Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    stdcirrusstdcirrus Member Posts: 3
    We just got a 2009 Corolla LE with remote keyless entry, mats, & cruise control for $17,960.00 out the door final price - including 6% tax, tags & all fees. Car purchased from Florida Gulf Coast dealer. I hope the steering is not as much of an issue as i have read about. How's this for a purchase - fair or not?
    By the way - we were looking at Honda Civic Coupes and they were more than $2000 over out purchase price for the Corolla. Arrogant Honda dealers can keet the overpriced Civics! I'll take the $2000 difference and take the wife on a nice week long vacation to Alaska!!!
    R
  • Options
    budhbudh Member Posts: 109
    I'm interested in a nearly fully loaded 2009 Toyota Corolla XLE with nearly everything EXCEPT a moonroof. (Even without the moonroof, I only have about 1/2 inch clearance!) The Toyota local brochure lists 11 possible option packages on the XLE, including this one:

Northern Indiana (Toyota Chicago area dealers association)

2009 Toyota Corolla XLE 1.8L 4-cyl 4-Speed Automatic (1840)
    Option Combo F: $2,319.00

AW 16-in. alloy wheels with P205/55R16 steel-belted radial tires (AW)
    CF Carpet floor mats/cargo mat set (5pc. set) (CF)
    CK All-Weather Guard Package (CK)
    CL Cruise control (CL)
    EJ JBL AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer, etc (EJ)
    FE 50 state emissions (FE)
    VS Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC)

The problem is that my local Toyota dealer showed me on his computer that the Chicago area only has TWO option packages that are used and they both have navigation unit and moonroof, neither of which I want.

How do I get the vehicle I want, and why does the "local brochure" show so many more option packages than are really available?

Bud H
  • Options
    budhbudh Member Posts: 109
    Of course, the package without a moonroof I REALLY would like to obtain is listed in the St, Louis area brochure:

2009 Toyota Corolla XLE 1.8L 4-cyl 4-Speed Automatic (1840)

Option Combo G: $2,977.00

AW 16-in. alloy wheels with P205/55R16 steel-belted radial tires (AW)
    CF Carpet floor mats/cargo mat set (5pc. set) (CF)
    CK All-Weather Guard Package (CK)
    CL Cruise control (CL)
    EF Rear bumper protector (EF)
    EJ JBL AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer, etc. (EJ)
    FE 50 state emissions (FE)
    G0 Door sill enhancements (G0)
    R7 Rear spoiler (R7)
    VS Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC)
  • Options
    jilliewjilliew Member Posts: 48
    Well, maybe it's time to do a road trip to St. Louis and drive one back. Don't buy something you don't want. Check nearby states. I live in CA and when I was going to get a Prius I had to order it from OR to get what I wanted. I have accessories that came with my '09 XLE but they didn't come as a package. I didn't get the sunroof. My extras that were on the car were listed as accessories, not a package.The dealer said I could order one with whatever I wanted, but I took that car because it was there and I got a good deal. And I love it. :)

16in Alloy Wheels w/radials
    5 piece mat set
    Cruise
    JBL w/6 disk changer, XM, bluetooth and steering wheel audio and hands free controls
    Door Sills
    VSC, TRAC
    50 state emmision
  • Options
    goranbabagoranbaba Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am looking for a Carolla LE - with option C package - heated mirrors, power everything (less seat), VSC + traction conttrol.

But the dealers want you to upgrade and pay more for bells and whistles you do not want.

This car's MSRP = $18464 - Dest. charges included

Based on the prices I see here I would want an OTD price of $17600 US

Am I unrealistic given the demand of small cars. I am thinking of just buying an elantra (GLS $15700 MSRP - NO VSC) otherwise - screw the civics and carolla.

It is the ripped of feeling I hate. I can deal with the hyundai problems after 5 years - I guess. But these smug Civic and toyota dealers need a push back.

please post your comments
  • Options
    sooby77sooby77 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

I thought I would share my experience. I live in Raleigh, North Carolina, but just picked up an 09 Corolla XLE in Richmond. Part of the reason was because I was not willing to be part of the Southeast Toyota sham (especially the ToyoGuard package and Administrative Fees). They add all this fees here and there and ends up MORE expensive. The other reason is that there are significantly more choices up in Virginia since they are not limited by Southeast Toyota Distributors of what dealers can have.

My XLE is as follow:
    - Blue Streak Metallic
    - Cruise
    - JBL Upgrade
    - All weather package
    - VSC
    - Carpet and Trunk Mat
    - Cargo Net

Destination fee is $720 as opposed to $775 in North Carolina.

Total MSRP is 20,228, OTD is $19,500. In addition to the holdbacks, they made $295 processing fee, and a little over $100 extra. That was OK with me since the Corolla XLE is very hard to find and dealers are increasingly not willing to negotiate. This configuration was impossible to find in the Southeast. Although local dealers was willing to custom order, they were not willing to lock in the price. This aspect was not acceptable to me. They kept giving me this bullsh** that if Toyota increases the price, you'll have to pay the difference. That was a deal-breaker for me.
  • Options
    mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    That would not be a bad price now as the demand is greater and the prices are up. Back in May i purchased the same package for $16,200 but now with them tight i have seen them go for MSRP all over. Be willing to travel a bit to open up your options a $100.00 one way plane ticket could save you a fair amount more and open up your options. .

Good Luck

MNF
  • Options
    sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    Prices have gone up a little. We had a gray metallic XLE with the above options included, along with navigation picked out for the sum of $19,900.

The dealer had so much trouble getting the car from 300 miles away that we gave up on the deal.

We ended up getting a Civic of course without NAV or VSC for about $1000 less.

Brad :shades:
  • Options
    I was searching for some fog lights for my 09 Corolla and ran across a old post. Did you ever find some fog lights to fit your 09 Corolla just curious as i see some out there on e-bay that say they are OEM Style Replacement.

Thanks
    MNF
  • Options
    slowlearner1slowlearner1 Member Posts: 35
    Recieved money back by trading in my 06 Prius with 55k miles on a 09 Corolla S manual. Spirit Toyota in St Louis (you can find it using Toyota dealer search) lists inventory already discounted plus an internet discount. They worked with me on the phone and everything promised on the phone was carried through in the deal. My wife said it was the best car buying experience she had ever had. Salesmen do not recieve commision, but are paid by customer satisfaction rating (car prices are all preset) If you could drive to StL for a good deal and buying experience, I would recommend Spirit Toyota. Happy to answer any questions...
  • Options
    jvswjvsw Member Posts: 8
    How much did you pay without tax if you don't mind.
    I'm in Maine looking at buying that exact car in the next two weeks.

Thanks
  • Options
    The S sold for $17,853 (including $100 internet discount). It was a manual, no sunroof, 6 disk CD, power windows, cruise... I must say again that the transaction was enjoyable. Never once did they say "What will it take to get you to buy today" The Corollas are prediscounted...about $1100 in my case. There are NO extra fees. The only negative was we had to wait about an hour because it was the end of the day and others were ahead of us buying their cars. Also, they offered me $18K tradein over the phone ( I was honest with them in my description of the car ) and that's what they gave me. No switch on trade price. They paid me a check of $147 to take their car. I was offered a great deal on a Hyundai Sonota ($5k off MSRP) at another dealership, but walked away because of the unprofessional attitude of the dealership. You can find Spirit Toyota by doing a Google or find dealer on the Toyota site. I was told when I left that if a buyer mentioned my name, the dealer would send me $100. I am not telling you this info to get $100...everything I said is totally correct...but if you decide to buy there, please let me know and I would appreciate it if you gave them my name. You can reach me at jmathews@cablemo.net

ps I got 46 mpg driving 130 miles home on I-44 55-70mph. Also, if you listen to XM, check the audio section on this site for info on installation of XM reciever.
  • Options
    ksmigelksmigel Member Posts: 56
    Buying a compact car is risky at these prices with oil falling.

IMO.
  • Options
    gizzer777gizzer777 Member Posts: 335
    Buying something in demand during "peak" periods is always risky, and there is always a "better deal around the corner". Ya gotta know when to just walk and keep looking! One is always eager to play the game with the dealer's ball. I do not think that that will be the case this time. Even if Gas were to drop to $3.50 or lower, small is good and this forces the Big auto makers to get off their butts and DO SOMETHING!

I only got $1000 off MSRP on my XLE in early June with 2.9% financing short term. People were lined up to buy anything with good MPG. Age is good for something....EXPERIENCE! I saw people buying OVER STICKER....NOW that's nuts! The best question I have heard (and sometimes answered is (WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR PAYMENTS TO BE?!) Bend over for that one! I was not about to go traveling to get "the best" deal" out their either.

I did not want the 0% for 36 months for my own reasons. No "vig" for the dealer on the financing pkg so they hide it somewhere else! Things were definately in panic mode then. Just think, the value of your SUV etc certainly is not going up!. Guess what...there is still a "shortage of Toyota Corollas" in this neck of the woods!

I remember when you could buy a house for $20k-25k too. It is the people that load these "gas sippers" up with all the goodies and after market stuff that will get killed at the lot! I think we will see the day soon when we say "20k for a Toyota Corolla was a good deal!" Right now the whole business is in the tank! That is absurd, but real IMHO. My 1st car was a new 1969 pontiac Grand Prix that was a fortune at the price of $4900

As long as the car is reliable and has decent resale value (You get it in the shorts the 1st few years anyway) you can't go wrong. Just as fast as oil came down, It could go back up again. One storm, one act in the Mideast etc and you will have a superspike IMHO (I was around for the gas lines in the 70's oil boycott! In the few months since I sold my SUV and bought my 09 Rolla, I am a believer.

Remember the big auto companies have already comitted to converting the BIG truck/SUV plants into small car factories! BIG BUCKS! The American public has a very short memory!!

Just when you think it is safe to go back into the water...POW and you are nailed. The main reason Gas at the pump is down is that Americans have slowed their driving habits down. Gasoline is still a MAJOR factor in joe Q Public's strained budget!
  • Options
    verver Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up an 09 Corolla S today. Sticker 19420 includes 1945 sport package 16" alloy with power windows/door locks, mirrors, spoiler, in-key transmitter, xm

225 cargo/mats/net
    699 toyo guard
    1995 adm

=22,339 + TTT

OTD for me was 19612.06. what do you guys think? Got it from Central Florida
  • Options
    jvswjvsw Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the info. I will most certainly contact you if I I go to that dealership.
    Would love to see you get 100$$

Thanks again
    Enjoy your knew car
  • Options
    You're welcome and good luck
  • Options
    I prefer small cars. I have owned Alfa, Lotus and MR2 to name a few. I had what I considered a lot of miles on the Prius and the trade value had increased $2500 in 3 months. I expect the value to decrease as gas goes lower. Its $3.32 in nearby Springfield, Mo. My plan was to go back to a hybrid in a few years, but there is a lot of confusion in the hybrid world with several makes coming out with hybrids in the coming years. I decided to sit it out in a Corolla. I am very pleased so far with mileage hanging about 42 for this week.

You couldn't get me in a big car even if gas was 25 cents/gal. I just prefer smaller cars.
  • Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    At some point,with the Corolla going for these prices, and a 09 Hyundai Sonata 4cyl gls auto (msrp 20000) going for the 15000s in many areas (with a big warranty) and rated higher than the accord and camry by many one has to look other places than the venerable Corolla.

Don't "worry" about gas going to 2.80 a gallon permanently. (or even for a flash). Americans are readjusting their driving, cars, and finances to afford more driving. The economy is slow and demand for fuel is down. 3 billion people in China and India with 10% economic growth aren't going away. Once the economic cycle rolls around (provided the politicians behave) gas will be above $4.00 again.

Pray you don't see $2.50 gas again because you will probably be unemployed. (in a worldwide depression)

Good luck
    --jjf
  • Options
    Funny that you mentioned the Sonata because that was the other car I was considering. And, as you mentioned, I had them down $5k on the deal. But there are many factors to consider, and some of them very uncertain for the future. I believe as long as gas is cheap we won't make the move away from oil. So, as much as it hurts so many people, I hope the gas doesn't drop too low in price.

As for me being unemployed...I'm retired. Outside of the total collapse of society, I think I'll be ok.

The avg mpg for my first week with the Corolla (about 300 mi) is 43.
  • Options
    jilliewjilliew Member Posts: 48
    I had sort of given up but went on ebay and did find something other than those Bling Lights, for which I got a full refund. I wasn't about to cut up my car. The 3 on ebay all look like you just pull your plastic mold out and put the new ones in, wire it and install the switch. Not something I can do. LOL All the lights are clear and they don't tell you how far you are going to be able to see. Tell me if these are the same ones you saw.

http://search.ebay.com/Foglights-Corolla-XLE_W0QQdfspZ32QQfromZR40QQssPageNameZR- C0023QQ_trksidZp1638Q2em120

Also trying to find a half mask but no luck. Seems like there is one out there for every car but this one. :cry:
  • Options
    Thanks,

yes these are the same ones that i was looking at so you have not picked up a pair yet.

MNF
  • Options
    elena250elena250 Member Posts: 28
    Offered an OTD price of $19,750 for a Corolla LE with VSC/Cruise Control , aluminum wheel upgrade - MSRP around 20,000 - is this considered good for nowadays? I did see a Civic for 18,430 plus ttl which would make it about the same. No VSC but would that be necessary? This is in TX. What do you think?
  • Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Check out message 2085. At some point, the 20000 msrp 09 Hyundai Sonata, Mazda6 value edition sedan (08) Mazda3 (15500 street) and possibly a Focus (If bought loaded for the high 13000s) become better options. The 08 mazda6 is available in the 16000s and If the 09 Sonata is purchased in the high 15000s it becomes a much better deal.

I believe a 09 Matrix or Pontiac Vibe would also be in contention in the 17000s.

If ya gotta have a Corolla look up the trade in value of a used one like yours (kbb.com) in a 2007 model with 18000 miles and add about 5000-6000 for a decent price on a new 09 model.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • Options
    dnc441dnc441 Member Posts: 3
    no this is way too high of a price... i got my quote for 17,888 otd corolla LE 09 1 month ago with alloy wheels, cruise control, power lock/windows.. no vsc ( that would be additional 200 i guess). so you should aim around 18100 otd, this price includes a california tax of 8.5%. just print edmunds "what others are paying price" and negotiate from there.. better yet, just haggle via email to the internet fleet managers. trust me.. it'll save time! kinda sucks i did all this research and got the scion tc, with the no haggle pure pricing haha
  • Options
    elena250elena250 Member Posts: 28
    thanks for the reply. All the prices I seem to be getting are quite different from those posted on these forums - same with the Civic - and even the Ford Focus! Maybe I should go with something with a no haggle price as well. We had even looked at the Scion tc - but the gas mileage isn't great, is it? Plus what price is that? Any suggestions on how to get these prices down? Even via the internet they don't seem to reduce much. Thinking of also looking at the bigger car - Camry or Accord. Sort of discouraged.
  • Options
    dnc441dnc441 Member Posts: 3
    yea i felt discouraged after trying to buy a car for 2 months and ended up with no luck. the Scion i got is definitely great! The gas is about 21/29. i keep thinking its not as great as the corolla, but the car totally gives a different vibe. After tax and fees it was about 20,300 k otd. Felt a lot more at ease purchasing something without haggling. if you go to edmunds, u can compare the different cars, and it shows that you get a lot more for your money ( feature wise) in this car, than any other car. If you want to haggle some more via email, say that you are a serious buyer and you're ready to purchase the vehicle if they can get it to a certain quote. and don't play that haggling game over and over,, maybe just once or twice with the same dealer. goodluck!!!
  • Options
    srigudisrigudi Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy New Toyota Corolla LE 2009 in IL. I am a first time buyer. Please some one help me and let me know the the best OTD price (or Base price) to buy this car.
    Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    Check the prices at Spirit Toyota in St Louis. You can find them by goodleing. They discount their cars and thats what you pay. I saved $1,000 buying from them compared to best price from other dealers. Like most dealers, they give a kickback if a buyer mentions the name of someone who sent them, so please let me know if you decide to buy there. I can honestly say it was a pleasant buying experience and I will go back in the future. There are no additional fees beyond what is listed as the internet price and you get an extra $100 going though the net.
  • Options
    kdogtrainerkdogtrainer Member Posts: 3
    I got my 2009 Toyota Corolla LE last Sat. with the Cruise control, VSC/TRAC heated mirrors etc. for $17,230. I did then add the teflon coating to the paint for $684 and to the seats for $100. I do think I got a very good deal.
  • Options
    At this stage with the Corolla tight and scarce in some parts of the country that is a very good deal. Your MSRP must have been around $18,500.00

MNF
  • Options
    kdogtrainerkdogtrainer Member Posts: 3
    Penske has a deal where employees get discounts at different car dealerships. I got a quote from a toyota dealership in New Jersey and went for a test drive at a dealer near me in Pennsylvania to make sure it was the car I really wanted. The dealer then quoted me a price and I thanked him for the test drive but told him that I got a much better deal at the dealership in NJ.

He then asked me what they quoted me so I showed him the email and to my surprise (heh heh hehhhhh) :blush: he offered to meet it. Mission accomplished. :D
  • Options
    Thats funny how thats works thats what its all about people just have to remember when buying a Car/Truck that its all BUSINESS do not buy with EMOTION it will take you out of the game. I hate to say it i enjoy the game i must with a history of buying six new cars and three used ones since 1998. Never paying over invoice on any of the new cars.

Good luck and enjoy your new car

MNF
  • Options
    suplok9999suplok9999 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Tampa. FL too. I am going to buy a 2009 Toyota Corolla.

Can you give me the dealer's name. phone number and address? Thanks!
  • Options
    rchvadrvrrchvadrvr Member Posts: 5
    got an OTD of $17,150 for the base model (no pwr locks/windows) with automatic transmission, with the heat package and floor mats in Richmond, VA (3% tax in VA)

I didn't buy, I think they would go lower.
  • Options
    luvindialuvindia Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to buy 2009 corolla LE in NJ and I have tried once to get Out the Door (OTD) $17K (including everything) and dealer was ready, so it looks like they might go below invoice real soon. I saw a huge inventory of corolla building up. With gas prices going down and it will!!! you shall see dealers bending down a bit for Honda Fit, Toyota Corolla and even Prius since next year companies are increasing the inventory anticipating the demand - we shall see, I'm in the market for Honda Civic, or Fit or corolla. Not Prius at this time - I'll wait for that one until they come up with Plug in or may be a Volt that does not use gas at all until 40 miles which is my regular commute to work :)
  • Options
    jasonlajasonla Member Posts: 1
    I've been shopped around a white 09 Corolla LE for over 2 wks. I went to serveral dealers, made lots of calls, sent out 30+emails and read countless online articles. Finally, I got it for a good deal(out of 10+ dealers') from Cerrito Toyota.
    I am very please with their service and I would recomend ppl with their homework done to go there.

10 pts I wanna share

1. Know you real invoice price
    2. Dont be afraid to walk out
    3. Cash is power
    4. Contact as many dealer as you can
    5. Offer a price instead of asking for one
    6. Call instead of physically visit a dealer
    7. Go at End of the month
    8. Go at End of the year
    9. Go before they close
    10. be kind to the sales people cuz they are just trying to make a living too!

(p.s. a last name of "new"?)
    Regards,

Real Person
  • Options
    luvindialuvindia Member Posts: 8
    Eventually I bought Honda Fit 2009 Auto Base model has a loads of space, very versatile. for $17K out the door(in NJ with 7% tax) .This car is safer than Corolla, in front and side crashes. That I find it amazing.
  • Options
    jackforettejackforette Member Posts: 19
    You forgot to mention what price you paid!!!!
  • Options
    drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    Just bought a Corolla LE with Cruise, Remote Keyless Entry, All-weather and matts through Costco at $100 over invoice. Car had an MSRP of $18,314, invoice of $16,749. I paid $16,849 + TTL.

Was offered the 75K Platinum Extended warranty for $820 but said I would think about it.
  • Options
    archarkonarcharkon Member Posts: 4
    2000 off MSRP for every Corolla - in MD
  • Options
    lchailchai Member Posts: 2
    Dealer agreed my price for 2009 Toyota corolla LE OTD price at $16000.00( including admin fee,everything). good deal or not? I am in NH. thanks
  • Options
    drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    What's the sales tax rate and license fee in NH? A base LE has an invoice of $15,787 - any options?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    No sales tax in NH!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    vois22vois22 Member Posts: 18
    2009 Corolla S
    MSRP $ 20014

Paid:$18,118
    options:
    weather guard package
    5 pc mats
    sport package: 16-in alloy wheels, rear deck spoiler, remote keyless, cruise control.
    Added 6 yr/75000 bumper-to-bumper for additional $650

Payments $278.55 @ 60 mos. after warranty/$290.22 @ 60 mos.

Midwest - Missouri - St. Louis - St. Peters - St. Charles
    toyota corolla 2009 corolla s corolla msrp
  • Options
    kswamykswamy Member Posts: 3
    Got an LE for $17,100 along with 6% financing.

Includes all-weather package, cruise control, mats, stability control.

This is in Vienna, VA
  • Options
    yisingyising Member Posts: 10
    i think i screwed up but i dont know if its too late- I've been trying to help my girlfriend buy a Toyota Corolla LE with cruise control, all weather, VSC, 6 CD player, rear bumper guard, floor mats, and cargo net. She was ready to buy the car Saturday, and we got to negotiate the price to 17,407 (I know not good at all, after reading this page too late) it comes out to actually 18,987 otd. However she didn't have enough credit to buy the car herself so her mom who lives in another state is going to buy it and my girlfriend is going to co pay. So the dealer told us that they would have to overnight the papers for her mom to sign and then once she sent them back we would sign and be able to pick up the car. They already ran a credit check on her mom which was good, and they told us to give them a 500 deposit check to hold the car. They have a lot of our private information and a 500 deposit check. Does anybody know if its too late to back out since we haven't actually signed any papers for the purchase of the car? if any one knows or has some advice please help me
  • Options
    dchevdchev Member Posts: 38
    I am not a lawyer; however, if you have not signed the papers, you are not obligated to purchase this vehicle. You can tell them that other dealers have given you much lower price, so you do not want to buy the car from them.
    They should give you back $500 deposit and all your info..
    Good luck! Be polite, but firm!
  • Options
    vois22vois22 Member Posts: 18
    Based on the packages you have listed, this vehicle, CR's model says you should pay between 16240 and 16710 for the car (purchase price). You have indicated that a purchase price of $17,407 was negotiated. However, my "spider sense" for the situation you have described is more a leary feeling about the financing. Could you please tell me the amount of monthly payment you have been told, and, for exactly how many months? (Example: $371.20 monthly for 60 months).

This will determine whether your friend is going to fall prey to predatory lending in this situation.

As for papers, I would be very surprised if absolutely no purchase papers have been signed. Are you certain that your friend did not sign her name -- anywhere -- on a piece of paper labeled as an agreement? I would be surprised if the dealership had taken any $500 deposit without a purchase agreement having been signed.

When I purchased a new car last week, there was a couple who had backed out and changed their mind, so these things are possible although I don't know the details. If you were to go in to the dealership and let them know that your decision had changed, or your situation had changed, and were insistent, I doubt they would try to pursue it legally because the return cost wouldn't be worth it on a base Corolla sale, after adding legal costs. My "spider senses" are up based on what you have described, because the purchase price is high, the additional costs added bringing it to nearly 19000 are EXTREMELY suspect, and it sounds like they are going to throw the financing away from TFS (Toyota Financial) so that you could be looking at an interest rate of 5% or more. (It should be between 1.9% to 2.9% .)
  • Options
    yisingyising Member Posts: 10
    hey vois22 thanks for your reply, the dealer told me that it would be 305 per month for 36 months and thats with 0% APR. also we signed 2 papers one was for credit report and the other was a sheet with large boxes that had the numbers we were working with to get the monthly payment. We still havent entered the financing office and her mom hasnt recieved the papers to sign. im clueless what is predatory lending?