Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Venza Lease Questions

Comments

• djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    Reasonable? You could get a Ford Edge Limited AWD MSRP $38,000 for $315 a month with that kind of cash down. Toyota once again has terrible lease rates. Ford has 0.25% on the Edge. Divide that by 2400 to figure the money factor. Probably figures out to about $5 to $10 a month on rent charge vs Toyota's $90 to $100 plus.

But I know, some people are anti-American no matter what the cost benefit is.
  • rovidanarovidana Member Posts: 7
    I didn't realize that Ford offers leases. For some reason I thought their cars are not being leased. Or maybe I confused them with GM. Thanks.
  • drl_2drl_2 Member Posts: 5
    Anti-American, huh? The Edge is manufactured in Canada. The VENZA is manufactured in Kentucky.
  • butchfootebutchfoote Member Posts: 4
    If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch you can get an app for $2.99 (yep 3 dolars) that will do all of this math for you and more. It does reverse leases that will figure money factors, etc.

I used it recently to do the car loan math on a new Toyota Yaris and it was accurate to the penny with the dealer.

Even if you don't have the iphone, you can buy an iPod touch at an Apple Store or online for $199. I think most of us would save that on the next car deal we do.
  • toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    Yes. I purchased this app for my touch and it is accurate. But, the toyota web site gives you the same numbers.
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    What does where the car is manufactured have to do with anything? Are you saying that it is okay for a Japanese car maker to manufacture their cars somewhere else but it isn't okay for an American car company to manufacture their cars in Canada? Brainwashed much?

By the way, I had originally meant some people are just plain against buying American cars. I didn't mean anti-American cars as in "against America." Anyway, staying on YOUR point, every time someone buys an American car, regardless of where it is manufactured, they are giving their money to an American company. I wouldn't expect someone brainwashed AGAINST buying an American brand to be able to figure out the all the many benefits of that so I won't get into it but needless to say it's a good thing.
  • toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    My dealer here in California just told me Toyota just announced a money factor of .0020 for a Venza lease. This with the high Residual makes this deal quite compelling. This offer expires 11/30/09. May be time to trade the CRV!
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Just wondering what the CURRENT Money Factor & Residuals were for the Venza in V6 & 4cyl FWD models for 36mo/12,000 miles a year.
    Anyone out there working on a LEASE deal?
    Any numbers to share?
    Need HELP!
    Thanks in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi lasvegasrph. Toyota's lease program varies by region. You never mentioned what state you are in, so it is difficult for me to give you an idea of what this vehicle's current program is like. Let me know what state you are in and I'll see if I can find out what Toyota's lease program is for this model in your area for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Oooops. Sorry. Las Vegas, Nevada.
    Mainly focusing on the FWD (2wd) models. 4cyl & 6cyl. 10k/12k miles a year.
  • epiechepiech Member Posts: 8
    Hello, Car_Man, I’m also interested the MF and residual for the AWD Venza 4-cyl & V6 for 12K and 36 months?

I believe this is for the Denver Region (I’m in Utah).
  • joe222joe222 Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man - I am in So Cal & am interested in a 48mon / 12k & 15k lease on the above. Do you have the January MF / residuals yet? I went into a local dealer yesterday & they were quoting me a MF of .00265 & 46% (on 12k miles)...this correct? If so, Toyota is definitely trying to steer customers away from leasing this vehicle...doesn't make sense at those rates! Any insight would be greatly appreciated!! Happy new year!
  • kptownkptown Member Posts: 2
    Car man,
    do you know the current residual, money factor etc for a 2009 venza v6 awd for 3 years 12000 miles per year. There appear to be current toyota specials on these cars. I live in pennsyvlania.
    thanks.
  • berky33berky33 Member Posts: 1
    car_man, (or anyone) do you know the current residual and MF for the new york metro area?
    12 k or 15 k 3 year lease
    thanks!
  • waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Hey car_man,

I am also looking at a 2010 Venza V-6; either FWD or AWD. Can you let me know the lease numbers for each, including the money factor and residual for 18K miles/year for 36/39 months? And are these for Jan, or a different timeframe?

For some reason, the Toyota dealer I am talking with seems reticent to give me these numbers, like just about every other dealer does...

Thanks,

Walt in AZ
  • osbar81osbar81 Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2010
    This is my first post on this website. I always lease my cars and I never bought one and I always get good deals. (I am currently leasing a 2009 corolla LE paying $100/ month plus tax for 36 months after $ 3,000 Down).

Now, Let me tell you how much I was quoted on a 2010 Toyota Venza (2.7L) 2WD with Premium Package #1 and Panoramic Glass roof ..
    M.S.R.P: $ 31,975.00
    Residual Value: 65% ($ 16,702.00)
    Lease term: 36 months
    Miles/year: 15,000
    Down payment: $ 3,000.00
    Rebate: $ 1,000.00 (Owner Loyalty Bonus Cash)
    Out of Pocket: $ 2,000.00 (includes title, registration, fees, taxes & 1st month payment)
    Monthly payment: $ 300 (+ Tax) per month for the next 35 months

:lemon: The manager refused to give me the money factor. !! but I did alot of math and I think it is between 0.0015 and 0.002

Oh, I live in the Southeast
  • roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    I'd say that's a great deal. I went to my local SET dealer the day before the recalls. 1/26/10

I was quoted a residual of 56% for 39m/12k. The money factor was .00199 for a tier 1 lease. There was no $1000 loyalty either. After all the add ons the monthly payment came out to be $375 with 2000 down. I walked.

It's hard to believe you got 65% residual.

I read today there will be more price incentives coming.
  • tytektytek Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    He did not get a 65% residual, as $15.7k from $31k is not 65%, but more like 53%...

Hi Car_Man,

What is the real residual on a 2010 Venza V6 AWD? What MF is being used?

I just got a little over $5,500 off of MSRP on a $38k 2010 Venza in stock on the first try. Is there more left to go?

Seems like Toyota should be/might be working hard on trying to sell their 'runaway' cars ;-) Good time to get a nice deal.
    What MF is being used?

The MF used is based on your credit score at SETF. Last month I was told a tier 1 MF(best credit) was 4.8% and a tier 2 was 6.6%. This was only after I started to ask questions when the first quote they gave me used a MF of 7.3%. Also. It is tough to pin down Toyota on the adjusted cap cost. This is where they play games with you. Of course this was last month before the recalls so I'm sure things have changed. Good Luck, I'm sitting this mess out for now.
    Ok people, I have just leased (2/20/2010) a Toyota Venza 2010 2.7L 4-Cyl FWD (Black exterior and beige interior):

M.S.R.P: $ 31,429.00 (Convenience Package, Leather Package, Security Package, Panoramic Glass Roof and Premium Carpet mat set)
    Selling Price: $ 28,766.62
    Gross Cap Cost: $ 30,416.00 (selling price + Taxes + Acquistion fee)
    Cap Cost Reduction: - $ 5,065
    Adj Cap Cost: $ 25,351.88
    Residual Value: 45.95 % ($ 17,266.00)
    Miles/year: 12,000
    Lease Factor: 0.00186 (For Excellent Credit)
    Down payment: $ 5,000.00
    Total Out of Pocket: $ 4,000.00 (includes 1st mo payment, title, reg, fees ... etc)
    Monthly payment: $ 303.45 (+ Tax) per month for the next 35 months

I think it is a fair deal .. Although, they told me that they lost money on the car !!! I dont beleive it
    Thanks for the info. I can't help but notice your residual went from 65%(1st post) to 46%. Did they explain that to you? Has the value dropped that much since the recall issues?

$5000 is a lot to put down for a lease. So what is the tax on your payment or in other words what is your final monthly payment?
    Ok .. I am sorry .. The residual Value is 54.95% .. Yes, I agree, $ 5,000 is alot o put down for a lease but I put $ 4,000 (there is $ 1,000 rebate). The tax in my parish is 9%. So the final monthly payment with tax is $ 330 exactly.

I hope I get it right now: Toyota Venza 2010 2.7L 4-Cyl FWD (Black exterior and beige interior):

M.S.R.P: $ 31,429.00 (Convenience Package, Leather Package, Security Package, Panoramic Glass Roof and Premium Carpet mat set)
    Selling Price: $ 28,766.62
    Gross Cap Cost: $ 30,416.00 (selling price + Taxes + Acquistion fee)
    Cap Cost Reduction: - $ 5,065
    Adj Cap Cost: $ 25,351.88
    Residual Value: 54.95 % ($ 17,266.00)
    Miles/year: 12,000
    Lease Factor: 0.00186 (For Excellent Credit)
    Down payment: $ 5,000.00
    Total Out of Pocket: $ 4,000.00 (includes 1st mo payment, title, reg, fees ... etc)
    Monthly payment: $ 303.45 (+ Tax) per month for the next 35 months
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    Toyota is offering 1.9% for 60 months. You could've bought it for $450 a month including sales tax. Kind of a waste to put down $4grand on a lease.
  • mtnbykermtnbyker Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2010
    I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2010 Venza with 4CYL, 4WD & Moon roof. These are the particulars:
    MSRP: $30,364.00
    Selling Price: $28,401.00
    Residual: $17,942.00
    Money Factor: .00044

$2000 down and $300 month inc tax.

Good deal?

Thanks - Paul
    Appears to be a good deal to me. What Toyota region are you in?

I haven't seen a MF that low, but I haven't looked in a month now. In Feb they had a $1000 loyalty rebate, is that still on for March?
    Not sure about rebate. It's the Pacific Northwest region (WA).

Thanks
  • carnut12carnut12 Member Posts: 67
    Carman,

What is the residual and money factor in Pennsylvania for 2010 toyota venza 4cyl awd? 12k miles and 10k miles and 36 months.

thanks
  • artieinbostonartieinboston Member Posts: 2
    I just got back from my local Toyota dealer (Acton MA), and I'm pretty sure we're going to go for this: 2010 Venza, 4cyl, AWD.

MSRP: 30,174
    Net Cap: 27880.32
    Residual: 17592.00
    Money Factor: .00044

No money down, 324.91 per month including tax. Based on other postings here, it sounds like a decent deal. Thoughts?
  • dechodecho Member Posts: 20
    Hey Ntnbyker,
    sounds good I'm looking at just about the same deal here. I see advertised 4 cyl AWD, roof rack, bluetooth...MSRP 29310... for 286.00 per month...PLUS 650.00 acq fee, tax and first payment- Zero down..,,,how'd you get your msrp to 30,174.00...what options?..
    there isn't a comparable car out there for the prices you and I have seen..I'm replacing a murano, which drives better but is more expensive...2K out of pocket, 340.00 per month for a Murano S AWD...
  • artieinbostonartieinboston Member Posts: 2
    4cyl, cloth interior, security package, convenience package, floor mats. I think that's about it.
    The one I'm considering has:
    Moonroof
    security package
    floor mats
    4WD

Seems like we're pretty close to the same deal. I agree there is nothing else out there for similar prices. I was planning to go for an Outback but base Outback with no options is more than this Venza!
    same here, drove everyhting in the price range- all japanese. The outback seemed to be pretty stable on the road, but the interior feels so darn cheap. This will be my first toyota kind of a dull ride..also.. struggling with the masculinity of driving a wagon..
    I'm debating whether to have the sunroof or roofrack- cant have both..
    they really should have 18 inch wheels though..
    edmunds shows 27700 invoice...and TMV 28190...seems like the selling price should be well below edmunds TMV
    Yeah, Subaru was cheap inside. The one I drove already had a rattle plus the gauges had techno lighting that seemed cheap.

I can relate on driving a wagon but it could be worse. I'm tinting the windows with some of the $$ I'm saving though!

Good luck!
  • nydriver25nydriver25 Member Posts: 13
    MSRP: 28,724
    Cap cost: 27, 200
    Residual: 16,641
    MF: 0.00044
    Monthly lease payments: $314

O down, only taxes and fees. 4 cyl, FWD, Convenience package with security. I am pretty sure that was deal, I left numbers at other locale. Will need to confirm later tonight. But just ball park would help...

And side questions, In NYC we pay taxes upfront on leases? So the lease payments aren't supposed to include taxes if they are paid up front? And what portion is taxed, the price of the whole car, or just the total lease payments?
    You are supposed to pay tax on the total lease payments only .. If you decide to buy the car later on (at the mature date), u have to pay the tax on the selling price ..
    By the way, this is a good deal. u can see the deal I got on similar car (with extra options) in my older post. The money factor was 0.00186 as I remember. I am paying $330 per month but I have to put down $ 4000 down payment. But, part of this amount (about $1200) was to pay off my leased Corrolla 2009 becasue I returned it back 15 months earlier !!

Good luck
    Thanks for the reply. Again on the tax question. So if I pay taxes up front, and fees, those don't go into lease payments. So the lease payments cannot be taxed again? Never leased before, always am a used car person. Also I need to know since dealer isn't showing me full numbers, he's pulling one of those let-me-get-car-here-first-then-we finalize deal type things. He's also just focusing on payments.

Again thanks for the response. I'm supposed to go to another dealer today, hoping that the news of the prius recalls will help my negotiations.
  • dylrexdylrex Member Posts: 111
    Hello Car_man.
    Can you please provide me with the money factor and residual for a 3 year lease with 12k miles for a 2010 Venza - V6 FWD and AWD?
    I'm in the Cincinnati area.
    Thank you.
    Ok, I will be more detailed here ..
    If there is no down payment, you are right. Your monthly payment will be $ 314 with no additional tax. If there is a down payment , you have to pay the tax on the down payment + tax for the total 36 months payment as a total "out of pocket" before you take the car.
    You may also pay the title, license and registration fees.
    edited March 2010
    Thank you Osbar81. I appreciate your responses! Then there is something I am missing when calculating lease payments...

Any who. This is what I got for today's deal. Gray on Gray FWD, 4 cylinder, cloth seats, convenience package, and 12 K miles per year for:

MSRP: 28,724
    CAP. Cost: 26,185
    Residual: 16,491
    MF: 0.00044

0 down, taxes and all fees of $1900, and $305 monthly. I am going to go back to original dealer to see if he beats this, if not I am pulling the trigger on this one. This and no haggle really. I had to haggle with first one, went twice, and still no read deals! Want dealer to either give me $285 lease payments or AWD for same price. Opinions anyone?

Side note, according to numbers above, my payments should be $285 since I paid taxes upfront, unless I also pay taxes on the payments as well...am I missing something?

Thank you all!
    Answered my own question, the acquisition fee... this actually does bring it to 305 with estimated fee of $500 according to edmunds' lease calc!
    Just for your info. NY (upstate area) 4 cyl..AWD, roof rack, couple of other silly things dealer installed...brought msrp to 29390..
    out of pocket Tax, 650 acquisition fee,doc fee...all approx 1800.00...monthly payment=290.00...so you should be able to do better..AWD is the way to go..especially after the winter you guys had down there!...
    I will say that there is NO WAY you can get a comporable vehicle for close to this money...
    Anyone concerned abouy safety with the various recalls?
    Think Toyota has figured it out?
    Acquisition fee is almost always paid as a downpayment. It should not be added to your monthly payments !!
    Any way, lets forget about the detailed figures and focus on the eventual cost for this car for 36 months. I think for the car you are looking for, this is a good deal (Downpayment $ 1800 and monthly payments 310 for 36 months). If you can get an AWD (since you live in NY) with similar payments, that would be great.

As a conclusion, for a Venza 2010 4 Cyl with whatever options (AWD and/or any other packages that will bring the MSRP to around $30,000), the best lease deal will be as follows:
    Downpayment: ~ $ 2000
    Monthly payments: ~ $ 300 FOR 36 MONTHS/36,000 MILES

Good Luck
    Osbar
    Ok, I came back from first dealer and got the AWD, convenience pkg for $310, $2200 down, includes dealer fees, first month, dmv. I pulled the trigger on that one. The other dealer was pricing AWD around same, but was goign to take longer to get vehicle. Thank you all for response. Osbar81, thank you, Decho thanks!!!

First time going to dealer, like I said before, I usually bought my cars used from family, so it was quite an experience going to dealers. Hate the haggling, but it must be done!
    edited March 2010
    Hey decho, got the AWD for 310. 290 sounds like great price! I may try NJ. All NYC areas have priced around 310-320 for my package.

Decho, I am concerned about the recalls. But I haven't heard any bad news or any major accidents with Venza vehicles, so figured it is "safe." As for Toyota having it figured out, I don't think they do. They have to do more extensive testing and get off their defensive mind frame. They have quality cars, but obviously the heavy reliance of computer modeling as opposed to building and testing prototypes is coming back to bite them in the rear. They need to run more elaborate tests, and be more open and apologetic. A hard hit now will be recouped down the long run.

Side question, the 1800 includes the first month as well?
    Yes,
    1800.00 was including first payment
    1) Base AWD
    2) roofrack (485.00)- I like the look though
    3) wheel locks!? (81.00)
    4) floor mats with cargo are mat (~269)..
    Now I'm (or should I say she is )deciding on color..
    black (no metallic)
    magnetic grey
    silver
    blizzard pearl (probably not likely as none in stock at dealer)
    edited March 2010
    This great deal. I love all my vehicles black on black, but don't like the contrast with the light gray interior that toyotas are doing now. If it were darker gray, then yeah. I don't even mind black with beige, but not liking it with the ivory. The wife likes the magnetic gray on gray, so guess which one won we are getting, lol. Actually I also like the gray on gray as well, so we finally agreed on something.

He offered me roof rack for a bit extra, which I would have def haggled, but not a big fan of the look to be honest. I wanted panoramic sun roof, but harder to get in the AWD 4 cylinder, and they are usually packaged with other things that I really didn't want to pay for or need.

My down payment includes an acquisition fee of 650, and dmv, taxes and first. I tried to negotiate acquisition fee, but it seems with all the dealers i have been dealing with, this is non-negotiable. I still think I could haggle to at least 305, but at this point I say whatever. Also the dealership is close to my house, so I want to service car where I lease, so they can't hit me up with any excessive wear and tear because I "missed" maintenance or whatever. Their services don't seem pricey at all, but we'll see.
    Yes the 1800 included the first months payment.
    1) Base AWD
    2) roof rack (485.00) but I like the lookl
    3) wheel locks
    4) Floor mats with carg are mat (~265)
    Seems like a good deal. I am getting the convenience pkg which includes the security package along with the carpets and stuff.
    Hello.
    I'm still looking for the March lease numbers for the below. Anyone know what they are? Car_man??

Can you please provide me with the money factor and residual for a 3 year lease with 12k miles for a 2010 Venza - V6 FWD and AWD?
    I'm in the Cincinnati area.
    Thank you.
    Here is the offer I currently have for a 3 year lease with 12k per year on a 2010 Venza V6 AWD.

MSRP: $35369
    Cap Cost: $32997 (includes acq. fee of $650)
    MF: .00044
    Residual: $19592 (55%)
    Payment: $419 (includes 6% tax)
    Due at signing: $754.24 (First months payment, doc fee, license)

What do you think?
This discussion has been closed.