Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Best Tires suggestions

bxnybxny Member Posts: 1
I have a 2001 Park Aveune in need of tires. Do you have any suggestions for a quiet ride and good traction in wet weather?
Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    russellburkerussellburke Member Posts: 4
    The Michelin harmony have been on my Buick P/A's for some time. No problems and would buy again.
  • Options
    PAmanPAman Member Posts: 207
    Ditto. Just make sure the tire says "Michelin" on the side, and as long as it is the proper size, mounted and inflated to specs, you'll be very happy.
  • Options
    leonardgleonardg Member Posts: 2
    If you haven't purchased yet, I recommend not going to NTB. They try to replace close to what you have and ended with vibrations no matter how many times adjusted and different stores, finally went to the top and they ordered special tires that were like originals. I should have gone to Conrads - that is where NTB got them from. I also should have asked my S-I-L that is an engineer at Goodyear.
  • Options
    ultramannultramann Member Posts: 1
    Hi !

I have a 2005 Buick Park Ave Ultra that needs 4 good tires that will not cause vibrations at highway speeds.Mine has a terrible sweet spot at 68mph that makes it feel like a jackhammer under the seat of my pants! A local tire shop recommened Cooper CS4 tires. Has anyone ever used them before? He does not use the Hunter wheel balence system. (roadforce?)

I also read that Michelins are recommened by some on the net .

Thanks in advance for some info on my decision,

Thanks, Kevin

Buddykev@yahoo.com
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    If you want smoothness you'll want to buy Michelins at a place that does RoadForce balancing on a Hunter 9700 balancer.

Also get the alignment set right on the specifications front and rear--do not accept "close" or "within tolerances" as good enough.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    cruiser59cruiser59 Member Posts: 3
    Hi there. I just acquired a beautiful 1999 PA with 70,000 miles and running Michelin Agility Touring tires, they have about 30,000 miles on the set. I just drove from California to Florida (3160 miles) with my brother. The car was flawless, the tires were as expected (Michelin owner on other cars) and the average mpg was above anticipated mileage.

My humble experience is that with some solid research, good tires are a must. Road force balancing is a must, proper inflation is a must and the ride will pretty much take care of itself, assuming the remaining drive components are within specs.

Thanks for listening. :)
  • Options
    shipwreck83shipwreck83 Member Posts: 1
    I have them on the front of my 99, they're affordable and I like the feel of them, in fact, I'm going to get them put on the rear later today.
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    @stever best tires for a 2006 Sienna xle, fwd model . My recommendation is Continental True contact

225 / 60 R 17 99h or 99t ................... Thoughts sir

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, my profile wall. :)

I really liked the last two sets of Nokians WRG2s I had (one set on an Outback, the other set on the Quest). Hard to find and a bit pricy though. Got Primacy MXVs on the current van and they've been better than other Michelins I've had. Haven't had Continentals for decades so can't really say. Lots of good choices out there.
  • Options
    stever thanks will check out your recommendations and pass them on.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,196
    If you drive in winter weather, the Nokians are hard to beat. I had a previous version on a Honda CR-V.

But, as an example, my closest retailer is 45 minutes away (and, I live in a metropolitan area). And, they don't come in the size for my wife's vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited April 2016
    @Kyfdx you are correct just checked the reviews on the Nokians. Seem like a very good winter tire but here in the Tri-state area not needed.

Tire Rack seems to like for this climate either a Michelin, Conti , General, Goodyear all season tire.

I"m still all in for recommending the Continentals true contact tires for the Sienna. Tire rack really likes them also. They had a video that put Conti's up against 4 other tires in this class. The Michelin premier a/s tire that Tire rack recommend did not get rave reviews for that price.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I liked the Nokians on my minivan because they did well in the rain. And they weren't noisy in the dry conditions.

Nothing much helped it going uphill in the snow. :)