camry, which is now 2-3 years from its "redux" new version).
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    If they paid the prices you quoted they've been had! If those were the sale prices I hate to think what the regular prices are.
  • slance66slance66 Member Posts: 22
    Ok, consider me shocked. I followed the launch of the Venza from concept to car, thinking it might work for my family. It is a Camry wagon with AWD, nothing more, nothing less. So why does it cost several thousand more than a similar Camry? The prices for this thing are insane. The Highlander is everything the Venza is, with a third row seat added, and costs less. I expected the Venza to come in priced under the Highlander. I'm certainly not going to pay more for a Venza than for a Volvo XC70, or even close to as much.

If Honda comes out with an Accord wagon with AWD, and prices it correctly at about $1000 or so more than an Accord, you'll see Venza prices drop or the sales will.
  • kcflyerkcflyer Member Posts: 78
    Here Here,

This vehicle is grossly overpriced compared to others in the Toyota product line as well as the competition...Of course, that is just an opinion based on my own research. I have been comparing it to the RAV4, CRV, Forrester and the upcoming 2010 equinox. What I don't understand is why toyota, nissan, and honda do not offer all wheel drive versions of their sedans or (ok, I'm dreaming now) an awd wagon version of the camry, accord or altima. I realize the Venza is basicly a wagon camry but as you state the price differential is not justified.
  • microwaveguymicrowaveguy Member Posts: 6
    I'll give these guys a call ........ the dealers in silicon valley just won't move off of MSRP. Best offer I have gotten is $500 off ........... I was much more motivated a few weeks ago before putting another $1000 into an 88 corolla. I was going to wait for year end but if there willing to make deal , I am still interested.
  • DAGHVACDAGHVAC Member Posts: 18
    go outside of the valley for pricing and the show the valley dealers the pricing
  • stevecarstevecar Member Posts: 148
    The wall street journal reviewer agrees with you. His article in this past saturday's paper is clearly one of the least favorable reviews I have ever read.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    The 75k or 100k miles warranty is that the same as bumper to bumper 36k miles or a reduced items after the 36k miles? Is the warranty from Toyota or 3rd party?

Also how much would be the normal maint. cost for 55k miles ($875), is that good for any dealerships, and for 5k miles oil changes or other interval?