Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki SX4. Would you buy this car?

13»

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,950
    “I don't think it's a big surprise given their lackluster sales performance of recent years. They have have low margin, low-priced cars with small volume. That's far from the ideal combination,” said Jessica Caldwell, an analyst with auto information company Edmunds.com.

The good news:

"Suzuki said it will continue to honor warranties and will provide automobile parts and service through its parts and service dealer network."

American Suzuki to file for bankruptcy, end U.S. auto sales (LA Times)
  • My next car, or so I thought, was going to be a new Suzuki SX4. July 2013, was when I was thinking I could do it. But now screw it. I have been looking at this car for the last 4 years....now Suzuki pulls the plug. I blame them and their, "I don't give a crap attitude."
    If Suzuki wanted to, they could have been a player, a small player, but in the game at least. When Kia first got here, it was junk. Absolute garbage. Better now, but not by a whole lot, they are selling tons of cars. Yes, Hyundai bought them, and they are somewhat rebadged Hyundai's, but Suzuki made, (not rebadged Daewoo's) are good cars. It's almost like they didn't care. No advertising. No dealerships. No partnerships. Nothing. I'm glad they split from VW, but if something worked out, the dealer network at least could have expanded tri-fold......
    It's like they just put their cars here and thought they would sell by themselves. Why would you buy one now? The value won't be as good, and who is going to do warranty repairs on it? They'll cut a deal with someone, although not sure I really trust them now.
  • morin2morin2 Posts: 399
    edited November 2012
    Buying a Suzuki has been a matter of buying the car, rather than the company and its limited dealer network, for quite a while now. I have a 2011 SX-4 AWD crossover 6-speed and love this little car. I have no intention of selling it now that Suzuki USA is ending. It is likely that used suzukis, always a bargain when compared to Honda, Toyota and Subaru, will be even cheaper now. So there may be some bargain opportunities.

If you are the type of person who places a large value on the standard warranty and has service done at the dealer, then a new Suzuki is probably not your best bet. I do my own service and almost never return to a new car dealer for anything except captive parts.

The biggest consideration with orphaned suzukis is insurance costs. Already higher cost than other small cars, the fear of unavailable body parts will probably cause even higher insurance rates.

To read more about such discussions, check out the more active suzuki forum at: http://clubsx4.com/forum/forum.php
  • peggyc2peggyc2 Posts: 1
    I also love my 2008 SX4 sedan that I have owned for 4 1/2 years. Absolutely rates up with the best cars I have owned. My only issue with it is the clock is indented in the dash and hard to see during the day. :)
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663
    edited May 2013
    if it wasn't for the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS that came out about 4 months later I would've bought a Suzuki SX-4 hatchback. I love that hb! I was also really close to buying a Suzuki Kizashi sedan. I really love the Kizashi. I wanted a red 6-speed Kizashi. Really didn't want ta see Suzuki leave the U.S.car sales market. :cry:

Suzuki SX-4

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• dbrunkdbrunk Posts: 1

I have a 2008 SX4 which I purchased new. Now I have 107K miles on it. My total cost of repairs over the life of the car? $10. I needed a new gas cap. This car is a beast in the snow (I live in the mountains) and I average about 29 mpg in combined driving. My goal is to reach 200K miles and I have little reason to believe I won't get there.

13»