Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• hottraxhottrax Member Posts: 3
    The dealership where I bought my 2010 Corolla S ($14150 invoice) no longer has any 2010. I just checked their internet inventory. I bought mine more than two weeks ago and at that time they still have a few left. In fact, just last week, they still listed two S with tinted windows for $14588.
    They are listing now a manager's special for 2010 LE at $13,488.
    http://www.miltonruben.com/Toyota%20Specials.html

They are listing two 2011 Corolla LE model for $14988.
    http://www.miltonruben.com/toyinv.htm

Their internet sale manager is easy to deal with. If you come into the showroom bring a printout from Truecar.com or some equivalent site.

I was just happy to get the car at a very decent price. It was a good experience. If you live within 200 miles it might worth a drive.
  • shouravvshouravv Member Posts: 11
    It seems the 2010 Corolla inventory ran out in some places more rapidly than others. In Columbus, OH area, Tansky has 71, Germain has 24, Toyota West have 18 and Toyota direct has 15: that is 128 even without counting the independent dealers! I guess anyone looking for 2010 models still should look into nearby city inventories, or may be even the state next door, since 2010 models have much bigger incentives than 2011 models and comes with 0% APR (2011 are 1.9% at best).
  • cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    I second that opinion. Milton Ruben's Internet sales manager (Wayne Bumpus) is indeed a very nice guy. I bought a Camry from him last year and did everything over the phone, no hassles and paid only $50 more than the offer I made. There were no surprises or long pointless haggling, I was in and out of the dealership in 45 mins with my car. Now looking for a Corolla and I am still looking at them over any of my local "st(d)-ealers".
  • juan114juan114 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I am also from columbus. Can you share the name of the sales man who sold the car to you. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• juan114juan114 Member Posts: 3
    Is it auto or manual? Thanks.
  • kennerdriverkennerdriver Member Posts: 12
    From the original post by Souravv "It's the auto-trans basic trim"... automatic transmission!!! :)
  • drivmywifecrzydrivmywifecrzy Member Posts: 61
    Just bought a new 2011 Corrolla LE. MSRP was $18,384. I got car for $15,078.50 plus dealer fee of $396.50. Makes total $15,475. I feel it was good deal. Anyone agree?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    $15,475 is a heckuva deal! I've seen a few local dealers advertising them for that exact price also- any chance you're in the Atlanta area? At least one of them is offering the 2011 Camry (base/standard) for $17,275 including the "dealer fee"- another killer deal!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    Yes Im in ATL, and I believe the deals may go away today due to the part issue from Japan. The Dealer was Cherokee County Toyota and they were super friendly. Second vehicle I have bought from them.
  • chevynovalnchevynovaln Member Posts: 10
    Hey guys,

I know alot of you are all rushing out in a buying frenzie to get a 2010 while the incentives are still out there... but i'm in need of replacing a totalled (Hail, can ya believe it!!) 2009 Corolla S w/Moonroof. I found a few and they are listed as $20,150 including carpet mats... and I was wondering what sort of price i should/could be shooting for. I'm expecting a quote back from a dealer that returned my call quicker than others and would like to get an idea before I try and discuss anything. Whether it matters or not... i'm not worried about financing as if i can get something for less than $20k... we'll be paying cash.

What are your thoughts? Also... we could also get a 2011 Corolla LE w/Premium Package for $20,400 MSRP..... and i guess i'd have the same question... they seem to be worth about the same. Does that mean the OTD price (we pay taxes at the courthouse... so OTD for me is literally just dealer doc fees and any extra crap we decide to get at the dealer, plus the negotiated price of the vehicle).

Let me know what you think,

Thanks in Advance,
    Brian / ChevyNovaLN
  • mthomasdbmthomasdb Member Posts: 15
    Which dealer in MA did you buy from. I just got an over the phone first quote from Boch Toyota on a 2010 LE for 14,700. Dounds about $700 too high. What do you think?
    I just closed a deal today for my sister-in-law on a new 2010 leftover Corolla LE with floor and cargo mats, keyless entry, cruise control, heated outside mirrors, etc. as well as all standard LE equipment. Her daughter qualified for the $1000 college graduate rebate. She ended up paying $13, 600.00 (no joke). There was no trade in. Doc fees and taxes were extra as taxes are paid separately in RI direct to the registry of motor vehicles and not to the dealer.
  • dodgerdealdodgerdeal Member Posts: 21
    Is it going to cost more to buy a 2010 now than last month since the 1500 rebate was not renewed? Would I be better off waiting til May to see if they bring it back. I did see Edmunds (maybe another site) showing a dealer incentive of 1000. I only saw that on one site. I want to get a 2010 S for about 15K.
    There is still a $1000.00 rebate. The problem is that the supply is dwindling rapidly. This dealer only had a few left in silver and one in tan (this was as of Friday15th). With everything happening in Japan (yes, this one was built there!) the supply might dry up faster than you think.
  • dodgerdealdodgerdeal Member Posts: 21
    where did you see the $1000 rebate? I'm getting quotes for an S for $16999 in the Dallas/FW area
  • raymondleiraymondlei Member Posts: 1
    what was this price, 15,078 covering?
    That was for the car, 2011 LE model plus mats. All I had to add was 396.50 dealer fee. GA tax, tag, title.
  • logan04xlogan04x Member Posts: 4
    Any body bought a new Corolla off late and want to share their experience?

I heard that the supply is short for Japanese vehicles (Japan situation) and with summer being a peak season for car dealers this is a bad time to negotiate or get a new car. Any thoughts?
    Even though the Corolla is manufactured in Ontario, the 2011 model isn't being discounted significantly at present. The same goes for the Civic (2011 and 2012), Hyundai Elantra and Chevy Cruze.

The 2011 Mazda3 i Touring 4-door, Kia Forte EX 4-door and Nissan Sentra 2.0S are still available (as of this posting) at the best discounts among compact models. They are selling for 10-12% off MSRP according to TrueCar.com. The 2012 Mazda3 is due in a few months and will feature a mild 'refresh' and new engine and transmission options, so the 2011 should continue to be discounted in the coming months- a very good deal, IMO!
  • jamaicanredjamaicanred Member Posts: 3
    I purchased my new 2010 "S" the last day of January 2011. I wanted an LE with a sunroof but realized for about $600 more I could get the S w/ EVP # 3 which had all the LE features plus alloy wheels, spoiler, leather wrapped shifter & steering wheel, sport bucket seats with sport fabric, and fog lights. The car listed for something crazy like almost 21k. I got it for $17039 after rebate of 1k. After title, tags, and taxes it was $18454 OTD; w/ 2-year maintenance free (basically your first 5 oil changes and tire rotations free) and a full tank of gas! The VIN production # was 511XXX and it was made in October of 2010. I was very particular not to get a Corolla made in the USA, and one that was late in the production cycle to avoid all the recall problems. FYI all 2010 Corollas with a sunroof are made in Canada.
  • jcenerjcener Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, I have been negotiating a lease with a Toyota in Central NJ. Here are the terms:

$700 Drive Off including first month, taxes, tags, etc
    $253/month = 36 months
    12K miles/month

Is this a good deal? Should I take it? I have until 9pm EST today! Please help, thanks!
  • hithere01hithere01 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I just got a corolla LE with only the standard options for $16500 OTD after college rebate (all taxes and registration included). I really wanted to buy a reliable car that would last me the next 6 years and throughout medical school and this one fit the bill. I know this is below invoice but was wondering if anyone could tell me if it was a good price. Do these usually sell for for cheaper in the LA area? I was looking into civics but the sales people would not budge AT ALL with the prices.
    I checked here on Edmunds and on TrueCar.com, which are the two sites I trust for the best pricing info. I used my cousin’s Zip Code (Woodland Hills) because it’s the only LA zip code I know by memory.

Anyway, TrueCar showed the best deal and it was $16,778 including the $500 Customer Cash incentive. If you factor in the $1000 College Grad deal, it’s $15,778. Add tax, tag/registration and title fees to that and $16,500 sounds like a great deal to me! If the car has any options, it’s that much more of a deal! =)

They really made the 2011 model look a lot nicer than the 2010. I think you made a good purchase. The Corolla isn’t very exciting or fun to drive, but it’s a very reliable A-to-B appliance that will last well past 6 years with just oil changes and not much else.
    Yeah this looks like a decent deal to me.

I have a friend who just graduated. Is it possible for me to get that rebate on his behalf? What if I show him as my brother or something. Just trying to know if it's possible..$1000 saving is big amount for me. Thanks.
    BTW, I'm also looking at a Scion XB. There are no rebates on it and the car seems to cost 17500 but it has ton of space, which I think will be useful for me moving forward. And it has Camry's engine so should be pretty robust. Any opinions on that choice?
  • windgracewindgrace Member Posts: 84
    That is a very good price for the Corolla LE! I'm not sure about areas and such, but yesterday I called about 3 different dealerships for a 2011 Corolla LE Automatic and the absolute lowest price I was quoted at was $17720 (after a $500 rebate).

2 years ago my mom and sister researched cars and got a great deal on an 06 Civic. Unfortunately, the first year at the dorms my sister did not get a parking spot covered by the school, so she did not bring the car with her and I've been driving it an maintaining it. But next year (in less than 2 months) she'll be in her own apartment and will be needing the car, so I have been looking for several months myself. I tested a Yaris, Elantra, Accent, Mazda 6 and a Corolla. I felt the Corolla was the best ride for comfort and safety. For your price of $16.5k the Toyota dealership showed me a basic automatic Toyota Corolla (not an LE). I ended up spending $14.9k for a 2010 Corolla LE with even more options and just 9k on the odometer. Prices in my area are much higher than most unfortunately, but that's because people tend to hold onto their cars longer around these parts. Edmunds values the car at $16.6k in my area, so that's very impressive because Edmunds generally is quite a bit under Blue Book (which is what most dealerships around here go by). The car has everything I want. Stability/traction control, cruise control, keyless entry, automatic, power windows and locks...I might have to change the steel wheels to alloys at some point myself though because those plastic hubcaps are terrible! The car comes with the original factory bumper-to-bumper powertrain warranty as well, which sealed the deal for me because I also looked at a 2010 Corolla with 44k miles from Hertz that they wanted $13.2k for. $1.5k bought me a car with 35k less miles and several years/miles left on the warranty was definitely worth it!
  • stirwheelstirwheel Member Posts: 4
    This car has minor hail damage at about 3 or 4 places (the ones, i could find) and has about 20 miles on it. It has been in the lot for about 70 days.

Do qualify for the 1.9 % APR. At one end, the price seems to be attractive and the other end buying a new car with damage seems a no-no even though the dings are very small.

The fact about the hail damage was disclosed very late in the buying process. The dealer wanted me to sign a waiver sheet. That is when I knew. Agree, very shady and unethical.

Should I go for it ? Should I ask for a reduction in prize ? Your views on this are appreciated.
  • ovyboxovybox Member Posts: 21
    I wouldn't buy from someone who has been dishonest about the condition of the car...
  • newbie41newbie41 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am being offered 18866 for a 2011 corolla S with moonroof, upgraded audio including blue logic, ipod input ( it is a package), floor mats. This before dealer fee of $399 and tax. 0% financing . Is this good?
    TrueCar price is 19393 for the automatic transmission, moon roof and blu logic package. The pricing could be different based on your zipcode.
  • newbie41newbie41 Member Posts: 2
    Is that before tax, fees?
    edited June 2011
    Price of the car, plus destination fees and regional ad fees.
  • terceltomterceltom Member Posts: 1,024
    You're right! You'll never convince me THAT I HAVE an EPS steering issue. I already acknowledged that others might though.
  • johndoe12johndoe12 Member Posts: 2
    LE + mats.
    Sale $16098
    Rebates - $1500 (incl college)
    Doc fee $389 VA fee
    Rest tax/tag/ title
  • nrajeevnrajeev Member Posts: 10
    Where in Virginia? Can I have the dealer name?
  • johndoe12johndoe12 Member Posts: 2
    koons toyota
    I had a trade-in that might have made a 200$ difference
    Ask for B J
  • shahs1shahs1 Member Posts: 1
    MSRP $20670
    Sale price $17750 incl. freight + Tax + TT + $99 processing
    Rebate $500 included in sale price
  • nrajeevnrajeev Member Posts: 10
    2011 Corolla LE auto, Blue color for $17400 on-road price including all rebates, 3% tax. Is it a good deal?
    When are we expecting the 2012 Corolla?
    Any upcoming Toyota incentives for Corolla?
  • carbuyer_samcarbuyer_sam Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    How do you get that low

Here in MA the absolute lowest I am able to get to is (including all discounts ) from Boch toyota is

Corolla LE Auto

Price :16665
    Doc Fee : 299
    Tax (@6.25%) :1042
    Reg/Plates : 125
    OTD Price : 18155

Is anyone else from MA able to get a better price than this, if so can you please let me know the dealership,

I am offering the dealers 16000 (including doc fee) + TTL but this is the closest i am able to get to.
  • carpedrewumcarpedrewum Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2011
    My uncle needed a new toyota, crazy guy first wanted the boat look alike Cressida second hand thinking that that was the cheapest he would, and remembering how cool the car was in his youth. I eventually managed to convince him otherwise and save him (and myself) some embarassment by showing him an online site listing . Managed to find a very nice 2007 Corolla with low mileage. Safe to say he is a happy man now.
  • jesmc1jesmc1 Member Posts: 5
    I have started the shopping process and have a question: when is the cash incentive supposed to be deducted? One sales guy told me it gets deducted after everything is added: price + tax + dmv costs, then - $500 cash back.

Is this right?

Thanks,
    Jes
  • kentuckywoman3kentuckywoman3 Member Posts: 1
    Virginia has very high sales tax.
  • joeyyjoeyy Member Posts: 1
    Did you end up buying one yet?? You missed out, they were selling for 13,900 earlier this year (before the earthquake). I'd say at this point 16,660 is more than fair considering that is pretty much invoice minus holdback...
  • richd748richd748 Member Posts: 1
    Went to dealership to look at 2011 corolla s automatic. On way out the sales person tells my wife the sr sales manager would sell it for 16,000 if we bought that day (msrp 19, 450, invoice 17,xxx). We call back to discuss and sr sales manager says " oh, that was just what if I could sale it for that price" would we buy. Lowest he would go was 18,000. We call his boss to tell them that what he did was very deceptive, now finance manager is very responsive to us because of this and is offering us a 2011 corolla s for 16,900 plus TT&T. This appears to be below invoice and near dealer hold back fee.
  • niharnihar Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have purchased a used Toyota from a dealer and went on loan, today I received the documents and I am surprised to see a Toyota Charge for 7 years and 100K warranty of $1690.

Here are the details

Make - 2010
    Sales Tax 985
    Other Charges - 200
    Toyota Charge for 7 years and 100K warranty - 1690

Is the 1690 charge is correct or they duped me ?

Please suggest.

Regards,
    Nihar
  • shar1mashar1ma Member Posts: 1
    Corolla LE with mats - 16990 OTD inc. title and registration for 4 yrs
    Portland, OR so I didnt pay any sales tax...
    I could have gotten 750$ lower i.e., 16250 had I opted out of the Toyota finance option....and financed through a credit union/paid cash
    I got a 0% for my a lil over avg credit score which is why I went for it.... I did 1k down....
    I think I did ok....regardless, it's a nice car to drive for a commuter car....and I know i'll get a decent money amount back even if I were to sell it after a few yrs

I read a lot of your posts and would like to thanks Edmunds and all of you for this forum....All you prospective buyers should share your experiences and prices as well :)
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    How much more was this model? I think the new Corolla will look like a littler 2012 Camry...a nice looking ride. Hoping the new Corolla will debut as a 2013 model.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• jamesvajamesva Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday, I bought Toyota Corolla 2011 new Auto, with ex package (xm radio, usb port and bluetooth). The MRSP =19130. I got it for 16600 OTD with 0% for 36 months. I`m from VA and I bought from MD.
  • zingzangzingzang Member Posts: 1
    Is it the Toyota Corolla 2011 base or LX? Can you give the dealer name?