Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Venza Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited March 2010
    Hi carnut12. As you probably already know, Toyota's lease program varies by region. I have not seen its current program for your specific region, but in the vast majority of the country Toyota Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Venza 4-cylinder AWD is .00044 for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

TFS' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for this vehicle is 63%. The problem with this resid is that it is for a base vehicle. Unlike most banks, TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This not only makes it difficult for consumers to calculate payments on specific vehicles on their own, but it makes Toyota vehicles' effective residual values lower than their published percentages.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    edited March 2010
    Hi dylrex. Toyota Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Venza V6 AWD with 12,000 miles per year in its Cincinnati region are .00044 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

The problem with these numbers is the residual value is for a base vehicle. Unlike most banks, TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This not only makes it difficult for consumers to calculate payments on specific vehicles on their own, but it makes Toyota vehicles' effective residual values lower than their published percentages.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2010
    Hi dylrex. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • prowessprowess Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at the 2010 Venza AWD V6 in the Kansas City area with:
    (CQ) convenience, (LS) comfort, (SA) security, (SR) panoramic roof, (EJ) JBL w/XM bluetooth
    MSRP: $36,314
    selling price: 32,600
    cap cost: 33,429
    residual: 19,842
    pymt: $400 mo (not incl sales tax) MF.00044, 36 mo lease, 12k miles
    $650 acq fee, $180 admin fee, $750 destination charge, $514 TDA, $591 dealer holdback, $295 whsl financial reserve. no money down, just first pymt.
    What I'm wanting to know is if any of these fees are necessary or negotiable?
  • beaner0500beaner0500 Member Posts: 5
    I am considering the following options for a lease on a 2010 Venza. I don't have all the info you normally need to calculate so I'm wondering if you can still give me advice using ballparks.

1) 4-cylinder AWD
    MSRP: $28,744
    Base cap cost: $26,500
    $2k down (includes title, tax and all fees)
    $650 acquisition fee
    Monthly payment: $283/month

2) V6 AWD
    MSRP: $34,609
    Base cap cost: $30,584
    $2k down (includes title, tax and all fees)
    $650 acqusition fee
    $358/month

In both scenarios the dealer has agreed to pay for the last two months of my current Subaru Outback lease which is $550 total.

I am torn between making this decision before the end of the month (Wednesday) or waiting until my lease is actually up in two months and dealing with it then.

Any advice on these deals?
  • nydriver25nydriver25 Member Posts: 13
    Offhand the V4 AWD looks like a good deal, on par with what has been offered. I haven't eyed the V6 closely. I think you should keep in mind if you want a toyota, this month toyota is giving good promotional leases and what not. I think it ends April 5th.

Also what packages, just curious, and where in US are you located?
    I'm in the DC area. I think the lease promotion actually ends tomorrow so I'm cutting it close.

The V6 has the comfort and convenience packages as well as JBL surround sound system. This morning I was promised they'd get my monthly payment to $350 (from $358) and I'm only putting $2k down so I think it's a good deal. I'm feeling pressured since it's end of month but I'm scared this deal won't be around in June when my current lease is up.

Also, Subaru wanted to charge me $350/month with $2k down on a car with a slower engine and cloth seats. Toyota is definitely doing a better deal.
    That's a good deal. Not sure if the deal ends today. I am pretty sure it ends on April 5th. What are your sales tax.

And also, they offered to pay off your lease for the subaru? Get that in writing before you do anything!

Toyota is in bad shape with the public perception, so they are doing everything they can to get the vehicles out off the dealers' lots!
    Also, the 2,000 down include the first month's payment? This is a good deal, if you really want a Toyota. Of course I'm not sure if they may offer even better deals in June, since public isn't ready to fully trust Toyota's
    Yes, I'm told the $2k down includes the first month's payment.

Tax in MD is 6%.

I'm not entirely sure how it's going to work with my Subaru payments but I'll definitely make sure it's all as they promised when I get to the table.

Getting excited now!
  • yeekyeek Member Posts: 18
    Here's the deal I was just quoted... is it good? Seems like there's wiggle room...
    2010 Venza
    AWD
    4 cyl
    Blizzard White
    Fitted Floor Mats
    Roof Rails
    12k/36 month lease
    $28,214 MSRP
    $24,615 Invoice
    $27,191 Cap Cost includes all fees except sales tax
    MF- .00044
    OTD- first month's payment only
    $328 per month plus PA sales tax

Appreciate any quick comments or opinions since this deal ends tomorrow! (maybe)
    Just got this offer...

2010 Venza
    FWD
    4 cyl
    No options except fitted floor mats
    $269.50 mo plus PA 9% sales tax
    Only first month's payment due at signing. All costs rolled into monthly payment.

Seems like a great deal to me.
    Seems like a good deal especially with nothing else due at payment. Did you go for it?
    It's by far the best deal I've gotten. We were planning on doing it, but we had a family emergency that kept us from having the time. Haven't even had a moment to discuss it with the wife- and it will be mostly her driving it. If Toyota extends the offer thru April, we'll probably go with it- unless something else happens. It's always something lately.
    An acquaintance of mine is looking into the Venza after he saw mine. He was looking into a V6, AWD, MSRP of 39,500 I believe. They told him $6,000 down and $300 a month. I found this to be somewhat steep. I didn't delve into it, but then he told me that he went to another dealer who told him best they could do was $9,000 down and $350. I believe at the first dealer he is getting more money towards the lease than the $6,000 down, since he is a loyal toyota customer.

Besides the fact that I think this is way too much money to invest in a lease, do these numbers make sense?
    Doesn't seem like a good deal to me at all. If he has $6-9k to put down then he should just buy the car and pay a bit more per month. I think that's way too much money to invest on a lease. Plus, if he can find one with fewer bells and whistles in the $34k range he should be able to get that lower payment without all the money down. What money factor are they working with? It was .00044 in March.
    edited April 2010
    He doesn't qualify for the .00044 money factor. He is working with a .0016 - .0018 I think. Not too sure, I haven't really asked him. They are also giving him 15K miles.
    And I think the residual being given was 52%

I agree with you, that is steep to put into a lease.
  • tsx200tsx200 Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2010
    Hi All, the quote I just got:
    2010 Venza V6 with Convince,JBL, security pkg, Panoramic Glass Roof,Floor Mats & Cargo Mat
    Blizzard White
    12k/36 month lease
    $32,899 MSRP
    $30,000 selling price
    MF- .00044
    OTD- $1950
    $392 per month included 9.25 sales tax
    I live in SF bayarea
    Is this a good deal? Please give me some advise!
    Thank you!
  • jloflouisianajloflouisiana Member Posts: 1
    Deal says 2010 Venza. 36mth/$339 mth.
    I owe $3,000 less than what they are giving me for my '07 Tundra.
    Price for Venza is $28k.

$339 down + tax, etc.

What ball park should I be looking at per month? They shot back with $497 the first time, then amazingly $377-397 when I said "NO." I left and the floor manager called and asked for me to go back so he could work something better for me.
  • thedrakethedrake Member Posts: 14
    On average, how much has a April venza lease risen compared to a March price?
  • xajhxajh Member Posts: 2
    Looking to lease this month May 2010. 12k 36 month on v6 AWD model. Base or option depends on residual. Has the .00044 / 63% figure changed in May? Region is northeast Connecticut. Besides of the money factor and residual, I like to know how much can I expect to pay below MSRP including all fees, Is there nay incentive?
    Thank you for input.
  • xajhxajh Member Posts: 2
    update: just heard back from a dealer the May rate increased just slightly to .00050.
    Can someone confirm?
  • xtenixxtenix Member Posts: 3
    One dealership quoted 0.0016 in VA. Another quoted 0.0005 in NY. Different region I supposed?

I want to lease a 2010 white AWD I4 with basic option. MSRP is $28500. What's a good selling price for that car after tax and fees? It seems like the color white is hard to find.
  • arrceearrcee Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease a 2010 Venza and would like to know the current money factor and residual.

Here are my specs.

Zip : 40213
    Sales Tax : 6%
    Term : 36 months
    Miles : 15,000 miles per year
    Cap Cost Reduction : $0
    Factory Installed Accessories : FE LX NV SR TO
    Port Installed Accessories : CF

Base Model : $28,100
    Total Accessories : $8,464
    Destination Charge : $750
    Total : $37,314
    Dealer Quote : $33,291

The dealer is quoting a monthly payment of $470 with a money factor of .0005 and a residual of $18,023. By my calculations that would be a 48% residual which seems very low.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • azfan00azfan00 Member Posts: 8
    I would like to know the current money factor and residual percentage for a 2WD 4 cyl Venza for 36 months at 12k miles per year. Thanks in advance car_man!
    Car_man,

Am I correct that the 0.0005 money factor on the venza is in place until 8/2/10 and that it applies in all regions (including Southern Calif)? What is the residual percentage on base 4cyl at 3 years w/ 36k miles?

Thanks
  • reji007reji007 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man,

I'm interested in a 2010 Venza as follows:
    3.5L V6 Automatic AWD
    (CQ) Convenience Package
    (LS) Comfort Package
    (NV) Navigation Package
    (SA) Security Package
    (SR) Panoramic Glass
    (TO) Tow Prep Package
    Color - Blizzard Pearl
    Interior – Light Gray leather
    MSRP - $37,900

Can you tell me the residual and money factor (which I believe is .00050) for this month?

Much thanks!
    edited June 2010
    Here's the deal I got on a new 2010 Venza 4 cyl 2WD base in San Diego.

MSRP: $27,294
    Residual: $15,502
    Sales Price: $23,623 (invoice $24,701)
    GAP: $695
    Acquisition Fee: $650
    Cap Cost Reduction ($95.91)
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $24,872.09
    Tax in CA is $8.75%

Monthly payment = $305.01 (pre-tax $280.47)

(w/o gap, tax and my $95.91 downpayment, payment would be $263.53)

Out the door was $825 and includes first month, registration and doc fee ($45), CA tire fee and tax.
  • asudvlasudvl Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2010
    Car_Man,

Could you let me know what the current money factor and residual rate is for a 2WD, 4 cylinder Venza? I am looking at a 36 month 12,000 or 15,000 mile lease.

I have also seen a $500.00 incentive for this vehicle in AZ. Please confirm if this is in place.

Thank you for you assistance.
  • smookdog1smookdog1 Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a good deal. What dealership do you go to in San Diego? I am looking to lease a 2010 Venza 6 cyl 2WD with convenience package, security package, and tow package. MSRP is $30,500. I am in Nevada and the sales tax is 8.1% According to my calculations, I should be able to get something like out the door with less than $1,000 and lease payments under $350. Do you have any feedback for me. Thanks.
    Hi asudvl. According to the latest information that I have seen, Toyota Financial Services buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Venza 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00050 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease of this vehicle with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The problem with TFS' published residual value percentages is that they are for base vehicles. It places restrictions upon what options can be residualzed. This makes its real world residuals lower than its published percentages appear. It also makes it difficult for individual consumers to calculate payments for specific units on their own.

Car_man
    Host
  • dechodecho Member Posts: 20
    Hi all,
    have offer for a 2010 Base Venza 4cyl AWD 3yr/36k Lease
    Mo Payment 317.00
    Upfront Tax, Acq fee 695.00 first pymt=1900
    Good deal?
    I can also shop in Mass for this car.
    Whats a base 6cyl AWD going for 3yr/36k
    Thanks All!
  • mkeonmkeon Member Posts: 1
    Drove one today and fell in love with it. Here are the numbers my guy came up with.

Please look and advise - I greatly appreciate any and all input!

MSRP - $30664
    Sale Price - $27664
    36 month residual (12,000 miles) - $16708
    Money Factor - .00145 (Tier 1+)
    Acq Fee - $650
    Transfer Plates and Title - $89.00
    Taxes - $784.26
    Doc Fee - $119

Cash due at signing - $2007.97

Monthly payment - $367.71

Retail Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................: $ 27725.00
    50 State Emissions .........................
    Convenience Package - ...................... 860.00
    Includes Smart Key System with Push Button .
    Start, Power Rear Door with Jam Protection .
    and Chrome-Accented Door Handles ...........
    Panoramic Glass Roof ....................... 1050.00
    with Front Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof .......
    Floor Mats & Cargo Mat ..................... 269.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 2179.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 760.00

---------
    Total .......................................: $ 30664.00
  • km38iakm38ia Member Posts: 16
    I want to get a 2010 v6 w/ a sticker of 31249. think it had a panoramic and jbl package.
    with a 1000 driveoff, what type of payment am i looking at?

what lease deals have other people gotten?

Thanks
  • mads86mads86 Member Posts: 1
    I have been quoted the following for a 2010 Venza 4FWD with Premium Pkg#2, carpet mats, Rear bumper protection, Toyoguard Plus Protection Group - XY70 and Window Tint - YWAS20
    MSRP – $32,931
    Sale Price – $29,231
    Money Factor - 0.00185
    Residual Value - $19,494.81 (59.19%)
    2 Lease Options based on excellent Credit (720+ Beacon Score)
    Option 1 - $3,295 Cash due at signing with $313.56 / mo - 39 month lease
    Option 2 - $795 Cash due at signing with $383.22 / mo – 39 month lease

Is this a good deal? What’s the current money factor for a 2010 Venza? Thanks in advance!
  • jim_jjim_j Member Posts: 7
    Having a heck of time seeing any current numbers for the Venza. figures for lease on toyota.com are whacky (higher than purchase), no specials

above (post 136) deal calcs to about mf = .00255 (if sale price is cap cost, and not sure the region)
  • swimmergalswimmergal Member Posts: 2
    We are at an impasse and appreciate your suggestion. I am a wheelchair dependent woman. In March we leased (36 month)'10 fully loaded Venza for $415 month on the premise that Toyota would modify the vehicle if the need arose. The vehicle does not meet my needs and in fact, I cannot drive the vehicle without modifications. Toyota is unwilling to make any modifications to this vehicle b/c it is leased, making the vehicle of no use with virtually no miles. Recommendations??
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Car_man,
    Can you post the MF and residuals for a 2011 Venza AWD V6 with comfort package ? I understand that toyota does not fully residualize many options so you may not have the residual. If that is the case can you post the residual for the above model without options, and I will try to guesstimate the residual value...
  • kp3406kp3406 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Car_man,

Is there still any leasing of 2010 models (truecar shows they are still selling them in my area). If so, what are the MF and residuals like on a base model for 36month 10k/12k?

If not, what about the MF and residuals on the base model for 2011?

Thanks a lot!
  • bhlabhla Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Could you please post the MF and Residual for a 2011 Venza V6 FWD? I understand they apply residuals to options differently, but am looking for the base car numbers.

Thank you.
  • dannyhashovavdannyhashovav Member Posts: 24
    Hello

can anyone please shed some light on Money Factor and Residual for 2010/11, 4/6 cyl AWD, Tier 1 credit 12K/36mo lease?

thanks much.
    Daniel
  • dbagdadidbagdadi Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_man,

What are June's rates for the base V6 FWD for 36 months, 12k please?
  • carinquiry2011carinquiry2011 Member Posts: 2
    I am just starting my research on leasing a 2011 Venza AWD for 36/ with 12k or 15k mpy. MSRP $33,765. I'm not sure if I'm a Tier 1 or Tier 2, (I hover around 700). No money down & including my sales tax (6.25%). (I would pay the doc fee, registration fees & 1st payment up front). I’m in New England. I was wonder if anyone had information or even a slight idea of what the monthly payment would be?

Thanks in advance!
  • harvy17harvy17 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Howdy carinquiry2011: I just leased a similarly priced Venza here in Minnesota. I did 36 months at 15k miles a year with a residual value of about 53% and a money factor of .001100 or 2.64%. I got tier 1 (which you would probably fall into) and tier 1+ is only slightly better at .00100 or 2.4%. I got the vehicle at invoice and also got the $750 lease cash from Toyota Financial. If you pay registration and first months payment up front, your monthly payment would be about $436 + tax $27 = $463 for 35 payments. I had a trade, so I didn't pay taxes. **Please note that this is just an estimate based off what I paid** Good luck!!
  • deberificdeberific Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at leasing a Venza. Last month I was told that the residual value was 58% by one dealer in New York, now yesterday I was told by a different dealer that it is 52.4%. I didn't think residual values changed from month to month. This made a big difference in my negotiations. Although for those that are interested, after sitting for 2 hours with this salesman who originally quoted me $379 a month with paying only taxes and dmv fees on a 6cly FWD I finally was able to get a quote of $325 and they also came up $1400 on my trade in after I told them I was going to go home and purchase the 24hr Galves report to see what it was worth.
    Please let me know how often residual values change.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Toyota does not always residualize the entire MSRP..

So, even though it might have a 58% residual, that might just be on the base vehicle.. Toyota dealers can't even figure it out... Each unit has it's own residual...

Calculating a Toyota lease is a PIA.. and, almost impossible to do, without getting the exact residual from the dealer, for the unit you are interested in..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tfalcon73tfalcon73 Member Posts: 1
    What are the current lease residual value and money factor on a 2012 Venza LE V6 2WD 12K per year 36 month?
  • davivi23davivi23 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,

Could you provide the current lease residual value and money factor on a 2012 Venza XLE V6 2WD w/ premium package 12K per year 36 month?

As always thanks for your help!
  • jfn1000jfn1000 Member Posts: 40
    Just hlped my mother lease a 2013 Venza LE AWD with New England Package (think that includes all season mats & roof rails/crossbars). MSRP $30,559. Lease rate is $219 + ma sales tax (6.25%) for total of $233 per month. 3 years 12k miles per year. Up front fees included $650 acq fee, 349 dealer "doc" fee, $125 MA RMV plates etc, and 1st month payment. Located in eastern Mass.
  • tuxmasktuxmask Member Posts: 21
    For a $30K MSRP car, this is an excellent deal. Can you tell me what's the negotiated prices, Money Factor, Residual Value? And any other info that you can provide. TIA.
This discussion has been closed.