Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Honda Accord

boxfordboxford Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Honda
My girfriend has repeatedly torn that plastic part in the front that hangs down under the bumper by parking too close to those concrete things in parking lots. Honda says they dont warranty it. Isnt that their problem?

Or, any ideas where I can get the parts?

Comments

• Options
    elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    Honda says they dont warranty it. Isnt that their problem?
    It's not Honda's problem, because driving into bumpers and curbs etc., is considered abuse. You can get the parts from the dealership parts department, but they will cost you. If you want some cheap, you would have to visit a pull your own part salvage yard. Your choice.
    But your girlfriend needs to take better care of the car. ;)
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    My girfriend has repeatedly torn that plastic part in the front that hangs down under the bumper by parking too close to those concrete things in parking lots. Honda says they dont warranty it. Isnt that their problem?

Nope, just like any other wreck damage isn't their problem. Sorry, elroy is right!
  • Options
    boxfordboxford Member Posts: 2
    Thanks...I solved the girlfriend problem. :( I decided I would spend the money to get the replacement parts instead of dating the moron any longer. It's saving me a lot more than parts in the long run.

I'd like to find an on-line OEM parts place. Trouble is, I bet they're all in CA.

.../b
  • Options
    elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    I'd like to find an on-line OEM parts place. Trouble is, I bet they're all in CA.

There are a lot of on-line oem parts places, but you're right, most of them are in CA. Here's one in RI.
    http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
This discussion has been closed.